Yeunjung x Bae Jinyoung

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections
AN: The Italicized words are the thoughs of the characters.
 
 
One fine day in Hanlim art school. Bae Jinyoung is rushing to go to his classroom because the president might caught him being late and give him a detention pass. He runs until he reached the floor of his classroom. He runs while looking to his phone. He suddenly bumps into someone making his phone dropped.
 
"I'm sorry , I'm sorry. I'll pay for your phone. Find me in any music room. I'm sorry." The girl said , head is bowed. She quickly runs after apologizing and it makes Jinyoung left dumbfounded.
He wasn't able to see her face and his phone is not broken at all , it perfectly works. Find me in any music room , a smile formed in his lips. He shakes his head in amusement and suddenly runs again as he noticed the time.
 
____
It's already lunch break of students with regular classes but not the ones who have a special class , music class to be specific . Jinyoung is on his way to cafeteria as he heard a sound , a voice , a sweet voice as he will describe it. Instead of heading to the cafeteria , his feet suddenly turns right and there the hallway where the music rooms are in. Find me in any music room , he suddenly remembered the girl earlier but the voice somehow pulling him where the singer is in. He can't see where because the rooms here have no window at all.
 
Why I'm hearing the voice? I thought these rooms are soundproof. He asked himself until he noticed an open door. He walks near , and thats it! The voice is coming from the room. He stopped one room apart. There , he was able to hear the voice clearer. It may look strange to others that Bae Jinyoung , the school's number one is sitting like a beggar infront of a music room. He has to protect his image but hearing the voice , he forgot about his world. He thinks that he's in different world. He closed his eyes and just listen to the voice.
 
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44kkdjKtEFY AN: Check this video so you could hear the song too)
 
Her sweet voice , her perfect notes. No flaws at all. It's like a lullaby and Jinyoung thinks the same. Jinyoung eyes were closed as he went to a different world just listening to the voice. He felt his heart pounding hard and beating so fast , but he has nothing to do at all . After almost 3minutes , the song ends but his eyes we're still closed. He noticed that the melody was gone , he slowly opened his eyes. When he finally does , a bunch of students are infront of him and taking a pictures on him. His eyes widened , damn this is really embarrassing. He quickly stand up and glared at everyone. Everyone quickly run away. He doesn't feel like going to class so he stayed in his place , expecting to hear another song.
 
Yeunjung
 
She is practicing in one of the music rooms for their culminating activity coming before the winter break. When she's singing , she literally forgot about everything around her so she wansn't able to notice the fuss outside. She finished singing , she take a water break and then her friend entered the room.
 
"Hey hey! I saw you earlier."
 
"When? I didn't saw you." she replied.
 
"You might got into trouble." her friend said , she just looked at her with 'what do you mean' look.
 
"Okay , I saw you earlier running in the hallway and you bumped into someone right?" She said , Yeunjung nodded in return.
 
"You don't know who you bumped with?" Yeunjung shakes her head. She really doesn't know since she didn't bother to know.
 
"It's Bae Jinyoung! The Top1 and you dared to bumped on him and he dropped his phone and you ran away? So what do you think will happen to you soon?" Her friend said.
 
Yeunjung's eyes widened. She really doesn't know it was him , if it's him then she would stop and quickly buy a new phone for him. It's not that Jinyoung is that scary , but everyone is scared because of his glare. He doesn't have friends and he didn't want to have one. He's alone , all by himself. He doesn't talk to anyone else than the teachers. The students are just scary to approach him when infact , he talks nice to you as a classmate and you can't go through the borders. If you do cross the borders , then say goodbye to your peaceful school life. His fangirls will never leave you alone but then again Jinyoung is not aware that he has fangirls.
 
There was a case when Jinyoung was in lower grade , a girl accidentally spilled juice on him. He just glared at her and walks away. Jinyoung didn't bother to confront the girl but his fangirls does. They locked the girl into the Boys comfort room. She stayed there the whole night. She was discovered the next day , unconcious but still alive.
 
Yeunjung was frozen into her seat. She looks like a blinking statue. Her friend snaps her fingers infront of her face. She came back to her senses and quickly stand up then walks to find Bae Jinyoung. As she stepped out of the room , her body completely froze. Bae Jinyoung is right infront of her but not with a tough look. His eyes are really soft this time and he looks innocent young boy. 
 
