thirty-eight

Alive

After the coach told them to take twenty-minutes break, Jennie settled herself beside Seulgi who had been staring at her water bottle for a few moments, she was also glancing at Somi once in a while; checking if the newborn werewolf was doing okay.

 

So, Jennie started. You got your own beta.

 

Seulgi chuckled.

 

Yeah.

 

There was silence, until Seulgi turned her body completely to face Jennie.

 

How did you do it?

 

Jennie blinked as she was confused, do what?

 

Seulgi scratched her nape.

 

You knowyoure technically an alpha to Suho and Chanyeol. How did you turn them and how did you manage?

 

Jennie laughed softly because Seulgi looked like a new mothertechnically it was truewho couldnt get a handle of her newborn child.

 

Well, different case for berserkers. They were turned by flesh and bones of the nagual spirit on a full moon, sometimes, theyd forget who they really are and had a desire to kill. Jennie stopped, I think werewolf is easier to manage.

 

Jennie gave Seulgis shoulder a gentle squeeze.

 

Youre going to be good at this.

 

As soon as Seulgi opened , they were distracted by a scene of Somi who seemed to be caught in as argument with a few team members.

 

Thats not fair! You kicked my foot! They heard Somi said. The coach was there; trying to stop them but she seemed to lose the grip of the teenagers. The other kids looked so intimidating as if they actually meant to injured Somi. Seulgi could see them smirking, she also could seevery clearlythat Somi clenched her hands into fists and blood started to drip through her fingers caused by her claws that go through her skin. She glanced at Jennie and fortunately, the were-jaguar noticed the same thing. They ran and Seulgi pulled Somi back, immediately.

 

Leave the new kid alone, would you? Jennie said, followed with an awkward chuckle as she then followed Seulgi to the shower room.

 

---

 

They smashed Somi against the cold wall as the hot water dripped down her body; drenching her jersey. Her eyes were glowingbright yellow. Her fangs and her claws grew out slowly. Jennie and Seulgi held on each of her arms.

 

Well, Jennie saidshe sounded full of struggle. Shes angrier than you.

 

Yeah, tell me about that. Seulgi replied. Somi!

 

Somi was about to get away, but thankfully, Seulgi and Jennie managed to smashed her back against the wall again and again.

 

Somi! Seulgi called.

 

Jennie started to grip her by the neck and lifted her up.

 

Somi! Seulgi called her again, louder this time.

 

The freshman was gasping for air as she was choked by Jennie. The jaguar slowly let her go. She slid down the wall.

 

You okay? Seulgi asked.

 

What did you do to me?! Somi said, as angry as she always been. But, slowly, her expression changed and tears were flowing down her cheeks.

 

Whats happening to me? She sobbed.

 

Seulgi didnt do nothing but hugging the girl, her back gently.

 

Youre going to be okay.

---

 

That actually didnt go well. After what happened, Somi suddenly ran off the schooltotally drenched and out of control. Seulgi had to call the rest of the pack to track the beta as it was starting to get dark.

 

Somi! Joy shouted, they were all now looking for her in the wood with flashlight on each of their hands. Not only it was dark, it looked like there would be a storm coming.

 

I swear to God, that kid…” Joy sighed.

 

Wendy chuckled, I feel like Seulgi is going to be really good at this.

 

It seems like they resemble each other.

 

Joy scoffed, you mean as angry?

 

Not really, I think Somi is angrier. Wendy laughed.

 

Oh you have to see how Seulgi looked like when we first met. Joy said, remembering the first time she encountered Seulgi in her werewolf form. It seemed like a déjà vu to her now, but with Somi.

 

But, what I actually meant isthey are as determined and as charming. Wendy added.

 

Joy had to stop her feet.

 

You think Seulgi is charming?

 

Wendy laughed louder, she pinched Joys cheeks.

 

Jealous?

 

Joy scoffed and continued her walking.

 

Oh come on! Wendy caught up; still laughing. I was just saying!

 

 

While her friends were looking for the beta on the other side, Seulgi drifted herself deeper into the wood. She then caught something from afar; something that looked like a pair of glowing-yellow eyes.

 

Somi?

 

As soon as she said the name, those eyes disappeared among the trees. Seulgi ran as fast as she could, and the good thing was, she was faster than Somi in her werewolf state. She grabbed the betas collar and pinned her against one of the trees.

 

Somi!

 

Somi growled at her. And Seulgi wanted to curse at herself because she suddenly knew how her mother felt when Seulgi talked back at her. She still didnt want to admit that she felt like a mother, though. All of sudden, an arrow was going through the tree, right above Somis head. Seulgi thought it was just a normal arrow until it glowed like a flare that could cause temporary blindness for werewolves. Somi; who was in her werewolf form was affected as she screamed and wiggled herself off from Seulgi and ran away. Seulgi looked up and found Yeri stood on the tree across with a crossbow on her hand. She glanced at Somi who were running away.

 

Youre welcome? Yeri said.

 

Seulgi huffed.

 

Classmate of yours?

 

Yup. Yeri threw something that looked like a remote control to Seulgi. She ran right into my trap.

 

You might want to be human once you get there.

 

They suddenly heard Somis scream.

 

Go! Yeri said, and Seulgi ran towards the newborn beta.

 

---

 

Seulgi found Somi on the ground; covering her ears as she was surrounded by ultrasonic minesanother of Yeris toys that could manipulate werewolfs sensitivity of hearing, causing a lot of pain to the eardrums, Seulgi swore to God, kid had a lot of weird toys. She pushed the only button on the remote that was given by Yeri as the mines finally stopped beeping.

 

Somi? Seulgi slowly approached the girl who still had her knees on the ground and head hung low.

 

The rest of the pack appeared, but Jisoo stopped them from moving closer as they were watching from behind a huge tree nearby.

 

Whats happening to me? Somi asked the same question she had been asking to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi did not answer, as Somi cried.

 

They cant know about this…” Somi said. My mommydad. I cant do this to them again…”

 

What do you mean again? Seulgi asked as careful as possible.

I got kicked out of schooland I deserved it. She sobbed. The way they looked at mewhen they saw what I did to the coach. Somi cried harder.

 

SomiIts okay. Seulgi whispered.

 

They cant see me like this! Somi was bawling, and to be very honestit broke Seulgis heart. Like…” She glanced at the alpha. Like…”

 

Like a monster. Seulgi finished.

 

Somi nodded slowly.

 

Seulgi clenched her jaw. She got up.

 

Youre not a monster. She said, and slowly Somi lifted her head to face the alpha.

 

Youre a werewolf

 

Like me.

 

 a/n: sluggie is a mom now