ten

Alive

Seulgi walked around the school. After her encounter with Jennie, she just wanted to see one person who might know what Jennie was referring to.

 

Nagual.

 

Seulgi did try to search it on the internet but the information was not enough for her, she needed to know more about the Nagual. And the right person who might know about everything supernatural was Wendy. And so, there she was. In the library, looking for Wendy as she found the vampire at the very back—the darkest part of the library.

 

“Hey.”

 

Wendy looked up from the book; she lifted her eyebrows while smiling at Seulgi.

 

“Yeah. What happen—“

 

“Do you know anything about Nagual?”

 

The vampire could not even finish her words as Seulgi cut her out. She immediately knew that whatever Seulgi was up to, it was urgent.

 

Nagual. The word itself can mean shape-shifter. It began from the Aztec god, Tezcalipoca, who could transform into animals at night as the Nagual’s protector. Well, it said that if you want to be a shape-shifter you have to go through some kind of ritual. The rumour said that they also were capable of making a very strong army of Berserker. They were very strong, unbeatable. In another word, very dangerous.”

 

Seulgi frowned.

 

“What animal do they usually transform into?”

 

Wendy shrugged and closed her book, “many people said they could transform into jaguar, or coyote, or more I guess, why did you ask? It’s just some fairy-tale”

 

Seulgi bit her bottom lip.

 

“Wendy, I’m afraid it’s not a fairy-tale.”

 

The pale girl chuckled, “Seulgi, I’ve lived in this world for a very long time, and if they are real, I might had seen one.”

 

“No,” Seulgi said. “Jennie Kim.”

 

Wendy’s chuckle slowly faded as she saw the serious look on Seulgi’s face.

 

Oh my God.”

 

---

 

Wendy took Seulgi to her house. The werewolf was sitting on Wendy’s bed while staring at her friend; unboxing some of her old stuffs. She got up and blew a bunch of dust for something that looked like a very old book.

 

Bestiary?” Seulgi said, “are you kidding?”

 

Wendy sat down beside Seulgi.

 

“Not just any bestiary,” she opened the book. “It’s a bestiary for supernatural.”

 

The shorter flipped the pages carefully.

 

“Found it!” Wendy shoved the book in front of Seulgi’s face, literally.

 

Seulgi took the book from the vampire’s hands. She frowned. She just did not know how to deal with all these. Her alpha died, and some unknown supernatural creature popped up among them, and she did not know if they were a threat or not. She just wanted to cry; just like how she used to when she felt sad. But, ever since she changed, she did not cry as much, instead she got angry. She had an anger management issue, and that was harder when Boa was not on her side anymore.

Her thoughts shattered as an image of a person with a green eyes appeared on the book. Those looked exactly like Jennie’s. Seulgi read the description and she heard Wendy gasped.

 

“Jennie Kim is…”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi closed the book. “She’s part jaguar.”

 

---

 

Seulgi was lying on her bed; she was staring at the ceiling as if her mind was empty. She tried to. But, she had a lot of in mind. Everything just wanted to make her angry. She shifted her eyes to the door, she heard footsteps—not her mother’s, but someone else’s. It sounded so careful, as if they were up to no good. So, she got up and stood in front of the door. As the footsteps stopped in front of her room, she opened the door.

 

“Irene?”

 

Irene; who seemed about to knock on the orange coloured door had her eyes widened, looked a bit shocked by Seulgi’s sudden action.

 

“W-What are you doing here?”

 

“Seulgi?” She could hear her mother downstairs. “Irene is here.”

 

Seulgi messaged her temple, “yes, mom. I know.” She answered back.

 

She saw Irene was fidgeting on her fingers.

 

“Oh yes, sorry. Come in.” The werewolf said as she invited her to the bedroom.

 

Irene was looking around Seulgi’s room. Everything seemed the same but different at the same time. It did not look like…Seulgi.

 

“You can sit down, Irene.” Seulgi said, she brought herself to sit on the spinning chair as she motioned Irene to sit on her bed.

 

Seulgi realised, it had been a while since they were together in this room. And now, having Irene back in her room again seemed so strange.

