Guanlin x Doyeon

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

 

" Is this why you asked me to learn Chinese eversince I was a kid?!" Kim Doyoung said , crying and shouting over her parents.

 

Her parents went home unlike they usually does. She was shocked with their sudden arrival. They're almost NEVER at home , Korea to be in general because they were always in China for business. They went home to inform Doyeon about her marriage. She's going the marry the son of their business partner.

 

Her parents just let her cry and shout at them. They waited until she finally calmed down.

 

"Honey , it's for your own sake too. To be honest , we didn't come home for months because we're trying to save our business which is near bankrupcy. Luckily , Lai family agreed to merge with us but that will happen when you marry their son named Guanlin." Her father explained while rubbing her back to make her stay calm.

"It's not that hard to love someone , that's what happened to me and your dad. We doesn't care about each other at first but sooner we realized that we loved each other and we don't want to separate anymore." Her mother added and pulls her on her arms.

Doyeon knows that she can't do anything but to act nice around her parents. I agreed but it doesn't mean that I will be a good wife. Cheating is valid nowadays anyway. She thought . Her thoughts were cleared up when her mom enters the room with a make up artist? That's what she think.

"Honey , they will arrive soon. She'll help you for a make over and the dress I bought yesterday , wear it." Her mom said as she points the girl beside her. She waved before walking out of the room.

Now Doyeon and the make up artists was left. Doyeon didn't bother to smile infront of her make up artists. She acted really cold around her. The make up artist got chills because of Doyeon's cold look. They were really quiet the whole time. After the make over , the make up artist left. Doyeon stared at the dress , it's an all-white dress that fits her fair skin. She stared at it emotionless but soon a tear is jerking on the side of her eyes. She quickly shakes her head to stop herself from crying. She took a deep breath and luckily the tears didn't flow.

After few minutes the guests arrived. She looked at them from the second floor of the house. Her dad noticed her looking.

"Oh there she is! Doyeon honey , come down now." Her dad said in chinese and she completely understand it. She flashes a smile before turning her back. She balled up her fists and shrug off then calmed herself. She walks into the stairs, every steps she took the more her heart feels heavy. She took a deep breath and tapped her chest. As she reached the last step , Guanlin came to her and it makes their parents squeal like teen agers. She smiled at Guanlin before taking his hands.

They all went to the dining room and waited until the foods are complete. They talked about the wedding related matters. Doyeon doesn't have an interest so she just agreed on whatever they said.

"What if two wedding ceremonies? One in china , one here in Korea?" Guanlin's father suggested.

"No hon , let's just hold the wedding here in Korea since she's the girl one here." Guanlin's mother opposed.

 

That's it , the wedding was planned in an instant. A church wedding since they have the same religion which is Catholic , yes it's rare but both families are an exemption.

"Why don't you talk to each other for a moment before we go?" Guanlin's mother told Doyeon. Doyeon flashes a smile and stand up.

"Bring him on the garden Honey." Her mother said so she did.

 

She acts nice when they're eyed by their parents but when they reached the garden , the cold Doyeon came back. They sit on the bench infront of the swimming pool.

"You're a great actress." Guanlin commented , Doyeon frowned.

"Well you're a great actor. How can you act nice infront of your parents? Give me some tips." Doyeon said emotionless while looking from a far.

"Just act out what they want to see and you nailed it earlier. It's a compliment." Guanlin stated with a smirk.

"Not because I will be your wife , I will act nice infront of you. We're not even friends so don't act nice to me either."

"As if I want to be your husband either. Your family's business is dropping you should thank me." Guanlin stated , Doyeon got annoyed with his cockiness.

"Well thank you!" Doyeon said sarcastically.

"Let's just fake everything." Guanlin said , it makes Doyeon look at him and smiled.

"Great idea , well that's what we'll do anyways. Let's fake everything , that we both want to get married , we're happy , we're good to each other and everything on wedding ceremony , especially the kiss. Let's act it out and fake it all." Doyeon replied. Both of them chuckled as they look at each other but quickly look away. 
 

He's not annoying at all.
She's not annoying at all.

They thought, but quickly cleared it up as the anger and annoyance rises again. They we're silent the whole time until they heard the voices of their parents. They quickly moved close to each other and act like talking and laughing when infact they were so annoyed.

"Oh look at you guys , you get along with a short period of time but we need to go now. See you soon again Doyeon honey." Guanlin's mother walks towards them and gave Doyeon a hug. She hugged back and smirked since no one can notice.

