Daniel x Somi

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

 

typicalkpoofan
The high-ranking IOI members meet with the high ranks of Wannaone and gives tips and advice , Daniel falls for Somi at first sight and bounds to make her like him back.

 

 

One fine morning in Wannaone’s dorm, everyone is still lying flat on their bed, tired from everyday schedule. Their manager announces that today’s their day-off so no one dares to wake up early even Jisung and Minhyun.

 

Their manager on the other hand got alarmed after receiving a phone call from Mnet’s office.

 

“Hello?” The manager.

 

“Bring the Top 3 boys in the office right now, we’re going to discuss something about the year-end shows.”

 

With that statement the manager rush to the boys to wake them up. He entered Daehwi’s room carefully not to wake up the others inside.

 

“Daehwi-yah, wake up. We suddenly had an urgent schedule.”

 

He then went to Jihoon’s room. The biggest challenge is this, surely it’ll be hard waking up Jihoon since he slept late because he studied for his upcoming exams.

 

“Jihoon-ah, wake-up. As long as I want you to rest I can’t. Mnet called us. There will be discussion for year-end shows.”

 

Lastly, he went to Daniel’s room and gladly to see that Daniel’s already awake.

 

“Daniel, I’m glad you’re awake. MNET called and we’ll have meeting in a few.”

 

“All of us?”

 

“No just the top three”

 

The Top three winners took a bath then went to the salon to have their hair and make-up done. They have no idea why they’re being dolled up when it’s only a meeting. They were asking their manager few times but he just shut them up.

 

After a long way from dorm to salon to café to eat breakfast, they’ve finally reached MNET’s office. One of the employee assists them and brought them to the meeting hall.

 

When they entered the meeting hall, the three boys were taken a back while their manager just chuckled. He knows how stunned the boys right now especially Daniel. Inside the waiting room lies the production team including the choreographer and the top three of season one Somi, Sejeong and Yoojung.

 

Daehwi and Jihoon already had their senses back but Daniel is still stunned. The two were greeting everyone inside one by one but Daniel’s standing on his spot watching Somi smile while greeting Jihoon and Daehwi.

 

“Annyeong Hasseyo, Daniel-imnida.” Daniel now started to greet everyone in the room. When he finished paying respect to the elders, he now needs to face the girls.

 

 

“A-Annyeong Ha-Hasseyo Sunbaenims. Kang Daniel imnida.” He greeted the girls shyly but still able to pull-off a mannered greeting.

 

“Oh! God Daniel! I’m God Sejeong.” Sejeong greeted him back making him flustered.

 

“Oh haha, I wanted to be like you that’s why I said I want to be called God Daniel.”

 

“Yes I know and it’s my honor to have you as a fan.”

 

“Omo, God Daniel is really handsome in person eh? I’m Yoojung by the way.”

 

“Thank you sunbae.”

 

“Woah, never know that I’ll be meeting God Daniel again. It’s nice meeting you again Wannaone’s center.” Somi greeted him in the most comfortable way. Daniel was taken aback when Somi suddenly went to greet him. His two co-members are just laughing on how flustered he is.

 

“Hehe, It’s nice meeting you too Sunbae I.O. I’s center.” He greeted her back flashing his eye smile.

 

“Ey, drop the sunbae you’re even older than me Oppa.” Somi.  Oppa? His heart suddenly beats faster like unusual his two co-members we’re also surprised. They just smiled at each other knowing that they have a great news for the members back in the dorm.

 

It’s so noisy inside the room because of the staffs and the idols greeting one another. One of the staff had to clap his hands for attention.

 

 “There’s an emergency meeting with the heads upstairs, everyone’s included except the artists. We’ll leave you for a moment here, suit yourselves. We’re going to ask foods for you.” The staff said and with that the production team including their manager we’re gone in a flash leaving the six of them inside.

 

There’s an awkward silence between the six of them until Yoojung broke the silence.

