Jihoon x Chaeyeon

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

 Riez-Q

  Chaeyeon and Jihoon. Chaeyeon’s personality in front of the other people is rude, and doesn't care about the others, but actually she just an ordinary girl who have bad past or traumatic experience, or her family relationship is bad, so she doesn't have other choice except being rude to cover her feelings and there is park Jihoon someone she really hates actually the one and only person who cares about her. Chaeyeon realize that and finally they fall in love with other.

 

*splash*

“I said I don’t like iced Americano! Will you please stop bothering me?!”

A loud voice and a splash of iced Americano was heard in the school’s cafeteria. It’s already the third time Chaeyeon rejected and embarrassed a boy for the day. The boys laugh and the girls felt a pang on their heart as they saw a very handsome guy easily got rejected.

 

 The boy was about to approach Chaeyeon again but she pushed him on the floor before walking away. The whole cafeteria went silent. No one dares to talk loud after the awkward moment. The boy also walks away, drenched with iced Americano and hands is injured.

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyeon went straight to the rooftop. She laid on one of the benches, sunrays hitting her bare face. Her eyes were closed and just feeling the quiet and peaceful place, far from the loud noises of different types of students. She looks like sleeping but she’s definitely not.

 

She felt someone shadowed her from the sunrays.

 

“If you’re going to confess your feelings for me then get lost. I don’t want to kick someone from here down there on the rough ground.” She said without taking a glance on whoever that ‘someone’ is.

 

He chuckled. Yes ‘he’ and the boy who’s currently protecting Chaeyeon from the sunrays is the one and only Park Jihoon. Her seatmate.

 

“Damn boy, I know it’s you. Get lost before I opened my eyes and kick your out of here!” She said annoyingly turning her body but made a wrong move. She almost fell on the ground. Yeah ‘almost’ because Jihoon was there to catch her.

 

“Be careful missy.” Jihoon said and winked. He’s holding Chaeyeon in a bridal style while he’s sitting on the ground.

 

“Get off me! You’re so annoying. Go away and leave me alone.” Chaeyeon quickly stands and turns her back, hiding her burning face. Damn, it suddenly become hot. Okay, I’m just annoyed that’s it. Jihoon just chuckled in return as he stands and dusted himself. His chuckle is so damn annoying.

 

“You’re almost perfect. You know that? You’re so beautiful outside. You just need to be beautiful inside.” Jihoon said enough for Chaeyeon to hear as he walks away from the place.

 

“You just need to be beautiful inside.”

The statement keeps echoing on her mind. It’s the first time someone real-talked him. Tears suddenly rush down from her eyes. She cupped her face with her both hands and cries like she always does.

 

“If only… I can change… myself. If only I… I will be able to forget about that… damn person. If only I can open my… my heart. If only I can trust someone again! If…only” She finally broke down in tears.

 

Jihoon watched the whole scene. He was guilty. I shouldn’t have told her that. A part of him wants to go to comfort her but part of him also told him not to go and just leave her alone. He left her.

I’ll make her open her heart again.

 

 

After Jihoon and Chaeyeon’s encounter in the rooftop, Jihoon is now always following Chaeyeon wherever she goes. Chaeyeon find it annoying but she has nothing to do so she let him be.

 

Chaeyeon is now walking through the hallway. She’s enjoying the time that Jihoon is out of her sight. She’s walking alone with earphones plugged on her ears and playing with the chewing gum. She literally looks like a bad girl.

 

Chaeyeon is focused on her phone while walking. She’s deleting some ‘non-sense’ text messages from her parents. They’re telling her to come home tonight. She rolled her eyes and ignored the text messages. She was about to put back the phone to her blouse pocket but suddenly someone bumped into her making her phone land flatly on the floor.

 

“Damn!” She stomped her feet on the ground as she leans down to pick up her phone which now has a several cracks.

 

“Oh…I…I…am…sorry.” The girl apologized without taking a glance at Chaeyeon.

 

“What the hell? Look at what you’ve done! Go away! NOW!” Chaeyeon said and bumped her shoulder to the girl before walking away. The girl fell on her on the floor.

