thirty-six

Alive

Jennie and Wendy dragged Seulgi to an ice cream parlour right after practice as they thought Seulgi needed a little bit ice cream to chillno pun intended. But, the alpha was just making her chin one with the wooden table, leaving her mint ice cream untouched while Wendy and Jennie were already on their fifth cup.

 

Are you sure shes human? Wendy asked.

 

Who? Seulgi said.

 

Jeon Somi of course. Said Jennie while dunking her spoon into the ice cream.

 

I caught her scent, alright? Seulgi answered, finally taking a spoon of her half-melted ice cream. Besides, there is more important thing that we should be worried about.

 

Seulgi, you cant always carry everything on your shoulders. We are here to help you, too. Wendy said.

 

Seulgi was silenced, but then she smiled.

 

Thanks.

 

---

 

Sehun were standing at the backyards of Bogums house. He looked at his phone and saw a lot of missed calls from his parents. He then looked up; there were a lot of people that Bogum had recruited. Sehun recognised some of them. They made a way for Bogum to get through when he arrived with a smug smile on his face. He took Sehuns wrist and lifted it up.

 

To our here, who has a brave heart and take down an orphanage full of monsters. He said.

 

As the people were cheering for Sehun; the boy himself smirked. He loved the feeling of being the famous one. And he definitely would do anything to gain more of that feeling.

 

---

 

The next day, Sehun saw Irene at the same spot as the girl was taking a few things from her locker. He quietly approached the girl. When Irene turned her body around, he was greeted by Sehuns smiling face.

 

Hi, Irene.

 

Irene groaned.

 

I told you to stay away from me.

 

Irene ignored Sehun but the boy blocked her way.

Sehun, dont make me hurt you again, please. Irene pleaded. She really did not have time for whatever Sehun was planning to do.

 

Just give me five minutes.

 

Irene sighed, she let Sehun took her to the back of the school. Nobody really went there as there was a story around the school; telling that the place was haunted.

 

Okay, your five minutes start now. Irene said.

 

I know you feel bad about Seolhyun; you guys are pretty close after all. Sehun spoke.

 

Wrong. Seolhyun and Irene were not close at all. Seolhyun always hung out with Irene just because she wanted to be close to Sehun. But, Sehun did not need to know that, especially that now Seolhyun was no more. So, Irene just shrugged.

 

Your point?

 

Sehun smirked when he thought that he had gained Irenes attention.

 

You do know that the police said that Seolhyuns death was caused by Cyanide, right?

 

Irene nodded.

 

But, what they didnt tell to public was that they actually found a few deep scratches on her body. And the sheriff said that it was just an animal attack as they found her body in the wood, just to make his deputies less scared.

 

Irene gulped, but she kept her expression straight.

 

The thing is, I know that whatever hurt herthat was no animal.

 

Sehun reached his phone and showed Irene all of the information he could get about werewolves, vampires, and wendigos.

 

Join me, Irene. Sehun held both of Irenes hands. We can catch whatever hurt Seolhyun, we can avenge her.

 

It did not take a lot of time, until it finally hit Irene.

 

Oh my God…” Irene pulled her hands from Sehun and covered her gaping mouth. Y-You didnt know…”

 

Didnt know what? Sehun asked.

 

That I am that creature.

 

She thought.

 

But, instead of saying anything, Irene ran offleaving the boy alone and confused.

 

---

Seulgi was supposed to meet Soojung at their lair; tutoring Yeri for her next English test. But she had to call them off because apparently, she left her English book in her locker.

 

You lived in America for a long time, you can handle it until I arrived. Seulgi chuckled as she walked down the dark school hall.

 

---

 

At the same time,

 

Somis eyes jolted open. She felt her neck was hurting as she realised that she must had fell asleep in the library. She looked around, and it was dark. She muttered a curse word under her breath while she was packing her things up.

 

She heard a click from the door. And she gasped when someone appeared from the dark.

 

Oh, its you. Somi was relieved when she saw Jimina guy from her class.

 

I saw you on the field the other day. He said; and Somi knew that he was talking about soccer. How did you move that fast?

 

Somi was a bit flustered by the question, she chuckled.

 

A lot of practice, I guess.

 

Jimin was getting closer.

 

You guess? He said. I think we need to have a little chat.

 

Somi widened her eyes when Jimin took something that seemed to be a gun from his pocket.

 

---

 

Seulgi was about to leave the school when she heard gunshot coming from inside of the school. She ran back as fast as she could, she was sure that the sound was coming from the library. As soon as she reached the library, it was empty. But, Seulgi caught a quite familiar scent and she decided to follow the scent.

She ended up standing in front of the rooftop door, but Seulgi noticed that it was unlocked. When she opened the door, she saw a boy was pointing a gun to a girl who seemed terrified; and that girl was none other than Jeon Somi.

 

Stop! Jimin shouted when he saw Seulgi. Or Ill shoot her.

 

Seulgi slowly approached the boy.

 

Park Jimin, right? She said. Why are you doing this?

 

She could sense that Jimin was just as terrified as Somi, as if it was his first time getting a hold of a gunor any weapon.

Cant you see?! He spat. SheShe is a monster!

 

Seulgi stopped.

 

He is a hunter.

 

No, she is just a normal humanPlease, you have to trust me.

 

Jimins hand was trembling hard. He looked at Somi and then Seulgi.

 

H-How do you…” He stopped. Youre also one of them, arent you?! The gun was now pointed at Seulgis direction. He did not stop there; he lifted Somi from her back with his arm choking the girl from the back and also the gun on her head. He walked to the edge of the rooftop.

 

If shes just a human, Im taking her with me to hell! Jimin said.

 

No! Jimin, you dont want to do this! Justslowly step away from the edge, please.

 

As Seulgi was walking closer, he pointed the gun to Seulgi again.

 

If you take another step, Ill shoot you! You see? I have bullets full of wolfs-bane!

 

W-What is he talking about?! Somi finally spoke. Get off me, you freak!

 

Seulgi took the risk, she felt like she could save both of them and got the information about whoever had assembled the hunters from Jimin. Seulgi took a few steps closer, and she did not quiet expect that Jimin would actually jump; moreover, he took Somi with him. Fortunately, Seulgi was fast enough to save them. She grabbed both Somi and Jimin on each of her hands; her legs were not strong enough to hold her on the ground. Seulgis eyes were glowing red as she growled. She felt that she was slowly losing the grip on the two freshmen. She saw Somi kept glancing down, completely losing her mind. While Jimin looked very calm. He looked at Seulgi, and the look on his faceit was as if he had seen a monster.

 

Let go of me! He said, wiggling his hand off from Seulgi, but her grip was stronger.

 

Im trying to save you! Seulgi said, she had to be honest that she felt really nervous as her hands were getting sweaty and it made her grip loosened.

 

Jimin took a knife from his pocket.

 

W-What are you doing?! Seulgi said.

 

Hey, dont be crazy! Somi shouted.

 

Anything is better than die in your hand. He started to cut his arm off.

 

No! Seulgi shouted as Jimins body hit the ground; in his own pool of blood.

 

Seulgi felt like losing her energy because of what she just witnessed, she didnt notice that she was starting to lose her grip on Somis hand.

 

No! No!

 

Somis scream brought Seulgis back, and Seulgi caught her. Unfortunately, her hands were too slippery and she had to think fast. She finally did and caught Somi with .

 

...fangs, to be exact.

 

She bit her.

 

---

a/n: suho was supposed to be ded in this chapter uadfhkabh. but ye, ive decided not to kill him. he's precious to me too lmao.