twenty-four

Alive

After explaining to Irene’s mother that her daughter was sleeping in Seulgi’s house for a couple days, Irene pulled the taller girl to her room upstairs before slamming Seulgi against the door and gave her an unexpected, and passionate kiss on the lips.

 

“Thank you, for saving my life…twice.” Irene mumbled.

 

“Twice?” Seulgi chuckled.

 

Irene lifted up her head, her eyes were searching for Seulgi’s calm ones as she smiled when she found her favourite pair of eyes. She placed her thumb on Seulgi’s lips—caressing it delicately.

 

“You were the one in the woods, weren’t you?” Irene said.

 

Seulgi smiled, and she pulled Irene into another kiss; and dropping their bodies on the soft mattress, whilst giving softest smile to each other.

 

“I like you a lot, you know?” Irene suddenly blurted out. It took Seulgi by surprise at first, but then she pulled Irene into her warm embrace without even saying anything. She had a very strong feeling for Irene—she just did not know if she was right to say it to Irene.

 

“Seulgi?” Irene’s velvety voice broke Seulgi’s thought. Seulgi gave her a soft hum; her fingers were tracing Irene’s flawless face.

 

“Thank you. For everything.” Irene finished. The girl buried her face in Seulgi’s arms; feeling the warmth of the wolf girl.

 

---

 

They had returned the stolen goods to each of the owners. Everything was almost normal, but Seulgi did not know why she felt so angry. Was it the effect of becoming an alpha? Or was it because she saw Irene was all over Sehun as if nothing happened between both of them the other day. Joy said the latter.

 

Definitely the latter.

 

They did make eye contact for a few second, Irene might realise how angry Seulgi looked; maybe that was the reason why Irene was walking towards Seulgi right now. . Seulgi quickly opened her locker and hid herself on the other side of her locker, pretending to be busy with her stuffs by the fact that she was actually cursing under her breath when she saw Irene was standing beside her.

 

“Hi, Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi cleared .

 

“Hi.”

 

Irene did not get a chance to reply because Sehun suddenly appeared behind her.

 

“Well, well. If this isn’t the girl who came back to life.” Sehun said, mockingly.

 

Irene could see the look on Seulgi’s face had change, so she told Sehun to leave her alone by hugging him. His arm was placed on Irene’s waist; it made Seulgi sick. She felt like in a second she could lose her control. She arranged the books inside her locker, but Sehun just had to poke her right on the soul by inserting his filthy hand inside Seulgi’s locker, destroying the once-very-neat locker.

 

“Seulgi, hey! I’ve been looking for you!”

 

They were all turning their head to the owner of that voice. Sehun probably should have had thanked Suho, because if it wasn’t because of him—Seulgi might tear him into tiny pieces. Jennie rushed and followed Suho. She d Seulgi’s arm and dragged her without saying anything to the couple. They brought Seulgi to the abandoned side of the school building, Jennie threw Seulgi—who was now had a pair of glowing red eyes—against the wall. Those eyes were piercing into both Suho and Jennie; the two of them looked at each other before attacking Seulgi, pinning the alpha against the wall as they restrained her to attack them—or anyone else.

 

“Did I ever mention that she has anger issue?” Jennie said while struggling on holding Seulgi’s body. She did not know that the petite girl was that strong.

 

“You really should have!” Suho replied, he was having a hard time just like Jennie.

 

Seulgi growled. Her eyes were glowing brighter than before. Jennie had to put her elbow on Seulgi’s neck.

 

“She’s an alpha.” Suho stated the obvious. “And you are too.” He said to Jennie.

 

“What are you implying?” Jennie asked, she was not in the mood for a chit-chat.

 

“I think you should roar.” Suho suggested.

 

“At her?” Jennie blinked.

 

“Yes! Quick! Otherwise we’re going to die here. She’s too strong.”

 

Jennie tightened her hold on Seulgi’s neck, her eyes were glowing green. She took a deep breath as she released a loud roar; calling a part of Seulgi’s humanity inside her. Jennie should have had not done that because apparently Seulgi roared back at her, louder than ever. It was too late to call Seulgi’s pack now. She had to do it herself.

 

“Seulgi!”

 

So, she tried again. She roared. Slowly, Seulgi stopped fighting them. Her eyes were turning into its normal colour. They released their hold on Seulgi as the werewolf slid down the floor. Jennie offered her hand to Seulgi; the latter took it and she pulled her up.

 

“That was unexpected.” Jennie said. “What happened?”

 

Seulgi’s jaw clenched.

 

“I don’t know.” She said. “I lost control.”

 

---

 

Seulgi was quite for the rest of the day, she was only talking to Wendy while they were on track practice. Hence why, it caught the vampire’s attention.

 

“What happened?” the pale girl asked.

 

“What?” Seulgi wiped after she chugged the whole bottle of water.

 

“Yeri said she could smell your anger from across the field.”

 

Seulgi looked at Wendy’s face for a few seconds before she smiled.

 

“I’m alright.”

 

Wendy scoffed.

 

“I didn’t know we have a different definition of the word alright.” Seulgi did not answer. “I heard from Jennie that you lost control at lunch time.”

 

Seulgi’s eyes met Irene’s. It looked like the cheerleader had been staring at her for a quite long time. So, she got up and went to the changing room, leaving Wendy in much confusion.

 

---

 

Finished changing, Seulgi spared her time to watch Joy and Yeri who were both in basketball club. And as expected, they were doing great. She silently growled when she caught a ball that was clearly aimed at her—fortunately, she had a werewolf’s sense.

 

“Oops. I did not see you there.”

 

Of course.

 

It was Sehun.

 

Seulgi was trying so hard to not lose control, so she threw the ball back at Sehun.

 

“What is your problem?” She calmly asked.

 

Sehun walked closer to her, they got really close and Sehun whispered.

 

“How about…you stop screwing my girlfriend?” He said, trying to threaten Seulgi. But, the alpha did not flinch.

 

“Leave her alone, Sehun.”

 

Chanyeol—who was also in basketball team—came in between them. He gently pushed Sehun who still had a smirk on his face; he walked backward and mouthed.

 

I got my eye on you.”

 

“Let me guess,” Seulgi started. “Jennie had told all her berserker army to keep on watching me.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“That, and your pack.” He said then spared a glance on Sehun who was now having his hands all over Irene. He noticed that Seulgi did too.

 

“Don’t worry about him.” He spoke. “He’s just a moron who thinks he owned the school.”

 

Seulgi diverted her eyes to Chanyeol.

 

He’s smiling so much.

 

Chanyeol lightly patted her back.

 

“Don’t be so hard on yourself. We’re all worried.” He chuckled.

 

“And I bet Irene is worried, too.”

 

And just like that he went back to practice.

 

---