Sejeong x Daniel

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

Voice (Sejeong x Daniel)

It's over.

That's the last word Daniel told Sejeong back when they're still in high school. They've been together for two years but during their senior year they decided to split up.

It's hard for Daniel to say that two words to Sejeong because he really loves her so much that he'll do everything for her. So when Sejeong's parents told Daniel that they should split up for them to focus on their studies, he followed them because he knew it's just for the better for the both of them.

Right now he's in college. In fact he's already in senior year. Even though it's impossible for them to get back together, he wishes Sejeong to be happy.

"Daniel, Sejeong's here!" He's shocked when Seongwoo told him that. They are at their university quadrangle and it's impossible for Sejeong to be there because he know Sejeong's university is different from his.

"What? That's impossible." Daniel said still in shocked. Seongwoo often prank him that Sejeong's at their university so he doesn't believe him that she really is there.

"I'm not kidding. Come with me. She's at the gymnasium." Seongwoo said. He's really confident about it actually but Daniel still doesn't seem to believe him.

"I know you already knew that Sejeong doesn't study here in our university. Right?" Daniel asked.

Seongwoo nodded "Yeah. I know. But she's really here."

"Oh yeah sure" Daniel said and rolled his eyes. So to shut Seongwoo up he just followed him.

They're walking towards the gymnasium and he's shocked to see many students gathering at the gymnasium in just a normal day. He checked his phone and he's right it's really Tuesday. There's no general assembly or anything else so seeing many students gathering at the gymnasium made him curious.

"Aigoo ~ what's happening here?" He asked Seongwoo still in disbelief of what he saw. Normally, Daniel and Seongwoo's the first one to know if there's an event in their university but in that very moment he doesn't have any clue on what's happening.

"I told you. Sejeong's here." Now he's starting to get annoyed. Daniel know it's impossible for Sejeong to be there so he starts to get annoyed with Seongwoo's prank again.

"Stop it with that nonsense. It's pretty much impossible for Sejeong to be he--"

Daniel heard a familiar voice. It's the voice that always makes his heart flutter. The voice of a girl that always made him feel that he is in cloud 9. That voice... it's really familiar. He knew it's someone he know. Someone who owns his heart and still owns his heart until now.

He didn't even think twice entering the gymnasium. He needs to be sure of what he's hearing at that moment. He doesn't care if he left Seongwoo outside the gymnasium, what important is that he should be sure who's the one singing.

"OMG! Sejeong!" he heard someone screamed Sejeong's name when he's now at the gymnasium.

He's shocked when he saw the students in the gymnasium, all of them are watching Sejeong. Seongwoo's telling the truth.

Sejeong's there. She's at their university.

He smiled while looking at the girl she loved. He remembers the first time he saw Sejeong...

"Daniel!" Seongwoo screamed his name. He's at the garden of their school because it's their break time.

"What?" Daniel asked.

"Let's go to the gymnasium. I heard someone's performing there." Seongwoo said happily. 

Daniel nodded and they went to the gymnasium. 

When they reached the gymnasium, Daniel's stunned of what he saw and what he's hearing at that moment.

"She's beautiful." he uttered. The girl who's singing in front of everyone is the most beautiful girl that he saw in his entire life. Her voice is so relaxing. Hearing her voice made him feel like he's in cloud 9. Her voice is soft and very calming. Daniel can't stop on smiling while looking at the girl.

"Yah. Don't tell me you like her?" Seongwoo tapped his shoulder and laughed at him.

"I think I do." He said without any hesitations.

"Oh man, are you serious?!" Seongwoo asked in disbelief. It's the first time Seongwoo saw Daniel like that. Of course he's shocked with Daniel's sudden confession that he likes the girl but he's happy for his friend.

"Yah! Daniel, are you daydreaming again? What are you thinking?" Seongwoo's already beside him. He didn't noticed him at first because he's so busy reflecting the first time he saw Sejeong performing at their gymnasium when he's still in high school.

"Nostalgia, bro." Daniel said while smiling and still looking at Sejeong who's still singing at that moment.

"Oh, I see." Seongwoo smiled too "You remember the first time you saw her when we're still in high school?"

