thirty-nine

Alive

Seulgi woke up with a palm pressed against as it was preventing her to scream. Her vision was blurry and she couldnt make out whoever did that to her until she saw a pair of bright grey eyes.

 

ShhhIts me.

 

Irene slowly removed her hand slowly from Seulgis mouth; making herself more comfortable as she settled her body on top of the alpha and with a subtle smirk on her face before she showered Seulgi with a lot of kisses.

 

Joohyun? Seulgi gulped. How did you get in?

 

Im a kitsune. Irene chuckled.

 

AlsoYou let your window open.

 

Seulgi replied her with a simple oh. She cleared as she felt that she was trapped in a very awkward position with the most beautiful girlprobablyin town. And Irene seemed very unbothered by it; or she was just very good at hiding it, because Seulgi could hear Irenes heartbeat jumped as soon as their skin touched.

 

Why are you here? Why are you not sleeping? Seulgi the girls hair. It wasnt that she did not want to see Irene; she was just curious.

 

Well, I was thinking if I could pay my girlfriend a little visit. Irene honestly answered; tracing her fingers on Seulgis cheek bone.

 

The word girlfriend must had done something to Seulgis stomach as she felt butterflies in it. A lot of them.

 

On a school night? Seulgi chuckled.

 

Seulgi…” Irene shook her head. I live next door.

 

Seulgi grinned while she pulled the fox into a longing kiss.

 

But seriously, why? She asked again.

 

Irene sighed, she pressed her cheek against Seulgis chest and hugged the werewolf tightly.

 

I know that you have a lot in your mind right nowlikea lot. She started. And I want to be there for you, Seulgi. All the time.

 

But, you seem so occupied that even though I was standing there, right next to youyou seemed to forget about me. Your mind was completely occupied that I dont think Ive ever came across it.

 

Seulgi looked at Irene with a loving, and gentle stare that Irene felt like she could melt if Seulgi did not stop.

 

Im sorry, Hyun. She said.

 

I need your attention, too. Irene whined. And Seulgi thought that it was the cutest thing ever.

 

So, the fox needs attention. Seulgi chuckled.

 

Damn right I do. Irene said; burying her face on Seulgis crook of neck.

 

Seulgi wrapped her arms around Irenes petite body.

The other nightwhen I brought Somi in-

 

You meant when you kidnapped her? Irene cut her off.

 

Seulgi softly laughed. Yeah.

 

You said you have something to tell me. What is it?

 

Irenes breath stopped as she recalled her encounter with Sehun. She looked up and saw Seulgis face. That was when she answered,

 

Nothing you need to worry about. She smiled; hoping that Seulgi couldnt tell if she was lying. I just wanted to see you.

 

Seulgi stared at her for a few seconds, but to Irene, it felt like forever until the alpha said,

 

Okay.

 

Irene sighed in relief.

 

I didnt know youre this clingy. Seulgi teased.

 

Shut up, Kang Seulgi. Irene groaned, climbing her way up to make her face on the same level as Seulgi.

 

Just shut up and let me have you whole tonight.

 

---

 

When Seulgi woke up the next morning, Irene was gone. She noticed that the window was wide open then she smiled. She could hear her mother was calling her from downstairs; telling her to be ready otherwise she would be late for school. She looked at the time and rushed herself to the bathroom.

 

Her mother drove her to school today, it had been a quiet long time since the last time they went together in the morning. She bid goodbye to her mother as she dropped her in front of the gate. Ever since Seulgi knew that the hunters could be whoever from school, she hung her head low; feeling as if the whole school was looking at her

 

like she was a monster.

 

Seulgi sat down her chair when she got inside the class, it didnt take long until someone pulled the collar of her hoodie and gave her a quiet steamed kiss on the lipsin the morning, it made Seulgi fully awake.

 

Good morning. The kisser said.

 

Seulgi chuckled.

 

Good morning, Bae Joohyun.

 

They glanced at the door when Sehun entered the class with a slam on the door. He must had seen the kiss. Seulgi was not even sorry.

 

Yeri was complaining that Somi doesnt want to leave her side alone. Irene whispered.

 

Seulgi bit her lip.

 

That might be on me.

 

What did you do? The fox frowned.

 

I said to herthatas a pack we have to stick together.

 

Irene suddenly let out the most beautiful sounded laugh Seulgi had ever heard in her entire existence.

 

Even her laugh is attractiveHow is that even possible?

 

She thought.

 

Did Yeri tell you why she got pissed? Seulgi asked. Irene nodded immediately.

 

Wellshe didnt at first. But, I kind of caught her red handed when I heard her heartbeat; proving that she was indeed hiding something.

 

What is it? Seulgi frowned, because Yeri had never said anything about having a bad feeling against Somi.

 

Somi dragged her friend to tag along, apparently. Irene said. Her name is Kim Saeron, she was also a kid from their class and Yeri have been crushing on her since three months ago. Yeri felt awkward thats why she became grumpy.

 

Seulgi lifted her eyebrows and smirked.

 

I see.

 

Arent you guys being too close? Isnt it too early?

 

They turned their head to see Jisoo and Jennie; standing in front of the couple with the same awkward expression. Also, Wendy and Soojung were smiling creepily at the back. Seulgi and Irene quickly separated themselves with a blush on each of their faces.

