Daniel x Sejeong

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

michelle_aquino

Sejeong + Daniel ft. Chungha + Seongwoo, and Somi + Guanlin

Some Wannaone and I.O.I members will have a collaboration for a special stage. They have to be in partners and Sejeong and Daniel are partners. They start to hang out a lot and start liking each other. Maybe ends with a confession.

 

 

“Kang Daniel, Ong Seongwoo and Lai Guanlin, you guys are set to join the collaboration stage of the upcoming SBS Gayo Daejun. You will be collaborating with the I.O.I girls Sejeong, Chungha and Somi. You have two weeks to practice. The practice will be in our dance studio from 5pm to 8pm in the evening. That’s all for today, we’ll discuss the collaboration matters on the first day of your practice. Meeting’s done, be safe on your way home.” The production head of YMC entertainment explained. The three boys were happy upon hearing the announcement while the others are envious of them. They were glad that they are chosen to be part of the collaboration project but what excite them more is the girls. With no personal feelings involved, they are huge fans of the girls when they were in I.O.I up until now that they are promoting with their respective groups.

 

The boys went to their zero base home, victorious. The other members went to their rooms because of tiredness while the three members set for the collaboration went to the food corner of the base to celebrate their ‘victory’.

 

“Hey! Not even once in my life I imagined dancing with Kim Chungha! I mean everyone knows how good she is!” Seongwoo exclaimed while munching on his buttered pop-corn.

 

“I’ve been asking Soyeon noona to get an autograph from Somi Sunbaenim for me but she never did. Now, I can even take a picture with her!” Guanlin said after taking a sip of his ramen.

 

The two of them are really excited but the other one is just smiling to himself while eating Pikachu don katsu. The two noticed the silence of their center Kang Daniel so they both throw the empty bottles of their soda to him.

 

“YAH! What’s your problem?” Daniel quickly throws the bottles back to the boys but they just shook their heads and laugh at him.

 

Daniel was reminiscing the times when he met Sejeong in the backstage. She’s so beautiful and kind. She has a friendly aura that makes everyone wants to be friends with her. When Sejeong performed ‘Irony’ Daniel was already stunned by her talents and kindness. In fact, Sejeong was Daniel’s number 1 in the list back in Produce 101 season 1. There’s no personal feelings involved but only an admiration of a fan boy. Now that they were set to have a collaboration, Daniel wants to take the opportunity to be friends with her. In the middle of his deep thoughts, his two cats jumped into him and that made him go back to reality.

 

The day has come. It is the first day of the practice for the collaboration. After filming ‘Knowing Brothers’ the other members went back to zero base while the three went straight to YMC building. They went to their practice room and noticed that no one still there so they took the time to rest. After few minutes, the choreographer for the collaboration arrived.

 

“Good Evening boys!” The choreographer entered the room.

 

“Annyeong Hasseyo, we are Wannaone. I am Kang Daniel.” Daniel introduces himself first followed by Seongwoo and Guanlin.

 

“It’s nice to meet you. My name is Lai Guanlin. I am from Taiwan.”

 

“My name is Ong Seongwoo! We’re glad to work with you!”

 

“I’m also glad to work with the trending boy group of the year! Let’s start?” Choreographer

 

“But the girls are not here yet.” Daniel

 

“They will arrive soon but for the mean time do your warm-up just like what you used to do in Wannaone’s practices. I’ll discuss some matters with the head producer of the music festival upstairs. Please do what I ask you to do since I don’t want someone disobey my rules.”

 

“Yes saem!” The boys answered in chorus before Kasper left the room.

 

They warmed up their bodies while waiting for Kasper to comeback. After few minutes, they finished their warm up but Kasper is still not there so they decided to dance for few times until the door clicks and gained everyone’s attention. Long haired lady which mostly like in her 30s or 40s entered the room first but the girls following her made the boys frozen. Sejeong, Chungha and Somi entered after their manager.

 

“Annyeong Hasseyo?” The manager said in questioning tone since the boys seems to lost their senses.

 

“Oh! Annyeong Hasseyo! We are Wannaone!” They all said in chorus after gaining their senses back.

 

“Annyeong Hasseyo.” The girls greet them back.