"Yeah. I kinda miss her." Daniel said.

Seongwoo know how much Daniel loves Sejeong even though they decided to split up during their high school days and seeing Daniel still into Sejeong, Seongwoo planned to joke Daniel... well for fun.

Since Daniel's busy listening to Sejeong. Seongwoo's looking for the perfect timing wherein he can do his prank to Daniel...

"Daniel!" someone called and Daniel looked at his back and saw someone from his class. 

"Bingo!" Seongwoo whispered. "Daniel! Sejeong's looking at you!!!"  Seongwoo said excitedly and tapped Daniel's shoulder. Immediately Daniel looked at the stage to see if Sejeong's really looking at him but Sejeong's not looking at him.

"I'm just kidding." Seongwoo said while laughing.

"Aish." Daniel said while grinning.

"Sejeong still have the same effect on you, man. I can't believe it."

"That's what you call 'love'" Daniel stated and smiled.

When Sejeong's done performing Seongwoo screamed Sejeong's name and fortunately Sejeong saw him.

"Ohh, Seongwoo!" Sejeong said excitedly. 

"Come here!" Seongwoo screamed again and Daniel saw Sejeong nodded.

"What the hell, Seongwoo?!" Daniel complained. He doesn't know what to do, he's nervous on what he'll react when Sejeong's in front of him again. He was literally on pins and needles knowing Sejeong will be in front of him again in any moment.

"What? You said you missed her." Seongwoo said while laughing at him because Daniel's really looked like he was about to faint because of excitement and nervousness.

"She's my ex." Daniel whispered.

"What's wrong with that?" Seongwoo asked, still laughing because of Daniel's reaction.

"Sejeong's my ex." Daniel said while worried of what will happen in the next few minutes.

"And so?" 

"She's MY ex." Daniel now emphasized the word MY to awaken Seongwoo's sudden action.

"Oh, nothing's wrong with that." said Seongwoo and he saw how frustrated Daniel is that's why he's still laughing.

Daniel was about to say something to Seongwoo but Sejeong's now in front of them, smiling. Daniel was so nervous that he turned around when he saw Sejeong's in front of them.

"Seongwoo!" Sejeong said while smiling. "It's good to see you again. It's been a long time since we last saw each other."

"Yeah. I'm happy to see you again." Seongwoo said and hugged Sejeong just to tease Daniel. After Seongwoo hugged Sejeong, Daniel stuck Seongwoo's arm. "By the way, Sejeong... Daniel's beside me. I'm sure you know him."

Seongwoo told Daniel to turn around again for him to see Sejeong and since Daniel really want to see her closely even though he's nervous, he turn around.

"Hi..." Daniel said awkwardly.

Sejeong laughed "Hi, Daniel. You don't have to be shy around me." She said and then hugged Daniel "It's good to see you again."

Daniel can't even compose a sentence because he's still in shocked.

"I guess I'm going. Hope the both of you can hang out." Seongwoo said and left them.

"Yah, Daniel. Why are you so quiet. Are you not happy to see me again?" Sejeong said sounding like a girl who's sulky.

"Ah... no. I just don't know what to feel now that I saw you again." Finally, Daniel composed a sentence. He's feeling a bit better because he saw Sejeong's still comfortable around him.

"I'm sure you're happy to see me again." Sejeong said and then she hold Daniel's hand "Come with me. I'll introduce you to my friends."

Daniel felt like his heart skipped a beat. It's been years since he last saw Sejeong and now that he saw her and she hold his hand... he remembers their past. Back then, Sejeong's really a clingy girlfriend and he's not even complaining because even himself in a clingy boyfriend to Sejeong. When they're still in high school, Sejeong used to hold his hand until she's sick with it. Daniel remembers it all.

"Hi, everyone." Sejeong said to the six girls in front of him "This is Daniel. I know you all know him."

All of the girls nodded and said "Oh hi." and Daniel just smiled at them.

"Sejeong..." Daniel said.

"Yeah?"

"Is it okay with you if we go to the coffee shop near our university?"

"Well, sure." Sejeong said and then they said their goodbye to her friends.


