forty

Alive

It was a night of the full-moon. Seulgi and Irene were sitting on top of Irenes car; staring at the bright moon. Irene also did take a few pictures of the sky as they could see visible aurora above their heads. Seulgi smiled.

“What are you smiling about? Irene said, leaning on Seulgis shoulder.

“Everything. The alpha said. Well, except the stuffs we have to deal on the huntersIm so thankful about everything.

“Especially you. Seulgi sealed their lips together.

“Senior year…” Irene said. Can you believe that?

Seulgi chuckled.

“I just want to graduateand go to nice university. She sighed. I dont know if Im capable of doing thatsince I cant focus because of the hunters thing.

Irene latched her arms around Seulgi’s.

“Are you kidding? Youre Kang freaking Seulgi! She stared into the alphas eyes. The most brilliant girl Ive ever met.

Seulgi did not respond as she was smiling. And then she said,

“Joy cannot hear about that.

They were then laughing by the image of Joy; arguing that she was the smartest in the pack—she actually is.

Seulgi looked at her watch.

“You think its been long enough? Irene asked.

“Yes!

They turned their head to Somi who was chained against a huge tree behind them.

“You sure about that? Seulgi asked, while walking towards the beta.

“Look, it was just a slip off. I am completely fine! Somi said while Seulgi was unlocking the chains.

“Fine?! Joy called us, completely panicked as the report from the sheriff station described that they saw a dog looking girl downtown! Irene said.

Yeah. Somi was actually found by the deputy who was in patrol before he freaked out and contacted the office. Thankfully, Joy had access to the police radio and she called Irene and let her borrow Joy’s clothes before they finally decided that Seulgi needed to know.

Seulgi lifted her eyebrows, suspiciously.

“Why were you ?

“It was really hot in my room! My air-conditioner is broken.Somi reasoned; she stretched herself as she felt really numb after being chained for almost four hours.

“You think you can pass the next full-moon? Seulgi asked.

“Yes. Somi answered.

“Complete and total control? Seulgi asked again, she wanted to make sure that Somi would be okay.

“Complete and total control. Somi smiled.

“Alright, Irene is waiting in the car. Seulgi chuckled.

As Seulgi was walking in front of her, Somi opened her hands and saw that the wounds from her own claws were healing, she glanced at Seulgi; making sure that the girl was not looking at her. She was talking to Joy the other night, and the girl gave her one advice.

Pain makes you human.

“Somi!

She jumped a bit and saw Irene waved her hand at her; telling her to get in the car.

Im in complete and total control.” She told herself.
 

 

“Not sure if I should be here. Somi said, the music that was blasting from the huge speakers were actually hurting her ears and made her feel dizzy. Im not legal yet.

“As long as you dont drink, I think youre cool. Irene said. So, dont drink!

Seulgi chuckled.

“Beside, this is Jennies house party. She told me to bring you over.

“For what? Somi asked.

“No idea. She just wanted to throw a party. Irene said. That girl is stupid rich. You will have no idea what she can do out of nowhere.

Somi nodded. She looked around and found a few jocks were grinding against some girls and boys, some of them passed out. Somi realised she wasn’t much of a party girl. She then spotted Sehun among them. She tucked on Seulgis hem of shirt.

“Why is he here? She asked as she recalled that Seulgi told her that it was Irenes ex and the pack did not have a good relationship with the boy.

Seulgi frowned, “I have no idea.

“Jennie sent the invitation through social media. Maybe he got the invitation.

Somi shrugged and kept tailing along Seulgi and Irene.

“You came! Jennie greeted them. Make yourself comfortable.

“What is this party for? Seulgi asked.

“Its for you! Jennie replied.

“For me? Seulgi asked back as she was fluttered and confused at the same time.

Yeah, for you to loosen up! Jennie said. Am I right, Irene?

Irene nodded.

“With Sehun invited? Somi asked, she did not like the idea of getting Sehun and Seulgi in the same space, and she did not know why. She guessed that her bond with Seulgi was indeed strong.

“Relax, little one! Jennie said. It was funny, really. When Jennie called her little while Somi was towering her. I actually dont know why he came, butits party!

Somi just nodded.

“Do you by any chance have something non-alcoholic for her? Irene asked.

But, instead of answering, Jennie laughed.

“What a mom! Let the kid have fun a little! Jennie patted Somis back. She was quiet sure that the girl was drunk. But, Seulgi did mention that they couldnt get intoxicated as their bodies were able to heal fast. So, whatever made Jennie act like that

Its a strong alcohol

She thought.

 

 

Somi excused herself to the restroom. She was washing her face when she heard Jennie’s bedroom door cracked open. She went outside the restroom and found two boys were standing in front of her with a smirk on their faces.

“Hey there, freshman. One of them said.

Somi tried so hard to ignore them by passing through, but the boys held her and pushed her forcefully against the wall. She growled and kept her head low as she felt that her anger was consuming her and she couldn’t hold herself any longer until she shifted. She lifted her face up, revealing her glowing eyes to the boys who seemed completely unbothered, as if they had seen it before. She ran towards them with full speed. She didnt expect them to stopped her easily and one of them was now lifting her up in the air just by her collar, she tried to attack them by throwing her claws but it was useless. She then saw Seulgi bragged into the room.

“Thats enough, Suho. Seulgi said. And the boy who lifted herSuhoput her down, still with a smile on his face.

“Youre right, Seulgi. He said. She is angry.

“You know them? Somi said, still trying to make herself human as easy as possible by the fact that she was struggling. She couldnt let Seulgi know about it.

“Suho, and Chanyeol. She said. Both boys waved at her.

“No hard feeling, freshman. The tall oneChanyeolsaid. We just wanted to test how angry you are.

“What are they? Somi said.

“Berserkers. Suho answered, instead of Seulgi.

Somi did read about them in the bestiary.

No wonder they are strong. She thought.

“Get back to Irene, Somi. Seulgi suddenly said, giving Somi a weak smile. Somi just nodded and obeyed the alpha.

As soon as Somi was out of sight, Seulgi sat down on the bed, covering her face with her palm.

“Some anger issue she got there. Chanyeol said.

“I know, and Im still working on mine. Seulgi said. Were likenuclear bombs who are waiting to explode.

“Hey, Suho touched her shoulder. It makes you stronger, itll make her stronger too.

“And dangerous. Seulgi added.

“Very. Suho said.

“Youre going to be good at this. Chanyeol chuckled.

“Thanks, guys. Seulgi laughed a bit.

Suho and Chanyeol looked at each other.

“Seulgi, there is something we were meaning to tell you. Suho started. 

“What is it? Seulgi frowned as she did not see a good look on both of the boys faces.

“We werent so sure about this, but…” Chanyeol gulped. We think that Sehun is one of the recruited hunters from out school.

Seulgi just stayed silence.

Its bad.

really bad.

 

 

a/n: omigod look, 40 chapters