Samuel x Somi

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

Tittle: Carefree

One day in PD101 Camp , unexpected visitor came to the boys' practice rooms. She first went to Fs room , D , C , B then lastly A. Through the glass window she watched the A graders working harder than she expect. The boys are scattered in the rectangular room. Most are on the edges , some are in vocal room but one caught Jeon Somi's attention. The one who's sitting alone at the center of the room. None of them noticed her.

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo." She greeted as she opened the door. The boys got startled with her arrival but immediately greeted her back to show respect.  

She doesn't need to introduce herself because PD101 is center-centered and she's the center so expected that all of the trainees know her well.

"Annyeong Hasseyo Sunbaenim." The boys greeted except the one who's sitting on the center. One has his own world. He's in the world that only him is in. He's busy practicing for the final mission and he's really focused to the level that he wasn't able to notice everything around him.

 

"Samuel-ah." Daehwi called him in a low voice but receive no response.

"Yah , Kim Samuel!" he made it a bit louder and it made the younger one annoyed.

"Daehwi hyung , not know." Samuel said without looking at Daehwi focused on his dance.

"Aish! Sunbaenim is here. You're rude. This will be shown on TV!" Daehwi whisphers at him when he noticed that Somi is busy talking with others.  

 

They are now circled on the floor. Listening to each others' words and stories. They were fascinated with Somi's existence and they became hyped.

Samuel immediately stops on what he is doing and greeted Somi.

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo Somi sunbaenim. I am sorry I didn't noticed you." Samuel said , giving Somi a formal greeting.

"Annyeong Hasseyo Samuel ssi .It'sokay I can relate. I've been here too remember." Somi said as she greets Samuel too.

 

Samuel and Daehwi joined Somi and others on the floor. They talked about a lot of things about the show until Seungwoo challenged Samuel and Somi to talk to each other in English.

 

"English? I can't understand English. Can you?" Hyungseob said and asked others who just shake their heads. Samuel and Somi  chuckled.

 

Somi and Samuel starts talking in English , they talked about how Somi ended up living here in Korea , the places she had been on states , their likes and dislikes and vice versa on Samuel's side. The others were amazed by their abilities to speak the language but the two has nothing to do but to chuckle with the others' reaction.

 

The English convo ended and now Somi's giving her last words to the trainees.She let out an encouraging words and it somehow boost everyone's competetiveness and confidence.

 

"This is the level that I was in before moving down one. I can say that aside from being the center the best feeling was in here. I loved being here but unlucky me , I wasn't able to guard this level. I hope all of you can prove that you are worthy in this level. No matter the others say , it's still you who fight. Level A! Fighting!" Somi cheered them before waving for a goodbye.

 

"Wooooh." A graders breathes out as they taps the part of their chest where their hearts are place in beneath. Their hearts are beating so fast because of a pretty girl visited them , now that she's gone they went back to their works , some went to be interviewed and one of them rush out when Somi left the room.

 

Samuel runs so fast so he could catch up Somi , he is now in the hallway but no traces of Somi. He runs until he reached the front door and there is the girl bidding a goodbye to the staffs. He let out a deep breath after so much panting. He grabs his phone from his pocket and approaches Somi when the staffs are finally gone. He confidently walks but when he's few steps away from the girl who's sitting on the couch near the front door he suddenly stops. He felt nervousness as he walks but since he's young and carefree he begins to walk again.

 

"Hey." He calls out for Somi's attention and he succeed. She turns her head on Samuel's direction and smiled.

"Hey boy." She said and offers a fist bump so Samuel did. 

The way they talk might seem so rude for the ones who are not in the same age but US is part of their lives so in their views it's a not big deal.

(an: I don't really know much about both of them so let's just say they both lived in US.)

 

"I am here , to ask for your number. If you wouldn't mind." Samuel said with confidence as he tried to hand his phone to Somi.

"Oooh , the confidence. Glad to find a new mutual." Somi said as she takes the phone and typed her number. By means of mutual , she's referring to a mix-blooded kpop idol.

"Thanks buddy! I hope we can make a long conversation through text. I wanna know you more...as my new mutual." Samuel said as he saved Somi's number and putted on speed dial number one.

"Yeah I hope too but let me remind you lil' boy  I'm on Daehwi's side. He's my bestfriend just so you know if you don't know yet." She said and whisphers her last sentence.