THEY'RE AT THE Coffee Shop now and Daniel can't stop smiling because Sejeong keep on talking what happened about her when they split up four years ago... basically everything that happened about her ever since they're not together.

"You know what, I thought college is really hard but it's not really." Sejeong laughed "Well it's kinda hard but since I love my course, I enjoy everything that we do. We sometimes dance, sing and act too. It's kinda tiring but I love it..."

"There's this one time when we're practicing for a competition, my friends cheered me up because I was so nervous and I actually thought of you back then when we're still in high school. You're one of the people who encouraged me to continue singing and to pursue my dreams..."

"Aigoo ~ I just missed talking to you, Daniel. I hope you don't get annoyed with what I am saying right now." said Sejeong and she drink her frappe.

Daniel's still smiling at her. Back then Sejeong's really the one who always talk when they're on their date so he's not really surprised when Sejeong kept on talking about what happened to her.

"Yah, you're still smiling. I'm starting to get annoyed with it." Sejeong complained.

"I'm just happy you know. I thought you're mad at me because I broke up with you four years ago but seeing you now, still comfortable around me... i'm happy."

"I'm mad at you at first. I cried a lot when you broke up with me. But when figured out your reason of course I understand what you did."

"You know my reason now?"

"Yeah. My mom said it to me when I was in second year in college that's when I realized what you did is just for the better for the both of us."


THEY talked and talked until it's time for the shop to close that's why Daniel decided to walk her home.

"I had fun talking to you again, Daniel." Sejeong said when they reached her house.

"I had fun talking to you too."

Sejeong smiled.

"I have a question."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Is it okay with you if I'll court you again?"

"Well... yeah." Sejeong can't stop smiling because she know deep inside her heart.. she still loves Daniel.

•••

It's Friday. Daniel doesn't have any afternoon class on friday that's why he decided to go to Sejeong's classroom. Daniel and Sejeong are in a same course but they have a different major.

It's been a week since Daniel started courting Sejeong again and Sejeong revealed that she'll continue her 2 remaining semester in Daniel's university. They're in the same university now.

When Daniel arrived at Sejeong's room, he saw her singing in front of her class. Maybe it's their activity. Daniel thought.

"Mrs. Kim, Sejeong's suitor is here!" He heard someone said and people starting to looked at him.

"Come in." Their professor said and Daniel didn't hesitate.

He saw Sejeong's blushing when he entered the room. Now Sejeong's classmates are teasing her because of his presence. Well, it's okay with Daniel since he can saw Sejeong while blushing.

"Yah, I got distracted when you entered our classroom. I hate you!" Sejeong said when she's done with her activity. Sejeong's standing in front of him while he's still sitting.

He stand up and said "Oh, really. You hate me?" And then he came near her face. Again, Sejeong blushed because of his presence.

Sejeong covered her face and said "Yah!"

Daniel just laughed at her and asked Sejeong's professor if he can take Sejeong for a walk since she's done with her activity and agreed with him.

"Daniel, you're just walk me around our building right?" Sejeong asked. They're now in the hall way of their building.

"Of course, not. We'll go to an arcade."

Sejeong's eyes widen. "Are you serious?"

"I am serious. Let's go!"


IT's now 5PM and they're at an arcade and they're now playing Pump Fiesta. It's an arcade dancing machine.

"Yah, Daniel you're beating me." Sejeong said. Because it's true, Daniel's really winning.

"No, I'm not." said Daniel and now he's missing the steps and Sejeong's now on the lead.

"Oh my gosh!!!" Sejeong screamed in excitement "I'm winning!!! Yah, you're doing great while ago why are you not catching up the steps now?"

"It's because you're better than me." When Daniel said that to her, he saw Sejeong's beautiful smile and not to mention, she's blushing again.

After their battle, Sejeong's the winner.

"I can't believe you did that just for me to win." Sejeong said while they're walking towards the toys booth.

"Nah, you're really the winner."

"I'm not, it's you."

"No. It's you."

"Why me?"

"It's because you stole my heart again and again... well that makes you the winner of my heart." Daniel said while looking at her and again, Sejeong's blushing.