 

“Everyone is here?” The Choreographer went back.

 

“YES!” The idols answered in unison.

 

“Okay let’s start! Now, let me discuss our concept. Our concept is simply hit songs medley. Boys and Girls will dance alternately according to the arranged music the production team provided. The first song is BTS’ DNA followed by Twice’ Likey and then EXO’s Kokobop followed by Black Pink’s ‘As if it’s your last’. Of course the boys will dance to boy groups’ and girls will dance to girl groups’. The performance won’t end there of course. Lastly, you will dance to…”

 

“Gashina?” Daniel asked the Choreographer shakes his head in disapproval. The other boys face palmed because of their center addicted to Sunmi’s hit song.

 

“Red Flavor?” Sejeong tried to guess.

 

“No, you already danced individually, what do you think the next dance would be?” The choreographer said and smiled to them sheepishly.

 

“Ah! We will dance by partners!” Seongwoo jumped into his place as if his guess was right.

 

“Exactly! Try to guess what song you will dance to.” Choreographer said and he made everyone stand and cupped their mouths in surprise or excitement or whatever they would call it.

 

“Don’t Recall by KARD?” Chungha guesses and she was actually right.

 

“Yes and now let’s start with ‘Don’t Recall’ since both of you guys were here today. Tomorrow only girls have practice since the boys have another schedule. There will be little changes in the original choreography since you guys are six. Understand?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Daniel there” He points the place “Sejeong, in front of Daniel but move a little.” He continued and the members followed his instructions. “Seongwoo and Chungha, Guanlin and Somi, just follow Daniel and Sejeong’s position and then we’re all set.”

 

The members went to their assigned places. Wannaone boys couldn’t help but to try to hide their smiles. This is purely coincidence but this is what they talked about last night. Seongwoo wants to be partnered with Chungha and Guanlin wants to be partnered with Somi. Their wishes came true as if Gods and Goddesses of Athens heard their prayers.

 

“Perfect! You guys are really good.” After three hours the practice ended. The practice went smooth and the choreographer did not even repeat his words and actions just for the idols to learn. They are fast learners and the three hours of practice was worth it. If the choreographer would describe how good they are, he thinks they already mastered the two-minutes long choreography.

 

“Thank you so much!” The idols replied altogether and bowed respectfully to their Choreographer.

 

The choreographer excused himself and left early because of another teaching schedule. The idols were left in the studio since their managers are still in the middle of meeting with the higher ups.

The idols were left in the room by themselves and luckily Seongwoo was there to lit up the atmosphere.

 

“Kim Chungha Sunbaenim! I never imagined that I would have this chance to dance with you. I’m so really, really, really, seriously, totally thankful to be part of this collaboration stage.” Seongwoo said and puts his hands up as if he’s worshiping all the Gods and Goddesses. He earned so much laugh from the girls and jeer from his co-members.

 

“Aw hahaha you’re so funny Seongwoo-ssi, just so you know I am also thankful to have this collaboration stage with you guys.” Chungha replied and sits at the corner of the studio, Seongwoo followed her and sits beside her.

 

“So, when did you start dancing?” He opened-up a conversation and sooner they were both immersed in talking.

 

Meanwhile, Guanlin and Daniel are being shy to approach the other girls who are busy with their phones. They are just looking at them, admiring how beautiful they are.

 

“I’m hungry.” Sejeong told Somi and points out her tummy.

 

“Me too.” Somi replied and pouted her lips cutely. Guanlin suddenly blushed as he saw his crush act cutely.

 

“Uh, you guys are hungry? There is ‘Subway’ just few walks away from here. You want sandwiches guys?” Daniel asked them gaining everyone’s attention but they were silent and did not respond.

 

“Don’t worry! It’s on me. My treat.” Daniel assured them.

 

“Okay! Sandwich! I want.” Seongwoo said.

 

“Me too!” The others replied in unison.

“Sandwich it is. Guanlin come with me.” Daniel said and attempts to pull Guanlin from his seat but the latter did not budge a little.

 

“I’ll come with you!” Sejeong volunteered earning everyone’s attention but decided not to add a comment. Guanlin winked at Daniel and mouthed ‘Thank me later’ Daniel just glared at him.

