Jihoon x Doyeon

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

jstfyi

 

jihoon x doyeon please....
they're idol and a close friend and often dance practice together. jihoon started realized his feelings for doyeon when he calmed doyeon after they caught doyeon's bf cheating. can i have a happy ending where they become together? thank you!

 

“Hey Park!” Doyeon entered the practice room and her sudden existence made the other Wanna One members threw a teasing smile on Jihoon. They even let out a teasing sound. Jihoon just rolled their eyes at them before giving space to Doyeon.

 

Doyeon sat beside him and suddenly snatches the rice burger he was eating.

 

“Yah! It’s mine, buy yours Yeonie.” He tried to grab it back but too late, Doyeon starts to munch his rice burger. He sighed in defeat and just grab his coke in can but before he even pressed it on his lips Doyeon snatched it.

 

“Yah! Kim Doyeon!”

Doyeon just clings her arms on his and rested her head on his shoulders. Jihoon’s heart suddenly beat like unusual speed.

“Yah! I can hear your heartbeats. Are you sick?” Doyeon asked. Wanna one members laughed at them.

“Nah, his heart beats for you!” Jisung, the oldest said.

“Bro, you like me? Hahaha, that’s a no. I have a boyfriend!” Doyeon said and slightly pushed Jihoon.

“Of course, that’s a no! You’re not my type.” Jihoon backfired and stick out his tongue.

 

He could backfire but deep inside his heart crashed to the fact that Doyeon has a boyfriend and obviously she loves her boyfriend.

 

“Why did you come here anyway?” Jihoon asked her as he snatched back his coke.

“Why? It’s been weeks you know.”

“Yeah, because you’re busy with your boyfriend…ah… I mean your male fans!”

“Ey, stop this drama. I came here because I want to spend time with you before I leave on Friday next week. Yoojung and I are going to abroad for two months. Not that long.”

“You still have one week though.”

“Yeah, and I’ll spend it wisely with my love of course.”

 

Doyeon stayed in the practice room for the whole day. Jihoon didn’t practice but instead, he spent the time with Doyeon. The others are busy practicing while the two of them are busy playing mobile games against each other. They played Mini Militia.

 

“What are you guys playing?” Jinyoung asked.

“Mini Militia Bae.” Jihoon replied without giving a glance.

“OH YEAH!” Doyeon exclaimed as she beats Jihoon on the game with only a point.

“Damn Bae, I lost because of you!”

“Ha! You’ll pay for my ice cream. Let’s go!” Doyeon said and pulled Jihoon out of the room and went to YMC’s resident snack bar.

 

Jihoon ordered two cup of ice cream for them. Since there’s food, silence filled the atmosphere.

 

“Your boyfriend… uhm, you do love her right?”

“Of course, I do! What kind of question is that, Park?”

“Nah, I just pity your boyfriend because he has to deal with an annoying girl.”

“Yah! I’m not annoying.”

“Hey, don’t shout and please eat like a lady.” Jihoon said and suddenly wipes Doyeon’s lips corner with a tissue.

 

They finished eating ice cream while talking and sometimes laughing at each other. They look like a couple but they are not and that’s the saddest part on Jihoon.

 

“I’ll walk you to your dorm.”

“Thanks, but no thanks, my boyfriend will pick me here. You should go back the others are waiting for you.”

“Ne Yeonie.” He said and pinches Doyeon’s cheeks as hard as he can before be running away.

“YAH! PARK JIHOON!” She shouted but the boy just winked at her and continue running.

 

-

“Lover boy is back.”

“Shut up Bae.”

“Ow, he’s in a bad mood. Doyeon’s boyfriend steals the light, right?”

“Shut it oldie. I AM NOT INLOVE WITH HER! She’s my best friend that’s why I care.”

 

They continued teasing Jihoon until they reached dorm. Jihoon is not in the mood to backfire so he just went to his room and laid down on bed. I don’t really like her boyfriend. Doyeonie, I hope your boyfriend is a cheater hahaha. Hell, no Jihoon, it will hurt her.

