PDX: Lee Hangyul x Noh Jisun

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

shadowshly: Hangyul x Non Jisun – they are neighbor on apartment and Jisun is getting annoyed by Hangyul being noisy every night.

 

After a long and tiring day in College, Jisun is sleeping soundly on her bed until she heard a commotion coming from the other unit.

“OKAAAAAAY! YOU LOSE!”

“WHAT NO! YOU CHEATED!”

“SHHHH, CHO SEUNGYOUN’S BLACK CARD IS MINE FOR A DAY!”

“YOURS ALONE?”

“FREE LUNCH TOMORROW DEAR FRIENDS, BROUGHT TO YOU BY CHO SEUNGYOUN’S CARD VIA LEE HANGYUL!”

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! LET’S GO PARTY!!!”

 

“Argh! Here they go again. Why they are being so loud at this hour.” She rants to herself as she covers her ears with pillows but no use since the commotion from the other room gets louder. Earlier they were playing games and now they are drinking, singing, and dancing as if they are having a party.

 

“THINGS HAVE REALLY CHANGED YEAH!” – Jisun could only stare at the ceiling thinking on what did she do to deserve this. It is obviously her loud neighbor – Hangyul singing together with his friends.

“UMJIKYO!”

“YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!”

As the other room gets louder, the more Jisun is getting impatient but she couldn’t do anything since she doesn’t own the whole complex to stop the others having fun. She let it go and tried her best to fall asleep.

 

The next day, dark circles are very obvious under Jisun’s eyes, proof that she did not get a good sleep. She sighed in disbelief as she looks at her face, the Six-C or the Six-Crazy guys – as she calls them, did it again.

 

“Good Morning my neighbor!” Hangyul greeted her as they came out of their units at the same time.

“What’s good in the morning?” She asked him and rolled her eyes.

 

“Is that your way of saying “good morning” to your neighbor?” Hangyul says as he checks if his door is already locked.

 

“Nothing’s good in the morning for people who did not get enough sleep.” She replied sarcastically but Hangyul didn’t seem to get it.

 

“Alright, bad morning to you then.” He said with sheepish smile before walking away.

 

“If only I have money to get a unit somewhere else.” Jisun talks to herself as she also made her way to school.

 

She went straight to her first period classes and tried her best to keep herself awake during the boring discussion of World History. She keeps yawning and her eyes were falling down, luckily her seatmate is considerate enough to tap her shoulders to wake her up.

 

“Noh Jisun, I hate it when someone yawns in my class. Get enough sleep next time. Class dismissed” The Professor told her. “Is it my fault that your class is really boring?”

 

“Hey, why are you so sleepy? You should have slept more, maybe you watched a series again.” Her friend Jiwon asks her.

 

“No, I really tried to sleep early because I was so tired yesterday but this neighbor of mine and his friends are really loud and crazy. They had party last night and it was so loud.”

 

“Your neighbor Lee Hangyul?”

 

“Who else?”

 

“No one could stop him from being loud.”

 

“so as his friends.”

 

“Bear with it as long as you can. I’m having lunch with my boyfriend now so, I’ll go now.”

 

“Alright, I’ll sleep here for few minutes.”

 

After Jiwon left, she immediately leans on the desk and sleep. On the other hand, Hangyul and his friends who are obviously mobile game addicts are on their way to their usual meeting place to have a round of game before their classes resumes.

 

“Let’s have game on your unit later Hangyul.” Says Kookheon who is busy setting up the game on his mobile as they walk along the hallway.

“I have to study for exams later. Tomorrow night will do.”

“Ey, when did you start having interest on studies?”

“Just this morning I guess?”

“Let’s just have a game or two later, we don’t need to meet up just stay on your caves.”

 

-

“YAH YAH! HYUNBIN-AH OVER HERE!”

“FCK MY CHARACTER DIED!”

“ARGH YOU’RE REALLY WEAK!”

“I DON’T WANT YOU IN MY TEAM NEXT TIME.”

“WATCH ME WIN THIS ROUND FOR OUR TEAM!”

“YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHO’S WEAK HUH? WHO’S WEAK!”