 

Jihoon was there…again. He first helped the girl to stand up and soon followed Chaeyeon who’s heading to the rooftop.

 

“Yah! Jung Chaeyeon.” Jihoon greeted her as he reached the roof. He spots Chaeyeon sitting on the edge of the rooftop. Her hair is dancing along with the fresh air.

 

“Don’t come near me. I’ll jump from here if you do.” She replied without looking and Jihoon suddenly panicked taking few steps backward.

 

‘“YAH! Okay I won’t go but please don’t do things like that…” He said as he moves few steps backward.

 

Jihoon didn’t left her. They were silent the whole time until Chaeyeon speaks.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“Doing what?”

 

“You know what I mean.”

 

“Okay, I also don’t know why am I doing this. When I saw you crying here in the roof I felt like I want to protect you.”

 

“Protect me? From what? I can take care of myself.”

 

“Yes I know but that’s what I want and I can’t stop myself doing this. I’m worried.”

 

“Worried about what?”

 

“Worried that someday those rejected of suitors of yours would make their revenge. I’m also worried that you might do something stupid like what you’ve said earlier.”

 

“Don’t do this. Stop following me. Stop pestering me!”

 

“I…I can’t stop… give me reasons to stop.”

 

“We’re not close enough and we’re not even blood related nor sharing any kind of relationship.”

 

“So what? It’s not like I am forcing you to be friends with me. I’ll always go with you and don’t mind me. Pretend that I am not around.”

 

“I don’t need your pity.”

 

“You can’t address my actions as a pity for you but my actions? It’s my will. I can’t figure out why am I doing this by now but I’m sure I’ll figure out soon.”

 

“Then don’t ever try to come near me or follow me until you figure out your reason.”

 

“Yah! Jung Chaeyeon.”

 

After walking out from the rooftoo, Chaeyeon quickly went home. She can’t explain her feelings. It’s a mixed feelings of disappointment, regret and embarrassment. Disappointed to the fact that Jihoon shows no hint of affection and for her it’s totally pity. Regret, she regrets shooing Jihoon away because whether she admit it or not, she felt safe with his company. Embarrassment, she’s embarrassed to the fact that Jihoon knows that she’s not strong enough and she’s still vulnerable as a little girl.

 

Walking through the sidewalk of the busy street of Seoul, Chaeyeon received a text message from her Mom.

[Chaeyeon-ah, your Dad and I will come home tonight. Please, dress yourself well and presentable okay?]

Her lips slightly curved upwards when she read that her parents are coming but the smile suddenly fades when she was asked to dress-up. Probably, they’re coming home with a visitor or a new business partner and it means a new guy to be her soon-to-be business husband. I won’t go home.

 

Instead of continue walking to her home, she turned her heels and headed somewhere else. She went to a non-exclusive village, a village of middle-class families. She always wanted to walk there, a busy village with happy families who are contented on what they have and not wishing for more.

 

Walking through the village, she saw a public park. She watched the group of kids who are freely playing on the ground. I wish I had experienced that too. Chaeyeon felt envious of the kids so she looked somewhere else. She looked under the biggest tree and saw a family taking their family picture. The parents look young and the baby looks like a one-year-old baby girl. I wish we had a family picture like that too. She felt a pang on her heart and feels like she would breakdown into tears anytime. At the same time, the family walks pass her.

“Mommy loves you so much baby.” The mother said and pecked her child’s very small lips.

“Daddy loves you too.”

 

The scene made her tears rush down as if they’re waters from falls. She cried, she broke down into tears, looking mess. Her wet face is covered by her long straight hair and she cupped her face with both of her hands like she usually does when she’s crying.

 

Not too far from her, a guy who was very worried at her is watching her. Watching her breaking down into tears made his heart heavy. From the first time he saw her cry, he never wanted to see her crying anymore. He doesn’t know the reason behind her tears but he’s eager to know why and he’s desperate to stop those tears coming from her.

 

He walked towards her and sat on the other edge of the bench. She didn’t notice him because she’s crying way too hard. Holding to canned drinks on his hands, he opened one. The sound of the can catches her attention. She looked at him with knitted eyebrows. When she realized who was it, she quickly wipes her tears with her hands.

