Jonghyun x Nayoung

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

"Among the 11winners you're chosen to do a special stage on MAMA and you need to choose one on Pristin to be your partner. That's what MNET told us." Pledis' PD told Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was called to Pledis office today. From their dorm he received a text message from Pledis. He really expects that it's about NU'EST but no. He got disappointed, he doesn't have agreed to perform a special performance on MAMA what he wants is to perform with NU'EST.

 

It took him a long time to think who he would choose in the end he chose Nayoung because she's a rapper too.

 

"Im Nayoung." He told the PD.

 

"Nayoungie? Are you sure? “The PD replied.

 

"We're both leaders, we're both rappers I think she's the only one perfect for me." Jonghyun stated making the PD grin.

 

"Double meaning?"

 

"Ah hyung stop it. I don't know what you really mean."

 

"I know you know. Now you go to the Pristin's practice room. All of them are there."

 

"Why me?"

 

"You're the one who chose her then you inform her. I already send a reply message to Mnet and they said it's perfect since you're the season 2's leader and she's the season 1's leader."

 

After the talk with the PD, Jonghyun went to the said practice room. He saw the girls eating from the glass window. He scanned the room and he saw Nayoung eating with her expressionless face. Why did I choose her? Seriously Kim Jonghyun you're thick-faced. You're such a jerk. He told himself. He knocked on the door and as a leader Nayoung is the one who opened it.

 

"Nayoung-ah." He said but Nayoung just walks away and leave the door open. The Pristin members noticed him and greeted him immediately.

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo Sunbaenim." They all greeted in chorus.

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo." He greeted them back as he walked in.

 

"What are you doing here?" Nayoung asked him not showing any respect to her senior.

 

"Nayoung-ah please this is about work. Let's talk like proffesionals." Jonghyun replied. The Pristin members sensed that they need to leave them so they left the room leaving the two leaders.

 

"What do you need?" Nayoung said as she raises her eyebrows. Her heart is beating so fast. She's really happy to see him again personally but still her anger overshadowed everything.

 

"We'll be collaborating for MAMA 2018 special stage." Jonghyun shortly stated making Nayoung's eyes widened.

 

"Who said?! Tell them to choose another one." She replied.

 

"I choose you. They ask me to choose." Jonghyun said making Nayoung's heart beat faster.

 

"You should've chosen me two years ago but you chose your flop group."

 

"Yah, you can badmouth me but you can't do that to my group."

 

"Oh here's the heroine leader again. Oh I remembered that you chose NUEST over girls. Are you a gay?"

 

"This won't lead to anything good. Let's talk about some other time." Jonghyun said and attempts to walk away but he stopped. This is not good. You can't walk out. You need to fix things with her.

 

"Then tell Mnet that I don't want to do that." Nayoung said as she tried to walk away but Jonghyun grabs her wrists.

 

"When will you grow up?" He said as he faced Nayoung.
 

"Grow up? Never because I will be forever your Hoobae, that's what you said right I AM JUST A HOOBAE." Nayoung replied. Her voice is slowly getting broke sign that she's just stopping herself to cry.

 

"Grow up Nayoung! There's someone who deserves you better and some who you deserve to have. You will thank me later."

 

"So you're saying that I don't deserve you?"

 

"No because I am too low for you. Forget about what you feel, it will give you freedom and peace."

 

"No! The scar will be forever here and now you showed up again it became deeper. You didn't show up in three years. I barely see you this close. I'm only watching you from a far everytime I saw you here in the building. You're so bad. What did I do to you?" She said while pointing out her heart. This time she broke in tears.

 

"Let's do the collab and start anew." Jonghyun said and pulls her for a hug.

 

They are best friends since their trainee days. They trained together since they're both rappers but they part ways when Jonghyun assigned to be the leader of NUEST. He wasn't able to join her on trainings anymore. He trained with NUEST members. NUEST debuted and their debut song 'Face' hits success but the following releases receives bad outcome. One day Nayoung confessed her feelings to Jonghyun. He knows that he feels the same too but chose to decline her because he need to do his work as NUEST's leader and he doesn't want to ruin Nayoung's career. She's still a trainee and she will face a long path before her debut, Jonghyun doesn't want to be a distraction.

 

Starting the day that Jonghyun rejects Nayoung, he wasn't able to see her anymore. He wasn't able to talk to her anymore. Like Nayoung did, he just watched her from a far. Today is the first day they talked to each other after two years. Jonghyun used this opportunity to fix things.

 

____

The next day Pledis' CEO called Jonghyun and Nayoung to his office. It's rare since the CEO do not talk to the idols personally.

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo." They greeted their CEO and they sit in front of him.

 

"I heard you two will do collaboration on MAMA?"

 

"Yes sir."

 

"Very good, you need to do well since you're the representatives of Pledis. If things went well, I'll make sure that NUEST will have a comeback with full album."

 

"Thank you Sir, we'll do our best for this performance."

 

"For Pristin, let's do a mini concert."

 

"Thank you Sir. I'll make sure to give a good performance."

 

After the short talk with their boss they went straight to the practice room assigned for them to use. As they entered Kahi is there.

 

"Oh Noona! Annyeong Hasseyo." Jonghyun greeted.

 

"Unnie!" Nayoung said and runs to Kahi.

 

"Oh! You're the ones who will have a collab stage on MAMA? I'll be your trainer. Oh my god I never thought that I can work with both of you again. I missed our trainee days." Kahi said and hugs both of them.