"Are you the one singing earlier?" Jinyoung asked , he talked to her. Yeunjung can't gasp with the situation , her heart is beating so fast not because she's fascinated but because she's nervous. There must be an eye looking at them right now. Fangirls.
 
"Ye..yes , I..i am. Is your phone okay? Are you okay? I'm sorry about earlier." She stuttered, worrying that there might be something happen to her.
 
"Yes I'm perfectly fine but my phone not really." Jinyoung said and flashes a smile. Yeunjung eyes widened and her heart starts to pound more and more, can't define wether because his phone got broken or the smile he flashes.
 
She quickly hooked her phone from her pocket.
 
"Here , here , use mine. I'm sorry. It's yours now." Yeunjung said , avoiding an eye contact. Jinyoung chuckled as he grabs the phone.
 
Yeunjung expect him to walk away with the phone but no , he hands her phone back. He just dialled his own number so that he can have Yeunjung's number.
 
"Here , I don't need it . My phone is perfectly fine. Anyway , we've exchanged our numbers now. I'm Bae Jinyoung anyway." Jinyoung said as he offers his hand for a handshake.
 
"Yeunjung , Yoo Yeunjung." Yeunjung said as she quickly takes his hand for a handshake.
 
 
The fangirls watched the whole scene and their temper got into it's limit as they saw Jinyoung smiled infront of her. How can he smile infront of her but not infront of me. Each one of them thinks the same way.
 
Yeunjung's friend taps her shoulder as she was frozen in the place. She came back to her senses and went back inside the studio to drink water. She feels her throath gone dry.
 
"I'm dead." Yeunjung muttered, realizing what happened earlier and expecting what will happen to her later on. Fangirls , they were always around him so there's no way they didn't see me.
 
Jinyoung went back to the classroom , everyone became quiet with his arrival but the fangirls arrived soon after. They glanced at Jinyoung who has his famous poker face on. I never seen him smile until earlier. That girl is dead but because of her we saw him smile. She's still dead. The fangirls thought.
 
Jinyoung hooked his cracked phone from his bag. He opened the missed call logs and saw her number. He smiled , the fangirls noticed it and they all squealed silently. The boys inside was shocked too. Did I just smile? Did I smile because of someone I didn't know? Did I smile because of a girl? He thought. He immediately clears his thoughts and back to his poker face again.
 
Later at night in his room. He can't define his feelings. His heart can't stay still. Whenever he remebers the voice , the face and the moment she bumped into him , his heart is beating so fast. Love at first sight? Love at first heard? Is there something like that? He thought. He quickly went to their house' study room and looked for a book about love. He found it , he scanned it and look at the 'Love at first sight' topic page.
 
Love at first sight - A rare and special feeling of love towards someone you saw for the first time.
 
He read it silently. He shakes his head no , it's not love at first sight, it's love at first heard. There's no such thing but it happened to me. He thought as he put the book back on its shelf.
 
He went back to his room and grabbed his phone.
 
"Hey there , you bumped into me earlier but I wasn't interested at all. I saw someone singing and noticed that it was you. Your voice is really beautiful , I would like to listen to it everyday." He typed with full of confidence. He wasn't the type of guy that hesitates when it comes to a girl and his overflowing feelings somewhat helped him to be more confident. Before he send the message a new message popped up. Who could it be? No one knows my phone number except the girl named Yeunjung. He drafted the message and looked who's the one texted him.
 
It's a group message named 'Bae Jinyoung Oppa jjang!'
 
What the hell is this? Who are you guys? Where did you get my number?
Oppa , is that how you greet us. Well we got your number from Yeunjung in Music room. - Nana
Yeah thanks to her but it somehow became bloody.- Mina
The hell you're talking about Mina? Oppa , bloody doesn't mean we hurt her okay. We're not bad girls. - Hyeri
 
Reading the word bloody , he's smart enough to figure out what happened. He left the group chat and wrote Yeunjung's phone number on a note pad. He quickly grab his home phone and dialled his mom's number.
 
"Hey baby , what do you need?" His mom from the other line said.
 
"Mom , I need new phone right now. New simcard too. RIGHT NOW means right at this time. Go and call a phone shop and deliever it to me right away." He said furiously. His mom frowned but quickly dialled the store number.
 
