Park Woojin x Yoojung

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

mphicoco: Park Woojin x Choi Yoojung Love line

Title: Last Song Syndrome

-

First day of her school, Yoojung sat beside Park Woojin. Woojin found it weird but just ignored it since he has nothing to do with Yoojung anyway. The class starts and Yoojung observed how Woojin behave in class. The principal was right his face expression doesn’t change at all. They are laughing so hard because of the teacher’s joke but Woojin has no reaction at all. Woah, this will be harder than I thought.

 

“Woojin-ssi?” Yoojung called him but he just gave her a cold gaze. Yoojung was taken aback so she looked away. How can someone be so scary like this?

Woojin quickly looked away as he remembered something from her cute voice. His heart started to beat like its unusual speed. He remembered the voice he heard in the subway earlier.

 

Earlier in the Subway

It’s rush hour so the subway is full by employees and students going to their workplace and school. Woojin had no choice but to pin himself in the crowded wagon since he’s going to be late. He looked for his headphones on his bag but failed to see it. He sighed, he forgot his headphones again and he will hear the sound on his annoying surroundings again. He was bored the whole time until he heard someone singing. What the hell? Someone really thinks that this is a karaoke? How can someone just sing like that in public.

Only my shadow knows

How I feel about you

Only my shadow goes

Where I dream of you and me

Should I go or wait?

Is it too soon, too late?

Only my shadow knows

 

He was irritated at first but soon realized that he was really enjoying the song and the voice just fits too well on his taste. He looked around the subway to look who’s the one singing but he failed to find out since the subway already arrived in the station. He still can hear the voice so he scanned the place for the last time until he saw a girl exiting. Is she the one who’s singing? Not a big thing Woojin, now run you’re getting late. He thought as he stepped on the escalated to the exit of the station.

 



 

Present Time

It’s already lunch time. The students are leaving the classroom one by one but neither Yoojung and Woojin didn’t even budge to exit the room.

 

“Woojin-ssi? Do… do you want to have… lunch with me…uh if you want then let’s go!” Yoojung stuttered at first and still able to compose herself since she needs to be good to him. Her voice, I think it was the voice I heard earlier. It’s not bad if I will find out, right? Yeah, it’s a false hope but I’m eager to find that girl. Strange.

 

“I don’t mind.” He coolly replied to her as he stands and walks ahead her. They walk through the hallway side by side and the others find it weird, some are amazed and some are shocked. It’s the first time Park Woojin walk with someone by his side. Why the hell they are giving us that look? Yoojung thought.

 

They reached the cafeteria and Yoojung felt so awkward with the looks and gossips of their classmates. I must do this. I should bear their looks.

 

“She’s sticking to him because he’s the Principal’s son.”

“Wow she’s the first one who approached him.”

“She’ll be dumped soon just like what happened to Sohye.”

 

Yoojung heard all the gossips and tried to ignore them but not the last statement she heard. Who is Sohye? How she’s related to Woojin? Well, it’s for me to find out.

 

Yoojung spaced out for so long and she remained standing beside the table Woojin reserved for them.

 

“Don’t you want to sit?” She came back to her senses as Woojin spoke.

“Huh, oh thanks.” She faced Woojin and grabs the other plate.

 

They eat in silence, ignoring their loud surrounding.

 

“Woojin-ssi.” Yoojung called his name with a soft-tone. That voice is really the voice I heard earlier.

“Yes?”

“I’ll make you smile.” Yoojung said and winked at him. His heart beats like unusual again because of her voice and her statement.

“Really? How?”

“I don’t know yet but I’ll find out a way.”

“There’s only one way and as you said it, you need to find it out.”

 

Another day had ended, Woojin is still eager to find out if Yoojung is the girl who was singing in the subway earlier. As he reached home, he browsed on the internet to find out the song title and it came out that the song is entitled ‘Shadows’ and sung by Austin Mahone. He downloaded the music and played it continuously until he felt sleepy.

 

Yoojung on the other hand felt contended with the day that had passed since she accomplished something today and that is to approach Park Woojin. Now, she has another agenda and it is to find out who is Kim Sohye. Before going to bed, she opened her almost dying laptop. She can’t buy another one since she can’t afford. She opened the browser and searched about Kim Sohye throughout their section’s group chat which Woojin doesn’t belong in. Yoojung is a transfer student so she doesn’t have any idea who is Kim Sohye.

 

She finished looking for her at almost 12 AM in the morning. She found out that Kim Sohye is Park Woojin’s ex-girlfriend. She died last year because of unknown reason the last person she was with before she died is Woojin so the others are speculating that it was Woojin who’s the reason of her death, that’s why the others are afraid to go near him. Ever since Sohye died, the whole school or the whole world couldn’t see Woojin’s toothy smile ever again.

 

It’s Yoojung’s mission, to make Park Woojin smile again. Why? Just because she can’t pay for the school fees so she took the offer from the school’s principal who is Park Woojin’s mother.

-

A week had passed, Yoojung and Woojin grew closer but not to the point that Park Woojin finally smiled and not to the point that Park Woojin found out if Yoojung was really the girl in the subway. Yoojung is trying her best to make him smile so that her mission will be done. She tried to joke around. She tried to act like she tripped. She also danced while making an ugly face but none of them helped her to accomplish her mission. She won’t be able to take her exams until she made Woojin smile and it’s already her deadline at the end of the month.