"Well I'm not rooting for you on my side to gain votes. I just want to have a mutual just so you won't misunderstand." Samuel said to clear things up.

"Then , I have nothing to say anymore since you clear things up. Let's be mutuals, a good mutuals." Somi said as she flashes a smile.

"All set , so I'll go now buddy?" Samuel asking for her approval. She nodded so Samuel walks backward as he did a salute gesture before turning his back.

 

The show is now on it's final shooting. Today is the finals and now the trainees are currently in the backstage waiting for the most awaited time , the announcement. Park Jihoon reign in the 8 episodes of the show but Samuel turn things when the final 22 announcement came. He dethroned wink boy and now he's on the top for two episodes. The 22 finalist wasn't able to talk to each other due to nervousness and intensity they can feel. However, it's different for Park Jihoon and Samuel they are both confident that they could be the center. No feeling of nervousness and no pressure for both of them. Few minutes more , the trainees are called one by one to fill their respective places.

 

Until top 5 has been called and the ones left are , Jihoon , Samuel , Daehwi , Ong Seungwoo , and  Bae Jinyoung. ( AN: I put my TOP 5 in here , please excuse me.) As Bae Jinyoung has been called Samuel's phone rings. Looking at the screen , he flashes a wide smile.

 

"Hey ya buddy! I just want to tell you that I'm on your side now since I lose hope for Daehwi. Please get the center spot and let's be center together. It will be a history if you would. I trust you. Goodluck!" Somi said on her text message making Samuel smile up to ear.

 

"Park Jihoon ssi." The PD called. Samuel didn't noticed that he's the only one left. He's been spaced out for so long because of a simple text message from his buddy.

 

After gathering all the trainees , BOA announced the top 10 until the top 3 one by one. It took so long since they need to make the announcement intense and the winners had given a chance to say their words. After announcing the top 3 , the top 10 has been announced too and now the only ones left are the runner up and the center spot. Now Jihoon and Samuel are facing each other on a sqaured-shaped flatform and their faces are flashing on the screen. To make it more intense the camera showed the fans cheering and the words are undefined but surely they're chanting the names of the candidates. Samuel watched the fan through the huge screen in the center and he noticed someone that made his eyes widened. A girl holding a Samuel banner with a facemask and a hoodie. Samuel flashes a smile as he figured out who it is. Now he became more eager to win.

 

"Samuel-ssi , you're smiling widely. Are you confident you can win?" BOA ask him as she noticed him smiling.

"Yes I am confident that I can win. I believe that I will , erase that , I shall be the center." Samuel boasted making the others shiver on his confidence , the fans were shown on the screen again and there she is again , cheering in silence since no one should notice her.

BOA turns to Jihoon and asked him the same question. Few minutes more , the winner has been announced.

 

"Produce 101 center , chosen by the nation's producer , with the score of 988,699. Kim Sameul-ssi! Congratulations." Samuel broke down in tears as he hugged Jihoon when he saw there's only one point difference.

"Don't feel bad for me. Congratulations Sammy." Jihoon congratulate him within the hug. Jihoon is the first one to give his speech.

 

"It's a shame that it's only one point needed I can be the center but this is where God puts me , here is where I belong. Hyub hyung! I know you didn't vote me because I didn't bought you a spicy rice cake. I hope this will haunt you on your whole life." Jihoon said making the others laugh and the intensity was eased. "Kidding aside , I myself also knows that there's someone's who's more worthy for the spot so no guilts and no regrets as for our Sammy , don't feel any guilt and be confident. You deserve it." Jihoon said before putting the mic away.

 

"I am really thankful to my hyungs who helped me a lot. To the trainers and to the fans who are here today. The fans who believed me from the start and the fans who have no choice but to choose me because they lose hope on Daehwi" He joked , but he's referring to a certain person. "I want to thank my fans international and my friends who I left in states. Thank you Seventeen hyungs you've became my inspiration. I want to join you on stage soon , let's have a collaboration. That's all thank you." Samuel finishes his words and made his way up on the top seat.

 

After the final announcement the TOP 11 winners had a dinner together with the PD's and the one who will handle them. They congratulate each other one by one , some are on phone call with their families. The PD sets up the karaoke and they start to sing along with ballads and head bang with rocks then dance with pops. 

"Center.. Center..Center." They chanted , wanting Samuel to sing a song. Therefore , Samuel flips the song book and sing an English song. 'Love yourself' by Justin Bieber. But before the song starts an unexpected guests arrived.