"Okay dear , the newest model will arrive in a minute." His mom said and he bid a goodbye before hanging up.
 
Few minutes the phone arrived , he lives in the city so everything is an instant. He grabs his new phone and quickly dialled Yeunjung's number. Few rings after , she picked up.
 
"Hello---*cough* *cough* help me." He heard from the other line. She sounds so weak.
 
"Yeunjung? Where are you?" He asked as he cursed his fangirls.
 
"School." She said and the line was cut off.
 
He quickly run to his school which is an elevator ride and a few steps away. The school is just across his house. When he reached the school , he doesn't know where to find her but his feet brings him to music room and there she is lying on the floor barely breath and soon to be unconcious. He walks towards her at the same time her eyes were closed.
 
"Yeunjung!" He said as he quickly grabs her.
_
Yeunjung
 
She woked up with an unfamiliar surrounding. Where I am? Why all white? My room is pink. Her thoughts got cleared when a nurse showed up.
 
 
"It's the school's clinic , Jinyoung called me last night when I was going to sleep and I heard you were here so I quickly went here and I saw you lying on the bed unconcious. He left as soon as I arrived and he told me to tell you open your phone as soon as you're awake. Here." The nurse said and hand the phone to Yeunjung. There's a text message from Bae Jinyoung.
 
What happened to you was all my fault. I'm sorry that my so-called fangirls had to do that. I'll go see you there in the clinic tomorrow. Don't worry you're safe.
 
_
He did as he said , he went to the clinic early in the morning before the other students arrive. He saw Yeunjung ready to leave the room.
 
 
"Yeunjung-ssi." He called her. Omo , why is he here? I might get into trouble again. Eunjung worried.
 
"Oh , you don't have to come." Yeunjung replied. You don't have to , I might be a dead body later on.
 
"No , I had to. Are you going home just now?" He said. He looked so concern.
 
"Yeah , I need to change my clothes. 2hours before the class , you're already here?" He's too early. It's only 6am and classes starts at 8am. Nurse left me earlier , I was afraid alone here so good thing he came.
 
"Yes , I told you , i'll come to see you. I feel really guilty on what happened to you. Don't worry , you're now safe. I already get rid of them. You won't be seeing them anymore." I felt so touched with his words , why does everyone including me got afraid of him in the first place? He's not scary at all.
 
"You don't really have to do that." Yeunjung replied.
 
"Yes I do , anyway how can I pay you? Do you need anything?" Is there anything I need? Nothing I think.
 
"Nothing , getting rid of that girls is enough." Yeunjung assured him.
 
"If you need something call me right away , anything will do." Why he acts so nice.
 
"Thank you. I need to go now , if you don't mind." Yeunjung excused herself since she needs to go home , no one's in the house the whole night. Her family is on business trip.
 
"Mind if I send you home?" Jinyoung asked her. Oh now he's offering to send me home. Damn why my heart is beating fast.
 
"No , you don't have to." Yeunjung replied. Oh damn did I just offer to send her home? I'm getting crazy. He thought as Yeunjung declined his offer.
 
Yeunjung left and Jinyoung was left alone in the clinic dumbfounded. He's thinking about the things he just said a while ago. What's happening to me? Did I just act nice infront of someone? What happened to my tough self? Why is she making me like this? What's happening to me? His thoughts got cleared as his old phone rings , just a push up notification from SNS.
_______
It's been a week since the incident happened to Yeunjung and it's been a week too since they contact each other through text messages , sometimes call. Jinyoung knows what he feels and it's not bad if he would entertain his own feelings . On Yeunjung's side , she's just being friendly , that what she thinks she feels. No one dared to bother Yeunjung anymore since she is being protected with the school's number one.
 
"Yeunjung -ssi " The teacher called her name so she walks forward to the teacher's table.
 
"Yes Maam?"
 
"Look , I know you want to be a singer and you really stand out on your music class but on your academics no. I think you need to do something. The finals is coming and your current performances is not that good. You can have a tutor but make sure not the illegal one and just to remind you , you can't join the culminating activity if you failed your acads." The teacher told her as she hand her report card.
 