 

"Well I didn't agree to this. I was forced." Nayoung said with a bitter smile. Kahi seems to understand what she means so she eyed Jonghyun who just replied with an awkward smile. It's still awkward for both of them. Kahi thought as she tried to light up the atmosphere.

 

She first asked the two to write their lyrics. Nayoung's lyric is about unfortunate love while Jonghyun's lyric is about apologies. They passed their lyrics to Kahi and while reading it she smiles not a satisfying smile but a bitter one.

 

“Okay your lyrics do fit each other. Let’s try to put tone. Let’s try to re-arrange Song Mino’s Fear that’s what MNET told me.” Kahi said as she went to the music studio and the two followed her.

 

____

They were able to re-arrange the piece and now only two of them will practice since Kahi has a responsibility as a mother. They were able to compose the whole rap yesterday and they only need to memorize their lyrics. Jonghyun is the first one to arrive so he practiced ahead of Nayoung. Few minutes later Nayoung arrived too. She quietly went to her place and put an earphone. She sits on the opposite side. She keeps on glancing at him every time, hoping that he would look at her too. Without her notice he keeps glancing on her too. She promised that she wouldn’t listen to his rap until they practice together but she can’t resist it. She turned off the music that left the earphones on her ears. She listens to his apologetic rap.

 

Listening to his rap she feels like her heart became heavier. She tried to stop her tears by just practicing her rap this time Jonghyun is the one who listened.

 

 

After listening to her rap secretly, he went out to look for water. He heads to the snack room to get two bottled water. He drinks one bottle of water in just a spill of time while tapping hardly the part of his body where his heart is in beneath. You need to fix everything this time Kim Jonghyun. You need to heal her. He thought.

He went back to the room and he saw Nayoung lying on the floor sleeping. At first he hesitated to go near but he somehow noticed that her eyes are swollen. She cried when I went out? By any chance did she hear my rap? Of course not! She’s practicing her own too. He walks near her and brush the hairs covering some portion of her face. When will you stop crying because of me? He scanned the room looking for a blanket but he can’t find any. He took off his jacket and covered her with it. Kahi was there and she noticed everything.

 

“You should admit that you love her too.” Kahi said as she walked in.

 

“I already admitted it to myself but I still chose NUEST’s future noona. The right time will come for us.” Jonghyun replied.

 

D-DAY

Today is the most awaited day, MAMA 2018. PD101 winners are waiting in their dressing room together with IOI. They will be having a collaboration stage for Pick Me. Nayoung is also there because IOI will perform ahead of Pristin. Kahi entered the room and greeted everyone but she came for Jonghyun and Nayoung.

 

“Jonghyun-ah, Nayoung it’s your time to standby.” Kahi called them. They glance at each other but quickly look away.

 

“Hwaiting Leadernims!” The others cheered them.

 

They walk through the hallway with Kahi quietly.

 

“Forget about your personal feelings for now and be professionals. You can do it!” Kahi said and cheered them. Kahi leave them two because they’re on standby already.

 

“Let’s be professionals.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Yes from now on until the end of our lives.” Nayoung replied, she can’t set aside her personal feelings. Jonghyun didn’t reply anymore because it might ruin the mood.

 

Sooner, they were called on the stage. They positioned themselves in the middle of the stage and waited for the MR. When the MR played, Jonghyun starts rapping.

 

It seemed like you were crying
even when you were smiling
you couldn’t love me with a peaceful heart
and you longed for me as you remembered the memories
my heart ached for you

I couldn’t even comfort you, saying that it’ll get better,
that it’ll be forgotten
So I’m nervous again
I want to hold onto you but I myself can’t

I know I can’t turn back a heart that I’ve already broken
I pray that you’ll be happy like you were in the beginning

I want to let you know that I love you too but

I did everything for you, you will say ‘thank you’

 

“It’s real! Everything on his lyrics is real.” Minhyun commented as he watched them through the monitor.

 

After Jonghyun’s part it’s now Nayoung’s turn.

In my love, in my pain, in my memories,

You hugged me with a warm smile

I was tired from all the rain and wind inside of me

But without a sound, you came inside and held me

I can feel that you love me

You keep on denying until you left me

Do you do you know about my

Sore scars?

Do you do you know about my painful memories?

A decade had passed it's still the same

The sore scars became deeper

It can be used by the sea diver

Please admit you love me …later

 

Please admit you love me …later, the phrase keeps on playing on Jonghyun’s mind but he still able to perform well. At the end of the their rap parts they need to part ways because it’s the choreography that Kahi taught them but instead Jonghyun pulls Nayoung and hugged her.

 

“I love you.” He said before the MR ends as an adlib but he really means it. No one noticed that everything happens on stage were real because they still manage to look professionals.

 

“I’m finally assured that Jonghyun is not a gay! He finally chose a girl over us.” Minhyun stated and acted like wiping his tears.

 

“He carried you on his back for 5years it’s now his turn to have his own life Minhyun-ah.” Kahi said and playfully hits Minhyun’s head.

 

“Is it for real?” Nayoung asked Jonghyun while they are walking through the empty hallway.

Jonghyun did not answer her but instead, he kissed her.

AN: Did I go overboard? Do you find this too dramatic? I’m sorry but I write what comes up to my mind. I hope you like it if not I hope appreciate it. Thank you for sending your request! @peepbo

Anyway I got the lyrics from EXO's Promise and NUEST's I'm sorry , I just change it a little.

@Bteambaby at ur service! ^^