 

 

“Errr, so what should we do now?” She asked and the others just exchange looks.

 

“Noona, do you have dating experience?” Daehwi asked her.

 

“Yah! That’s out of the line.” Daniel told Daehwi but the girls inside just chuckled.

 

“No its fine! I am proud to say I am single and no boyfriend since birth.” Yoojung answered and suddenly there’s an awkward silence again.

 

“Instead of asking them about dating experiences why not asked them about the idol life. We can get tips and advices.” Jihoon suggested and the others agreed.

 

“Ask us what, when, where, how, which and everything you wanted to know but no personal stuffs.” Sejeong said receiving a nod as agreement from Somi and Sejeong.

 

“How can I deal with noisy members? I can’t focus playing games whenever the hyung’s are around.” Jihoon started reminiscing the times when his character got killed because of Jisung and Jaehwan.

 

“Oops, shouldn’t ask Sejeong unnie that because she’s one of the loudest.” Yoojung commented earning a hit from Sejeong.

 

“How to deal with them? Use aegyo that’s your expertise anyway.” Somi answered instead.

 

“Jihoon? No way. He’s scary at home.” Daniel commented earning a glare from Jihoon.

 

“See that? He just glared at me!” Everybody in the room laugh except Jihoon.

 

It’s obvious that they’re having a good company with one another. It suddenly became a question and answer portion for both parties. As the last question they gave the chance.

 

“Somi sunbae, it’s hard to deal with being the 1st right? Give me some tips please.” Daniel asked.

 

“Being the top 1 is really hard. You need to do everything they asked you. You have more loads than the members from 2 to 11. It’s tiring but the feeling is nice. The feeling of being recognized, appreciated and being loved is the best part of the journey. But it’s not always that good because sometimes you need to face circumstances like being homesick and sick physically. The best way to avoid those is play with your members, enjoy every time you have with them” Somi said and Daniel was stunned on how she answered. He never though that a girl who’s younger than him already has this mindset.

 

The question and answer portion has come to an end since the meeting participants went back to the hall and the meeting started. They talked about the collaboration on the year-end shows and had their lunch inside the meeting room.

 

“Daniel-hyung is crazy.” Guanlin commented while they’re eating dinner.

 

“Yeah ever since we left mnet he’s been smiling and staring on his phone. He’s sick.” Daehwi added.

 

“Why is he like this? Would you like to tell us?” Jisung – the oldest one asked.

 

“He got Somi’s number.” Jihoon shortly replied and his words caused a commotion as the older members went crazy over Daniel’s phone.

 

Later at night, Daniel decided to rest and skip his scheduled game with Jihoon. He laid down on his bed and about to sleep but his eyes just can’t cooperate with him. His small eyes are widely open. He stared at the ceiling, reminiscing his moments with Somi earlier. He smiled and grabbed his phone under his pillow.

 

To Somi-ssi:

Somi –ssi, I had a great time earlier! Thanks to you and the girls. Thanks for your advices. :) This is Daniel by the way.

 

He hesitated to send the message but he got startled when someone opened the door so he accidentally clicked ‘send’. He quickly hides his phone and covers himself with the blanket. When he felt that no one’s in the room again he quickly grabbed his phone again. He smiled, he received a reply.

Oh! God Daniel! I had a great time too. My pleasure, it’s an honor that my advices were printed all over God Daniel’s mind.

 

Hehe glad to know that. Sleep well Somi-ssi.

 

You too, God Daniel and oh call me Somi drop the honorifics Oppa.

 

After texting each other one night, they became close friends like no one expected. They were exchanging text messages every night. They never forget sending good morning and good night to each other.

 

“Daniel hyung is in love!” Daehwi said after watching Daniel who’s busy talking with someone over the phone. Daniel quickly throws the remote on Daehwi.

 

“Who was that?” said the girl over the phone.

