thirty-four

Alive

Irene was leaving late from school that day, she had decided to catch up with Seulgi on the academic level, so she stayed to study in the library. She frowned as her hand was ruffling around her bag; looking for her phone.

 

I mustve left it in the library. She thought.

 

She gasped when a tall girl was standing right behind her.

 

Gosh! Seolhyun! You scared me! She chuckled.

 

It was Kim Seolhyun, her fellow cheerleader. The girl was smiling softly; holding something familiar on her hand. Irenes phone.

 

I believe this is yours. She said while handing the phone to the owner.

 

Irene hesitantly grabbed her own phone as she felt a strange aura around her teammate. The tall girl indeed looked like she was up to no good. Irene did realise that Seolhyun had never stayed at school until late as the girl was quite rebellious compared to the others, she did not really care about her academic record.

 

What are you doing at this hour? Irene decided to ask.

 

The latter walked closer. The closer she was the more Irene walked backwardsslowly.

 

Ive been watching you, Irene. She said.

 

And I saw you and Sehun the other day.

 

Oh, God.

 

Irene thought.

 

Seolhyun did lie her eyes on her ex-douchethat was what Seulgi called him. Like, huge crush on him. And what actually crossed her mind was that Seolhyun got mad because Irene hurt her long-time crush. Other things did not really cross her mind until Seolhyun pulled a knife from her blazer, and the kitsune was sure that there were more of those.

 

Hunter.

 

Irenes thought got interrupted when Seolhyun said,

 

I saw what youre capable of, Irene.

 

Irene noticed that Seolhyun had modified the said knife with wolfs-bane. She kept walking backwards, looking at the taller girl with pleading eyes; begging for her life to be spared. As Seolhyun was close enough, she punched the fox in the face, breaking Irenes nose.

 

I always hate that perfect face of yours. Seolhyun spat.

 

Irene lifted her face up, and Seolhyun kicked her down. Irene was determined as she was trying to get up. And Seolhyun saw it. The scratch she made on Irenes face was healing really fast, along with her nose.

 

Magnificent. She said. You dont deserve to have an ability like that. She ran the tip of the wolfs-bane knife on Irenes face; the latter groaned.

 

Lets see if you can heal this time! Seolhyun launched the knife she was holding to Irene.

 

Dont die…”

 

Irenes eyes widened as she heard a voice inside her head. A familiar voice. Her eyes slowly shifted into bright grey. She caught Seolhyuns forearm, she easily got up on her feet, crushing the bones that were once attached inside Seolhyuns forearm.

 

You and pretty boy shouldve known that its bad to touch someone without permission. Irene said, pushing Seolhyun on her knees.

 

Stay down. Said the kitsune. You really have no idea what Im capable of.

 

She let Seolhyun go as she picked her back from the ground, when she sensed something. She turned around and caught the knife that Seolhyun threw at her.

 

Yeah, I can do that, too. She smirked. Seolhyun eyed Irene in horror.

 

This time it was Irenes turn to chase Seolhyun as the girl walked backward, she almost tripped on her own feet a couple of time. And as Irene had expected, Seolhyun did save a lot of knives underneath her blazer as she was throwing it at Irene, leaving a few scratches on her.

 

Oh…” Irene laughed. You dont even have any idea what I am, do you?

 

Have you ever heard about kitsune? I assumed not. That means fox-spirit.

 

Seolhyun did not answeror even listenas she was aimlessly throwing the knife. And finally, one of those hit Irene, right in the heart. The kitsune groaned, she was down. Blood was spurted everywhere on the ground as Irene coughed; and she finally stopped. It was quite as Irene was no longer breathing, eyes were bloodshot open. Seolhyun was daring herself to walk towards Irene, kicking the girl to make sure that she was really dead. She sighed in relief, and turned her back around with a satisfied smile as she finally could run to the boy that she was foolishly in love with. What she did not expect was a hand around her neck, gripping it hard; making her afraid that it would crush her neck just like it did with her arm.

 

Wh-What? Seolhyun struggled.

 

I cant believe you bought it! You- Irene sighed. You really have to done your reading, Seol.

Never trust a fox. Irene whispered. Do you know why?

 

This time, Seolhyun did shake her head to answer.

 

Because, theyll fool you. Theyre trickster! She threw the taller girl to the ground and pulled the knife out from her flesh.

 

And you need more than just wolfs-bane to kill a kitsune! Irene threw the knife right next to the girls head. And most importantly.

 

Never engage alone! She slapped the latter and grabbed her collar. Now tell me, who are you working with?!

 

Seolhyun shook her head and reached for her pocket and put whatever she took into . And Irene knew exactly what that is.

 

Cyanide.

 

No!

 

Too late.

 

Seolhyuns mouth was foamy, blood came out from her eyes, nose, and mouth as Irene could hear that her heart stopped beating. She let go of her grip. Her eyes were no longer grey, she covered as she felt like crying.

 

---

 

Yes! Joy lazily opened the front door of her house. Apparently the visitor had no patience and her parents were out on a date.

 

She froze.

 

Irene was standing before her, cryingwith a body that looked heavier for her to carry but somehow she managed. Blood was all over her body, and Joy assumed it was not her.

 

I-Im sorry! I dont know where else to go! Irene cried. Joy quickly pulled her in.

 

What the hell happened?

 

She thought.

 

---

 

a/n: idk.i just feel the need to write this chapter.sorry lol. y’all might recognise this scene but with out queen, Boa.