 

---

 

Joy and Rosé were sitting at the cafeteria after school; eating nothing but french fries as they were watching Yeri being pissed because Somi was tailing on her like a lost puppy.

 

Should we tell her to not take Seulgis advice tooliterally? Rosé suggested.

 

Joy snorted, are you kidding? She laughed. Seeing Yeri gets real grumpy is the best part.

 

The seniors approached the table Joy and Rosé were sitting on.

 

Just right on time. Joy said while patting Seulgis back. Seems like your wolf cub is making our Yeri real grumpy since this morning.

 

Yeri literally threw her stuffs on the table.

 

Were going to sit here. No! Dont sit beside me! There are a lot of empty spot for Gods sake. Yeri said.

 

Dont be like that, Yeri. Seulgi chuckled teasingly to the girl. And whos this might be? She asked; referring to Somis friend.

Im Kim Saeron. The girl answered shyly. She was probably feeling nervous as well because she was surrounded by a lot of seniors. I-I think I left something in the class, Ill see you later, Somi!

 

Somi wasnt the one who looked upset when Saeron left.

 

What a cute kid. Isnt she cute, Yeri? Irene smirked; earning a glare from the younger girl.

 

Is this like a thing? Somi asked. Staying together?

 

Jisoo laughed. Not really. Maybe Seulgi needs to make her words more crystal next time.

 

Hows your self-control? Seulgi asked quietly.

 

As long as its not full moonIts okay. Somi smiled.

 

Good. Seulgi mimicked her smile.

 

Somi then looked at the pack one by one; analysing them.

 

Sorry, Im still getting used to all of your namesactually Im still getting used to this school. She lowered her head.

 

Its okay, little one. Youll get through everything. Well help you. Joy laughed. Somi mumbled a quite thanks.

 

So, you already know Seulgiobviously, Irene and I, you attacked me with a chair and punched Irene in the face. Joy said.

 

Soon enough everyone will get the chance to punch me in the face. Irene glared at Jisoo. The girl lifted her hands up.

 

You were possessed by an evil fox spirit! She said.

 

You broke my nose twice! It healed, broke again. Irene replied then she turned to Somi, hopefully you wont do the same thing, do you copy, young lady?

 

Somi was taken aback but she nodded anyway.

 

You sounded like a mom, Seulgi whispered.

 

She is. Since, Seulgi is her mom and Irene is partially married to Seul- Rosé stopped when she felt Irene’s death stare. Joy made me say it!

 

I did not! Joy said. Where was I- Oh right, and then Yeri, Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa; she is not attending this school. We’re werewolves-

 

Somi stopped Joy.

 

Are you saying that not all of you arewerewolves?

 

Joy shook her head.

 

There is Irene, she is a fox; careful though, she is a trickster. Wendy…” She took sometimes to continue just to stare at Wendys face. “…shes a vampire.

 

Vamp-! Somi covered . Vampire? She whispered.

 

Dont worry. Joy waved her hand. She loves cookies. She looked at the vampire lovingly; thinking that nobody would notice.

 

Well, Irene did. She shrieked, but then she realised that she also looked at Seulgi the same way.

 

“Jennie is a were-jaguar...basically. She is an aztec's goddess...I'm not sure, it's complicated. And here is Krystal, shes a bansheeShes our spiritual guru. Joy just earned a light smack on the back of her head by the said banshee.

 

Whats a banshee? Somi asked.

 

Soojung had a mischievous expression on her face as she said, I can predict death.

 

Somi just gave her a weird look.

 

And she has an ultrasonic scream, so stilldont mess with her.

 

Somi took a note not to.

 

There are actually two boys. Jennie said.

 

Wonder where they are, though.

 

---

 

Suho and Chanyeol disappeared after the. They noticed that Jennie had been calling them for a hundred times; there were chance she would strangle them as soon as she met them. They quietly walked; following none other than Kai himselfone of Sehuns friends.

 

This is just his normal route to home. Chanyeol whispered.

 

We didnt know for sure. Suho said while they hid in the alley.

 

As soon as they peeked, a knife was flying passed them.

 

Okay, thats convincing. Chanyeol said.

 

You tell me! Suho said as they both shifted into berserkers. Bones were poking out of their flesh as their armours, their skulls turned upside down as it became helmets; protecting their heads.

 

Seeing the bizarre creatures, Kai ran as fast as he couldhe was kind of expecting werewolves. He stopped when one of the berserkers showed up in front of him.

 

Tough luck! Chanyeol said as he landed a punch on Kais face. He slammed the guy against the brick wall. Suho stood beside him. Slowly, the skull armours opened up like a mouth; revealing their faces.

 

Mind sharing who youre working for? Suho said.

 

Never! Kai shouted.

 

Dude, seriously. You dont look like you have a choice. Chanyeol added.

 

We always have a choice. Kai quietly said, he took an orange bottle from his pocket and drank whatever was inside before he started to have seizure.

 

Whatthe hell? Chanyeol said, dropping the body immediately.

Kai was still having convulsions until finally he stopped when a silver liquid was coming out of his five sensesmixed with his blood.

 

Mercury…” Suho bent down. He looked at Chanyeol. Im probably right about one thing.

 

That Sehun is a hunter andwhoever he, and these dead hunters were working forthey really dont want us to find them.

 

Clearly…” Chanyeol said; staring at Kais dead body as he felt horrified.

 

---