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Somi with Sejong and Yoojung , the season one's top three arrived at the venue. The PD's and staffs welcomed them so as the boys. They paused the karaoke for a moment as they welcomed the girls until they feel at ease.

 

"Samuel-ah! Your song." Daehwi remind him as he played the song.

"Wait! It's better if not only the center but the centerS will sing right?" Samuel said emphasizing the plural term and referring to Somi who's sitting across. 

 

Everyone cheered when Somi stand up without any hesitations and picks up the mic from the table. All of them cheered as the song starts. They sing together and giving all their efforts to the song.

 

After the celebration , they all went back to their dorm to pack their things. Samuel's roommates are done packing things so he was the only one left in the room. He gracefully packed his things on his luggages and when he finally zips them off---

"Hey buddy!" Somi called him , she's now leaning on the door frame. Samuel flashes a smile as he rush to the girl and gave her a hug.

"Buddy! I know that one vote is from you. Thank you! You're an angel fallen from heaven." He said as he hug her tightly making an awkward atmosphere.

"Yey! Congrats. Yes I voted you and believe me or not that vote was sent in the last 1 second and I believed i'm that one." Somi cheered lighting up the atmosphere.

 

___

A month after the finals. PD101 Boys finally released their debut song , guested on variety shows such as Knowing brothers , Weekly Idol , ASC and Running man. Not only the whole group but Samuel as center also had his own guesting and one of the most memorable guesting was on running man. He was a guest with Somi and they became partners in a couple race.

 

Running man:

The first battle is they need to knock down the pairs using a giant cotton bud while standing on a bulk of giant tissue rolls. They first went against Yoo Jaesuk and Kim Jongkook and they knocked them down easily.

"Yeeeeeeey!" They cheered as they hugged each other. Them being cheerful and comfortable makes the members smile widely as if they went back to the past when they are inlove in their teen age.

"Have you been friends for long?" Yoo Jaesuk asked them and they both shake their heads.

"They like each other thats why!" Haha stated and it makes the two shakes their heads again as the others teased them.

"Somi's face is red!" Jihyo teased Somi as she pinches her cheeks while Samuel is just fanning hisself with his hands.

"It's getting hot in here." Samuel said , making the others laugh and tease them more.

 

The show must go on so they stopped their adlib. Next mission is lift up mission. Boy needs to lay down while he needs to lift the girl with his feet. Samuel positioned himself.

"Hey Buddy , I'm not as strong as what you expect. Bear with me if you want to win. Trust me , I got this." Samuel whisphers to Somi, didn't noticed that it was caught my camera and was broadcasted. Because of that , they gained shippers.

 

Somi and Samuel won over Jihyo and Haha and they gained rings with numbers on it. First Somi chose her birthdate so as Samuel. For the next battle , they need to have a telephaty communication. If their answers are'nt matched , the water will splash on them. Somi and Samuel lost with a little diffrerence. This time they're second and they can choose a ring each but they shouldn't show each other's choice.

 

At the end they won and they advanced to the final mission but inorder to win , they must choose the same floor of the building and choose the same ring. First Somi chose three rings.

 

"9 , is my birthdate , 17 is Samuel's birthdate and 15 the date when we both won the center spot , also the date I visited the PD101 set , that's when I met him. If I chose my birthday he probably would choose his birthday so logically , 15 since here is we both have in common and 15 is a memorable date for both of us." Somi said as he picks 15.

 

"Aaaaaw , are they really not in a sort of special relationship?" Kwangsoo commented but Samuel flashes on the screen too.

 

"17 is my birthday , 9 is hers and 15 she visited us in our practice room that's when she left a strong impression to me. She gave us an encouraging words that I will never forget and also 15 is the date when we won. So I choose 15." Samuel said making the others watching them have goosebumps.

 

The staffs asked them to go to their chosen floor so they did.

 

"I'm so nervous. I don't know why but I'm really nervous right now." Samuel said as he stepped in the elevator.

"Are you really just friends?" the PD asked.

"Yes , we are." Samuel shyly stated because he knows that it will be broadcasted.

"Is there a chance that you would date her?"

"It's a lie if I say no." Samuel simply stated as he smiles at the camera. They gained more and more shippers.

 

Same thing happens to Somi. The cameraman also asked her the same thing.

 

"Is there a chance you would date him?"