"Yah. Don't say anything like that." Sejeong's embarrassed and covered her face because she knew she's blushing again.

"You're really cute when you're blushing." said Daniel and patted Sejeong's head.

•••

TWO WEEKS have passed and Daniel's worreid because Sejeong's not responding to any of his texts. He also asked Sejeong's professor is she's attending her class and said no. He's worried that Sejeong's ignoring him because of what he did three weeks ago. He's always with Sejeong and he'a afraid Sejeong got sick with him and starts to ignore him.

"Do you know where Sejeong is?" Daniel asked Seongwoo that afternoon. He know that Seongwoo and Sejeong are close friends too so he didn't hesitate to ask Seongwoo.

"She's at the hospital." Seongwoo answered and was shocked because of what he said.

"What?" Daniel asked. He wanted to make sure that he heard it right.

"Nothing." said Seongwoo while looking at the ground.

"Yah, don't lie to me." 

Seongwoo still decides not to talk but Daniel kept on asking him many things and Seongwoo started to get sick with it.

"Okay. She's in the hospital because of pneumonia. She told me not to tell it to you but I think you deserve to know her condition right now." Seongwoo said and gave him the address of the hospital. Immediately Daniel went to the hospital.

Now, he's scared. He doesn't like hospitals that much and now he's more scared because Sejeong's there. Sejeong's sick and he's not even there to tale care of her...

He did everything that he can to arrive the hospital as fast as he can.


WHEN he's now at the hospital hr went to the nurse station and asked for Sejeong's room. The nurse said she's in room 101 and he went there.

When he opened the door he saw Sejeong's watching their old video in the television. Back then they used to vlog theirselves everytime they are together. And he's happy because Sejeong still have those video tapes that he gave her.

"Yah. Kim Sejeong, why didn't you tell me you're in the hospital?" Daniel uttered and he saw how shocked Sejeong is when she saw him.

"Why are you here?" Sejeong said and covered her face. "I don't look good. You shouldn't be here."

Daniel walks toward her and hold her hand "I'm worried, Sejeong. Why didn't you tell me you're sick? I'm really worried about you." 

"I just don't want you to be worried about my condition.

"Aigoo ~ you should've told it to me so that I can take care of you."

"You don't have to. My mom's here every night so it's okay."

"Still, you should've told it to me so that I can visit you everyday." 

After their small talk, they watched their old videos together and they can't stop laughing at theirselves. 

8PM, the doctor checked Sejeong's condition and said that she can go out of the hospital tomorrow since her condition is better now.

Daniel decided to stay there for the night so that he can take care of Sejeong even though she'll be out tomorrow. He waited Sejeong to fall asleep before he sleep.

"You made me worried, Sejeong. I'm just glad that you're okay now." He said while holding Sejeong's hand.

When Sejeong's asleep, Daniel kissed her forehead and said "I hope we can be together again, Sejeong. I'll do everything to be your best boyfriend ever." Daniel laughed. He knew Sejeong's asleep but what's important about him right now is to express what he feel.

"I know I'm your first boyfriend, right? But didn't you have a boyfriend when we broke up? If you didn't have any boyfriend when we broke up four years ago, I hope I can be your second boyfriend." Daniel laughed again because of his cheekiness "But I'm serious tho. I hope you'll say yes again when I asked you to be my girlfriend."

He stayed silent for awhile and then he starts to talk again.

"Sejeong, can I be your boyfriend again?" He whispered

"Aigoo ~ I shouldn't whispered like that." And said while slightly laughing at himself

"Sejeong, can you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." 

Daniel's shocked when he saw Sejeong looking at him. "I heard all of what you said, Daniel." At that moment Daniel blushed.

"You're cute when you're blushing, Daniel" Sejeong said while imitating Daniel's voice. He smiled.

"So, you're my girlfriend again?"

"Yeah."

--

Hii! I don't know if I meet your expectation about this one shor but I hope you loved this simple story.

If you have any request, make sure to comment below your fave pd101 s2 & s2 trainees and we'll do our best to make a story about them.

-BYEpjulienne