 

After the guests left , Doyeon immediately went up to her room. She's happy that she's on the same boat with Guanlin but she feels guilty for her parents at the same time. Tears are jerking on her eyes again but her mom entered the room.

"Hey mom , what brought you here. Rest now." Doyeon said while wiping of the tears in the corner of her eyes.

"Honey , you will be heading to China next week with Lai family."

"What?!"

"We all had an agreement that before the wedding you should live together so you will get to know each other very well. It's a chance to learn loving each other too." Her mom said . Live together? Aren't they being too much. What can I do? Act it out Kim Doyeon. Fake everything. She thought upon hearing her mother.

"That's a good thing for us Mom." Doyeon said and faked a smile.

"I'm so blessed to have an understanding and loving daughter." Her mom said and hugs her. Here comes the guilt strike.

_
A week after

Doyeon is now already in China , they arrived few minutes ago and now Guanlin's parents left them since they also have a meeting to go and they are going to be late. They are just waiting for the butler who will bring them to the house given to them. Few minutes after the butler arrived. Guanlin quickly get in the passenger seat. The butler opened the door for Doyeon at the back seat. How gentleman my soon to be husband is. Doyeon thought and she get in the car too. 

 

Few minutes of car ride , they reached an exclusive village where the house is in. The car stopped infront of an elegant looking house. It's an all white house , not that big and not so small. It's an average but looks elegant than the others. The butler left as soon as they got off with their luggages. Now , the two of them are the only ones in the house. They scanned the house , there's a kitchen and a living room in the first floor. There's an entertainment room , study room and bed room in the second floor. Knowing that there's only one bedroom makes them angry.

 

"I thought you're so so so rich so why there's only one room and there's no maid?" Doyeon complained as she scanned the bed room with only one bed , a huge television , aircon , bathroom , walk in closet and a sofa.

"Don't blame me okay! Blame our parents." Guanlin said and left the room annoyed , he heads to the kitchen and there he found a letter on the refrigerator's door.

 

Honeys , we want you to know how the marriage life works. Do your job as husband and wife. No maid since you need to learn doing household. It's a chance to get to know each other! We'll visit you once in a week. Doyeonie , you're parents will visit too. Please be good to each other and I hope living together works. I hope you'll learn to love each other soon.

 

It's a handwritten letter from Guanlin's mom. Doyeon soon followed him and noticed the letter.

 

"What's that?" She asked.

"Read it." Guanlin said as hands the letter to Doyeon. Doyeon scanned it but her eyebrows met each other since she can't read chinese characters.

"Nevermind , I can't read it. Hey cook food , i'm hungry." Doyeon said and ordered Guanlin a chore.

"Who says I'll cook for you? and besides you're the girl here , the wife so you should cook for your husband."

"I don't know how to cook." She said. Well what can I do? She's a rich spoiled girl. Guanlin thought.

"Nevermind , I'll just order pizza." He said as he dialled a number on his phone.

"Good, now i'll go to the bedroom and sleep." Doyeon said and about to go upstairs but Guanlin stops her.

"Who says the bed is yours? You sleep on the sofa the bed is mine." Guanlin said.

"Wow how gentleman my husband." Doyeon replied , annoyed.

"Well this is not your property my wife." Guanlin said , he's right since it's his family's property.

"Toss coin." Doyeon suggested.

"Huh?"

"The bed is at stake , who wins will take the bed. We'll do this everyday so that we both have a chance to sleep comfortably."

"The bed is king size it fits for the two of us so let's just----" Guanlin said , he wants to suggest to just sleep together.

"No! I won't sleep beside you! Never ever!" Doyeon cut him off.

"Stagy Kim Doyeon." He commented and smirked.

"Whatever , go get a coin!" Doyeon ordered as she rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay calm down" Guanlin said and hooks a coin from his pocket.

 

Doyeon wins so she will use the bed for now. They only ate Pizza since they both don't know how to cook. After eating , they cleaned themselves before going to bed.

 

"Goodnight!" Doyeon said , teasing Guanlin who's laying on the sofa instead on the bed.

Guanlin just rolled his eyes and sleep. Doyeon giggled before she tucked in herself on the blanket.

_

Weeks later their life cycle is still the same. Woke up in the morning , order food , go to the entertainment room , order food , play again , use phone , browse on web , order food , toss coin and sleep. Today is an exemption , they receive a message from their parents and they are going to visit them today.

