Jihoon x Yoojung

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

Jihoon x Yoojung

 

One fine day in Mnet's Production Department Office, the Mnet Asian Music Award PD's are currently in a meeting for the stage collaborations and they're currently looking for idols to participate.

 

"What if , PD101 season 1 and season 2 collaboration?" One of the PD suggested and the others agreed.

"Alright , call Kasper from SMEnt. He's the one incharge." PD

 

The production team had an agreement. The next day , Kasper arrived in Mnet's office to choose who will be participating in the collaboration. He needs to choose between season 1 and season 2 winners. First he watched season 1 girls' individual performances. Then , season2 boys' performances.

 

"Okay! Choi Yoojung and Park Jihoon. What do you think Kahi noona?" Kasper said as he turned of the monitor. 

"Yep! Nice choice. I totally agree." Kahi agreed so the PD Team staff called the two companies.

The companies agreed and the 1st day of practice starts today.

 

@Kasper's Dance studio

 

"Annyeong Hasseyo." Choi Yoojung entered the room with a bright smile on her face.

"Oh Yoojung-ssi Annyeong Hasseyo!" Kasper greeted her and told her to wait for her partner.

 

While Park Jihoon haven't arrived yet , the studio is full of laughs because of Choi Yoojung's jokes. The call time is at 1PM and it's already 1:30. Kasper is slowly getting impatient because he hates late students. He's about to call the manager until the door opens and there's a boy standing on the door , panting.

"Annyeong Hasseyo. I'm sorry for being late , we just finished our schedule----" Jihoon wasn't able to finish his words because Choi Yoojung suddenly hands him a bottled water.

"It's okay Jihoon-ssi , rest first. Yoojung-ssi , let me see your solo performance." Kasper said as he patted Jihoon's head.

"Okay!" Yoojung said as she excitedly went to the middle of the room.

 

Yoojung performed 'Bang Bang' which she performed in one of the evaluation of PD101 Program. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfmYxdF0ao) While Yoojung is performing , Jihoon is silently watching her. His mouth is slightly opened because he's amazed.

 

"Woah" he muttered as Yoojung does her killing part.

"Kamsahamnida!" Yoojung said as she finished the performance. She quickly picked a bottled water from the floor before she sits.

"Jihoon-ssi , it's your turn." Kasper said while looking on his phone but no response.
"Jihoon-ssi?" He called him once again.
"Oh..oh yes , i'm sorry." Jihoon said as he stand and walk to the middle.
"You're spacing out. Are you sure you're fine to dance now? I can give you 5 more minutes." Kasper said.

 

Turbo's song started playing and Jihoon followed the beat immediately with his dance steps. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBHDUnj91Yw) As same as Jihoon , Yoojung just sit and watched him.

 

"Woah , Woah , Woah Daebak!" Yoojung muttered as Jihoon starts popping. 

After a minute Jihoon finished dancing and he bowed while panting. Kasper clapped, amazed with Jihoon's dance. Yoojung is also clapping but she noticed Jihoon is out of breath.

"Jihoon-ssi!" She called him and throws a bottled water , luckily he catched it.

"ka-kamsahamnida." Jihoon said as he opened the bottled water.

"I made a right choice. Your dancing skills really fit each other and I believe you can still pull-off a different concept. Don't disappoint me. Let's take a break first. I'll discuss some things to the Production team first. I'll be right back. Talk to each other so you will get along." Kasper said and leaves the room.

 

The atmosphere suddenly became awkward. Yoojung is just playing with her cheeks while Jihoon is playing with the bottle.

"Annyeong Hasseyo. Choi Yoojung imnida."  Yoojung breaks the silence as she gained confidence to introduce herself. She went infront of Jihoon to introduce herself. She offers her hand for a handshake. Jihoon who's sitting on the floor looks up to her and immediately stand up too.

"A-annyeong hase-sseyo Park Jihoon imnida." He said as he took her hands for a handshake.

"Don't be so shy , I know we can get along well. We're from the same boat. We both went through survival." Yoojung said encouraging Jihoon to be comfortable with her.