"Huh? Why are you asking questions like this." She chuckled as she hides her face.

"Fans should know." The camera man said.

"There is? Hmm. There is if he would ask me to." After hesitations Somi finally answered.

 

After few minutes they reached the floor. Samuel arrived first and when he heard a 'ting' from the elevator he turns his head to look and it's Somi standing looking at him from a far.

"Buddyyyyyyy!" They both chant as they met each other halfway for a hug. Somi got teary eyed and it touches everyone's heart.

 

After running man , they received a lot of guestings since a lot of fans ships them and their tandem is really popular. They are labeled as 'US Swaggers' and now the most shippable pair in Hallyu world.

 

-

Running Man broadcast date:

Samuel and Somi are sitting beside each other on a couch and waiting for running man broadcast. At exactly 11pm the show starts . They laugh and sometimes hide their faces when embarrassing moments flashes on screen. They even cursed on the PD , asking why did he put that. They became silent as the final mission came. The screen shows the part when they need to choose a number. Their hearts beats so fast and the atmosphere suddenly became awkward.

 

"Is there a chance that you would date him." Somi's part showed first. Samuel's heart beats so fast and he's really anticipating on her answer.

""There is? Hmm. There is if he would ask me to." Samuel smiled up to his ears and when he looks at Somi , she's hiding her face with the pillow , embarrassed on what she said.

The things suddenly turns when the PD asked Samuel if he would date Somi. Somi released the pillow from his face and anticipates on Samuel's answer.

""It's a lie if I say no." The moment she heard the words , she immediately hides her face again.

 

The broadcast finished and they're both silent. No one dares to talk. The atmosphere is awkward and they're both shy to approach each other.

 

"Date?" They said in chorus as they gain courage. Somi signaled Samuel to speak first.

"If you let me , then date it is. I'm not forcing you but----" Samuel wasn't able to finish his words because Somi cut him .

"Date it is!" Somi said , flashing her brightest smile.

 

_

First date: Samuel decided to bring Somi to an american restaurant since they both missed foods. They ordered a one pound burger and a liter of root beer.

"Here you go." Samuel said as he placed a sliced burger on Somi's plate.

"Here's yours" Somi as she poured root beer on Samuel's glass. They both chuckled and eat happily.

 

They're on fight since there's a food between them. They're silently eating without talking to each other.

"Somi-ya" Samuel brokes the silence making Somi look at him. He doesn't say a word but instead he puts his thumb in Somi's lips corner and brushed the remaining ketchup on it. Somi's eyes widened as she taps Samuel's hand.

"You should have told me!" Somi said tried to hide her reddish face.

"You shouldn't hide it." Samuel stated.

"What?!" Somi said , half annoyed , half unexplainable feeling of inlove.

"You're face , it's cute." and this time she just smiled and didn't hide her reddish face.

 

After eating , they went to the Plaza since it's the last day of Fishcake festival. They walk around beside each other until Samuel reached for her hands. They walked together holding each other hands as they took everything the vendors gave them for free. Gathering almost 10 sticks of free fishcakes in their hands , they decided to sit on the open field and wait for a fireworks show.

 

"Stay there , I'll buy water." Samuel said Somi nodded. Few minutes more Samuel came back with a bottled water and a flower on his hands.

"Water?" Somi asked but Samuel hands him the red rose.

"It looks like you when you blush." Samuel said and he earns a light slap from Somi. He chuckles and sits beside Somi. He extended his hand until it reached somi's shoulder. He suddenly pulls her closer at the same time the fireworks flashes on the sky.

 

While Somi is staring on the sky , Samuel is staring at her without her notice. When Samuel noticed that she's really spaced out because of the fireworks.He took an advantage. He kissed Somi in an instant and immediately run after. Somi's eyes widened and when she noticed that Samuel run away , she runs after him.

 

"YAH! KIM SAMUEL!" She said with all smiles and chase Samuel who's running freely in an open field. Samuel just stick out his tongue and when Somi's coming near him he runs away.

 

They run and run until they got tired , doesn't care about their surroundings. They are just a carefree teenagers who's inlove.

 

__________________

Here goes Somi x Samuel One shot. I hope you'll like it! It's really hard to make this since I need to keep in mind their ages and honestly I don't really know much about them but I hope you would appreciate this work  troubledme836 .

For those who's silently reading , feel free to send your requests too!

@Bteambaby at your service!