 

Sejeong and Daniel went out together to buy sandwiches. The shop is just few walks away from the building. They ordered sandwiches enough for everybody and their managers. While waiting, they sat on the corner of the shop to avoid being recognized.

 

“How was it?” Sejeong opened a topic but Daniel did not get it.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean having your first salary.”

 

“It was good. I mean earning money is not just a simple thing. Earning this money means a lot. I went through hard works yet lots of memories I would remember in my entire life.”

 

“We’re so alike. I was like that when I first received my first salary as I.O.I member too. Instead of thinking how much I would earn in one year and every song releases, I think of making memories while earning money or earning money while making memories.”

 

“How about you? How was your Produce 101 experience?”

 

“If I would describe it, it was something I wouldn’t forget in my whole life even if my hair turns white. It was an amazing experience, I gained friends, I learned a lot and it gave me a huge opportunity to show my talent.”

 

“Do you have boyfriend oh scratch that... sorry.”

 

“Haha, that’s fine. I don’t have a boyfriend but I had in the past. It’s just a puppy love for me though. What about you?”

“I had one too.”

 

“Had? So I think you guys are over now?”

 

“Sad to say yes.”

 

“But why?”

 

“It’s my fault because I wanted to be an idol. I asked her if she can wait for me and she said yes but believe it or not when I won as the 1st place it was also the same time she texted me that we’re over.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Nothing to apologize to. I’m over with it anyway.”

 

They talked about each other’s lives as if they’re close friends. Both of them did not expect that they will be comfortable with each other within a short period of time. Sejeong is known to be friendly but Daniel did not expect that she will open-up her life to him in just short period of time.

 

They went back to the building holding bags of sandwiches for everyone. They were laughing at each other because of the funny stories they shared. They entered the room with bright smile on their faces which earned suspicious looks from their members. The sandwiches were distributed equally and their manager also arrived. They ate first before bidding goodbye. They boys are gentlemen enough to walk with the girls ‘til they reached their van parked in the basement.

 

“Sejeong-ssi, I had a great time. Thanks for coming with me to buy sandwiches.” Daniel said as they reached the where the van located.

 

“I had a great time too. Daniel-ssi. See you again soon?” Sejeong said as she puts her things first inside the van.

 

“Yes, more practices to come.” Daniel said.

 

“Let’s go, it’s getting late.” The girls’ manager said as she entered the van.

 

“Seongwoo Oppa Annyeong!” Chungha said and waved while the van is moving its way out.

 

“Guanlin-ah! Annyeong!” Somi did the same. They boys waved back at them and Daniel just stood behind them.

 

“Yah! You two are already close with them?!” Daniel asked as soon as the van was out of their sight.

 

“Yeah I even got Chungha’s phone number.” Seongwoo said as he waved his phone in front of Daniel’s eyes.

 

“Me too. I got Somi’s number.” Guanlin said while touching something over his phone.

 

“You two are fast.” Daniel commented soullessly.

 

“Don’t tell me… Oh God! You’re so weak Kang Daniel!”

 

“Uh…I…I just don’t like rushing things!” Daniel fires back.

 

“If you say so.” Seongwoo said and walks back to the building with Guanlin on his side busy with his phone.

 

Two weeks later, it’s already D-1 before the concert. The members of the collaboration we’re gathered in the studio to practice their performance for the last time. Almost two weeks ago, Daniel finally got the courage to ask for Sejeong’s phone number. Through the days, they were texting each other and as they grow closer they even call each other at night. When there’s no practice, Daniel always called Sejeong at night asking how she is. In just a week or two they grow closer like the other members.

 

“I’m so proud of you guys! This is just a practice but it feels like the actual performance already! Honestly speaking, you guys have strong chemistry! All of you! Why don’t you try dating each other?”

 

“EH?!”

 

“That’s a half joke, half meant but not for Guanlin and Somi since you guys are still young.”

 

The choreographer teased them more and they blushed like tomato. They just hid their faces among each other by using their phones.

 

“You guys deserves an award though.”

 

“Amusement Park!” Seongwoo suggested.

 

“Oh! Call! I’m with you guys so less issues with the press right?”

 

“Yes hyung, you’re there to save us if we became involved in a dating scandal.”