"Nae hehe." Jihoon said as he flashes a smile.

"So let's talk and drop honorifics since we need to be friends!" Yoojung said as she sits on the floor facing Jihoon.

 

They talk about a lot of things like how they feel when they first entered the PD101 dorm, how they feel when they became included in Top 11, how Jihoon feels when he became the TOP 1 and a lot of things related to their experience in the show. They laugh together when Yoojung's telling her funny experiences , they get along talking about the show.

 

"You're so funny Yoojung-ssi." Jihoon said slowly getting comfortable with Yoojung.

"I told you to drop the honorifics Jihoon Oppa." Yoojung said and Jihoon was taken a back when she said Oppa

"O-oppa?" Jihoon suddenly became shy again upon hearing 'Oppa'

"Yes! You're older than me." Yoojung , seems to be really comfortable talking to Jihoon.

"How did you know?" Jihoon asked.

"Who wouldn't know things about wink boy?" Yoojung said , Jihoon just replied with a smile since Kasper is back.

 

Kasper claps both of his hands calling for attention.

"Seems like you're getting along well , that's good since you really need to be comfortable with each other in this performance." Kasper said , the two got confused and look at each other.

"You'll be performing Trouble Maker's Now." Kasper said as he flashes a smile.

"Eh?!" The two can't believe on what their choreographer said.

"Yes , don't worry we'll take out the kiss scene ofcourse." Kasper said. The two suddenly felt awkwardness upon hearing the word 'kiss'.

"Errr, let's do it!" Yoojung tried to light up the atmosphere as she stand and clap her hands even though she's not confident doing the performance. Jihoon stayed sitting and doesn't know what to do but he needs to follow orders.

 

Kasper told them to watch the dance practice first so they did. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNHN8nysr1Y) The two can't gasp with the situation , they lost confidence. The dance steps are too intense. Yes , Yoojung can pull-off a y concept and she's confident with solo parts while Jihoon is totally not confident with the dance.

 

"Okay! *clap* *clap* now let's practice your solo parts. Kahi noona will be here to evaluate you Yoojung and I for Jihoon." Kasper said , making the two nervous.

Kahi arrived and she start teaching Yoojung while Kasper is teaching Jihoon. The room is filled with footsteps , claps and counts of numbers. Kasper is amazed while watching Jihoon dance and he can easily follow. The same as Kahi to Yoojung , as expected Yoojung never disappoint Kahi eversince the competition.

Few minutes of practice , the two finally mastered half of the dance.

"You proved that I made a right choice. You can follow easily and wow your dance is so accurate. So let's practice the most special parts of the performance then." Kasper said telling the two to practice the partnered steps.

 

They start with the first part where they need to walk together then sing while Jihoon's holding Yoojung's shoulders from the back. Kahi and Kasper demonstrate the step first and the two nodded despite on being nervous. Yoojung's nervousness is only 50/100 but Jihoon's is tottaly 100/100. He's really nervous because he's so shy to dance a y concept. Yes he's dance skills matched Hyungseung's very well but his personality doesn't.

"Okay you're turn. Starting from the back. No back up dancers so all eyes were on you. Start in 1 , 2 , 3  ,4 --" Kasper. The two started walking intensely but Jihoon made a mistake when he needs to touch Yoojung.

"Okay stop!" Kahi said as she raises her hand so Kasper stopped the music. 

Kahi and Kasper demonstrate the step again and again but the two keeps committing mistakes.

"Can't you do it properly?!" Kahi lost her patience. The two apologized and stayed with bowed heads.

"Okay , I get it. It's still awkward for you. I'll give you time. Let's continue tomorrow but stay here since the vocal teacher will be here later. Jihoon , I hope to see your confidence tomorrow. Yoojung , you're quite good and confident , I hope you can help Jihoon to adjust. I'll go now , have a nice day." Kasper said as he and Kahi leave the room. The two were left silent.

 

You can only hear the sound of the aircon in the room. No words coming out from both of them.

"I'm sorry." They both said in the same time. Yoojung signaled Jihoon to speak first so he did.