 

"Hey act sweet infront of them okay." Guanlin ordered Doyeon.

"Act gentleman okay." Doyeon ordered Guanlin.

 

They are just sitting in the living room and having a movie marathon. They are sitting on the both edges of the sofa ,far from each other. Few minutes later , they heard a beep and the door opens. They quickly move close to each other. Guanlin wraps his arm around Doyeon's shoulder and Doyeon leans her head on Guanlin's shoulder.

 

"Oh my god! Honey pies. I knew it! You'll learn how to love each other soon." Guanlin's mom said as she runs to approach the two. The two acts shocked and quickly welcomed their parents in.

"Seems like they are ready to get married." Doyeon's mom commented.

"Are you guys eating well? I put alot of foods in the fridge. Are they all gone." Guanlin's mom. Their eyes widened. The fridge is still untouched and all the foods we're still there.

"O-ofcourse mom , infact we're planning to go to the grocery today but you came. Mom , Auntie , I'll tour you in the house. I'll show you our room. Doyeonie sweetie , get a juice for our moms." Guanlin said saving theirselves. Trash them all!  He mouthed and Doyeon got it.

 

Doyeon went to the kitchen and quickly put all the foods in the trash bag and she hide it in an empty cabinet. She quickly get three glasses and filled it with a strawberry juice.

 

After few hours , their moms got a call from the company so they need to go. The two of them were left alone again. They sighed in relief as they saw the car move and went out of their sight.

"I'll go out , I'm stressed , I'll go to the bar." Guanlin said and quickly walks away.

 

Bar? He'll dance with other women? He'll drink alcohol and when alcohol eat him up , he'll lose his senses and then what? He'll woke up with a girl. Doyeon thought but quickly cleared the thoughts away. Why the hell I care. Even he sleep with thousand of women I don't care!  Doyeon thought and furiously grab the trash bag.

 

"Hey before you go , put this on the trash can outside!" Doyeon shouts at Guanlin's who's already in his car. Guanlin stepped out of the car and grab the trash bag annoyed.

 

_

It's already dawn but Guanlin is still not home. Doyeon got annoyed and she locked the door and the gate so that he won't be able to enter the house. 2AM , Doyeon heard a beep. She ignored it but a lot of beeps come soon after so she look into it and it's Guanlin's car outside. She went out to open the gate but she saw Guanlin with a girl.

 

"Go and bring my car , just return it to me tomorrow." Guanlin told the girl and kissed her cheeks. Doyeon suddenly got annoyed and angry so she went back inside and locked everything then turn off the lights leaving drunk Guanlin alone in the street. She went back to the bed , angry and annoyed , she looks at Guanlin through the window and he's there pushing the doorbell but she turned it off. What got into me , why am I so angry and annoyed. Am I jealous? Hell no , he's just so annoying so he better sleep outside.

 

4AM in the morning , Doyeon heard raindrops. Oh it's raining , so good. I love hearing raindrops when I sleep. She thought and closed her eyes again. Her eyes suddenly widened in realization. Damn , Guanlin is still outside? or he went to the girl's house? She thought as she run to the window and there she saw Guanlin leaning is body on the gate and soaked by the rain. He might get sick! You're so mean Kim Doyeon. She thought and she quickly turn on the lights and rush to the gate.

 

"Hey , hey wake up." She said as she taps Guanlin's cheeks. He's awake but he's so weak.

"How..dare...you...locked...the...doors.." Guanlin said and tried to stand up but he can't do it alone so Doyeon helped him. She puts his arm over her shoulders and walk him inside the house. She dropped him on the sofa and quickly get a towel for each of them. She turned off the centralized aircon since it's too cold for them to handle. They are both soaked by the rain.

 

"Hey wake up , change your clothes or else you'll get sick." Doyeon said as she wipes Guanlin's face down to his neck. Guanlin stared at her. She's so beautiful. She's perfect. She's likeable . She has everything no doubt I'm inloved at first sight. He thought as he pulls Doyeon and she lands on top of him. Her eyes widened in shock but seeing Guanlin's gaze , she couldn't move her eyes away too. 

 

Guanlin hold her chin and moved her face closer to him. They're gaze didn't broke. He leans his face forward to met her halfway. He kissed her. What is he doing. Doyeon asked in her thoughts but immediately gives in. She kissed him back.Both of their hearts are beating so fast at the moment as they kiss each other. When the realization hits Doyeon , she quickly pulls away and look away.

