twenty-nine

Alive

a/n: listen to this while you're reading: 

Ed Tullett - Terraform

 

----

 

“I will wait through eternity…”

 

“Come home to me…”

 

---

 

 

Joy blasted her eyes open, she covered it up with her hand as her mother was opening the blind of her window.

 

“Rise and shine, princess!” Her mother playfully said.

 

“Mom,” she whined. “It’s Sunday!”

 

Her mother patted the teenager’s head; giving her a quick pinch on the cheeks.

 

“Yes, but your friend is here, so quick! Get up.” she pecked her daughter’s forehead.

 

Joy took a bit of her time to wash her face and brushed her teeth. When she opened her bathroom door, she saw Wendy was sitting on her bed. This was the first time Wendy came to her house—or any of the others’ house— the girl looked so comfortable.

 

Déjà vu.

 

Joy thought.

 

She remembered that Wendy once told her that her family always had some kind of gathering every Sunday. Vampire stuffs; and Joy certainly didn’t want to know. But, here she was, sitting in Joy’s room on Sunday.

 

Wendy got up from the bed and walked towards Joy with a smile on her face—like she had not seen her for a very long time. Joy flinched when a familiar headache hit her head; definitely not in a condition to have some conversations with Wendy. So, she asked,

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be at home?”

 

Wendy did not answer; she was just keep looking at the taller girl—as if she wanted to say something. Joy shook her head as she chuckled, she opened her closet to hang her clothes.

 

“You’re being weird, dwarf.” She said.

 

Joy turned around to see Wendy.

 

But, the vampire was gone. And she saw the window was opened. Joy scoffed.

 

“Definitely a weirdo.”

 

---

 

Irene stretched her body; was bigger than usual as she yawned.

 

“Morning.”

 

She chocked when she heard the familiar voice. Her face was burning red because she was sure that Seulgi just witnessed something she shouldn’t.

 

“Seulgi!” She yelled. “W-What are you doing in my room?”

 

Seulgi sipped her cup of tea—Irene could smell that it was camomile. She didn’t take her eyes of Irene while she was doing that.

And as she put away the cup, she said,

 

“This is my room though.” Seulgi sat on the bed. “You fell asleep in my room last night.”

 

Right.

 

Irene asked Seulgi to help her with calculus. Lies; she just wanted to see Seulgi. But, she didn’t expect that Seulgi would actually feed her with a lot of something she did not really care. Irene did not remember anything after that—supposedly she fell asleep.

Irene gasped as her thought was interrupted by a pair of lips on hers.

 

Seulgi just gave her a peck on the lips.

 

“You look cute when you don’t hold your yawn.” The younger whispered.

 

“Y-You weren’t supposed to see that.” Irene chuckled nervously. She also cursed herself for stuttering.

 

She couldn’t remember when did Seulgi start to be this charming; whenever she looked at the taller girl, her heart beat as if it wanted to jump out of her rib cage; her legs felt like jelly, and once in a while…she could lose her ability of speaking. Especially at this moment, when Seulgi slowly leaned in, driving her back to hit the soft mattress again with Seulgi’s lips attached to hers.

Unfortunately, they had to break the kiss. And Irene felt like she wanted to throw her phone for interrupting—no, scratch that. Irene wanted to slam Sehun’s head against the nearest wall as soon as she saw the caller ID. She muted her phone.

 

“Why didn’t you pick up?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Why should I?” Irene replied with another question. Seulgi could sense that the kitsune’s mood had dropped from the cold tone she threw.

 

“Are you okay?” Seulgi chuckled, her eyes didn’t leave Irene’s face.

 

“Yeah. Why do you ask?”

 

Seulgi glanced at Irene’s hand.

 

“You broke your phone.”

 

Irene’s eyes widened—Seulgi thought it was really adorable because the girl looked like a bunny—. She had crushed her phone with her bare hand. On the same time, Seulgi swore to herself that she would never make Irene mad. Seeing the adorable pout across Irene’s lips, she couldn’t have but attacking the smaller girl with a lot of kisses. Irene yelped, she demanded Seulgi to stop. But, Seulgi didn’t care.

 

She definitely didn’t care being crushed like Irene’s phone.

 

To her…It would be worth it.