"I'm sorry , I had a lot of mistakes earlier. To be honest i'm not confident when it comes to performances like this." Jihoon apologized.

"I'm sorry too, i'm confident that I can dance but it seems like our personalities are clashing. You're really shy." Yoojung said trying to figure out why they can't do well.

"and you're really cheerful." He replied.

"Yes I am , I hope we can do well tomorrow." Yoojung

"I will try my best." Jihoon

"No , you will DO your best." Someone speak , makes the two startled.

"Oh annyeong hasseyo." They both greet as they saw the vocal teacher standing on the door. It's Bongjin , the bald vocal teacher in Boys24.

"Seems like you're having a heart to heart talk , go and continue." The teacher said as he sits on the chair at the back of the keyboard.

"No sir , we're done talking." Jihoon said and eyed Yoojung , she just nodded.

The vocal training went smooth , there's only few mistakes that can be easily fixed unlike the dance that is ruined. The vocal class last for 3 hours until they mastered every note of the song. They sing the song for one last time and then the vocal training is done but they will meet each other five days consecutively to practice.

 

 

The next day , it's time to practice their dance again. Kahi is not in the studio so Kasper is the only one who'll keep eye on them. They are dancing for an hour and as same as yesterday , Jihoon keeps committing mistakes and Kasper lost his patience.

"PARK JIHOON! Get yourself together! Now I know why people are saying you don't deserve the top spot. You're not perfect to be an idol. Now I know what's your lacking part and it's confidence. I'm so pissed off , get yourself together and when i'm back I need a better performance from you." Kasper said as he stormed out of the room. 

 

Jihoon left silent , he's offended on what Kasper said. He doesn't know what to do , he can't raise up his head. He stayed bowed and trembling. Yoojung sat beside him and put bottled water infront of him.

"*sigh* that's life , nobody's perfect but you need to show that you deserve your spot and you deserve where you are now. You shouldn't disappoint someone who trusted you. Kasper oppa gave his trust to you so you should prove yourself not only to him but to your fans who brought you to this level. Being shy doesn't work in Kpop industry , especially when you're in variety show. Don't waste your talent and skills Jihoon oppa. Prove them you're worthy on your spot like how I believed you do." Yoojung said while looking at Jihoon through the mirror.

"Thanks for your encouraging words." Jihoon said as he raise his head up and smiled through the mirror infront of them.

"To be honest , I voted you on the program." Yoojung said still looking at the mirror.

"Really? Thanks." Jihoon thanked her.

"I voted you because I trust you. So , are you gonna waste my vote? Your fans' vote I mean." Yoojung said and she saw Jihoon shake his head.

"so?" Yoojung

"Let's practice?" Jihoon said as he stand on the floor. Yoojung smiled and played the music.

 

Yoojung words somehow lessen Jihoon's awkwardness. They finished the first part and now they decided to practice the remaining parts ahead of Kasper's order. Without their awareness , Kasper is watching them through the glass window outside the room. He's smiling as he entered the room.

*clap* *clap* *clap* The two got startled and immediately faced Kasper who's walking towards them. Jihoon bowed his head again since he can't make an eye contact with Kasper. Yoojung taps Jihoon from the balk signaling him to speak.

"Hyung-nim , I'm sorry." Jihoon apologizes.

"You know why I did that right?" Kasper said as he taps on Jihoon's shoulder. 

"To make me prove myself." Jihoon said as he nodded.

"Exactly!" Kasper said.

They start practicing again like they have their own world. Forgetting about other things but only thinking of a great performance they need to give to their fans. What Yoojung said stayed on Jihoon's mind and it became an encouragement to him to do the performance. The room is filled with melody , footsteps , claps and laughs. They are enjoying the moment.

 

MAMA 2018

PD 101 Season 2 winners are now in their dressing room and waiting for their turn to receive the 'Rookie of the year award and to perform on the stage that everyone dreamed of. Jihoon and Yoojung will perform trouble maker first before 101 idols performed mash up of Pick me of season1 and pick me of season2.