 

“So…” She started, “what are you doing?”

 

Seulgi really did want to know what Irene was doing because it was already dark outside.

 

“Umm…” Irene was fidgeting again. “Sehun was supposed to take me on a date today, but he’s being so weird nowadays, he starts hanging out with his new weird friends and I don’t like it.”

 

Seulgi—who was once laid back against the back-rest—leaned to Irene.

 

“So, you’re here because your pretty boyfriend ditched you again?”

 

There was something in Seulgi’s eyes that made Irene’s scared. She never felt this way before, she always felt safe whenever Seulgi was around. Not the opposite.

 

“N-No.” Irene looked down, avoiding eye contact with Seulgi. “I just want to hang out. It’s been a while.”

 

Seulgi scoffed, but she nodded anyway. She got up from her chair; opening a mini refrigerator on the corner of the room. And within a second Irene saw her favourite box of milk in front of her.

 

She remembered.

 

Irene thought, as she took the milk from Seulgi’s hand. The oldest was about to insert the straw in when Seulgi said,

 

“Careful. Don’t stain my bed.”

 

Irene froze. It somehow brought her a memory.

 

+++

 

“Joohyun! Be careful! Don’t stain my bed, my mom won’t be happy about it.” Seulgi said as she grabbed the box of milk from Irene’s hand and put the straw in for her. Irene laughed at Seulgi’s frustrated face, the younger girl was indeed looked so cute.

 

“There you go!” She gave the milk back to Joohyun with the brightest smile on her face.

 

“Thank you, Seulgi.” Joohyun pecked Seulgi’s chubby cheek, leaving a stain of milk on it on purpose.

+++

 

Irene was staring at Seulgi who was playing god-knows-what on her laptop, she did not come here to see that. She wanted to talk to Seulgi about what happened at the party.

 

“Seulgi.”

 

The latter did not even bother to look at her as she just answered her with a cold hum.

 

“I want to talk about what happened at the party.”

 

It did stop Seulgi from doing her thing, she spun the chair to Irene’s direction. Irene did not expect Seulgi to give her a tiny smile.

 

“Forget it. You were just drunk. It’s fine.”

 

No.

 

Irene bit her nail.

 

“No,” she said. “I wasn’t drunk.”

 

Seulgi laughed. But, Irene did not like this laugh, it appeared as if Seulgi was mocking her.

 

“You were completely wasted, Irene.” She said. “Cut the .”

 

Seulgi cursed, and Irene did not like it. Not even a bit.

 

She stood up. Seulgi’s eyes followed her movement.

 

“I wasn’t drunk! I wasn’t drunk because I remember how I loved it!”

 

Seulgi’s stopped breathing for a few moments as she was trying to process whatever she just heard from Irene’s mouth.

 

“W-What?” She chuckled. “You’re just confused because Sehun has been distance, Rene. And I think it’s better if you go ho-“

 

Seulgi did not finish her sentences. She couldn’t; she could not say anything when Irene’s soft pair of lips was now on hers. A sudden realisation hit her as Irene began to her bottom lip. She gently broke the contact and pushed the smaller girl.

 

“You seriously need to go home.” She said. Irene had no idea how hard Seulgi was trying to not to stutter.

 

Instead of obeying the werewolf, Irene hooked her arms around Seulgi’s neck and kissed the taller girl deeper than before. Seemed like Seulgi couldn’t help herself anymore because she had her hands on Irene’s waist. They were dropping their bodies against the soft mattress. Irene got her legs circling Seulgi’s hip, and her fingers were playing on the latter’s brown locks.

She felt an unfamiliar wetness against her lips, that was when she realised that Seulgi was crying. Seulgi broke the contact lightly as Irene started to embrace her, just like how she always did when the younger had tears on her cheeks.

Irene could feel Seulgi’s pain as the girl started to sob, she caressed Seulgi’s back; trying so hard to calm the girl by the fact that she didn’t even know what made Seulgi upset.

 

“Sshh…It’s okay, Seulgi. I’m here.” Irene Seulgi’s hair, the girl had her face against Irene’s neck.

 

I’m always here.”

 

---