thirty-seven

Alive

I came as soon as you called. Whats up? Joy rushed inside Seulgis bedroom and saw Irene was fidgeting on her fingers.

 

Seulgi told you not to freak out. Irene said.

 

Oh God…” Joy said. Did sheDid she bring the body here?

 

No, no! She is actually taking care of that now but…” Irene bit her lower lip.

 

What is it Irene? Joy was getting impatient.

 

Let me justLet me just show you. Irene walked inside Seulgis bathroom and Joy was following her.

 

Joy could see a silhouette through the thin shower curtain. She slowly reached her hand out to open it. She gasped when she saw Somi; completely tied up with a duct tapenot with a rope, but with duct tape that was also covering . Joy sighed and closed the curtain and Somi was screaming underneath the duct tape.

 

---

 

Joy and Irene settled themselves on Seulgis mattress, they were sitting awkwardly.

 

SoShe bit her? Joy asked.

 

Yup…” Irene said. None of them looked at each other. They could hear Somis voice from the bathroom.

 

And she kidnapped her…” This one sounded more like a statement.

 

Yup. Irene answered

 

Im not the babysitter typeif youd like to know. Joy stated.

 

Me neither. Irene said. I freaked out too when Seulgi brought her in covered in blood, okay?

 

And then Seulgi told me to call you because you always came up with the plan.

 

Joy rolled her eyes and sighed. She got up from the bed.

 

The disadvantage of being the smartest in the pack. She muttered while walking to the bathroom.

 

---

 

They ended up taping Somi against the chair. They could see that Somi was furious, from the look in her eyes. So, Joy decided to add one more layer of duct tape around her body. They were now standing in front of her.

 

Listen carefully, Joy spoke. We will remove the tape from you, but you have to promise us one thing. Do not scream. Can you promise that?

 

Somis eyes softened as she gently nodded. Joy removed the tape from Somis face; causing the girl to groan in pain.

 

Alright. In a few moments youll experience a lot of confusing things because of the confusing things that happened tonight. Joy explained. Do you understand?

 

Not really, Somi said.

 

Irene frowned and tilted her head, I dont either.

 

You…” Joy turned around and gave Irene her index finger and the fox shut almost immediately.

 

Who are you guys?! Somi raised her voice. What did you do to me?!

 

Joy and Irene looked at each other. Irene then slowly approached Somi.

 

Somi, what Seulgi did to you in order to save youIts going to change you.

 

Unless it killed you, Joy added.

 

Irene glared at her.

 

Not helping!

 

What? I was just telling her worst case scenario; you know? Kanima? When someones body rejected the bite of an alpha and then they turned into a lizard and then died? Joy said nonchalantly.

 

No! Irene looked at Joy and Somi, back and forth.

 

I-Im going to die? They both diverted the attention to Somi as they heard the poor girls voice cracked and slowly turned into a subtle sob.

 

I shouldnt have said that. Joy mumbled to herself.

 

Oh noHey, dont cry…” Irene delicately wiped the tears from Somis face and cut the tape off her body. Youre going to be alright. Youre not going to die.

 

Possibly. Joy mumbled, loud enough for Somi and Irene to hear.

 

Can younot? Irene groaned.

 

Okay, sorry, my bad.

 

Somi was fully untied, she used the back of her hand to stop the tears from rolling down her cheeks as she slowly got up from the chair. She had her head hung low.

 

Were sorry about that. Joy said.

 

Somi, you okay? Irene looked at the freshman with a concerned look.

 

Somi made a sudden move by knocking Joy down with the wooden chair that was once merged with her. Irenes eyes widened.

 

Somi, what the hell is your pro- Irene groaned as Somi gave her a punch on the nose as she stormed outside Seulgis bedroom.

 

I cant believe she tricked ustricked you! Arent you the trickster?! Joy got up.

 

Can you justshe ran away! Irene argued back. They both ran after Somi who was actually still in the hallway in front of Seulgis room.

 

Get her!

 

They threw themselves to the tall girl, and unfortunately, she did not have time to run as the three of them were rolling down the stairs.

 

I got her! Irene said.

 

I got her, too! Joy replied.

 

They spent a few minutes before they finally realised that Somi was nowhere among them and they were hugging each other’s’ legs. Irene looked away and found the front door was wide open.

 

So much for being the smartest in the pack. She said.

 

---

 

Seulgi was walking alone; she was crossing the basketball field to her class when she saw Somi with her friends. As soon as they made eye contact, Somi grabbed her back and ran as fast as she could. And Seulgi also saw her forearm was wrapped in bandagethat meant the bite was not healing. So, she ran to the same direction as the girl. She was relieved when she saw Joy and Irene was blocking the other end of Somis way out. She groaned when she saw Seulgi at the other end.

 

You freaks better get away from me. Somi calmly said.

 

But, instead of doing what the freshman said, the three of them walked closer towards her.

 

Let us help you. Seulgi said. Let me help you.

 

Somi did say anything.

 

Somi, Seulgi called. Were sisters now.

 

Both Joy and Irene had their palms on their faces.

 

Probably shouldnt have said that…” Irene whispered to Seulgi.

 

We just met, Somi finally spoke. And you bit me!

 

The bite...The bite is a gift. Seulgi said.

 

Oh God…” Joy sighed; Seulgi gave her a confused look, but she continued her words anyway.

 

Something is happening to you. She said. Something big.

 

Nothing is happening to me, Somi scoffed, she undid her bandage and showed her forearm to Seulgi. Nothing! She bumped her shoulders to both Joy and Irene as they were just staring at the girl.

 

It healed…” Seulgi mumbled.

 

Seulgi was speechless. Because, it seemed like she just got a beta of her very own. And, it was the last thing she wanted to do while they still had the hunters around. More supernatural creatures, more victims.

 

I am screwed. She thought.

 

---

 

a/n: ITS OFFICIAL: