two

Alive

“Wait, so you guys are telling me that…I am…a werewolf? You guys…are werewolves?” Nervous chuckle escaped from Seulgi’s mouth. She grabbed the back of her head, still could not believe what she got herself into. People called her a dreamer and she began to accept that, but when she started to accept the fact that whatever she imagined inside her head did not exist, it actually exists.

 


“Seulgi, calm down! We’re just going to run some tests on you. You need to sit down.” Jisoo said.

 

 

Seulgi looked around and the modern technology literally shook her. Jisoo held her arm and brought her back to the bed while Joy made her spit on a tiny tube for a DNA test, she said.

 

“You guys were joking, right?” Seulgi said, gaining the attention of the people inside the room.

 

“About what?” Yeri approached her.

 

“The werewolf thing!” Seulgi stood up, “they are not real!”

 

This time, Boa calmly walked to her direction, she held Seulgi’s shoulder as she would not stop shaking.

 

“Seulgi…” The woman said, Seulgi needed to peek down to look at her face. When she did, her eyes widened as she saw Boa’s eyes were glowing red. It somehow signalled her to remain calm; as if she knew that Boa is the alpha.

 

“You could’ve done that sooner, y’know?” Joy said sassily--leading the older woman to lightly chuckle. Seulgi could see the tiredness on her face, it made her feel guilty…a little. She still needed explanation.

 

Her thought popped when she heard a very familiar noise before she realised what that was.

 

Her phone.

 

When she was about to look for it, Jisoo handed the small device to her. It showed “Mom” on the screen.

 

“Go on.” Jisoo said.

 

Seulgi hesitantly took her slightly crooked phone; must’ve been because of the accident. She put her phone near her ear.

 

“Mo-“

 

Seulgi!”

 

Of course, her mother would yell at her. She sighed.

 

“Yes, it’s me.”

They told me you’ll wake up today.”

 

Seulgi furrowed, she looked at the people who were busy doing science-stuffs.

 

They…told you?”

 

Yeah. The doctor and her kids. I’m sure you’ve met them.”

 

Her mother sounded so happy. She sighed, in relief. But, when did her mother meet these people? And they addressed themselves as the doctor?

 

“Y-Yeah. Mom- Mom, I gotta go, okay? I’ll be home as soon as possible. Bye, love you!” Seulgi hung up her phone without waiting for her mother’s reply.

 

Boa glanced at her, a small smile appeared on her face.

 

“We’ve met a few times,” She said. “I meant your mother and I.” Boa put the folder she had been reading for the past few minutes on the table as she continued,

 

“She gave us foods.” She chuckled. “A very kind lady.”

 

An image of her hyperactive mother suddenly flew across her mind; she couldn’t help but shaking her head.

 

Boa bent her body, looking at Seulgi as if she studied her; maybe she was. That caused Seulgi to backed off a bit.

 

“Ready to go back to school?”

 

“What?!”

 

----

 

Seulgi stepped in front of the familiar gate that she actually did not really fond of. She bid her mother goodbye once she stepped out of the car.

 

Six months

 

Seulgi had been in coma for six months. She had taken some tests, days before so that she could catch up with her classmates. As she walked in, she could feel a few eyes on her, some were whispering to each other. Well, she was basically a girl who came back to life, that was understandable.

 

She felt someone clung on her arm out of nowhere and as she turned her head to see who that was, her eyes widened when she saw the girl who resembled a bunny--that was hugging her arm at that moment with a bright smile on her face.

 

“Glad to have you back, Seulgi.” She said.

 

Seulgi cleared .

 

“J-Jisoo,” she blinked a few times. “What are you-“

 

“Zip it, shorty. We’re happy to have you in that ugly uniform again.” Another familiar voice shocked her.

 

“Joy?!”

 

Joy wiggled her eyebrows, “you never noticed, didn’t you?”

 

“What?” Seulgi mumbled.

 

“We’re always here! In same school.” Jisoo whispered. “We know who you are.”

 

It should’ve crept Seulgi out but the smile on the girl face made it as if she was telling her a joke.

 

“Yeah,” Joy chuckled. “Except for Yeri though. She is still a junior.”

 

“Seulgi!”

 

A girl rushed to hug her. Her arms wrapped tightly around Seulgi’s body. She then cupped Seulgi’s face.

 

“You’re okay! Do you know how wor-“

 

Joy cut her off.

 

“Hey, hey! off. Give her some space.”

 

Seulgi stared at the girl.

 

Bae Irene

 

“And who are you supposed to be?” Irene gave Joy a cold glare.

 

“I’m Seulgi’s friend!” Joy stated.

 

A friend?” Irene replied as if whatever Joy just said disgusted her. “Well…I’m Seulgi’s best f-“

 

“I won’t say that if I were you.” Jisoo stood up, bringing her figure close to Irene’s. “Best friend would never ditch their best friends on a crappy party just for her date that happened to be a snob.”

 

As Seulgi heard Jisoo’s words; the memory of that night started playing on her mind. It made her feel anxious, the feeling when she saw Irene’s face that night. She abandoned her. Seulgi felt a twist inside her stomach. It made her feel sick; she felt extremely angry. The anger consumed her and she could not control it.

Thankfully, Joy noticed her. She nudged Jisoo who was still having a staring contest with Irene. She lightly squeezed Jisoo’s shoulder. And as if she understood what Joy meant, they rushed Seulgi to wherever.

 

“Seulgi…” Irene mumbled as she watched Seulgi was being dragged by the two strange people.

 

---

 

Her eyes were piercing gold; her fangs were visible; ready to rip someone’s flesh from the bones.

 

“It seems like this is her very first shifting!” Jisoo said, she sounded struggling.

 

“I didn’t know she would be this strong! Yeri was not like this!” Joy replied, she was having a hard time, just like Jisoo.

 

“Kang Seulgi! Get it together!” Jisoo yelled at the girl who was now drenched because of the pouring water from the shower.

 

Instead of giving in, Seulgi growled at Jisoo. She raised her claws, ready to attack Jisoo. Joy held both of Seulgi’s arms.

 

“Jisoo, you need to roar at her.”

 

“What?”

 

“Quick! We’re from the same pack, she’d listen to the other side of you.”

 

“Well,” Jisoo’s eyes turned as gold as Seulgi. “Why don’t you do it?”

 

It clearly did not scare the taller girl because she said,

 

“You’re older! Just do it!”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes before she held Seulgi who was trying to push Jisoo and Joy of her by her neck; choking her.

 

Jisoo took a deep breath and by that time a loud monstrous noise came out from deep within her.

 

Seulgi’s eyes slowly turned into the normal colour. She slid down the wall, the two girls’ grip on her started to loosen. And Joy just had to slap her.

 

“Ouch! What was that for?!” Seulgi said.

 

“Ah…” Joy looked at Jisoo with a smile on her face, giving her thumbs up. “Human!”

 

Seulgi sighed.

 

“Are you okay though?” Joy asked. Seulgi weakly nodded. She felt like her energy had been up out of her body.

 

“What happened?” Joy threw her another question.

 

Seulgi shook her head,

 

“I just- I felt very very angry and then I don’t know.”

 

Joy and Jisoo just stared at each other.

 

“Let’s get you a dry uniform.” Jisoo said, helping Seulgi to get up.

 

“Girl, you have a lot of practice to do.” Joy said, trailing two of the girls from behind.

 

----