 

---

 

“It’s weird that you called me for a jog.” Jennie said, glancing at the girl in ponytail who was running beside her. She had to resist herself from staring because the girl looked so hot with sweat dripping down her skin, not to mention that the girl wear nothing but a tight short and a black tank top, hugging her curve just right.

 

“I don’t have a choice.” The girl stopped, making Jennie did the same.

 

Jennie faked a cry.

 

“Aww, Jisoo. I’m hurt!”

 

Jisoo laughed.

 

“Don’t do that! You’re weird!”

 

“Said the one who was trying to balance a water bottle on her head and shoulders all the time.” Jennie shrugged, earning a light punch on her arm.

 

“It’s art!” Jisoo said.

 

Jennie did not reply. Instead, she chuckled. Seeing Jisoo’s smile was the best thing that happened to her in that morning.

 

She was just hoping, that the werewolf did not catch her heart that was beating rapidly.

 

---

 

Wendy fell on her . She was trying to get up when a sword was positioned below her chin; she looked up at her opponent.

“I won.” her opponent said. “Again.” She smiled as she helped Wendy to get up.

“Have it ever crossed your mind that I was just letting you win, Sooyoung?” asked Wendy, playfully.

Sooyoung placed her sword back to its place and took her gloves off.

“Not at all.” She chuckled and walked closer towards Wendy. “Being confident is a must.”

“Right…” Wendy said sarcastically.

Sooyoung did not give the vampire another word; the queen gently pulled the vampire into a kiss.

The only thing that could make Wendy felt warm and alive.

“Cheer up, girlfriend.” Sooyoung patted Wendy’s cheeks gently. “Don’t hold grudge against me.” She stuck her tongue out.

Wendy whined.

“I’ll cut that tongue!”

Sooyoung laughed and left Wendy in the training hall of the palace as she shouted.

“You won’t! Because you love what this tongue can do!”

Sooyoung smiled because she could hear Wendy’s whine across the hallway.

 

+++

 

“I will wait through eternity…” Wendy said, she started to coughed out something that appeared to be a strange black blood.

“Come home to me…”

 

+++

 

“What is Elamasta?”

“That means...For Life.”

---

Joy!”

Joy fell back from her chair, leaving Lisa—who had been shouting her name for like ten minutes—in confusion.

“You okay?” Lisa asked while supporting Joy to get back on her legs.

“I…” Joy gulped. “What happened?”

“You were totally losing yourself back there.” Lisa explained. “You were spacing out for a quite long time.

“Are you alright?”

“I think…” Joy cleared and grabbed her jacket, she rushed out of the lair. “I have to go.”

Lisa did not ask anything more, because she knew, whatever it was…must be very important.

---

Joy had arrived.

She knocked on the wooden door repeatedly, she did not plan to stop until someone opened the door. When she was about to strike for another knock, the door swung open; revealing Wendy who looked extremely adorable in her blue onesie; the vampire looked outside as she spotted that it was extremely late, the moon was really high. And then she looked at Joy who looked like she had run for miles—she actually did.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at home?” Wendy asked. Joy flinched; her question this morning was thrown back at her.

I am home.” Joy replied; she then did something that Wendy did not expect. Joy cupped her face and pulled her into a very passionate kiss.

Wendy felt like she could actually cry. She remembered everything, from the first time they kissed. Wendy was human with Joy. She locked her arms around the taller girl’s neck and moved her lips the same way Joy did. They broke the kiss and Joy delicately rested her forehead on Wendy’s.

“It’s about time…” Wendy jokingly said.

Joy chuckled.

It is, indeed.”

They broke their contact immediately when they heard Wendy’s father deep cough.

“Isn’t it late, girls?” He said with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Oh! Thank you so much, Dad!” Wendy sarcastically said as she was a bit pissed that her father had to break the moment.

Wendy’s father lowered his head a bit.

Your Majesty.”

Joy laughed.

“Nice to see you, too, Eoghan. But, I’m just a normal teenager now.” She said. “No crown…No fancy robe.”

“And I’m just a normal father. So, I think you should go home before I call your parents?” Eoghan replied with a hint playfulness on his voice.

Joy did not say anything, she immediately sprinted away from the vampire’s house when she the image of her mother’s raging face appeared inside her mind.

Wendy pouted and glared at her father before she entered her room, making the older vampire shook his head.

Teenagers.”

---