twelve

Alive

The girls were gathering in Boa’s living room. They made Seulgi shift as they were sure that they saw Seulgi’s eyes turned to glowing red. But, what they got this time was just a pair of yellow eyes.

 

“Weird,” Joy said. “I’m sure it was red. I mean…we all saw it.”

 

Seulgi frowned.

 

“What’s so weird about it, guys? I cannot be the alpha,” She nervously chuckled. “You have to kill the alpha to be…the alpha.”

 

She felt the others’ eyes looking at her in horror, as if they didn’t trust her. And Seulgi; she hated how that felt. Her jaw tightened, and she stood up.

 

“I did not kill Boa.”

 

And by that, she left the house—leaving the other girls in silence. They knew that whatever they were doing make Seulgi felt uncomfortable; the girl must had felt that they were accusing her of killing their alpha. But each of them knew for sure, that Seulgi did not do it because they could hear her heartbeat.

 

“Great.” Yeri ran her hand across her hair in frustration. “Now we have to apologise to her.”

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

“Joy, I’m sorry.”

 

The tallest held Jisoo’s hand.

 

“I’m sorry, too.”

 

“Okay. So…” Yeri started. “Clearly Seulgi didn’t kill Boa. Then how can she be an alpha?”

 

Jisoo’s eyes shifted to Yeri.

 

“I wasn’t sure about this, I thought that was just a rumour.” She said,

 

Have you ever heard about the pure-alpha?”

 

---

 

Irene was arranging some of her clothes into her closet as she did her routine of doing laundry and ironing. The scent of the fabric softener crept into her nose; making her feel calm and just forgot whatever the hell she was dealing at that time. Irene felt stressed out by the fact that her boyfriend suddenly grew a distance from her; and the fact that she had this complicated situation with Seulgi. If she had to be honest, she really liked the feeling of kissing Seulgi or just simply hugging the other girl, and she didn’t even feel that way with her boyfriend. She hung her last clothes inside her closet, and as she turned her body around she gasped.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

The said girl was standing in front of her; her gentle stare was boring a hole through Irene’s soul. It was warm and Irene liked it. Irene liked Seulgi.

 

“How did you-“

 

“Through the window.”

 

Irene glanced at her window that had been opened widely. The younger girl softly grinned. But somehow Irene could see sadness within her eyes. So, she hugged her.

 

“Are you crazy? What if you fell?”

 

Seulgi wrapped her arms around Irene’s petite body; inhaling her scent as she smelled the latter’s emotion. Love and worry; Seulgi felt warm inside her heart and so she said,

 

“I didn’t. Did I?”

 

Irene lifted up her face to look at Seulgi’s. She reached the younger’s cheeks and she locked their lips together.

 

Yeah,

 

Irene definitely liked Seulgi.

 

---

 

 

Wendy was alone in the wood; hunting. It was past-midnight, and there was a time that Wendy couldn’t control her thirst, so she there she was; standing in the middle on dark wood. Her bright blue eyes were tracing the deer she was after. Her head turned as she heard a loud groan of the said animal, so she rushed through the huge trees as she found the deer lied on the ground with an open wound around its neck. Not only that, someone was standing next to it.

That someone was Jennie Kim. Her green eyes met Wendy’s blue ones.

 

“I hope you don’t mind sharing.” The jaguar said.

 

Wendy tilt her head, this Jennie Kim was different because she didn’t have the cocky expression she usually witnessed in school, instead, she had the sweetest smile—she knew Seulgi would slap her if she heard this but, it kind of reminded her of Seulgi.

 

“No,” Wendy said. “I don’t mind at all. You helped me to catch it.”

 

Wendy stepped forward, approaching Jennie who had ripped the deer’s ribs apart. The vampire thought that Jennie was probably as hungry as her. She heard a gasp coming out from Jennie’s mouth when Wendy let her fangs out and stuck it into the deer and drained the animal. It was a normal reaction, even among the other vampires. Wendy’s fangs were special because it was sharper and longer than typical vampire.

“Sorry,” Jennie said. “I’ve never met a vampire before.”

 

Wendy chuckled.

 

“Well, I’ve never met a nagual before.” She said. “I thought you were just some old fairy-tale.”

 

Jennie prepared an answer but then, they heard something.

 

“Did you hear that?”

 

“Clear as crystal,” Wendy replied. “Two heartbeats.”

 

“Hunters?” Jennie said as they both were trying to catch the scent.

 

They started jogging to follow whatever they heard were going.

 

“Werewolves.” Wendy said, she stopped when she saw just a pair of foot prints.

 

“Weird,” Jennie said. “Only a pair?”

 

Jennie suddenly was pinned against the ground as something suddenly fell on top of her. And there she was, a girl with glowing blue eyes. Her claws were inches away from the werejaguar’s face. Wendy immediately pulled her back, preventing the unidentified werewolf to kill Jennie. The werewolf was thrown to one of the trees.

 

“Hey! Easy!” Wendy stood in between them.

 

“Who are you?!” Jennie shouted at the girl. She stopped when she saw the terrified look on the girl’s face, not to mention that she was covered in blood. She felt that the girl was running from something. Jennie tugged on Wendy’s shirt and told the vampire to look up. There was a body on the tree. Wendy and Jennie could hear the girl was mumbling something. They walked closer to her and they heard it.

 

“I need to see the alpha,” the girl said, repeatedly.

 

“The alpha?” Jennie asked as she jumped from the tree with the body that turned out to be a girl. “You meant Boa?”

 

“Boa had passed away,” Wendy said, concerned.

 

The girl shook her head.

 

“I meant Kang Seulgi.”

 

---