 

They are walking together in the hallway. Yoojung is walking ahead Woojin few steps away. She is trying to think of a possible way to make him smile. Should I shock him with my ugliest? face? Yoojung grinned with the idea as she tried some ugly expressions. Okay! She faced Woojin but didn’t notice that he is just right behind her. She bumped into his chest and they both lost balance. They fell on the ground. Of course, whenever there’s ‘fell on the ground’ scene there is a staring battle. They stared at each other as if they’re memorizing each other’s features.

 

“*Cough* *Cough*” They felt someone shadowed them and it’s the Principal, Yoojung quickly stand up so as Woojin.

 

“Yoojung-ssi, I want to see you in my office later.” The principal said as she proceeded to walk.

 

“Sorry.” Yoojung muttered.

“It’s fine just don’t go to her office later, I’ll explain.”

“I need to go. I don’t want to be expelled.”

“Okay if you say so.”

 

Yoojung went to meet the Principal. She was nervous because she expected that she would confront her because of the intimate scene earlier but she’s wrong. The principal asked her to join the singing contest, she has no other choice but to agree. She can’t disregard everything that the principal asked her to do.

 

 

She went back to their classroom and Woojin is already there. She quietly sat beside him since he’s sleeping on his own arms. Yoojung leaned on the table too. She faced him as if she’s examining his face. You look so angelic. You look perfect. If only you smile. Yoojung thought, she didn’t realize that her fingers are his soft hair. Woojin opened his eyes as he felt fingers running through his hair. Yoojung quickly sit up straight. It was more than reflex than a move.

 

“What are you doing?”

“A…a…I saw an insect on your hair! I removed it! Yeah that’s it!” Yoojung muttered out of nervousness. Not good at lying. Woojin thought.

 

“Okay but I won’t buy that excuse.”

“Anyway, I’m joining a singing contest!”

“Really? Well good luck, win for our section.”

“Of course, I will be the winner! Do you have some song request? I still don’t know what to sing.”

“Shadows by Austin Mahone will work.” Woojin suggested. He did it on purpose since he thought that it’s the perfect time to confirm if she was really the girl.

“Wow! It’s my first choice. Aren’t we soulmates?”

“Dream on.” Woojin said and leaned back on the table.

 

Yoojung chuckled. She can feel that she’s too close in the finish line.

 

-

“Park Woojin!” Yoojung called Woojin in the hallway. Woojin looked back and approached her halfway.


“Want to hear me practice?” Yoojung offered, Woojin felt his unusual heartbeat again. Perfect! Don’t expect too much Woojin. He thought since his assumption can be also false.

 

They entered the music room. They were the only ones inside. Yoojung went to the sound system to play the minus one version of the song. She was in front and Woojin is in the back of the room watching her from the farthest place he can be.

Yoojung started to sing and his world started to have light. He was right. She’s really that girl. Her sweet voice really fits the song. Her sweet voice just perfectly fits with his ears. He closed his eyes and his heart pumping so hard while listening to her song. She finished the song but Woojin’s eyes were still close.

 

“Yah! How can you sleep? That was rude!” Yoojung rushed to him as she saw his eyes were closed.

Before Yoojung laid her hands on him, he flashes a smile. Yoojung’s world stopped. He smiled? He smiled, right? He smiled! She was frozen until she felt arms enveloped her. He’s hugging me now?

“You’ve finally found out the way to make me smile. I found you.”

“W…what do you mean you found me?”

“The girl who was singing the same song in the subway one month ago.”

“You heard that?”

“Of course! You were so loud and I think all the passengers heard you!”

“Ow, that was embarrassing.”

“No its not… “He couldn’t finish his words since the lights suddenly went off.

“Omo! Woojin! Where are you?” Yoojung said as the darkness enveloped the whole room.

“I’m right here” Woojin said and holds her hands. Without them knowing they were close to each other and their faces are just inches apart. After few seconds of the power breakdown the lights went on again. Their eyes widened as they saw each other just few inches apart. A staring contest happened again. Woojin didn’t know what came up to him. He leaned his face and he pressed his lips on her soft lips. Yoojung’s eyes widened but sooner closed her eyes as his lips moves into hers. They responded to each other’s kiss until…

 

“Anybody here! Yoojung are you still here?”

They quickly pulled away, heat rushing through their cheeks. They looked away from each other.

“Yoojung!” The music teacher called her name again.

“I’m here Mrs. Lee!” Yoojung said and quickly sprint out of the room.

-

After what happened in the music room, things went back to its own place. Nothing had changed between them. They still sit beside each other and eat lunch together. But, none of them talked about the kiss.

Today’s the last practice of Yoojung since the contest will be held tomorrow. Woojin went with Yoojung in the practice room again to listen to his most favorite sound out of all the sounds in the world. She finished singing. Woojin clapped his hands as he flashed his signature toothy smile. Yoojung smiled back, she’s proud to say that she revived that wonderful smile.

 

Woojin walked to approach her, while he’s walking towards her she just froze on her place. Woojin holds her hands and stared straight to her eyes.

 

“Thank you for bringing back this smile of mine. I know this smile helped you for your fees. My mother is the one who asked you to do what you’ve done but I am not mad. I have no regrets but instead, I’m thankful to my Mom and to you of course. Want to see this smile forever?”

 

“At first I addressed being closed to you as my mission but sooner I realized that it’s not the mission anymore. It’s only me, myself and I. Me and my choice. Of course, I would like to see that smile every time and everywhere.”

 

“Then, would you like to date me?” Woojin said, Yoojung didn’t reply instead, she reached for his lips and pressed her lips against his.



An: Sorry if this request took so long. I honestly had a hard time writing this. I hope you appreciate this.