 

“Ok, the day after the concert?”

 

“YES!” Everyone answered excitedly.

 

After planning the amusement park trip they went to cafeteria to eat. The others went out first, Daniel and Sejeong were left in the room.

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t want to go to amusement park?” Daniel noticed than Sejeong became silent so he asked why.

 

“No, it’s just…uh I’ve never been there for a long time.” Sejeong replied awkwardly since she’s lying.

 

“Then you should be excited!”

 

“Uh, yeah I should be.”

 

“Are you scared?” Daniel asked as he noticed something’s not right with Sejeong.

 

“Scared of what?” Sejeong asked while her eyebrows met one another.

 

“Rides.” Daniel shortly replied.

 

“Uh…” Sejeong hesitates.

 

“Tell me the truth.” Daniel said authoritatively.

 

“Ye…yes.” Sejeong replied and quickly looks away because she’s embarrassed.

 

“Don’t be, I’m here for you.” Daniel said as he lifts Sejeong’s face by holding her chin. Their eyes met each other and the atmosphere suddenly became awkward as their hearts beat like unusual.

 

“Yah! Don’t make fun of me when we get there huh!” Sejeong broke the awkwardness.

 

“Okay, I won’t and I will never! Let’s go eat I’m so hungry.”

The day has come, they are already on the backstage waiting for their turn onstage. With the director’s que, the boys entered the stage first. They used the left wing of the stage as they danced to DNA. The lights went off and the right wing of the stage went bright as the girls danced to ‘Likey’. Same thing happens with the performance of the two song until the lights totally went off. The lights went on again and the fans went crazy as they started dancing to ‘Don’t Recall’ After almost 10 minutes of performance, they’ve finally went back to the backstage with joy in their hearts.

 

“You did well!” Seongwoo said as he pulls Chungha for a hug.

 

“You were so handsome while dancing.” Chungha compliments him and it made him tighten his hug even more.

 

“GUANLIN-AAAH!” Somi runs to Guanlin who’s just finished drinking his water.

 

“YAH! I almost choke with water!” Guanlin said as he throws towel to Somi.

 

Unlike the older ones, they are just kids who likes to play around.

 

“Hehe, you’re so good at dancing. We did it!” Somi said as she pinched Guanlin’s cheeks.

 

“You’re so pretty.” Guanlin replied as he also did the same to Somi. Somi’s face suddenly became red and she blamed Guanlin pinching her cheeks for that.

 

On the other hand, not too far from the others lies Sejeong and Daniel sending compliments to one and other and sharing a tight hug.

 

“You ready for the rides tomorrow?” Daniel asked.

 

“As long as you’re there for me.” Sejeong replied with her famous eye smile.

 

“Don’t worry, God Daniel will be there to be with Goddess Sejeong.” Daniel said and holds both of her hands.

 

“You’re so full of confidence ey!”

 

“Just for you!”

 

“Yah, stop! Let’s just go back to the waiting room.” Sejeong said as she runs away to hide her reddening cheeks.

 

Their plan really happened. They are now in the amusement park. The others already went to the places they wanted to go. Guanlin and Somi went to extreme rides as they are kids who likes adventure. Seongwoo and Chungha went to one of the karaoke booths to sing trot songs as Seongwoo likes to make Chungha laugh. Daniel and Sejeong are now sitting on the bench far from the crowded place.

 

“You don’t really want to try?” Daniel asked Sejeong as he looks at the giant roller coaster.

 

“I would like to but I’m afraid.” Sejeong said and looks down on her feet. Daniel turned his eyes on her and sighed.

 

“I told you not to be scared when you’re with me. Come on, face your fears.” Daniel said and lowered his head to meet Sejeong’s level. Sejeong looks straight into his eyes before nodding twice.

 

They went to the roller coaster and in just few minutes, it’s finally their turn. Daniel chose the middle seat since it’s not as scary as the front and back seats. As soon as they sit, Sejeong grips on the metal support in front of their seats. Daniel placed his hands above Sejeong to assure her that she’s safe. After a ‘creak’ was heard the coaster starts moving.

