thirty-five

Alive

Irene was sitting on Joys bed; she was staring at nothing but Seolhyuns body that was lying on the floor inside Joys room. They were planning to bring Seolhyuns body into the lair.

 

Finally. Joy said as she clicked the enter button on her laptop. I erased all of the security footages from earlier. Youre lucky.

 

Irene did not answer; she was still staring at Seolhyuns body. The girl died on her hand.

 

Irene? Joy slowly approached. Irene gasped and faced Joy. I called Seulgi. She should be here in-

 

Joy did not finish her words as Seulgi was basically forcing herself inside her room.

 

I heard what happened. She hugged Irene. Are you okay?
 

I am. Seulgi could hear that Irene was terrified. She felt the same way too when they were chasing the hunter in the wood.

 

This is bad. Seulgi turned to face Joy.

 

Yeah, well, tell me about it. What are we going to do with the body? Joy sighed.

 

Not that. Seulgi said. Did you notice that the group of hunters we are facing now could be everyone? Seolhyun is still a student, that means, whoever the leader isthey recruited anyonewho are willing to sacrifice themselves just to wipe our existence. She squatted down next to the body.

 

We need to find them before he makes innocent people kill themselves. Irene said, her voice sounded firm.

 

How exactly? Joy scoffed.

 

We dont know yet. But, well find a way. Said the alpha.

 

We always do.

 

---

 

Seulgi and Irene finally arrived in front of the school gate. As soon as they stepped in, they heard people were talking about what happened to Seolhyun. Seulgi glanced at Irene who was trembling, she reached for her hand and held it tight.

 

Its okay…” Seulgi assured.

 

Irene just gave her a small nod, but Seulgi could feel that Irene felt a lot of thingsso many mixed feelings.

They stopped by the locker, and Seulgi spotted Sehun with his friends; eyes were also on Seulgi and Irene. She then looked around and found her pack were watching her, Jennie gave her a nod and Seulgi replied.

Joohyun, Seulgi called when she noticed that Irene was doing nothing with her locker; the poor girl was just standing there, staring at the inside of the locker. She jumped a bit when Seulgi touched her shoulder.

 

Lets go. Seulgi quietly said.

 

They walked their way towards the pack, that day, Suho and Chanyeol were also there. They all had the same concerned look as they were also quite aware that Seolhyuns posters were everywhere. They were no heading to the school hall as the headmaster had asked them to gather together; remembering Kim Seolhyun. He finished his speech and Irene did not expect him to call Irene to the front. At first, she was latching onto Seulgis uniform, but after Seulgi said that it would be okay, she slowly walked to the front.

 

As the captain of cheerleader’s team, Irene swallowed a huge lump of tears down . Kim Seolhyun wasShe was one of our aces, she was a good kid and willing to do everything to help someone she cared about. Irene stopped as tears were rolling down her cheeks. Witnessing that, the headmaster patted Irenes back delicately and told her to go back to her seat.

 

Seulgi hugged her tightly.

 

Its not your fault, Joohyun. She killed herself. Just like the hunter in the wood…” She whispered. Its not your fault. You told me the same thing that night…”

 

---

 

Another bodies were dropped a few nights ago. Wendy said; pushing a newspaper to Seulgi.

 

Mass shooting at a foster house. All kids and supervisors are found dead. Soojung opened the newspaper, Madame Clark. And alpha werewolf. She took care of kids of werewolves who lost their parents. Basically, an orphanage for werewolf.

 

Seulgi rumpled the newspaper and threw it into the trashcan.

 

This is madness, she said. Not only that we knew that our hunter could be anyone, but theyre also willing to kill everyone, even kids.

 

They hate us that much. Jennie said. Of course, theyre willing to do so.

 

While they were talking and arguing with each other, Suhos eyes were nailed on Sehun and his group of friends. They sure did look like normal teenagers; but then again, Suho and the others were also trying to look like normal teenagers.

 

Suho. Jennie called. You good?

 

Huh? Yes, I am. He responded. Jennie gave him a light pat on the back. Nobody knew how badly he wanted to tell Jennie about his suspicion about Sehun, but since he did not have any proof just yet, he held himself back.

 

---

 

 

Who the hell is she? Jennie asked. Seulgi did not answer because she was just as confused.

 

They were on their routine; doing soccer practice. And suddenly, a new girl showed up as the coach introduced her to the team as Jeon Somi. The said new girl did not have any expression, at all. It almost appeared like she did not have a soulif anything, it looked like she was always mad. It made them wonder because it seemed like her stamina was more than a normal human would have. Wendy was also staring at the girl who was doing a full push up while the other team members passed out on the ground after their mad session of running.

 

The right question is maybe what the hell is she? Wendy said.

 

Seulgi had her both hands on the side of her waist. She overheard that the coach wanted to make Somi as captain. Thats not right. She thought. Somi was a transferred student and a freshman. Or maybe Seulgi was just jealous because she also targeting the captain position. But then again, she did not want to mess with anyone right now.

 

Is she a were-cheetah? Does that exist? Jennie said. How come she could beat all of us in running? And Im a were-jaguar.

 

Lets find out. Seulgi said as she followed the rest of the team to the changing room.

 

---

 

Hey, Somi! Jennie called, but as soon as she got close enough, she stopped; causing Seulgi and Wendy bumped onto her.

 

WowYoure taller than I thought. Jennie commented; absolutely intimidated by the freshman. She turned aroundwhispered to Seulgi and Wendy. Why do kids nowadays are so tall? What do they eat? A pole?

 

You know I can hear you, right? Somi said.

 

Aha! You have super-hearing! Jennie pointed her finger in front of Somis face. Somi slowly put Jennies finger down.

 

No, but Im literally standing right here, and you were whispering loudly.

 

Shes right. Seulgi said, earning a glare from Jennie. What?

 

So, Somi. Wendy started, How did you get this good? Did you wake up in the middle of the wood and suddenly can lift a car?

 

Seulgi face-palmed herself. Wendy did not do the helping at all.

 

What? What are you talking about? Ive loved soccer since I was a kid and since then I practiced. And I got transferred from Willsden High to Bexley. Somi explained.

 

Seulgi caught that Somis heartbeat. She frowned.

 

Kicked out. She said.

 

Excuse me? Seemed like Somi was offended by Seulgis words.

 

Seulgi looked at her in the eyes.

 

You were not transferred. You got kicked out, didnt you?

 

Somis nose was fuming. But then, she sighed.

 

Fine, yes. I got kicked out from school. The freshman said.

 

Why? Seulgi asked.

 

I punched my coach. But, it was just because he benched me the whole game! It was just because a stupid red card! Somi started to rise her voice; good thing that nobody was in the changing room anymore.

 

Red card? You got ared card? Jennies left eye twitched.

 

ThatsThats none of your business! Somi grabbed her bag and bumped her shoulder against Jennie as she glanced at Wendy and Seulgi. And yes,

 

I guess I am always this good. She said before she left the changing room.

 

Kid is sure angry. Jennie said.

 

Seulgi kept staring at the exit door even though Somi was already out of sight.

 

Damn right she is.

 

 

a/n: greetings! welcome SOMI!

 

I actually have a question, guys.

 

Should I kill off Suho? Yay/Nay???

 

Dont forget to leave comments, your opinions matter to me :>