forty-two

Alive

An hour into the party, Somi felt like she wanted to go home already. She was not a party person to begin with and she couldnt enjoy it knowing that the host of the party could kill them in any time. But, she noticed that the older kids were having quite fun as they had not encountered Sehun. The music was so loud, it hurt her ears as when was still learning to control her wolf senses. She felt a soft pat on her back and she was relieved when she knew that it was Seulgi.

 

You good? Seulgi asked; her gaze was full of affection.

 

Somi just replied with a nod. She then diverted her attention to the cups Seulgi was holding on each hands. She could smell the sweet scent of fruits in them.

 

Whats that? She asked.

 

Ah, Seulgi smiled. Fruit punch. Its non-alcohol. I was getting this for Jennie and Irene. But, if you want it, you can take this. She handed one of the cups to Somi.

 

But, instead of accepting it, Somi shook her head. She did not want to make Jennie or Irene to wait anyway, they were probably out of breath since she had seen them dancing so passionately. Somi threw herself onto the nearest couch; Chanyeol was also offering her the same drink but she told the berserker that she was alright, but the boy put the drink on her hand anyway. With a drink on her hand, she was observing the atmosphere; she expected nothing but a bunch of teenagers were completely drunk and some of them were making out; each other’s faces. She really did not understand why they even bother to come.

The other thing she did not understand was the fact that Sehun and his friends had been landing their eyes on her the moment she stepped into the house. She stared at the drink for a few seconds before she took a sip.

 

 

Not even ten minutes after, a scream was heard in the middle of the customised dance floor. Everyone was making their wayaway from the source. Irene finally could hold Seulgis hand and stood beside the pack; witnessing what had interrupted the party.

She did not know who that girl was; but, she was lying on the groundscreaming as blood came out from , nose, and eyes. Even her scream was louder than the music until she finally passed out and the other kids were freaking out as well. They started roaming around; running.

 

Wolfs-bane. She heard Seulgi mumbled then turned around to face her and the pack. Did you have it? She asked the kitsune. Did you drink it?!

 

Irene knew what Seulgi was saying.

 

No. She said.

 

Seulgi looked at the others.

 

Did you?

 

We didnt get a chance to drink it as we were too busy dancing. Jisoo explained.

 

Seulgi sighed in relief, it was until her ears twitched as she heard people were talking to each other.

 

I saw them brought another one to the basement. The voice said. I dont know what she is, though. But, I think she is a werewolf.

 

It hit Seulgi very hard. Among her pack,

 

there was no Somi.

 

Seulgi! Irene yelled as she couldnt feel Seulgis hand on hers anymore.

 

The light was suddenly shut off. It was so dark and they couldnt risk to be caught by the hunters by using their other eyes. So, just like everybody else, the pack could just stand therewaiting and hoping for Seulgi to come back.

 

 

 

Seulgi was following Somis scent as soon as she could get a sniff on them. She walked faster than usual; her heart was beating so fast as she kept chanting and praying for her beta to be okay. Seulgi was very prepared to attack as someone pulled her by the arm.

 

Its me!

 

Seulgi recognised that voice.

 

Somi?

 

Thank God! Somi hugged the alpha tightly; and as soon as they made contact, Seulgi could feel her fear. She hugged the younger girl back while trying to calm her and kept it quite.

 

Follow me, Seulgi said.

 

Somi did not move.

 

Where are we going? Lets just find the pack and leave. The beta said; whining.

 

I heard that they were taking someone to the basement. And my guts said that we can still save her.

 

Sometimes, Somi wanted to curse at Seulgi for being too caring to everyone. But, being a good kid that she is, she followed the alpha anyway.

 

 

Seulgi put a finger against her lips; signalling Somi to be more quite as they reached the basement. They could hear a faint laugh as they were getting closer. They both hid themselves behind a shelf and they saw Sehun with two other hunters were standing in front of a helpless girl.

What did you do to me? The girl was sobbing.

 

Somi couldnt hold her gasp as soon as she found out who that girl was.

 

Saeron? She mumbled. And Seulgi was just as stunned as her.

 

Please, just let me go. I dont want to hurt you, guys! Saeron pleaded. When Seulgi got more crystal look on her face; she was angry. Her face was full of bruises. It seemed like Sehun and the others were already beating her almost to her death; and the wolfs-bane inside her system was making it worst.

 

Hurt us? Sehun asked; making the others laughed. Were going to hurt you. Not the opposite! So, you can shut up now and let us kill you in peace. He spat at the poor girl.

 

Please! Saeron pleaded once more. You dont understa—“

 

She was shut off by a hard kick one the face; it was done by none other Sehun himself.

 

I said shut up!

 

It was quite for five minutes. Somi was about to rush and just slay the hunters as she couldnt watch her close friend getting tortured by some disgusting human beings; but, Seulgi held her. She was growling at the alpha when suddenly she heard that someone else was growling. And it sounded like something she had never heard before.

 

It was not a werewolf.

 

And it was coming from Saeron.

 

They both were just as shocked as the hunters when they saw Saerons body was on fire as she got up. Her face was monstrous. opened wide as if it was being cut and they could see a line of fangs inside it; ready to rip everyones flesh. Her eyes were also on fireliterally. And slowly, her size grew; five times taller than her actual size.

 

I was trying to warn you…” she said, but at the same time, it was not the Saeron they knew. Her voice sounded more like a growl. She smacked the huntersthree of them to the thick wall as they passed out.

 

“…you wont like it when Im angry.

 

She slowly shifted back to her human self and was about to fall onto the ground. Fortunately, Seulgi and Somi were fast enough to catch her. The girl was completely as her clothes was completely burnt off by the fire that came out of nowhere; her wounds were healing very slowly s she still had wolfs-bane inside her system. Somi grabbed a tiny white fabric to cover at least a few parts of her friends body as they carried them upstairs.

 

 

Seulgis pack made it outside the housethanks to Joys secret ability of pick lockingthey were sitting nearby when they finally saw both Seulgi and Somi.

Theyre safe! Irene could not hide her happiness as she was tearing up. The others sighed in relief.

 

Is that a dead bodytheyre carrying? Jisoo could not help but wonder.

 

I dont think so. Soojung said.

 

When they were getting closer, they finally could see who was the half- girl Seulgi and Somi were holding.

 

What happened to her? Wendy said.

 

Long story, Seulgi said. Yeri, if you could give us your jacke-

 

They heard a loud thud behind them; it freaked them out as they saw a girl; none other than Yeri herself was on the ground.

 

Wolfs-bane? Jenny asked as she looked so worried.

 

Joy walked closer to examine the fainting girl. She then chuckled, making everyone was asking if she was going crazy.
 

Nah, Joy said.

 

She is just ert.

 

 

 

a/n: DEDICATING THIS NEW CHAPTER FOR MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR: null_emotion !!!