fourteen

Alive

Irene jumped awake from her bed; her breath was rapid and she was sweating bullet. She saw Seulgi sat on the chair in the corner of her room, looking at her with concern in her eyes.

 

“Where is it?” Irene asked.

 

As soon as she heard Irene’s question, Seulgi frowned. She walked to the side of Irene’s bed and held the older girl’s hand.

 

“Seulgi, where is the sword?” Irene threw the question once again. She could tell that Seulgi looked confused.

 

What sword?”

 

Irene’s heart dropped. She couldn’t tell if Seulgi was a really good actress or she was genuinely confused. Seulgi gently tightened her grip around Irene’s hand as she saw that the latter was on the edge of crying. Irene started shouting at Seulgi.

 

“What do you mean?! You were there!”

 

And she definitely didn’t expect what Seulgi was about to say.

 

“Irene,” Seulgi sighed. “We opened an empty tile in your basement and all of sudden you passed out.”

 

---

 

Joy was shooting Rosé’s eyes with the flashlight she had; running some test on the younger girl as she finally woke up.

 

“So you don’t remember anything?” Joy asked.

 

Rosé shook her head; she had been quite since the first time they found her conscious. Joy smiled at the girl.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you and your girlfriend.”

 

“Lisa is not my girlfriend.”

 

“So you can talk.” Joy chuckled. “Well, I hope you both figure that out later.”

 

She could see a tint of pink on Rosé’s cheeks.

 

“Joy, can I ask you something?” the younger said; earning a nod from Joy. She looked at hesitant at first but Joy took her hand and delicately squeezing it.

 

“It’s okay. You can ask anything.”

 

“Does…Seulgi hate us?”

 

The smile on Joy’s face grew softer, she looked at the girl’s eyes. She could feel all the emotions Rosé was feeling at that time.

 

“Well, she had a hard time accepting that Lisa had killed people. Because, Boa taught us to not kill people no matter how ed up they are.” She stated. “But, no, she wants to help. It’s just…a lot going on right now. Her finding out that she’s going to be an alpha—not just an alpha but a pure-alpha, the hunters, school, and well…love life.” Joy laughed at the last one.

 

Rosé tilted her head.

 

“She doesn’t look like she has a hard time on finding a significant other.”

 

Joy laughed harder, she patted Rosé’s back gently.

 

“Girl, you don’t wanna know.”

 

---

 

Seulgi and Irene were in the basement, again. Irene convinced Seulgi that they found a sword underneath the secret storage on the ground although it ended up with Seulgi looking at her as if she was a drunk person, but she played along anyway. Irene had her hands covering her face; she was so frustrated because when they arrived and opened the door, there was nothing underneath there, it looked just like any normal storage.

 

“But…I swear there was a sword!”

 

She heard Seulgi sighed before the taller crouched down beside her, rubbing her back as she kissed Irene’s forehead.

 

“I think you should rest. You look pale.”

 

Irene looked up to see Seulgi, “you don’t believe me, do you?”

 

Seulgi didn’t answer. Instead, she gave Irene her most charming smile and a peck on the lips.

 

“Rest,” she said. “I’ll go home now, okay?”

 

Irene couldn’t help but got hypnotised by Seulgi’s soft voice, so she gave her a nod.

 

---

 

“You said once we killed the alpha we can kill the betas and other creatures.” Sehun said.

 

He was sitting on the opposite of Bogum. The older guy brought him to his place that turned out to keep all of the weapons he owned. Bogum was filling a few bullets with wolfs-bane. He was glancing at Sehun and smiled.
 

“Patient.” He put the bullets inside the gun. “We’re close. I can feel it.”

 

Sehun scoffed, “And how do you know that?”

 

Bogum aimed the gun to Sehun, making the high school student widened his eyes.

 

“Because I have experience.”

 

---

a/n: GUYS! oh my god i know this is a very short update. i'm sorry! i was actually planning to continue this but something personal came up and i'll continue to the base chapter! i love to read your comments y'all and oh my god! thank you for the upvotes! i really appreciate it guys! and i hope you like the new cover made by the talented @redvelvetdoodle !