thirty

Alive

A/N: TRUST ME, IT'LL FEEL BETTER IF YOU LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING (i hope so, dont sue me TT)

---

Seulgi and Jennie were isolating themselves from the rest of team soccer as the werewolf was asking Jennie to give her some tips to play soccer. And it had not been ten minutes and Seulgi was already mastering a few of them. She was glad that she was a fast-learner.

“Ha! See? You got this!” Jennie said. She looked at Seulgi’s smiling face and suddenly she recalled something.

“Seulgi, there is something I need to tell you.” The jaguar started. “a few days ago, Suho found a young werewolf’s body. He said it was the hunters.”

Seulgi frowned, “continue.”

“It’s safe to say that the hunters have no mercy and would kill even children.” Said Jennie.

Seulgi kicked the ball to the centre of the field.

“Nice, Kang!” said the coach. But, Seulgi didn’t pay attention to that as her mind was focused on the information she received.

“Why didn’t you tell me right away?” Seulgi asked.

“So, you can do what exactly?” Jennie replied. It was enough to make the alpha quite and ran to approach the team.

The coach briefed them with a few strategies for their upcoming match, and as she finished, she asked,

“Did anyone see Miss Son?”

Jennie and Seulgi looked at each other.

Coach was right, they hadn’t seen Wendy since

 

 

Moans were echoing the girl’s locker room; though she was trying to hold it in, the pair of lips that were dancing on the skin of her neck did no help at all.

“J-Joy, wait.” Wendy whimpered.

“What? Why?” Joy lifted her face for a few seconds before attacking the vampire’s jawline with her lips.

“What if someone comes in?” This time, the vampire was forcing the werewolf to look at her in the eyes, but instead of being serious, Joy smirked.

“We run.” She answered. Wendy gently punch Joy’s chest.

“I thought you said you have basketball training today.” She said.

“And I thought you have soccer practice.” Joy kissed the latter’s lips passionately. And unfortunately, they had to break the contact when they heard something was hitting the floor. Both of them gasped and spun their heads to the source.

Irene was standing there, with her eyes and mouth open just as wide. Her bag was lying on the floor. She was about to say something, but immediately closed .

“You know what?” She said. “I don’t even want to know.” The kitsune was throwing her bag into her locker as she grabbed her cheerleader uniform and ran as fast as she could.

Wendy and Joy looked at each other, and at the same time they said,

.”

 

 

Soojung and Jisoo were sitting in the cafeteria. Suddenly, Yeri slammed her backpack on the table; scaring both the werewolf and the banshee.

“You okay?” Jisoo asked because Yeri looked like she was ready to eat a person.

“I am totally fine! Can you see I’m smiling?” Yeri said.

“Was that a sarcasm?” Jisoo whispered to Soojung.

“Definitely a sarcasm.” The taller girl answered. “I thought you have basketball practice today.”

“Yeah, but, my parents just called and said that I have to come to a stupid party with them.” The youngest said while she was untying her long, brunette hair.

“Now that you mentioned them…” Jisoo said. “You’ve never really introduce your parents to us.”

Yeri scoffed, “it’s better that way.”

Jisoo just mumbled an “okay” and went back to reading her book. On the other hand, Soojung was staring at the petite girl; she just couldn’t believe that Yeri was carrying a lot of burden on her shoulders with that small body…she felt sorry for her. When the first time Soojung visited Yeri’s house, she assumed that the girl was just like the other rich kids who could get whatever they want. But, she just realised that the girl who was sitting in front of her never once showed a genuine smile. Every smile she showed her and the others—there was always a hint of sadness underneath.

“Did they know that you’re…different?” Soojung carefully asked.

“No,” Yeri said. “They can’t…know.”

That was all Yeri needed to say to make Soojung wanted to help the poor girl.

 

Rosé was sitting alone at the very back of the library, she pouted that there was so much she needed to catch up in her new school. Being a new kid is hard. She thought. It had not been a month since the first day Seulgi and the others were helping her to enrol in their school and she was already facing about ten quizzes in her first two weeks. Her ears twitched, she lifted her head from the book. She was so sure she heard something; Rosé was feeling unsafe lately, and knowing that there were hunters around did not make her feel any better. She felt like someone was watching her every move. Rosé grabbed the book and immediately threw it to her said stalker who was standing right behind her. But, she didn’t expect the stalker to catch the book.

