Sejeong x Sungwoon

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

Special Emcee
Sejeong x Sungwoon

 

Should I do it?

Sejeong asked herself once more. Their manager told her that she'll be one of the special mc for Produce 101 Season 2. She want to say no but she can't.

"Doyeon, I really can't do it." she said while slowly tearing up.

"I know it's hard for you, Sejeong. But we need to do it." Doyeon said while comforting her.

Sejeong thinks she can't do it because she'll just be distracted by her ex-boyfriend that happens to be one of the contestant of the survival show.

She still can't face him because she's still hurt. She can still remember what her ex boyfriend told her when they broke up.

"Sejeong, this is the best for us." Sungwoon said while wipping Sejeong's tears. He's sad that they need to break up but he know it's just for the best.

"No, Sungwoon. This is not the best for the both of us. We have the same dream to be an idol but we don't need to break up." She's still crying and Sungwoon can't do anything that's why he hugged her.

"I'm sorry, Sejeong. But don't you think our relationship will just be a hindrance in achieving our dream to be an idol?"

"Our relationship is never a hindrance, Sungwoon. It's never a hindrance..." and again. She's still crying that's why Sungwoon decided to just comfort her and not talk about their break up.

After that day, Sungwoon just texted her "I'm sorry. Good bye, Sejeong."

It's been 5 years actually but for Sejeong it feels like it's only yesterday.

"Doyeon, I really can't face him yet."

Doyeon flicked Sejeong's forehead "Yah, wake up, Sejeong! It's been 5 years right? You need to face him now."

"I can't." Sejeong insisted.

"You need to"

"I don't want to." Sejeong said.

"You're just running away from him"

"He's the first one who runaway." Sejeong said while rolling her eyes.

"Still, be matured enough to face him, Sejeong"

In the middle of their chitchat, Sejeong's manager told Doyeon to go outside first because he need to talk to Sejeong.

"I really can't do it." She immediately said.

"Sejeong, you need to do it." her manager is so kind enough not to be mad at her because he know about Sejeong's ex boyfriend; Ha Sungwoon.

"But I can't. I really can't face him now." she said and looked down. She really want to be a special MC, yes but the hindrance is that she know she'll be distracted once she saw Sungwoon. She know herself... She'll cry...

"Sejeong, be professional enough to do your job." said her manager. It hits her so damn much because she know she should be professional, yes because it's her job but... The hindrance.. She's afraid something bad will happen during the recording if she'll see Sungwoo.

"But..."

"Don't let your personal feelings interfere with your work, Sejeong." once again, she's guilty but she nodded.

"I'll try to do my best, manager-nim" she said while looking down. She's so guilty because it's not that everyday she'll be a guest MC for a show and now that she'll be a guest MC, she's acting like this.

"I hope, Sejeong." her manager manage to pat her head because her manager know what she've been through all these years. "By the way, Sungwoon's coming here."

Her eyes widen. What the hell? She thought. She's not freakin' ready to see her ex boyfriend, at least not now, tomorrow will be fine tho, she thinks.

She's really freakin' out deep inside her but she don't want to complain anymore to her manager... but she can't control her feelings at that very moment that's why she suddenly stood up from her seat and talk to her manager again.

"No, please. Manager-nim, not now..." she pleaded. This is not the right time. She really can't do it. She thinks she'll cry in front of him if they'll talk today.

"If not now, then when?" her manager suddenly asked her. She looked down again. When? She doesn't even know when if not today.

"I-I don't know..."

"So, talk to him later. This is the only time you have, Sejeong. The recording will be in three days and you're busy in the next two days so this is your only time to talk to him personally." said her manager. Okay she gave up. It's an order from her manager and she need to follow it. No more excuses, no more complains. It's freakin' now or never.

"Okay. I'll wait for him." she said and seated again on her seat. "Sorry for causing trouble, manager-nim" Sejeong added.

"It's okay. I understand, Sejeong. Wait for him, he'll arrive any minute now." and then she was left alone at the office of her manager.

She caused soooo many trouble just because of the news; she'll be the guest MC for Produce 101 Season 2. First, it affected the IOI members because they missed one of their shows because Sejeong's sulking about the news. Second, she doesn't have any appetite she missed two meals that caused her fans to be worried because she almost fainted at one of their fansigns. And now, her manager's having a hard time because of her and even called Sungwoon to talk to her.