“EY! JINHYUK IS OBVIOUSLY THE BLAC HOLE IN OUR TEAM.”

“YOUR CHARACTER DIED TWICE!”

 

Jisun thought she was having a dream. All she hears are loud screams and trash-talks from the boys but when she heard a particular voice, all her senses got waken-up. She opens her eyes slowly and as her visions got clear, she saw a group of guys on the other side of the room playing mobile games. They really got into her nerves this time.

 

“YAH!” she shouts at them making them divert their attention to her and end the game with defeat.

 “Can’t you see that I was sleeping here? Why don’t you be considerate enough? You guys are so rude.” She rants, the other boys were taken aback and couldn’t say anything.

 

“Miss, you don’t own this room or this school. We have equal rights here; we all pay tuition fees. If you want to sleep then go home. This is not a place for you to sleep.” Hangyul told her with straight face. She couldn’t take it anymore so she decided to get out of the room.

 

“Well next time, let me sleep in peace so I won’t be sleeping anywhere.” She says before walking out.

 

“Is it my fault that she couldn’t sleep last night? Why is she blaming me? She’s the one being rude earlier. I really hate her.” He rants to his friends but they were busy laughing at him

 

“Hate is a strong word.” Jinhyuk told him.

 

“Hate her now, Love her later.” Seungyoun added and the teasing started.

-

Later at night, when Jisun got home, she finally felt peace. No shouting, no trash-talking, no singing, no rapping, in short no commotion from the other room. She wonders why but she’s more thankful since she has to study for the exams they have for tomorrow.

She did her usual routine – washing, cooking, eating, then finally starts to study before going to sleep. The exam requires memorization so she’s more than thankful that the other room is quiet.

 

She’s reciting the parts of the body she has to memorize. She’s close to end but suddenly she hears a scream from the other room.

 

“VICTORY!!!” – he’s none other than her neighbor Lee Hangyul. I thought I’m finally at peace tonight. I should never expect too much. Her neighbor is being loud again. With or without his friends in his unit, he’s loud.

She gave up on memorizing her lessons, she can still study later when her neighbor is finally sleeping. For the mean time, she looks for a new apartment on her social media but the units are all pricey and her current unit is the best she can get with her budget. She sighs, trying to accept the reality.

-

“No Jisun’s rank went down.”

Hangyul without his friends is walking to the bulletin board to check the latest rank per courses. He wants to check if his rank went at least one rank higher. All he hears as he walks are students talking about his neighbors rank going down so he got curious to the point that he even checked her rank first before his.

It’s true, her rank went 3 ranks down. He saw her standing in front of the rankings looking sad and disappointed.

“Hey its fine, you can do well again next term.” He tries to cheer her up as if they were close friends. Jisun looks at him and he did not expect what she did next.

 

“This is all because of you. If only you’ve been considerate of your neighbor then this would not happen. All you did is being loud every day, every night without thinking of your surroundings. Can you and your friends just shut your mouths just for a night before exams? That’s all that I want.” She says and walks out immediately after her last words. Hangyul froze and couldn’t move until Byungchan taps his shoulders.

 

“You should apologize bro.”

“I don’t get it. Why is she putting the blame on me? Is it my fault that she didn’t do well on her exams?”

“You can be really dense, dumb, and clueless sometimes.”

“I still don’t get it.”

“You’re being loud every night. We’re being loud every other night and you still don’t get it.”

“I thought the room’s sound proof!”

“Do you think there’s an sound proof apartment for only a little amount of rent every month?!”

“She can ask me to stop being loud but she did not so I thought…”

“Stop giving yourself excuses. You messed up and you have to apologize properly.”

“Argh! Fine, I’ll do it.”

-

Jisun felt relieved after her confrontation with Hangyul but later on, she felt guilty. She thought that she should never embarrass a person in front of other students like that. She lets her emotions control her and now she’s guilty. She tried to divert her thoughts to other things so she kept herself busy. She cleaned every corner of the apartment.

As she went out to throw the trash is the same time Hangyul arrived. Their eyes met but they both ignored each other. I’ll apologize tomorrow –they both have the same thoughts.