*knock* *knock* Someone knocks and it's the PD.

"Jihoon-ssi , standby and please call Yoojung for me , I need to go." The PD quickly said as he run again. 

"Hwaiting!" the other boys cheered.

"Nae!" Jihoon said with a salute.

 

Jihoon immediately left their room and went to I.O.I's room to call Yoojung. He knocks on the door and a staff opens it for him.

"Yoojung-ah , stand by." He called Yoojung. The other girls pushed and pinched Yoojung giving them a teasing smile.

"Hwaiting Yoojungie! Hwaiting wink boy!" The girls cheered. Yoojung smiled at them and waved while Jihoon gave them a salute.

They walk together on the hallway.

"Are you nervous?" Yoojung asked Jihoon.

"Yes and I know you are too even you deny it." Jihoon replied with a chuckle.

"For the fans." Yoojung said as she stretches her right hand.

"For everyone." Jihoon said as he stretches his left hand placing it above Yoojung's hands.

"and for ourselves." Yoojung said and smiled.

"Hwaiting." - They said in chorus making the staffs look at them. They just chuckle.

"Now , collab stage!" The PD called them. They eyed each other for the last time and went to the stage.
They went in the middle of the stage and fix their position then waited until the MR play. Few seconds more 'Now' MR has been heared and they start dancing and singing.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-MAZJopYw watch this and imagine it's Jihoon and Yoojung , eliminate the parts you want. you're free to imagine what you want!)

 

The audience cheered everytime the two are having skinship. Whenever they touch each other. As same in 101 Girls and 101 boys room.

"Woah! Goosebumps. Our center indeed." Daehwi said while eyes are glued on the monitor. 

 

"Wow" The only think you can hear everywhere that's how Jihoon and Yoojung amazed everyone with their performance. Few minutes the performance was finished. They went back to the lifter and the lifter suddenly goes down. They are both panting as they wipe their sweats , when they reached the backstage they sit on the floor first to catch their breath.

 

"Yoojung-ah!" Jihoon shouted as he throws bottled water to Yoojung.

"Thanks Oppa!" Yoojung said.

 

After conditioning theirselves , they walk on the hallway again to go back to their rooms but Kasper stopped them. He's clapping his hands and running to meet the two halfway. He immediately hugged the two , they had a group hug.

 

"I now have another gold. You didn't disappoint me. Thank you." Kasper said as he hugged them tightly.

"We need to thank you too Kasper Hyung." Jihoon said.

"Yes , thanks oppa!" Yoojung.

"Hey look at these comments , I'm so proud." Kasper said and showed them all the comments from twitter.

 

"@eynjihoonie Hey ya! It hurts but go and date each other! The chemistry is 100/100! Park Jihoon center indeed. Yoojung unnie go on and date my oppa! I'm giving him to you!" The comment that catches both of their attention. Jihoon suddenly became shy again and Yoojung suddenly felt blood rise up to her cheeks.

 

"Yoojung-ssi , Jihoon-ssi go back to your dressing rooms now! You need to rest before the Pick me stage." A PD shouted from a far.

They start walking again until they reach I.O.I's dressing room. Yoojung entered the room and Jihoon followed her.

"Oh , this is not your dressing room Oppa." Yoojung said as she notice that Jihoon followed her.

"I know , Yoojung-ah , can I borrow your phone?" Jihoon said. The others tried to hide their smiles while Yoojung is confused but hands her phone to Jihoon.

Yoojung just watched Jihoon dialling his number on her phone.

"Huh?" Yoojung

"My fans asked us to date. Let's be friends first then." Jihoon said as he returns Yoojung's phone. Yoojung was left frozen as Jihoon walks towards the door.

 

"Yoojung-ah! Save my number." Jihoon said with a wink.

 

_________________________________

AN: This request is from Lallama I'm sorry if It didn't met your expectation. Actually it hard to get the idea on the scenario you said this is how I understand your scenario. I hope you'll like it!

Korean phrases used.

Kamsahamnida - Thank You

Annyeong Hasseyo - Hello/Hi

Nae - Yes (Yes?)