She sighed. She caused sooo many troubles in one day. Sejeong's guilty but she thinks it's pretty much normal knowing that he left her hanging when Sungwoon broke up with her.

Why did he broke up with me suddenly? Why did he just texted me "good bye" and didn't contact me afterwards? Why did he choose to break my heart rather than heal it?

She sighed again. She have so many questions in mind that Sungwoon did not tell her 5 years ago. And she's hoping that right now, she'll get some answers.. well it should be a believable excuse.

She waited for like ten minutes thinking of what will she say when he's already right in front of her. What would be her reaction when Sungwoon's already there... Will she cry? She don't know. But one thing she's sure about it that she's nervous. And that freakin' nervousness she's feeling right now is killing her.

"Where is he? My god. I can't wait any longer." she said to herself. She thinks that if she waited another ten minutes she'll start to have a nervous breakdown of something like an anxiety attack.

At that moment she just want to talk so Sungwoon to get it over with. She so tired of thinking why Sungwoon just left her, she want some answers. She want to know it now. Even though her nervousness is killing her, she's just excited... She doesn't know but she actually is.

She sighed and stood up to get some a glass and a water from the water dispenser when she heard someone knocked and opened the door. "oh my god," she said because she was so shocked and then she turned around and saw Sungwoon.

He just stared at her while her? Sejeong's heartbeat is beating so fast, she don't know what to do, is she having a heart disease or what?

"Uhh, hi?" she said and then smiled at him.

Sungwoon smiled at her when she greeted him and she's shocked when Sungwoon suddenly hugged him. She want to move back but she can't. She's just stuck in her position... and Sungwoon's hugging her.

"I'm sorry, Sejeong." she felt Sungwoon's sincerity in his voice. After so many years it's the first time Sungwoon's that close to her. She can feel Sungwoon's heartbeat, it's the same as hers it's beating two times than it's original heartbeat.

They're just in that position in a long time when Sungwoon patted her head. That's when she started to cry. "Hey, don't cry." he told her and then Sungwoon pulled her away and hold her arms. He also tried to wipe her tears. "Sejeong, please don't cry."

But even though Sungwoon's have been telling her to stop crying, her tears just can't stop flowing from her eyes. "I can't stop my tears, it just keeps on flowing from my eyes." she said and smiled.

Sungwoon nodded "Okay. I'll just wait for your tears to settle down." he joked that's why Sejeong laughed a bit.

 

WHEN SEJEONG'S already fine now. They started talking to each other. A serious one.

"How are you, Sejeong?" finally Sungwoon asked her.

"I'm not okay. I've been crying for like fifteen minutes, do I look like I'm okay?" she said jokingly to Sungwoon.

Actually she didn't expect to be that comfortable enough to be with Sungwoon. At first she thought she'll be mad at him but no, she missed him so much. But of course, she still have so many questions in mind that she want Sungwoon to asnwer.

"I'm sorry, Sejeong. I made you cry again." he sighed "I'm such a jerk." he looked down while saying it to her because he was so guilty of his actions.

"You really are, Sungwoon. You just left me hanging. I'm confused why you left me. Why didn't you told me you're leaving me? It's been five years..."

Sungwoon remained silent. Sejeong can see that he's really guilty to the point that he can't stare at her eyes. He's looking down and sweating a lot.

"Please explain yourself for once. I need to know your explanation. I deserve an answer." she said while looking intently at Sungwoon.

She sighed.

"It's an order," finally Sungwoon said. She's waiting for the next word he'll utter. She's listening very careful so that she'll not missed anything Sungwoon will say. "In the contract that I signed, they told me that I should't have any..."

Sungwoon didn't continue what he was about to say because Sejeong's crying again. He tried to walk towards her but she stepped backwards. "That's why you broke up with me and just left me hanging. I guess you didn't really love me in the first place that's why you just let go of me easily. Now I get it." Sejeong said while smirking. She was about to stood up when Sungwoon stopped her.