 

Hangyul is not being loud and Jisun is finally sleeping peacefully – a rare situation happening at their apartment complex tonight. Jisun is sleeping soundly while Hangyul is having a hard time. His guilt is eating him alive and he couldn’t sleep. He kept texting his friends on what would he do and all they suggest is to give her a breakfast. How would I do that? I never tried cooking in my entire life. Jinhyuk then suggested to just get her milk and sandwich from the convenience store.

-

Jisun was surprise upon seeing a carton of her favorite banana milk together with ham sandwich in front of her door. She thought someone just dropped it there but when she picked it up it says “I’m sorry for being insensitive” ­–LHG. She felt guilt once again but she unknowingly smiled this time. I’m going to say thank you and apologize to him later when I saw him.

 

She went to school with the milk and sandwich on her bag. Since she already had her breakfast, she decided to just take it for snack later. She’s extra blooming and in good mood today and everyone could notice it.

 

“Seems like you had a good sleep huh? Your neighbor finally gave you peace and quiet.” Jiwon says upon noticing that her dark circles are gone.

 

“Well yeah but I felt guilty though.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I scolded him in front of the other students yesterday and I felt bad.”

 

“It’s okay everyone can be blinded by emotions so you can just apologize to him.”

 

“That’s what I’ll do. He already apologized to me anyway.”

 

-

Later at lunch, she saw Hangyul and his friends at the cafeteria. She hesitated to approach him because his friends are there and they would probably tease them so she waited until he separated from his friends. She saw him walking out from the cafeteria so she followed him secretly until they reached the dance room. She did not follow him inside, she just peeked through the slight opening of the door. He’s a dancer, so that’s why I heard loud music and 8 counts at night.

“Woah, he’s really good. I only thought of him as a jerk neighbor but I never expected that he’s good at dancing. Oh wait, he sings too. His voice is so deep and charismatic.” She thought as she watched him dance and sing along the music.

 

“What are you doing?” she almost had a heart attack when Hangyul suddenly opens the door.

“Uh… Can we…uhm…talk?” she stutters as she gets flustered by his sudden appearance and they were like standing few inches apart from each other now.

“We’re talking now.” He said with straight face as he couldn’t find the right expression since he was also surprised. Is he mad at me?

“Look, if you’re mad at me then I’m sorry. I was blinded by emotions and it wasn’t my intention to embarrass you in front of the students. I’m sorry.” She says as if she’s rapping.

“Hey slow down. Why are you saying sorry? I deserve it, I am the one who should apologize so uhm you did you saw the…” Hangyul told her as he chuckles. Thank God he’s not mad.

“Milk and the sandwich? Yeah I did, thank you, I have them here. These are my favorites, what a coincidence.” Jisun replies while taking out the milk and sandwich from her bag.

“Well it’s not, I told my friend to ask Jiwon.”

“Jiwon?”

“Your friend, Jinhyuk’s girlfriend.”

“Ah I see, so are we good now?” she asks. Of course we are.

“Maybe if you could help me with calculus, I have quiz tomorrow.” Hangyul joked but she took it seriously.

“Sure, so let’s meet at the library?”

“We can just go to my unit or yours.”

“We are not even friends to let each other in.”

“Then let’s be friends.”

“Not too fast, mega phone.”

“Mega phone?!”

“because you’re too loud.”

“whatever nerd.”

“Uh are you guys done now? Can you move aside so I can come in.” – says Jinhyuk who was watching them the whole time.

“Oh sorry I didn’t know you were there.” Jisun apologizes and Jinhyuk just smiled.

“Congrats on your love life bro.”

 

AN: 10k characters, 2k words only for Lee Hangyul. I USED A LOT OF CAPS LOCK TO EMPHASIZE HOW LOUD THEY ARE HAHAHA. I’m sorry if this could not reach up to your expectation, I don’t really know Jisun but I tried my best to make this one so here you go.

*Thanks to you who’s been here since I opened this for Wannaone and I.O.I*

[!!!] STILL OPEN FOR REQUESTS.