She scanned her report card and it somehow makes her want to disappear right in the moment because of embarrassment . She's also aware that she don't do well in acads but she didn't expect that it will be this low. "If you need something call me right away , anything will do."  She suddenly remembered what Jinyoung told her. Isn't it taking advantage if I asked for his notes? She thought. But I can't join if I failed. Should I give it a try? She shakes her head as she lean her head on her desk. It's stressing!
 
 
Later at lunch , Yeunjung walks alone to the cafeteria. She's just staring on her food. She feels lifeless and hopeless. Should I really ask for his help? Should I tell him that my Acads failed? It's embarrassing.
 
"Yeunjung-ah!" She came back on her senses as Jinyoung called her , tables away from her. It also caught the other students' attention. Yeunjung wasn't able to reply so Jinyoung runs to her and sit infront of her.
 
"Why are you---" She's about to asked him what is he doing there but she got cut off.
 
"Let's share table. You look so lonely. Anything bad happened?" He asked. He looked worried and concern.
 
"No its just that uhm..." She's hesitating If she should tell him or what.
 
"Oh is this your report card?" Jinyoung suddenly pulls the card she was holding.
 
He scanned the card and noticed that it was not good so he feels sorry.
 
"That uhm , I..." No words can come out from . She is really embarrassed.
 
"I'm sorry....uhm .. do you need help.. you know I can lend you my notes." Jinyoung apologizes , he didn't know that her grades were that bad.
 
"Really! Thanks!" This time Yeunjung didn't hesitate to accept his offer. He offered it so I will gladly accept it.
 
"Maybe it will be a little complicated to you to understand my notes , I can do tutoring too." He said. Tutoring? Isn't it too much? But I have no other choice. I want to join the culminating activity.
 
"I know it's rude to ask you to tutor me but I really don't have a choice. Sorry if i'm such a nuisance but I want to join the culminating----" She got cut off once again.
 
"Enough , there's nothing wrong tutoring you. I am glad to be honest because I can be with you a lot of times." Jinyoung said and flashes a smile . It makes the other students gasp , they can't believe that Jinyoung can smile like that. Same case with Yeunjung , she was frozen with the sudden smile attack.
 
I can be with you a lot of times. What does he mean? She thought.
 
"O-okay if you say so-- but where?" She suddenly became shy upon hearing his words and she stuttered on her words. She feels like her cheeks are burning red.
 
"Your place or mine? You decide since you're the student here." Jinyoung asked , he noticed Yeunjung's blushing but didn't bother to comment since it will ruin the atmosphere.
 
"M.mine." Yeunjung , hesitated before deciding.
 
-
The first day of tutoring starts today. Yeunjung asked their stay out maid to clean the house since there will be a guest which is Jinyoung. She's still alone at home at this moment. They decided to go together since their classes ends at the same time. So now , they just reached home.
 
"No one's here , my family is on business trip so I'm all alone." Yeunjung said as she turn on the lights.
 
"You must be so lonely." Jinyoung commented as he scanned the surrounding with a simple interior design.
 
"Yes I do and I'm glad you texted and called me these past few days so I'm not lonely at all." She said, Jinyoung smiled upon hearing her words.
 
"My pleasure to give you an entertainment. It's good that we're the only ones here now. I want to tell you something."
 
"What?"
 
"Later when the tutoring is finished. Where will we do it anyway?"
 
"On my room , go upstairs and turn right. I'll be there soon , i'll just get some snack for us."
 
 
Bae Jinyoung went upstairs ahead of Yeunjung , he reached the room and entered. He saw a huge portrait of Yeunjung alone , all smiles and it makes his heart pound again. Her room is really neat. Everything is well organized. Jinyoung went to the study table since he thinks that's the appropriate place for him. Yeunjung entered with a sandwich and juice in the tray. She placed it aside and immediately opens Jinyoung's notes.
 
"You can eat first , I'll go scan this notes first." Yeunjung said without looking.
 
Seems like she's not interested at me at all so should I continue what I planned? He asked himself as there's no hint of interest coming from Yoojung. He just quickly finished the food served for him and then sit back beside Yeunjung. They are really close to each other right now and it makes their hearts beat so fast. 
 
He teached Yeunjung the basics first and when finished he decided to make a short quiz for her.
 