“It’s your gay best friend Daehwi.” Daniel replied earning a glare from Daehwi. He just left the place and went to the balcony to have a peaceful surroundings.

“Haha, he says you’re in love! With whom?” Somi asked him curiously but in reality she’s not comfortable asking that question. She felt awkward yet she does not know why.

“That’s not true. Daehwi’s crazy. He said that because he knows I’m on phone call with you.” He said as he scanned the place to look if a member is watching him.

“Oh…” Somi couldn’t say anything because he knows what Daehwi means.

“By the way, we’ll be on break for a month! If…if it’s okay… just one day.” Daniel couldn’t continue his words so Somi had to cut him off.

“What?” She asks.

“Can I ask you to go out? I mean yeah let me re-phrase that. Can we have some time together… I mean hang out…as friends?” Daniel said.

 

“Are you asking me out on a date?” Somi . Well she’s not expecting so much but she loves to tease Daniel.

 

“What? Hell no… I mean it’s not a date! It’s a hangout… yes hangout.” Daniel stuttered on his word making Somi laugh on the other line.

 

“If you say so. Yes, I would love to!” She replied and with that, Daniel blushed so much! His face is so red like a tomato. It’s a good thing no one can see his face.

 

They ended the call since Somi has something to do and the members we’re calling Daniel to play games. Daniel couldn’t believe that he actually asked Somi out on a date, well simply a hangout but for both parties they know that it’s a date.

 

“Hangout… yes I mean hangout. You mean date! Tsk. Daniel hyung that’s not how you ask a girl out! How could you show that you like her if you’re acting that way!” Woojin suddenly approaches Daniel and mimics on how he talks with Somi. He also gave him a criticism.

 

“How do you know huh?! You kid! You only know 1+1!” Daniel backfired and leaves Woojin laughing so hard.

 

-

“Daniel hyung has a date!” Jihoon announced to the whole dorm as he saw Daniel busy dolling up. He’s now in front of the huge mirror to scan how he looks. He puts gel all over his hair. He puts tint on his lips. He made all the efforts to look good even if it’s not needed.

 

“That’s not a date you pig!” He replied throwing his socks on Jihoon.

 

“Ha! No game consoles for you later.”

 

“I don’t care.” He replied and continue fixing his clothes with his hands.

 

“Nye nye, have fun on your date.”

 

“That’s a hangout! Not a date!” He defended for the last time.

 

He went to the nearest café near Somi’s residence since he’s the boy, he waited for the girl. He’s now dressed up with his disguise since there’s a lot inside the café. It’s been minutes but Somi’s still not there. He was looking at his phone monitoring the time. Somi’s now 30 minutes late and he’s becoming nervous that the girl will not arrive. He sips the last portion of his coffee and as he put down his cup the bell suddenly rings. He looks at the door and he saw a girl panting hard. He noticed that it’s Somi so he quickly approaches her.

 

“Hey! What happened to you?” He whispered.

 

“I ran all the way here. I was late so I ran.” Somi explained between her pants.

 

“You don’t need to do that. I can wait.”

 

“Yeah but I did so where are we going now?”

 

“Would you like some drinks first?”

 

“No, there’s a lot of people here. We’re in danger.”

 

They left the café and went to a place which is not crowded. They chose to go to Han river park since the place is not crowded at this time. Daniel bought take out foods. Of course Somi insists to pay but how could Daniel let her do that.

 

They sat on the clean and green grasses of the park and put all their foods in front of them. The wind and the exact temperature of the weather and the presence of one another are just a perfect ‘hangout’ for both of them. But, they did not expect that things would be awkward. Daniel is known to be a shy person so Somi broke their silence.

“Let’s eat! I don’t want these mouthwatering foods to get cold.” She said and clapped her hands.

 

Daniel opens the box of seafood pizza and Somi claps in excitement.

 

“Here try this! We ate that when we were in zero base.” Daniel said and hands Somi a slice of pizza.