 

Doyeon and Yoojung went abroad for a short study for two months.

-

 

“Hey Jihoonie! Miss me?” Doyeon entered YMC’s practice room coming all the way from abroad.

“Doyeonie!” Jihoon quickly stand up from the floor and rushed to his best friend who were gone by two months. They welcome each other’s warm hugs. The other members of Wanna One are looking at them but they don’t care at all.

 

Well, it’s acceptable since Doyeon went to abroad for two months so they lost contact. No wonder, they missed each other a lot. Jihoon invited Doyeon inside the practice room. They sat in the corner of the room far from the others.

 

“Hey, Jihoon guess what? My boyfriend gave me this pendant before I left for abroad. It looks good, right?” Doyeon said and showed him a silver pendant.

 

“Well it looks good on you. You look good in everything anyway.”

 

“Don’t bribe me with words.”

 

“Nah, I’m telling the truth.”

 

“And! It will be our first anniversary next month. What should I give him?” Doyeon told Jihoon. Jihoon seems like he liked to listen but deep inside it stabs his heart. Wanna One members noticed it and they are expecting that Jihoon’s mood will be a 180 degree change as soon as Doyeon leaves.

 

Doyeon talks about his boyfriend the whole time and finally Jihoon had a courage to speak his thoughts.

 

“Kim Doyeon, we’ve lost contact for two months and then you came here just to tell me the stories of you and your boyfriend?” He stated with an irritated tone, he called her Kim Doyeon so he’s serious and mad.

 

“E…eh? W…what’s wrong? I mean I always told you the happenings in my life and you never complained. Hahaha, are you jealous?” Doyeon was so serious at first but she suddenly asked him if he is jealous. Jihoon was taken aback with her statement. The other Wanna One members are stopping themselves from laughing.

 

“I…it’s not like that! What I mean is I missed you so much. We lost contact and couldn’t practice together for two months. I’m not jealous! I am dead serious with what I said and then you took it as a joke. Go now and meet your boyfriend!” Jihoon said and walked away leaving Doyeon dumbfounded so as the other boys.

 

Doyeon suddenly felt guilty because he was right. It should be a quality time with his best friend but she just ruined it. She sighed, what should I do? He’s mad at me.

 

Doyeon awkwardly left the room as she received a text message from her manager, telling her that they need to go. She couldn’t apologize to Jihoon.

-

On the other hand, Jihoon returned to their practice room. Teasing smiles of s welcomed him.

 

“Jelly Wink.” Said Daehwi.

“Jihoon is jealous.”

“No, I’m not!”

“Then why did you tell her that?”

“Ok, fine I’m jealous but not the way you think. I’m a jealous best friend okay. I feel like I’m losing my best buddy.”

“Tsk, just admit that you like her…not as a friend but a woman as she is.”

“Nah, I don’t like her that way.” Jihoon replied.

 

-

The following days, Jihoon and Doyeon didn’t contacted each other. Jihoon is busy with preparing for their promotions while Doyeon doesn’t have a courage to contact him because she thought he’s still mad. It’s already Friday and Wanna One will be promoting next week. They were given a chance to rest and the members went to their hometowns just for the weekend but Jihoon is an exemption. He was left in the dorm since his parents are not home so it’s non-sense even if he come home.

 

He decided to clean his stuffs since he can freely move when the others are gone. He started with his clothes and then his personal hygiene items and lastly the items which is not so necessary but he brought in the dorm. He opened a medium sized box entering a passcode. The first thing he saw is the mini booklet contained photos of him and Doyeon.

 

“Yah! Kim Doyeon, you did not even contact me!” He scolded the picture and suddenly his phone rings.

Yeonie Calling…

Accept| Decline

“Yah! You finally called me!”

“Hey Doyeon, are you there? Look I’m not mad at you now so you can talk to me already. Sorry if I act like that.”

“Ji…*sniffs* hoon.”