"Sejeong, no. Believe me when I say  I love you, I really do, okay? I didn't leave you because I didn't love you. It's an order that I cannot say no. It's a rule. I know your manager said to you that also 'you shouldn't have a boyfriend too while you're a trainee' right? Or anything that will affect your career," Sungwoon wipe her tears and held her hand "Sejeong, we're just in the same situation five years ago." He smiled "but look what happened to us? We're an idol now, even though I'm part of Produce 101 Season 2, I can say that it's worth the wait... now that you're in front of me right now."

Now, Sejeong looked at Sungwoon's eyes. She can see Sungwoon's sincerity. She smiled a little bit while Sungwoon's caressing her cheeks.

"I hate you. Why are you making my heart flutter now?! I should be mad at you!" She's hitting Sungwoon's chest while smiling.

"I broke your heart before, well at least I should heal your broken heart now, right?" he said and then kissed her forehead "I hope you're fine now. Did O answer your questions now?" Sejeong nodded. "Well then, Fighting! Be the best Special MC on the recording okay? I'll cheer for you."

Sejeong laughed "Yah! I should be the one cheering for you right? I mean, you're the contestant..."

Sungwoon shook his head "Nah, I just want to see you happy at the recording then it's fine with me."

She make face that made Sungwoon laugh "Aigoo ~ this boi. Stop saying some flowery words will you?"

"Nope. I don't want to," he said while pinching her nose "I miss you so much, Sejeong."

•••

D-DAY

IT'S BEEN 3 days and she can't believe that it's the moment of truth.

"Ahhhh!" she screamed a little bit while she's at her dressing room.

"Yaaah. Stop it." Doyeon said. Doyeon's her partner, she's also a special mc in the show.

"I'm just nervous but you know I'm happy."

Doyeon smiled "I'm happy that you are. It's really good that you and Sungwoon are in good terms now."

"Yeah! We're actually texting each other again whenever we have our free time." Sejeong smiled happily.

"Ohh.. that's good! I'm happy for you!" said Doyeon  while hugging her.

AFTER 5 MINUTES the directer called them, it's their cue to go on the special room. They're interviewing trainees first and then after it they'll have a separate recording.

Sejeong and Doyeon interviewed a lot of trainees but now it's time for them to interview Sungwoon.

"Ha Sungwoon." said Doyeon and she smiled at Sejeong. Sungwoon saw it and also smiled at Sejeong.

"We have some couple of questions for you... first, what's your ideal girl?" Sejeong's the one who asked it. She's quite nervous but the recording must go on.

"A girl like you, Sejeong, is my ideal girl." When Sungwoon said it, Doyeon squealed and some of the staffs are actually blushing for Sejeong "I mean, you're talanted and pretty. You have it all. So yeah, a talented and pretty girl is my ideal type."

They nodded.

•••

The next recording for the day is a singing battle wherein the trainees need to say "Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do" in low pitch to high pitch, the trainee who'll hit the higher pitch will be the winner for the singing battle.

"Today, it's gonna be a singing battle." Doyeon and Sejeong's explained the mechanics of the battle and then they're the ones who'll pick the trainees who'll compete with each other.

"Sungwoon" said Sejeong. He's the first trainee that she picked. She saw the trainees are teasing Sungwoon that's why she blushed.

"Jaehwan" said Doyeon. They're the ones who'll fight for the battle.

And then, the recording goes on. They've been recording for five hours. They started recording at 5 in the afternoon and finished at 10 in the evening. It's quite tiring but it's also fun.

"Sejeong, Sungwoon's waiting for you at your dressing room." said Taehyun.

"Oh, really? Okay." she said and went to her dressing room immediately.

"Oh, there you are." said Sungwoon when she got inside the dressing room.

"Yeah. I'm still alive."

Sungwoon laughed a bit "You did well, Sejeong."

"Yah, don't flatter me. I'm not really a good emcee though" she said.

"For me, you're the best emcee." Sungwoon said and then he kissed her forehead.

---

Hey hey hey. Sorry it took soooo long. But I hope you'll love this short story. I'm not really good in terms of describing how an emcee do but I really hope this is okay. Thank you for waiting and reading this.

Keep  requesting guys! We'll do our best to do it all :)

Have a nice day, everyone.

-BYEpjulienne