 

“Hmmm! You have a good taste huh. I never tried this.” Somi commented while munching on her pizza.

 

“Just call me when you want to eat that.” Daniel said and flashes an assuring smile.

 

“Are you a delivery man now?” Somi but she didn’t expect his response.

 

“Yes, just for you.” He replied and it made Somi blush so she quickly looks away and eats the pizza fastly.

 

After eating bunch of foods they decided to rest first before taking a walk. They both lie down on the grass and stared at the blue sky.

 

“You know what…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I was wondering. If I didn’t join PD 101 can we be friends? I mean I wouldn’t be here beside you right?”

 

“I am also wondering that. If I didn’t join PD 101 will I ever had a chance to meet a guy like you. A friend like you.”

 

“Well, this must be fate. I think we’re destined…”

 

“Destined to be friends yeah right!”

 

“Somi.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“The first time I saw you, you already got my attention. There’s over 101 girls but only you who got my attention.” Daniel opened up a conversation more like his confession.

 

“Because I’m from JYP.” Somi cuts him off.

 

“No! Not because you’re from JYP but because your pretty and well-mannered. You’re famous but you showed you’re no different from the girls. After you won I became a fan. When I joined produce I discovered that your best friend is Daehwi so I kept bugging him about you but he says no. Yeah he’s a protective friend. When we finally met in mnet’s office I thought I finally got a chance.” Daniel said. His words made Somi blushed so much and her face is as red as tomato right now, good thing that they’re both facing the sky.

 

“Chance? What chance?” She asked as she tried her best to act natural when her heart is racing.

 

“To be friends with you.” Daniel answered.

 

“Tsk. It’s really hard to have a pretty friend. You’re being dramatic. Let’s go for a walk!” Somi stands and dusted her clothes.

 

They walk around the park and they’re lucky enough because they found a spot where there’s no one around. They we’re talking about their experiences in Produce and then their experiences with their co-members and mostly personal things about them. They walked side by side and their hand accidentally brushed with one another making both of them flinch with the sudden electricity ran through them. Daniel suddenly stopped his tracks so Somi stopped too.

 

“What’s wrong?” She asked and stopped her tracks too.

 

“Woojin is right. I should stop beating around the bush.” Daniel said while looking on the ground.

 

“What do you mean?” Somi looked at him with knitted brows. She almost stepped back when Daniel stepped closer to her and faced her. A lot of thoughts are running through her mind but she kept her composure since she doesn’t want Daniel to notice that she’s being awkward.

 

“The day after we met in mnet, we never stopped texting each other when we had time. When we had day-off we call each other and talk over the phone for hours. My members already noticed this but I kept denying the fact.” Daniel started looking straight into her eyes making them both stare into each other’s eyes.

 

“Go…Go on…” Somi said when she noticed Daniel hesitated.

 

“I think I’m falling… oh no scratch that! I think I like you!” Daniel stuttered on his words making Somi laugh a little but she hid her laughs.

 

“I think?” She asked trying her best not to smile.

 

“I mean yes! I like you.” Daniel pressed his eyes together before saying the words and that made Somi laugh so hard.

 

“Don’t laugh at me. Just tell me if I don’t have a chance.” Daniel pressed his palms on his face to hide his reddening face.

 

“What are you saying? I didn’t know you have this side.” Somi said between her laugh and quickly removes Daniel’s hand covering his face.

 

She flashes a quick smile and pecked on Daniel’s cheeks in a flash. Daniel’s eyes widened and stares at the girl smiling in front of him before hugging her tightly.

 

“Expect a pizza delivery tomorrow.” He said and they both chuckled.


 

AN: Hello! Bteambaby's back! Sorry if you won't like this. I must admit it, I'm not on my right mind while doing this because of research. Yeah fck research papers but hey I need to graduate! In just 2 months I'm finally leaving High school life so yeah! Anyway I'll focus on this shop on summer break I promise! ;)