 

“Don’t close your eyes.” Daniel told Sejeong and giggles.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” As soon as the ride starts moving like how it used to, the people starts shouting as the rides made a sudden scoop in their stomachs.

 

‘Should I shout it here? They won’t hear me right?’ Daniel thought as he looks at Sejeong who’s eyes were closed and pressed as if they would open voluntarily.

 

“I LOVE YOU KIM SEJEONG!” Daniel shouted with all his heart out. Little did he know, although the other people did not give attention, there is a girl beside her who clearly hears what he said. Her heart is now beating faster like unusual, uncertain if it was because of the ride or what Daniel said.

 

The ride finally stopped and Sejeong feels like her knees became jelly. She couldn’t stand straight but luckily Daniel – the guy who indirectly confessed to her is there to support her. Sejeong couldn’t look at Daniel straight into his eyes and Daniel noticed it.

 

‘Maybe she heard.’ Daniel though and he suddenly became nervous.

 

“Daniel…” Sejeong calls his name as they walk away from the roller coaster.

 

“Huh?” Daniel asked and waited for her reply as if his life depended on it.

 

“I want to try another one.”

 

“What?”

 

“Another ride I mean.”

 

“It’s getting dark. Would you like to ride that one?” Daniel asked her and points out the Ferris Wheel lighted with colorful lights.

 

“I would love to.”

Without any hesitations, they made their tracks to the Ferris wheel. After few minutes in the line, they finally got their turn. The place is closed and only the two of them were inside. As the ride starts moving, they can already see the beautiful city of Seoul. They can even see Namsan Tower from their place. They were silent the whole time. Daniel was thinking on how he could explain his feelings to Sejeong. Sejeong was thinking if Daniel meant what he said earlier in the thrilling roller coaster ride. Their deep thoughts stopped at the same time the ride stopped. They are now on the top and they can clearly see the city of Seoul.  Sejeong got scared and thought that the ride was broken.

 

“Daniel! What’s happening?”

 

“Don’t be scared, this actually stops here.”

 

“Is that so? Okay…”

 

“Sejeong…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I think uh… I think you heard what I said in the roller coaster ride earlier. I mean if you did not then you wouldn’t act this awkward to me.

 

“Yes… I heard.”

 

“I’m glad that you heard it.”

 

“Do…do you actually…uh mean it?”

 

Daniel took a deep breath before responding to the biggest question of his life time.

 

“Ever since I saw your level test in Produce 101, I already admired you but that was me being a fanboy. I voted you on the show and supported your group ‘Gugudan’ and your solo song. I was really your fanboy…”

 

“Was?”

 

“Yes, because I am your lover now. Oh God let me finish my confession please.”

 

“So I was really your fanboy and all of my friends know that. I am actually thankful to this collaboration stage. I never expected that we would be this close to the point that I actually fall for you. You’re one of a kind Sejeong. You are talented, kind and most of all the most down to earth person I’ve ever met. There’s no doubt that everyone admires you. If you doubt my feelings for you, please don’t. I love you Kim Sejeong and if you still don’t believe me, I’ll prove it to you just give me time.” Daniel stated the words from his heart, looking straight into Sejeong’s eyes and holding her hands tightly as cheesy as it sounds.

 

“Kang Daniel…” Sejeong said with a much different tone like those lively ones. Her tone is monotone and it made Daniel nervous as if Sejeong’s going to reject his confession.

 

“Who told you that I don’t believe you?! Who wouldn’t fall for handsome, kind, gentleman and also the most down to earth guy I’ve ever met!” Sejeong said and smiled sweetly and it melted Daniel’s heart.

 

Daniel pulled her for a hug at the same time the ride moves.

 

“I love you/I love you.” They said in chorus and it made them both chuckle.

 

Nothing is impossible in this world. Nothing can stop hearts beating for each other. Idol or not as long as there’s love… everything is possible.



 

AN: So cheesy aaaah. I’m sorry I wasn't able to give focus to the side couples. I am sorry for many things and just so you know guys, tomorrow is our thesis defense wish me luck please! Just one month more and I’m finally graduating from Senior High School. I PROMISE, on summer vacation I will focus on this shop. Huhu. Chaeyeon x Dongho’s one shot coming up-next. :) don’t leave me please, please bear with me guys.