 

“Are you seriously following me everywhere I go?” She said between her sobs.

 

“Not really, here take this first.” He replied and hands her his handkerchief.

“It’s clean don’t worry.” He continued as he noticed her hesitating.

 

“Why are you here?” Chaeyeon asked as she finished wiping-off her tears.

“I live here, just a little walk from here.”

“I want to live here too.”

“Wow, a first class lady wants to live in a middle class’ village.”

“I’m serious.”

 

“Come with me.”

“To where?”

“To experience the life of being a middle-class.”

 

Chaeyeon couldn’t disagree anymore since Jihoon is already dragging her somewhere. It’s already dark and time for dinner. He’s probably dragging me to the convenience store to have a cup-noodle. She thought but she’s wrong. They stopped in front of a small gate and walk down through the stairs. She was confused until she realized that she’s at Jihoon’s house.

 

“Yah, why did you bring me here?”

“I won’t do anything bad. As if this face would do so.”

“Stop bragging about your looks just tell me why are we here.”

“Because this is my house and you’ll be having a dinner with me since you wanted to experience being middle class citizen in this country full of first classers. Come in.” Jihoon said as he opened the door and let her go in first.

 

She scanned the house and it’s not big as she expected but it’s very clean and neat. The family portrait caught her attention. It’s Jihoon’s family picture and he was probably only one-year-old in the picture. It made her smile.

 

“Oh Jihoon-ah! You’re home and…” Jihoon’s mother suddenly come out from one of the rooms.

 

“Eomma, she’s my friend and I saw her in the park so I invited her for dinner.” Jihoon explained.

 

“Good evening Madame.” She greeted and formally bowed.

 

“Good timing! Your father just got his salary and the dinner is ready! Come here young lady and don’t call me Madame it doesn’t fit me.” Jihoon’s mother said as she drags Chaeyeon to the kitchen.

 

“Oh my son has a girlfriend already?! Good evening beautiful lady.” Jihoon’s father greeted her. She blushed and can only reply with an awkward smile.

 

“Appa, she’s not! She’s my friend.” Jihoon defended, his mother can only laugh at them as she noticed his child being shy.

 

“Ow, my bad. Sorry young lady.”

 

“It’s okay, Sir.” Chaeyeon replied as she sits beside the empty space beside Jihoon.

 

“Okay let’s eat now! Here young lady, this is Jihoon’s favorite!” Jihoon’s mother said as she put fish cakes on her plate.

“This Kimchi too young lady, this is my wife’s specialty and we three did it by our bare hands.” Jihoon’s father.

She stared at it and seems like she’s choosing what to try first.

“Yah, we washed our hands when we made it. Try it.” Jihoon said, he misunderstands Chaeyeon’s actions.

“I’m not being picky; I’m choosing on what to try first.” Chaeyeon replied slightly hitting Jihoon’s arms.

“Oh wait! We have some more!” Jihoon’s mother said as she stands and return with a bowl of grilled beef.

“This is not a premium beef but I assure you that it’s good since Eomma is the one who cooked it! Say ah” Jihoon said while making a wrap for Chaeyeon. Her eyes widened as her cheeks became a tint of pink.

 

“Come on, try this.” Jihoon said flashing a genuine smile. Chaeyeon opened and accepted the wrap that Jihoon made. The parents just smiled at each other watching the two.

 

“It’s good right?” Jihoon asked. Chaeyeon could only nod and smile since is full.

 

Their dinner was fun. Jihoon’s mother is so caring and Jihoon’s father is so funny. Chaeyeon felt a great company by Park Family. This is the best dinner I ever had. She thought as she happily helped them clean the table.

 

“Young lady, stay still I got this. Jihoon walk her home since it’s already late. You can comeback anytime Chaeyeon but at this time you should be home.

 

“Chaeyeon-ah leave that to me. I’ll take care of that later.” Jihoon said referring to the dishes.

 

“I’ll go home now Mr. and Mrs. Park thank you for the dinner. It was the best dinner I ever had.”

