conflict

Dating an Idol [ sequel to My Celebrity Crush]

 

Woohyun’s POV

I hop onto the taxi with Sun Young noona and took one last glance over Sunggyu who was sitting inside the van in despair. A few drop of tears crawled down from the corner of her eyes. She immediately wiped it off. “Noona, are you okay?” I asked. She nodded a bit without wanting to face me.

“I’m sorry gyu ah...” She mumbled. It was painful witnessing this tearful event as my eyes beginning to well up with tears. I looked away from her. At the moment, I felt as if what I did was really wrong. If something happen between these two, i would definitely be the one to blame.

Along the way, no one bothered to say anything. I sat quietly, looking out of the window. Once in a while, I would steal a glance over her and then turned to face the window again. “Ahjussi, please drop us here.” I told the taxi driver. Making sure no one followed us, I paid for the fare and both of us got off the taxi.

She arranged her step towards the river as I followed her from behind.

“I hate seeing him that way woohyun ah… But it hurts me more knowing that I won’t be seeing him again…” She said. Her eyes started to well up again. Suddenly, She collapsed to the grounds and tears spurted from her brown eyes down her cheeks.

“Woohyun ah, I’m scared...” She told him. I kneeled down and helped her wiped away her tears.

Without a word coming from me, I leaned closer to her weak body and embraced her. Upon hugging her, tears beginning to crawl down my eyes. “I’m scared woohyun ah..” She repeated.

I gently rubbed her back as I continued to hug her without knowing what is the right word to console her. I was lost for words. I wanted to tell her everything’s going to fine but unfortunately, I just can’t.

***

“Are you sure you are okay?” I asked her.

She nodded a bit and carved a slight smile. “Thanks woohyun ah..” She told me and leaned down to place her lips gently on my cheek. After sending her home, I headed back to our dorm.

“Would you care to explain what you just did?” Manager hyung asked as he drove me home. “I’m not sure hyung..” I mumbled slightly.

“Bwoh? You do realize that what you did just now will end up in the front page tomorrow?” He asked. “I know...” I answered brief.

He sighed and immediately stopped questioning me.

As soon as we arrived in front of the dorm, I quietly got off the van and headed to our dorm without saying a word.

A lot of things were on my mind at the moment. I was so lost and confused that I couldn’t even think straight. I felt sorry for Sunggyu hyung. But someday, he will understand why I did that. But until that someday come, I will have to bear all the consequences that I’ll be facing from tomorrow onwards.

I carefully made my way through the front door of our dorm. As soon as I entered the dorm, I saw Myungsoo was sitting at the living room along with Sungjong and hoya while Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Sunggyu were nowhere in sight.

Everyone was quiet and no one said a word when I came in. Sungyeol then walked out of the room. “Hyung, what just happened?” Sungjong bravely asked. “You are lying right?” Myungsoo voiced out as if he knew something was wrong. I didn’t response. “You know Sunggyu hyung likes noona. Why did you do that?” He asked again.

Again, his question left me response less. I was speechless not knowing how to answer his question.

“Sorry guys. Whatever Sun Young noona and I had planned is not a lie. We’re getting married whether you guys like it or not. That’s final.” I tried lying.

It was hard lying to your own band mate, but left with no choice, I had to bear with it.

I then left the living room, headed directly towards the room I shared with Sunggyu hyung. However before I could turn the door knob, Sungyeol stopped me. “I think it’s better if you don’t enter the room yet.” He said.

Just then, the door squeaked opened. Sunggyu hyung walked out of the room. His eyes were a bit swollen. He glared at me before walking passed me and left the dorm, leaving each and everyone inside the dorm dumfounded.

“You guys will understand one day why I did this.” I silently mumbled and closed the door.

***

YOUR POV

You were at home watching the television when your unnie entered the house. From where you sat, you could see her eyes were slightly red as if she was just finished crying. Concern, you stood up and directly went towards her. “Unnie, have you been crying? Why, what happen?”

“Crying?” She giggled a bit.

“No, it was a bit hazy outside. Maybe it was because of the dust or something.” She explained. However, you didn’t quite convince with her words. It was as if she was giving an excuse instead of an explanation.

She then quietly went to the bedroom. *Something must’ve happened* you thought. 

***

"INFINITE'S WOOHYUN PROPOSE TO HIS COORDINATOR NOONA AT A RESTAURANT"

"Happy now?" The manager slightly threw the newspaper. Woohyun lowered his head. "I know I shouldn’t be interfering your private life, but you should know when is the right time to propose. You just had your comeback after a short hiatus. At least wait till the comeback is successfully over or something. Knowing that sunggyu is also involved in this.. I really think this is not the right time.” He said, sounding disappointed with woohyun’s action.

Woohyun just kept silence.

“Time is precious hyung, we can’t waste it any longer.” He replied.