eight

Alive

It was just a normal day at the school; students were flooding the hallway, as they all had the same intention which was getting out of the hell hole they called school. A boy was timidly standing in front of the counsellor’s office; gripping tight on his shoulder strap of the backpack he was wearing. He nervously knocked on the door before slowly pushing it. He was immediately greeted by a guy with a smile on his face.

 

“How can I help you, Student?” He politely asked.

 

The boy—hesitantly—sat on one of the chair. He stuttered.

 

“Remember when you said that if I see something, I have to say something?”

 

The older guy nodded.

 

“Well…” the boy said, “I-I saw something. That night, on the school camp, in the middle of the wood.”

 

The counsellor chuckled, he leaned closer to the stuttering boy, staring at him. His bright face suddenly was being replaced by a dark and serious one.

 

“What did you see?”

 

“I-I…” The boy took a deep breath. “I saw fangs, and two pairs of glowing eyes. Just like how you described.”

 

They were trapped in silence for a few seconds before the counsellor stood up from his chair, he then stood up behind the boy’s chair and gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder.

 

“Good job.” He said. “I’m glad that you’re taking my advice very well, Mr. Sehun.”

 

---

 

Seulgi was petrified; for some reasons she could not move, and so did Jisoo, and Joy. While Yeri—well the youngest seemed very comfortable being around Wendy’s creepy-looking family. She even made a joke about how she wanted to become a vampire when she was a kid but ironically she was beaten by a werewolf. Wendy, her mother, and Yeri excused themselves to grab more dishes from the kitchen.

 

“What’s wrong, girls? You guys haven’t touched your dinner at all.” Wendy’s father spoke as he was smiling; showing the kids his fangs.

 

The three were fidgeting. And before they had a chance to answer, Wendy’s father said,

 

“Or do you guys want to be the dinner instead?”

 

His voice sent chills to the three young werewolves’ spines.

 

“Cut it out, Igor! It’s not funny!” Wendy’s mother nagged the man as she placed the rest of the food on the table. “Pardon my husband, kids. He’s silly.”

 

Wendy’s father gave them a playful yet apologetic smile.

 

Seulgi turned her head to see Jisoo and Joy who seemed to already enjoying their food. She looked down at a big slab of meat on her plate.

 

“Don’t worry. It’s cow’s meat.” Wendy chuckled. Seulgi gave her a smile and started engulfing the meat like a hungry werewolf she was.

 

“Our clan has become allies with humans and werewolves. Most of the supernatural creatures became one since the return of the hunters; of course, some of us still think that they’re better standing alone. We cannot make everyone happy, can we?” the man said; earning a few nods from the teenagers.

 

“I taught Wendy and our young generation in family on how to protect themselves. I hope your alpha does the same too.” He sighed. “Hunters prey on young creatures most of the time because they thought that it’s easier to manipulate. They thought they’re just a normal teenagers who are easy to get lured of. But, guys, you have to remember that you are not just a teenager.”

 

He smiled. Somehow, Seulgi could see what the man had gone through.

 

“Never stop running, kids.” He ended, wiping his lips with a napkin.

 

Seulgi silently finished her food.

 

Hunters, huh?”

 

---

 

“Is it just me or Jennie Kim is now hanging out with Suho’s clique?” Yeri placed her chin on her palm.

 

“Jennie Kim?” Joy raised one of her eyebrows. “Jennie Kim, that girl with hella huge glasses with the hair that looks like she never discovers what comb is?”

 

“Yes, that Jennie Kim.” Yeri rolled her eyes.

 

As expected from the gossip duo.

 

Seulgi thought.

 

“Who’s Jennie Kim?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Jisoo, that’s what happened when you pay attention more to your box of chicken more than your surroundings.” Joy said, earning a smack on the head my Kim Jisoo.

 

“I was asking nicely-” she wasn’t able to finish her sentences when Seulgi pointed out which one is the girl named Jennie Kim.

 

At that moment, Jisoo dropped the drumstick she had on her hand. Time seemed to slow down and at the very moment, she unconsciously said.

 

“I want her to click clack badabing-badaboom my .”

 

Little did she know, everyone in the table was listening.

 

“Jisoo, you’ve said so many gross things but this one is grossest yet.” Wendy said.

 

Jisoo just scoffed.

 

“How did the glo-up hit her like a truck in a few nights?” Joy said, stealing one of Jisoo’s chicken while the older girl was too stunned by her discovery of Jennie Kim.

“Either something bit her, or she just have a really good plastic sugery.” Yeri said. “I don’t want to make things complicated so I’d go with the second option.”

 

---

 

Seulgi was in a rush, she was grabbing her stuffs from her locker because she was going to be late to her next class. But, just her luck, she bumped to someone none other than Bae Joohyun herself, who also seemed to be in a hurry.

 

“S-Sorry, Seulgi.”

 

“It’s okay.” Seulgi briefly replied before she let Irene passed. She was walking away from Irene before the girl stopped her.

 

“I remember. At the party. I remember everything.” Irene said, “Just…maybe you want to know…or care.”

 

Irene threw a tiny small that looked sad to Seulgi before she walked to whatever she was heading to at the first place. Leaving Seulgi, froze like a statue.

 

---

 

Seulgi could not seem to focus inside the class; mainly because of Irene but also she could not stop herself from staring at Jennie who was sitting next to her. Seulgi closed her eyes, trying to catch something about this new Jennie Kim.

 

Her heart is still beating. Not a vampire.

 

She nodded at her own thought.

 

“You know staring is rude, Seulgi.” Jennie suddenly spoke, crushing Seulgi’s thought.

 

“S-Sorry.” Seulgi nervously chuckled. “You look a bit different.”

 

Jennie suddenly turned her head to Seulgi, giving her a smile.

 

“You mean a lot?”

 

---

 

a/n: yello, guys. I’m on holiday!

 

p.s. I’ll let you guys guess what Jennie is. But, let me tell y’all…she’s not a werewolf.