 

“I’m glad to hear that. You’re free to have a dinner with us every day. You’re very welcome Chaeyeon.”

 

Jihoon walked Chaeyeon home. Chaeyeon lead the way since Jihoon have no idea where she lives. They entered an elite village. A huge houses welcome his eyes and just few walks away from the gate they reached Chaeyeon’s house.

 

“I’ll go in now. Thank you for accompanying me. Thanks for the dinner I honestly had a great time. It would be a lie of I said that I didn’t enjoy it.

 

“Like my Mother said, you are welcome anytime. Go now, it’s late.”

 

“Wait! Chaeyeon give me a minute.”

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“You…you asked me my reason earlier right? I…I think I got the…answer.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I…I am doing this be…because I…”

“You pity me? That’s it right? Leave now I don’t need your pity.”

 

“No! Chaeyeon wait. Listen up.”

 

“I am doing this because I like you.”

 

“what?”

“Okay, this is the worst confession ever but Chaeyeon. I like you and I can’t deny it anymore.”

 

“Jihoon…”

 

“No, I don’t need your response now. I’m not yet ready. Meet me at the roof tomorrow lunch. I’ll gladly accept whether you accept my feelings or reject me.”

 

Chaeyeon entered the house with her heart beating fast. Good thing, her parents and their visitors were gone. She quickly runs to her bedroom and jumped on her bed. She covered herself with a pillow hiding her reddish face and wide smile plastered on her face. Why are you doing this to me Park Jihoon? Why do you let me show my soft side? Damn you, I’m not myself anymore. What is this feeling? Uhm, by any chance do I like him too?

 

On the other hand, Jihoon went home very nervous. Why did I confess like that damn it! What should I do? What if I got rejected because of that confession? What if?

 

­­­­­­­­­Chaeyeon is making her way to the rooftop. The students who saw her had their eyes wide. It’s the first time they saw Chaeyeon without her scary poker face. She’s blooming and smiling while walking. She reached the rooftop and saw Jihoon at the very edge.

 

“Park Jihoon.” She called him and flashed a bright smile on her face as he faced her. Jihoon’s heart suddenly beats so fast. This is it. I should accept whatever the result is but God please let it be the positive one.

 

“Jung Chaeyeon.” He called her name as he walked towards her and holds both of her hands.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Just listen. I wasn’t able to confess accurately last night but this time listen to me. I always had my eyes on you, ever since you entered this school. Honestly speaking I had a crush on you on the very first time I saw you but when I saw how you reject guys, I lost courage to approach you until the time I saw you in the canteen when you rejected a very handsome guy. I don’t know what comes to my mind but I followed you here. I real-talked you and after that I saw you crying. I felt guilty with that. When I saw you crying I suddenly had an urge to make sure that you won’t cry anymore. I suddenly want to be with you. I suddenly want to bring out the beautiful inside of you. Yes, at first I can’t figure out my feelings but after we talked yesterday I realized everything. I realized that I like you… no erase that I love you.” He confesses, looking straight into her eyes so she is. Chaeyeon is very happy. It’s the first time she felt important to someone.

She couldn’t say anything but to only smile at him. Jihoon felt positive about it so he pulled Chaeyeon for a hug. She hugged him back and sooner broke the hug to face him.

 

“Thank you for letting me feel that I am important. Thank you for making realize that there’s still love in the sea of hatred.” She said with full smile on her face.

 

“Just…thank you?” Jihoon asked nervously.

 

“No.” Chaeyeon said and smiled before cupping Jihoon’s cheeks and leaving a quick peck on his lips.

 



AN: okay! I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to reach your expectation miss  Riez-Q

Sorry if this didn’t actually meet your given prompt. I was carried away when writing this and I’m just typing what comes to my mind. I really hope that you’ll like this and appreciate this!

Thank you so much! :*

THIS WAS RUSHED. I'M SORRY. BUT I'LL EDIT THIS SOME OTHER DAY JUST TELL ME THE PARTS ON WHERE TO EDIT AND GIVE EMPHASIS BUT DO NOT ASK ME TO ADD MORE PARTS HEHE SORRY.

@Bteambaby