eleven

Alive

“Come on, Seulgi!” Wendy tapped the werewolf’s shoulder who were slowing down during their track training. “Catch up.”

 

Seulgi felt weird that day; she did not feel as strong as she used to. Of course—when an alpha died, the beta would be effected. But, Seulgi was no quitter, she moved her legs and started to run, trying to catch up with the others.

 

Not fast enough.

 

Seulgi knew.

 

She suddenly sensed someone behind her, so she turned her head lightly to see who was running behind her, because she was so sure that all of her teammates were in front of her; jogging in one group. Seulgi almost slipped when she saw Jennie was running faster than anyone in the team toward her. She then slowed down to run with Seulgi; she had this smug small on her face—Seulgi could say it looked hot if her head did not full on suspicion for the latter. Jennie was running while settling her eyes on Seulgi, while the werewolf kept running; glancing at Jennie at times. Seulgi assumed Jennie was done making fun of her that she ran forward, leaving Seulgi at the back.

Once they reached the final lap, Seulgi was maintaining her breath while she could hear that her coach was introducing Jennie Kim as their new teammate. Seulgi—she was pissed—grabbing her water bottle roughly before going to the locker room after the others, she heard Wendy bid her goodbye. She bumped into Jennie on her way to the locker room, the were-jaguar didn’t say anything, with the same cocky smile, she flashed her green eyes at Seulgi and left; making the werewolf wondered what the nagual really wanted.

Seulgi was taking her bag from the locker, she sighed as she was physically and mentally tired that day. Suddenly, someone spun her around by her shoulder, she assumed that it was Jennie; looking for trouble again with her. But instead, she felt a pair of soft lips on hers.

 

This scent.

 

Joohyun.

 

It had been a week since what happened in Seulgi’s room; since then, well, they had been kissing a lot.

 

Seulgi wrapped her hands around Irene’s waist, while the shorter girl had her arms around Seulgi’s neck. Irene jumped, wrapping her legs around Seulgi’s waistline as Seulgi held her by her bare thighs—she assumed that Irene was still in her cheerleading costume. She assumed, because she had been closing her eyes the first time Irene landed her lips on hers. Tongue tied as they chapped each others’ lips.

Irene broke the kiss slowly, still giving the latter little pecks on the lips. She slowly opened her eyes to meet Seulgi’s brown orbs. She bit her lower lip, holding her smile as Seulgi also smiled as her.

 

“Hey,” Irene spoke softly.

 

“Hey,” Seulgi replied as she put the smaller girl down.

 

“I saw you today on the track. You look tired.” Irene said while Seulgi was closing her locker. The werewolf just gave her a smile and a gentle pat on the head.

 

“I’m alright, Irene.”

 

“Joohyun.” Irene said.

 

“Hm?” Seulgi hummed; confused by Irene saying her own name.

 

“I want you to call me, Joohyun.” She continued. “Like you used to.”

 

Seulgi chuckled, she walked slowly to the exit.

 

“Quick change your clothes. I’ll be waiting outside, Joohyun.”

 

As Seulgi was out of her sight, Irene couldn’t help but jumping excitedly before she realised that she had to change quickly. She didn’t want to keep Seulgi waiting.

 

---

 

Jennie was walking to her car; a boy was leaning against the hood—waiting for her.

 

“Your majesty,” the boy said.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes then chuckled, “can you not do that while we’re in public, Suho?”

 

The boy—Suho—chuckled while opening the car door for the girl.

 

“Why? Is that inappropriate? You created me.”

 

Jennie groaned as she entered the car.

 

Seulgi, used her werewolf ears as she had heard all. The look on her face changed.

 

Berserker.

 

She thought.

 

Suho is a Berserker.

 

“Seulgi?”

 

Seulgi jumped a bit; surprised by Irene who was all ready.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

The werewolf nodded. Irene must’ve felt Seulgi’s uneasiness. So, she taunted their fingers together. Seulgi stopped and looked at the girl who gave her the sudden skin-ship. Irene smiled, and Seulgi felt all of her problem disappeared.

 

---

 

Seulgi went to Boa’s house because Jisoo said she wanted to meet up there with the rest of the pack. She rushed as she heard Joy was cursing from the other side of the door. Once, she opened the door she saw Jisoo and Joy; both with their claws and fangs out, she found Yeri at the corner, crying while telling the other two to stop. Seulgi rushed in between them—in her werewolf mode—trying to stop whatever her friends were fighting about.

 

“Stay out of this, Seulgi. Someone will get hurt tonight and hopefully…it’s not you.” Joy said.

 

“What? No! Whatever you’re doing stop it right now!”

 

As she said that, she didn’t expect Jisoo to throw her to the side. Her back hit the wall as she collapsed on the ground. She was about to run in between them again, but Yeri stopped her. Yeri had this terrified look on her face. Her hand was gripping hard around Seulgi’s wrist.

 

“I know what they’re trying to do.” Yeri said.

 

“What?” Seulgi questioned.

 

Yeri looked at her. She stood up.

 

“The alpha is gone…” Yeri gulped. “So…they are now deciding to pick the new alpha…by killing each other.”

 

Hearing that, Seulgi pulled her hand from Yeri. Her yellow eyes were brighter than before as she growled; stopping the two werewolves who were about to rip each other apart. She heard Jisoo gasped; Joy was looking at her, still shocked. She looked at Yeri, she was also surprised.

 

“Seulgi, your eyes.” Jisoo said, then she glanced at Joy.

 

“I-We…saw it turn red for a few second.” Joy spoke.

 

Yeri stood beside Seulgi as she said, “you know who else have red eyes?”

 

They didn’t need to say it out loud. Because they knew…

 

That the alpha has the red glowing eyes.

 

---