seventeen

Alive

Irene showed up at school that day. She showed up and Seulgi’s day became a hundred times better than it was already. The girl still looked a bit pale but it was understandable, she was sick after all. Seulgi was staring at the said girl and her boyfriend, Sehun. Seemed like they had fixed things up as Seulgi caught them kissing before the first period started. And now Seulgi’s day had turned upside down. She covered her face with her palms.

 

“Hey, Seulgi.”

 

That voice again.

 

I’ll be damned.

 

That sweet sweet voice.

 

Seulgi removed her palms from her face, revealing her face that was now had a huge silly grin on it.

 

“Hey, Joohyun.”

 

Irene bit her lower lip and abruptly kissed Seulgi. And obviously, Seulgi pushed her away.

 

Yuck! Did I just indirectly kiss Sehun?

 

Irene had the most adorable frown Seulgi had ever seen in her entire life, hence why she sighed and the older girl’s face gently; giving her a brief kiss on the lips.

 

“Welcome back,” the wolf said, just to be greeted by another kiss. Seulgi scorned inside her mind. Irene looked different, like the sword incident had never happened; she kissed her like she did not kiss Sehun exactly before she landed her lips on Seulgi’s.

 

Seulgi wanted to ask Irene if she was okay—badly. But, she didn’t do it. She was just thinking that Irene was okay. Though the girl looked a bit pale, she was glowing at the same time. Something was different, Irene looked very…confident. She had always been confident, but something was definitely off. Seulgi focused her gaze on Irene in the middle of calculus lecture. Her eyes shifted to the glowing yellow eyes as she saw Irene’s fox-shaped-grey-aura was bigger than the first time she saw it. Seulgi rapidly blinked, quickly shifting her eyes back to normal as Irene suddenly turned her gaze to the younger girl. She gave Seulgi a look. The look she had never seen before, but that definitely sent shiver down to her spine. Especially, that smirk she had on her flawless face.

 

She just gulped at the sight.

 

---

 

I’ll be damned. Indeed.

 

Seulgi did brush whatever the look Irene gave her in the middle of first period. What she did not expect was herself getting slammed against one of the ladies’ room cubicle; hands gripped tightly on her collar as Irene’s soft pair of lips crashed on Seulgi’s own. The kiss was more passionate—more…hotter. Seulgi’s hands started to roam along Irene’s curve, it slipped inside Irene’s skirt once in a while—she wasn’t sure if she wanted to touch that part yet or not. She did it again, and Irene definitely wasn’t having it when Seulgi pulled her hand out, so she shoved her hand back inside her skirt; making Seulgi touching the smooth skin of her thigh while she faintly moaned while their lips were still intact.

Seulgi—she just had to pull away from the kiss and stared at Irene for a good ten seconds before throwing Irene a question that had been bugging her the whole day.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Irene ran her finger on Seulgi’s sharp jawline.

 

“Never better.”

 

And Seulgi just gave it away by kissing Irene’s neck.

 

So they spent the third period in the ladies’ room.

 

Doing…some stuffs.

 

---

 

After the steamed moment, they went straight to the cafeteria as it was the break time. Seulgi went to her usual table where her pack gathered. But, that day she spotted Suho was sitting among them. She gave him a friendly wave as the boy returned it with the same gesture.

 

“Why are you sweaty?” Yeri bluntly threw the question at Seulgi.

 

It made Seulgi’s breath hitched. She tried to reason her way out.

 

“Umm…I was…exercising.”

 

Way to go, dum-dum.

 

“Exercising?” Jisoo lifted up her eyebrows, then scoffed as she nodded. The other did not throw any more questions until Joy said,

 

“So…We’ll just let this off by the fact that we can all hear her heartbeat that clearly showed that she’s lying?”

 

Seulgi was about to answer when she felt a strong grip on one of her -cheeks that almost—almost made her moan if she did not see her pack in front of her, staring with their jaws dropped.

She turned her head and found Irene; giving her the look—yes, that look. Seulgi felt her legs gave up on her as Wendy caught her body.

 

“Ha.” The vampire chuckled. “Must be one hot exercise.”

 

---

 

Irene woke up in her room; it was dark outside and she was sweating bullet. She felt like she couldn’t breathe, the situation did not help when she saw someone was sitting on the chair right next to her bed; legs crossed and mischievous smile plastered on her face. It wasn’t just someone; it was her. Irene did look at herself a lot of time in the mirror—obviously, she looked like ‘that’—but, she did not recognise this person. It had the same face as hers, but it was not her. At least, she did not know this side of her.

 

“Who are you?” Irene asked, stuttering. She felt intimidated by a pair of glowing grey eyes that stared into her anima.

 

As if she was asking a stupid question, she laughed. Irene just hoped that she didn’t actually sound that evil when she laughed.

 

“Honey, I am…you.” She answered, as if it was a normal thing to say. Then, she added, “well…not quite.” While making some gestures with her hand.

 

“I’m the part of yourself that you try so hard to hide,”

 

She made a sudden move closer to Irene; making the poor girl moved back.

 

“My, my. Aren’t you the beautiful one?” Her hand ran against Irene’s face. Irene swore, she had fangs and those that touched her skin were claws.

 

“You know,” She jumped off Irene. The smirk was still on her face, as she touched Irene stuffs—messing around with those,

 

“I went to school today.”

 

“W-what?” Irene gulped, she wanted to scream for help. But she realised, if she did that, those claws might rip .

 

“And…I played with your female pet.” She her lips seductively.

 

“Female pet?” Irene gathered her courage to ask.

 

“Yeah. That girl.” She lifted her eyebrow and looked at Irene playfully. “Kang Seulgi.”

 

Hearing Seulgi’s name, Irene did not know where she got the guts to get off the bed and yelled at her.

 

“You- Stay away from Seul-!”

 

Irene couldn’t even finish her words when she grabbed her by the neck, slammed her against the wall with the same smile on her face.

 

“Watch who you’re yelling at, pretty face. You have no idea what I’m capable off.”

 

She loosened the grip, as Irene was completely wrapped in fear now. Her feet were a few inches away from the ground.

 

“Good. Now give me what I want.” She said and crashed their lips together. Irene felt dark matter was filling her body before she fell on the ground. She was just processing everything before…she smirked. She reached her drawer and pulled out a familiar black mask.

 

“Time to have some fun.”

 

---