“Wait? Are you crying?”

“I… need… you right… now.” She said between her sobs.

“Where are you?! Why are you crying?”

“Yah Kim Doyeon!”

“Y…Y…MC.” She said and with that, Jihoon ended the call and runs to the YMC Building just a block away from their dorm.

­

After Jihoon ended the phone he quickly runs to YMC. He’s really in a rush because of worry. The other staffs are greeting him but he couldn’t greet them back. She only says YMC building but Jihoon is certain that she’s in their past practice room.

 

The door flew open and it showed a figure of a girl crying in the corner.

 

“Shhh. I’m here. I don’t know why are you crying but cry it out. Let’s talk when you feel relieved okay?” He said as he pulled Doyeon for a hug. She buried her face on his shoulders and cried.

 

She cried for almost three minutes and Jihoon is already curious on what the matter is.

 

“Hey, too much water came out already. That’s enough.” He said as he held both of her shoulders and made her face him. She looked down but he held her chin up.

 

“Shhh. Stop crying, it’s too much. Spill the beans now.” Jihoon said as he wipes-off her tears.

“He…he’s a cheater. He cheated on me.” She stated, with that statement Jihoon clenched his fists out of anger and annoyance.

“WHAT?!” Oh God, yes, I wished that he is a cheater but I didn’t know that you love me this much to grant that wish.

“Its… our anniversary today...but when…when I went to his house… I saw him making out with a girl---“She couldn’t finish her story because Jihoon interrupted her.

“What the hell?! I want to kill that guy. Where is he right now?” He finally lost his temper upon hearing the story. He suddenly stood up but Doyeon pulled him back.

“Please, I’m not seeking for a revenge. I want you as a best friend right now.” She said and leans her head on his shoulders.

“Okay, I’m sorry.” He said as he rubbed her back.

“The girl is more beautiful than me. She’s near perfection.”

“Nobody’s perfect and she do not deserve to be called beautiful because she ruined a relationship.”

“What’s wrong with me Jihoon?” – She said and looked straight to his eyes. Her eyes are swollen and it is someone Jihoon doesn’t want to see so he looked away.

“Nothing’s wrong with you it’s just that you deserve way better than him. Now, stop crying and start forgetting that . Wanna have some ice cream?” He offered, she smiled on how her best friend made her feel better.

 

“A ramen will do.”

“No one’s in the dorm today. Let’s have some ramen and then watch movies later. Should we?”

“It’s been a long time since we watch movies.”

-

They went to Wanna One’s dorm. Jihoon starts cooking ramen while Doyeon is just sitting on the sofa. While cooking ramen, Jihoon keeps glancing at Doyeon who lifelessly staring at the wall. Jihoon sighed as he walked to her, he sat beside her and she started to cry again.

 

“Doyeon please, stop. I don’t like seeing you crying. Let’s go there now, the ramen’s almost ready.” He pulled Doyeon to the kitchen at exact time the ramen cooked.

 

They eat in silence and then starts watching a movie. They watched a random movie showing on the cable channel since they’re both doesn’t have a strength to find a good movie. In the middle of the movie, Doyeon fell asleep while body is curled up in the sofa. Jihoon fixed her position. She occupied the sofa so Jihoon just sat on the floor in front of her.

 

“I want to wipe-off that tears. Will you let me?” He whispers as he caressed cheeks.

“I can’t deny it anymore, even from myself. I can’t deny the fact that I do love you already.”

“hmmm. I love you… Eunwoo.” She talked to her sleep. Jihoon sighed, she really loves him.

“Doyeon please, open your heart for another man. A man that will wipe-off your tears. A man that will erase the scars. It’s me. Open your heart for me, please.” He said and then held her hand.

-

It’s been a month since Doyeon and her boyfriend broke up. She was always in YMC’s practice room, she’s not an idol under the agency anymore since I.O.I disbanded but the reason why she’s going is to be with her best friend.

 

“Uh… Manager hyung is calling us.” Jihoon said, the other members followed him outside.

