one

Alive

Everyone in the cafeteria was staring at a decent-yet so peculiar- girl who was sitting alone, it appeared as if she was waiting for someone. She wore a huge pair of glasses, her chubby cheeks squeezed her eyes all up until it just looked like two lines.

 

“Kang Seulgi!”

 

 

Her face lit up as she heard her name was being called by someone that she had waited for hours.

 

“Joohyun!”

 

The other girl froze for a few seconds before she shook her head, “how many times do I have to tell you that you have to call me Irene at school?”

 

A light chuckle escaped from Seulgi’s lips.

 

“Yeah…But your real name is Bae Joohyun!” She said cheerfully, spelling the latter’s name very carefully. “I don’t really like Irene anyway. It sounds…a bit odd for me.”

 

She grabbed her backpack; standing beside the girl that is taller than her as she continued,

 

“Do you know that the teachers said that I can skip grade eleven?”

 

Joohyun widened her eyes.

 

“Really!?” She said; hugging the shorter girl.

 

“Yeah. So I can be in the same grade as you! Do you like the sound of it?”

 

Joohyun nodded, she was happy that her childhood friend who is in fact younger than her was going to transferred to the same grade as her in the future. She was about to hug Seulgi until a very familiar voice-at least to Joohyun- interrupted them.

 

A guy.

 

Towering both of the girls¾especially Seulgi.

 

Seulgi was terrified at his appearance at first. How could a high school student be that tall?

 

Then Seulgi almost laughed at herself because a sudden realisation hit her.

 

I’m just that small. She thought.

 

“Sehun!”

 

Joohyun ran to the said guy, hugging him without hesitation. Seulgi didn’t want to lie, it did break her heart a little.

 

He threw a quick glance at Seulgi who stood up there like a statue. It made Seulgi shiver, somehow. She could sense that this abnormally tall guy did not like her a single bit. But, Seulgi always stuck to her mother’s advice.

 

Be positive, don’t assume things you don’t know.

 

So, she just brushed it off.

 

After Joohyun introduced them to each other. They-Joohyun and Sehun- started talking about party, to celebrate that they would finally become seniors in about six months. Seulgi kept shut until Joohyun told Sehun that Seulgi was also going to become a senior.

 

Seulgi noticed a tint of annoyance on Sehun’s face.

 

“Really? Then you probably should come too, Seulgi.”

 

That is just not sincere.

 

Seulgi thought. She was about to turn down the offer but then Joohyun looked at her with those sparkly eyes.

 

Long short story, a yes came out from Seulgi’s mouth.

 

---

 

Seulgi didn’t really remember the exact moment when she sat in Joohyun’s car; looking like an emo teenager with her all black t-shirt with Captain America’s logo on it and a very decent-looking pair of jeans. She looked at herself then diverted it to Irene who was wearing-also with the colour black- very gorgeous dress, that Seulgi thought was a bit dirty because Joohyun was exposing a little bit too much skin. But, she would just keep it to herself.

 

“We’re here.” Irene said.

 

Seulgi stepped outside the car, cold air was attacking her skin immediately.

 

“The party is…in the woods?”

 

For Seulgi, it was stupid to ask an obvious question, But, in this case, she just had to.

 

Joohyun nodded excitedly, pulling Seulgi gently by her wrist; going deeper into the woods. She could hear noises. She sighed in relief as soon as she saw a bunch of kids from her school, standing around the bonfire. It changed in a blink of an eye when she saw most of them are chugging themselves with alcohol, and grinding their bodies together. Seulgi never liked parties and this situation just made it clear. She didn’t feel safe anymore the moment Joohyun let go of her wrist, welcoming Sehun’s lips on her cheek; his arm around her shoulder. Seulgi definitely hated parties.

 

---

 

The time Joohyun was also chugging a huge bottle of vodka into her system, Seulgi knew that she had to keep an eye on the said girl. She felt Sehun’s eyes on her a few times but she ignored it.

 

Seulgi hated it every time she did something and she didn’t even realise how and when did she get into a situation such as…standing on the edge of the cliff. And she had to get really close to the edge because of a stupid dare. She glances down and immediately shut her eyes.

 

.

 

She cussed repeatedly in her head.

 

“What’s wrong, fatty? Got no courage?” said one of Sehun’s friends; along with annoying laugh.

 

Fat shaming. Seulgi always hated that, she knew she did not have the best body, but Seulgi just couldn’t help it. She was just…born that way.

 

Seulgi had never been the fastest in her entire life, she always hoped that she was fast. Especially for that moment, when her feet slipped off the cliff, she wished she was fast that she could just step back into the safe-zone. She managed to grab something that turned out to be some twigs. But, she knew it wouldn’t hold her. She was yelling for help but no one was willing to help her. Everyone was just laughing at her, including the intoxicated Bae Joohyun. They were all laughing at her as if she was a joke.

 

It was the time when Seulgi decided that she had to let go of her hold. So she did.

 

And the last thing she remembered that night was Joohyun’s voice, calling her name…and a complete darkness.

 

---

 

Stop poking her face, Yeri!”

 

“I swear to God, Joy! I saw her fingers twitching!”

 

“You guys are so noisy! You could’ve woke her up!”

 

“Jisoo…That is actually what we want.”

 

“Oh right. My bad…

 

Seulgi’s eyebrows twitched as soon as she heard the very unfamiliar voices, she tried to sit up but she couldn’t. She let out a frustrated groan.

 

“She’s waking up!”

 

One of the voice said.

 

Seulgi opened her eyes almost immediately, her body started to lose control as she started to stand up; panicking. Hey vision was still blurry she couldn’t really see the people that were not holding her, preventing her from falling.

 

Weird. I thought I-

 

“-died. Yes, you were!”

 

Wait, what?

 

“I can read minds!” The smallest among the three exclaimed cheerfully.

 

"Don't lie to her, Yeri!" The taller one said. "Don't mind her, she can't read mind. We know what you're thinking because of the thing you wear on your head, that gives it a little wave that transfers whatever you're thinking to this little monitor right here and project it into words."

 

It took Seulgi a few seconds to process everything and started screaming in fear.

 

“Who are you guys?!”

 

“Whoa, dude, calm down…we are here to help you. That is Yeri, I’m Joy, and this is Jisoo.” The tallest said.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. We won’t do any harm.” The girl named Jisoo said.

 

Seulgi kept walking backwards, avoiding them as she was very confused.

 

“What happened to me?”

 

“You fell down from the cliff. It was pretty bad. But, we managed it! ” Jisoo said.

 

“Who are you guys?!”

 

“Werewolves!”

 

“Yeri! Oh my God.” Yelled Joy.

 

“We are…well…werewolves. But, the most important thing is that you were dead and we brought you back!” Jisoo said

 

What?

 

Seulgi turned her body as her back touched something which was a huge mirror. She stared at herself. Clean, no wounds, no scars, no nothing. And moreover,

 

“So…you guys…w-werewolves…gave me…abs…?” said Seulgi; still staring at her exposed abdomen and perfect proportion.

 

“Not us,” Joy chuckles. “The alpha did.”

 

“The…alpha?”

 

“Yes. The alpha. I am the alpha.”

 

Another voice came from the door beside Seulgi, revealing a petite woman with a very nice smile.

 

“I’m Boa. And Kang Seulgi, I think you need to take a deep breath and lay down.”

 

This isn’t happening.

 

----