"Eat your food first , i'll make a quiz." Jinyoung said. Yeunjung didn't moved but instead she grabs the sandwich and ate it while reading. Without her notice , Jinyoung was staring at her from the start. She's so beautiful. Not only her voice but she herself in and out. He thought. He saw there's a mayonaise left in the corner of Yeunjung's lips. He hesitated at first but slowly put his thumb to wipe it off. Yeunjung eyes widened and looked at Jinyoung.
 
"So..somethings there."
 
"Th..thanks."
 
They both stutter but doesn't leave both of their gazes. They stared at each other for a while.
 
"*cough* *cough*" Yeunjung cough awkwardly as she broke their gazes. Her cheeks are burning red right now.
 
"How..how should I do this?" Yeunjung asked help for one of the problems. Jinyoung leans closer to her as he points out the necessary parts.
 
"It's that easy." Jinyoung said and pulled away. His cheeks are getting red too.
 
Few minutes , Yeunjung finished answering the quiz and when Jinyoung checked it , it's perfect.
 
"Perfect! I knew you can do it!" He said and suddenly pulls Yeunjung for a hug but quickly pulls away. It suddenly became awkward once again.
 
"I think that's all for today. Let's continue some other time." Yeunjung said as she quickly stand up. It's only the basics but I can't take the awkward atmosphere anymore. I think my heart is going to drop anytime and my cheeks will be burned. She thought , she was about to walk away but Jinyoung suddenly pulls her and placed her right infront of him. He looked at her right into her eyes. I think there's no other chance if I didn't do it now. He took a deep breath.
 
"Yeunjung , do you remember when you bumped into me. I wasn't intrested at all but suddenly I heard your voice , it feels like i'm in different world when hearing the sweet voice of yours." He started. Omo , what he is doing. Is he confessing. Yeunjung thought and suddenly her face is a tint of pink.
 
"What are you sa..say..ying." She stuttered , her wrists are still locked up by Jinyoung's hands.
 
"I think i'm inlove at first heard , yes I know there's no such thing but thing happened to me. Sooner I realized that it's not only your voice that is beautiful."
 
"Hey are you out of your mind?" Yeunjung tried to light up the atmosphere.
 
"Listen , Yoo Yeunjung , you are beautiful inside and out and I like everything about you. I like you and I am falling for you.." and there it is! He confessed his feelings. Damn , did I just confess my feelings , what if I got rejected? Should I just go abroad. Why is she emotionless. He thought but quickly got cleared up when Yeunjung kissed him.....on cheeks. His eyes widened and blood rushes up to his cheeks.
 
Yeunjung was shocked on her action too so she quickly look down. Jinyoung chuckled and lifted her face.
 
"This is how you do it." He said as he leans closer to Yeunjung. Their faces are milimeters apart. Their noses touched each other and sooner their lips brushed into each other. Jinyoung gave her a peck since they're just high schoolers.
 
They both smile widely and hugged each other.
 
_
With the help of Jinyoung , Yeunjung passes all of her exams. She's allowed to join the culminating activity and now she's already in the school's gym. Jinyoung is still not there since he still have classes.
 
"The best singer will be given a chance to perform solo on our music festival at the end of school year. Contestants please come up now." The MC called the contestants one by one. Yeunjung chose the last turn since she's waiting for Jinyoung.
 
It is already Yeunjung's turn but there's no trace of Jinyoung around. The MC is already calling her. She took a deep breath and went up. Disappointed but still she performed well. When she walk down the stage , Jinyoung was there with a boquet of flowers.
 
"Yah! Why you didn't watch me!" Yeunjung whined as she grabs the flowers from Jinyoung's hand furiously.
 
"I didn't watched but I listened right here in this place. Your voice brought me to a different world and I forgot to sit right there on the audience. Sorry okay." Jinyoung said , apologetic.
 
Yeunjung smiled and pulled him for a hug.
 
 
 
_____________
I'm sorry if you didn't like it. Sorry if it's too long. If you read your requested oneshot please leave a comment so that we will notice if you guys finally read it. One comment is precious to us and well appreciated by us. Thanked us or cheer us , you can also tell us what you feel about the oneshot. TELL US YOUR HONEST THOUGHTS. IT WILL HELP US IMPROVE. Thank you!
 
Fact: I made Bae Jinyoung scary because he really is. Look into his eyes and eyebrows. He looks scary right?