“Whoa! Hey! It’s me!” The stalker said.

“Lisa? Are you kidding me?” Rosé said—half whispering. “You don’t go to this school…Or any school.” She mumbled the last part.

Lisa walked towards her.

“I want to see you,” she gently said. “Beside…the librarian didn’t seem to care when I came in.

“I’ve been very lonely whenever you go to school.”

“Then why did you turn down Seulgi’s offer to blend in?!” Rosé was hitting Lisa repeatedly with the book. But, the latter didn’t flinch—instead, she was chuckling.

“You know I hate school.” She said. “I can’t fit in anyway.”

“You are not even trying.” Rosé scoffed. “If I can, so can you.”

Lisa didn’t answer, she was just staring at the girl before she quietly said,

“Come here.” As she pulled Rosé to their shared kiss.

“I made friends, not only from the pack but the others as well. People here are nice, Lisa.” Rosé said. The latter just hummed and ruffled Rosé’s hair.

“I’ll wait at home…”

And then she was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Hey, what’s up? You look off.” Seulgi turned her head to see the petite girl who had been very quite on their long night walk.

“Hyun?”

With the special name Seulgi gave her, the girl turned her head to see the younger girl.

“I’m alright,” she tightly wrapped the jacket she was wearing around her body. “Just cold.”

Seulgi could sense something was off, but she said.

“Okay…” She then stepped in front of Irene. “So, what did you call me for?”

Irene bit down her lower lip.

“I’ve ended things with Sehun.”

Seulgi wanted to smile, but when she saw Irene’s face she got confused.

“Is that why you look troubled?”

Irene quickly shook her head; she did not want Seulgi to misunderstand. She was so happy that she finally could be with the person she really liked—Sehun was pissed though, he was yelling at Irene, but Irene was not a weak girl anymore as everyone had said to her that she was badass, sword master kitsune. She pulled Seulgi’s hand,

“Come on, I want to show you something.” The kitsune excitedly said as they were running.

Seulgi noticed that they were just running straight, no exact destination. And she also noticed that Irene was going faster every times—she was lucky she could keep up. And suddenly, something unexpected happened. She widened her eyes when she saw Irene’s feet was off the ground—higher and higher every seconds.

“Whoa! Okay!” Seulgi looked down as they were both off the ground. “Not exactly how I imagined our first date would be!”

Irene laughed, “hang on tight!”

Seulgi kept shutting and opening her eyes. She looked down and the only thing she could see was the lights from the houses and buildings of Bexley.

Mom, I’m going to die.

She thought.

She was looking at Irene—her vision might be blurry as she felt her stomach was turning—but, she could see clearly that Irene had the brightest smile.

“I thought you are afraid of height!” Seulgi shouted as the wind was blocking every sound.

“I thought so, too!” Irene said, she went up faster than before, her hand was loosened around Seulgi.

“Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing?” Seulgi panicked as she felt Irene was intentionally loosened the grip.

“Relax, I’m going to catch you!” Irene replied.

Seulgi did not know why she agreed—probably because of Irene’s bright and beautiful smile. She was sure she was going to die until she felt arms wrapped around her body.

“I told you I’ll catch you.” Irene winked at her and at that second Seulgi wanted to die already.

They finally touched the ground, and Seulgi immediately jumped from Irene’s arms; her face was red—maybe because she felt light headed, or because Irene made her heart beat so fast. But, mainly because she was shy that Irene was carrying her that way.

She cleared .

“So…you can fly.” Seulgi stated.

“People called it flying…I’d call it riding the wind.” Irene said, she pecked the latter’s lips.

“Oh…that’s- that’s cool.” Seulgi said.

And then there was a few seconds of silence in between them, a comfortable one. But, Seulgi just had to say,

“Take me somewhere I want to puke.”

“Okay.” Irene gasped and supporting Seulgi with her arms.

---