“Really Jihoon?”

“No, I just want you all to get out just for a minute. I’ll call you when you’re allowed to go in.” Jihoon said. He entered the practice room again and then locked the door immediately. The others can watch him outside but they cannot hear him.

 

“Yeonie.” He called Doyeon who’s currently facing the mirror, dancing.

“Why?” She replied without looking.

“Can we talk?” He said as he looked at her through the mirror.

“Of course, so what’s the matter.” Doyeon faced him.

 

Silence filled the room. Jihoon cannot speak right away. He took a deep breath before holding her hands. Doyeon’s eyes widened and blood rush up to her cheeks.

 

“Wa…what are you doing?”

“Doyeon, I know you haven’t moved on yet. I know he’s still there inside your heart. And, I also know that you’re still crying every time you were alone. I know that the scars are still fresh and unaided.”

“Jihoon…sorry, I know you don’t want to see me cry but I can’t help it.”

“That’s the matter. I want to wipe-off your tears. I want to be the aid of your scars and wounded heart. I want to bring back the old Doyeon… Will you let me?”

“Thank you, but if you’re doing this as my best friend because you pity me…please don’t.”

“I’m not doing this as your best friend. I am doing this because I am me, Park Jihoon a guy who’s in love with you one year ago.”

-

Doyeon let Jihoon help her to move on. She accepted his offer which is to make her move on. Doyeon did the right thing. She’s not crying every night anymore. She can walk around Fantagio at ease. She’s not insecure anymore. She now believes on herself. She’s now the stronger Kim Doyeon. She completely moved on. All of that is because of her boyfriend Park Jihoon.

-

“Everything’s ready guys?” Daniel checked the practice room.

“Jaehwan, Minhyun hyung , Sungwoon hyung?”

“We’re good!”

“Maknaes?”

“Ready!”

“Jisung hyung?”

“Ready!”

“Jihoon texted me and they’re on their way here! Get ready guys!” Daniel

 

When the two finally entered the practice room, Daniel turned off the lights and it made the room completely dark.

 

“Ow… what happened? Jihoon where are you?” Doyeon tried to find Jihoon using her sense of touch.

“Yah! Park Jihoon! I’m scared. Where are you?” She couldn’t find him and she started to get scared.

Her heart is beating so fast. She sat on the floor and curled her body. She’s now hugging her knees.

 

After few seconds, the lights went open. Jihoon is already in front holding a bouquet of red roses. Jaehwan started to strum the guitar and Minhyun sing after. Jihoon walks towards her. Her heart is beating so fast and were surprised on what she saw. Jihoon placed the flowers on top of the speaker and then he holds her hands.

 

“Can I have this dance please?” He placed her hands on Doyeon’s waist while Doyeon puts her hands on her shoulders.

 

“Remember this dance?”

 

“Of course, this dance made us the King and Queen of the prom.”

 

The three sang for three minutes as Jihoon and Doyeon danced along. The others are being envious on the side. The lights went off again but opened after few seconds too.

 

“KIM DOYEON, DO I HAVE SPACE IN YOUR HEART?” It is written in the banner made by the maknaes.

Jihoon picked the flowers again.

“Your answer please?”

“No…” The room suddenly went awkward and silent.

“No because my heart belongs to you now.” She said and pulled the flowers from him.

“Damn! You scared me.” Jihoon pulled her for a hug.

“I love you/I love you.” They both said in the same time.

Few seconds have passed and none of them broke the hug. They feel comfortable with each other’s embrace and none of them wants to pull away. They love being in each other’s embrace.

 

“Are we done now? Jihoon hyung, buy us an ice cream now.” Jinyoung interrupted their moment.

 

Jihoon and Doyeon looked at each other and then they run away.

“YAH! PARK JIHOON!” The others called him but he doesn’t care at all.

 

All he care about is to have a meaningful first day with her.

 



Bteambaby: I cringe while writing this! Heol. I hope you'll like it!