 

"You're so beautiful do you know that?" Guanlin said as he brushed Doyeon's hair covering her face with his hands. What is he saying , he must be so drunk.

"The moment I saw you in person , I fell inlove. Believe me or not , I love you and i'm falling deeper." Guanlin cupped her face to make her look into his eyes.

"You--you must be--so drunk." Doyeon stuttered as she look away again. Drunk? He doesn't smell like alcohol tho. 

"No , i'm perfectly fine. Will you stop hating me? Will you learn how to love me ....back?" He said as he looked straight into Doyeon's eyes.

"Then , why did you..kiss the...girl---"

"She's my cousin, should I just give my car away if she isn't?" He explained.

"How can I believe you. You must be so drunk to confess like this." Doyeon said.

"No i'm not , believe me or not. I love you and I want you to love me back. I just act like I didn't because I'll fall deeper if I do. It doesn't work , making you annoyed , treating you like nothing , it doesn't help me. It makes me fall deeper. It's okay if you don't love me but I hope you'll learn how to love me back." Hearing those words makes Doyeon's heart beat faster than usual. She felt her cheeks are getting red. She cupped it and look away but Guanlin makes her look at him again. Seeing her reddish face makes Guanlin giggle. He gave Doyeon a peck before standing up.

 

Am I inlove too? Do I love him too? When did I? She was left dumbfounded. She felt cold too so she went upstairs to change her clothes. As she went to the bed room she saw Guanlin lying on the sofa. It doesn't fit him at all since he looks so uncomforbale. Doyeon hesitated if she should wake him up and let him use the bed.

 

"Guanlin , wake up." She said as she lightly taps his cheeks.

"Hmmm."

"Wake up , use the bed it's okay."

"Huh?"

"Come on , it doesn't matter anymore if we sleep next to each other." Doyeon said shyly and it makes Guanlin smile. He quickly stand up and pulls Doyeon.

"Let's sleep , I feel sleepy." He said as he tucked themselves with a blanket. They faced each other and stare at each other. Guanlin leans in and kissed Doyeon's forehead before pulling her closer. He wrapped her arms around her and sleep.

 

_

Wedding Day

Eversince the night Guanlin confessed his feelings, they treat each other better than usual. Soon after , Doyeon admits her feelings too. She learned how to cook so she can cook for Guanlin. Guanlin teached her how to read and write chinese characters since they're going to handle the company as soon as they get married. They lived like real husband and wife.

 

Today is the wedding day and they're now in South Korea. Guanlin is now standing on the altar and waiting for the door to open to see his soon to be wife. Soon , the church door opens and there she is , wearing her stunning wedding gown. Everyone in the church eyed her. They watched her walking through the aisle . Her stunning beauty made the guest amazed. In the middle , her parents meet her and escorted her to the altar. Her eyes met his. I love you. She mouthed , it makes Guanlin cry since it's the first time she said that words to him. He quickly wipes his tears off as the Doyeon is already infront of him now. He payed respect to Doyeon's parents before they leave Doyeon on him.

 

"Take care of our daughter." Mr. Kim said and hugged Guanlin so as Mrs. Kim.

As the entourage finished , they started the ceremony. The father started.

"Dear beloved , we are gathered here today...." The father started and all of them listen.

 

After the readings of the priest. They said 'I do' to each other and now the time for their vows. The priest explained what is wedding ring for.

 

"I Lai Guanlin , take you Kim Doyeon to be my wife . I promise to love you forever..........I give you this ring as the symbol of my love. From the first time I saw you until my last breath" Guanlin said his vow and placed the ring on Doyeon's finger. Now it's Doyeon's time for her vow.

 

"I Kim Doyeon , take you Lai Guanlin to be my husband...... I promise to be a good wife ... I  give you this ring as a promise to love you forever until the end of our lives."

 

"Now that you both have committed yourselves to one another and to your Holy Union through the sacred of vows that you have taken by giving and recieving of the rings, I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride." The priest said and gives Guanlin a teasing smile.

 

"I love you." He said as he slowly move her veil.

 

"I love you too." She replied and Guanlin leans to her and kissed her.

 

_

AN: I don't really know much about wedding ceremonies so I'm sorry if it lacks. I skipped their vows too since I don't really know what to add so I'm sorry. I hope you'll appreciate it.