Hate is A Strong Word

Hatred Means I Care

She was startled to find Jungkook leaning casually on the wall next to the bedroom door.

 Rosè couldn’t believe he actually stayed to make sure if she was okay.

“I thought you left. I heard the door closing…” Rosè mumbled, still baffled by Jungkook’s behavior.

Jungkook let out a short smile before saying,"I closed and locked the bedroom door so no one would come in. Well, not until you were finished at least.”

“ Oh…” Rosè said while a headache attacked her which caused her unable to speak.

There was awkward silence for a few seconds, until Jungkook broke it while asking “ So, where do you live?”

Rosè whipped her head towards the raven-haired boy so fast that she felt dizzy once again, but that couldn’t stop her from letting out  "Why?"

“So that I can walk you home obviously.” Jungkook stated in a matter-of-fact voice as if Rosè was asking the most stupid question ever.

“ But why would you, when you hate me?” Rosé asked genuinely.

For a moment it seemed as if shock flickered across Jungkook’s face, before it was back to his usual impassive expression.

"Hate is a strong word. And also it was kind of my fault that you feel sick. How was I supposed to know that for once in your life you were actually going to have the guts to accept the challenge.”

Rosè felt annoyed when Jungkook unconsciously offended her, and she made her voice colder as ahe said, “You know what, yeah, it’s not your fault. I made that decision on my own so you don’t have to walk me home out of pity.”

And with that she tried her best to walk towards the door without making a fool of herself, but then Jungkook grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him and Rosè bumping into his chest.