Jihoon x Somi

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

typicalkpoofan

Somi x Jihoon: Love line

 

Title: His Lucky Neon Shoe Laces

 

“Good Morning Class!” The teacher entered the classroom.

“Good Morning Teacher!” The students greeted leaded by their class president Park Jihoon.

 

The students settled themselves on their respective places as they took out the necessary things from their bags. The teacher hooked some papers from her bag and the students suddenly got nervous. It’s their 2nd Quarter exams.

 

“Yah, you should revoke his reigning. He snatched your rank.” Somi’s seatmate whispered at her. Somi just rolled her eyes and ignored her seatmate.

 

The teacher distributed the test papers. Others sighed in disappointment, others shouted in joy and others are quietly satisfied with their scores. Meanwhile, there’s Jeon Somi who’s being regretful and Jihoon who doesn’t care at all because he got the perfect score.

 

“Everyone please give Jihoon a round of applause.” The teacher said, everyone clapped their hands excluding Somi. Damn, how does he manage to get a perfect score? Why did he come here? He shouldn’t come. My mom would kill me if I won’t retrieve the first rank.

 

Jihoon thanked the class and sit back to read notes with his reading glass on his eyes. Somi on the other hand was wondering on how she can revoke Jihoon. He’s quiet, smart and do not like socializing with others. He’s focused on academics. His fashion is so-so and his shoe laces that was outrageous. She thought, she hooked her phone from her pocket and hide it under the table. She scrolls through Jihoon’s SNS. Ever since he was a kid, he’s a breadwinner. He won in Math, English and Science contest when he was in elementary. He also joined theatre club and leads theatre shows. Somi noticed something, his shoe laces were the same through the years. Neon green paired with orange and sometimes pink shoelaces. It’s nonsense. What should I do is to distract him. Should I seduce him, oh no the term is not right.

Somi’s thought got cleared when her classmates said goodbye to the teacher. She spaced out from class for so long. She missed the lesson. It starts today. She thought and walked towards the seat beside Jihoon which is a vacant seat.

 

“Hey, can I sit here?” She said, Jihoon just nodded his head and continue reading the book. So rude boy.

 

Why did she come here? What the hell she needs? She likes me? Jihoon thought and smirked.

 

“Why did you smirk?” Somi asked.

“It’s because of what I am reading.” Jihoon replied without looking at her. Somi got annoyed so she stands up.

 

“Aaaaah.”  She almost fell luckily Jihoon was able to grab her arms before she fell. She almost fell because Jihoon purposely step on her untied shoelaces.

 

“Be careful please.” Jihoon said. Let’s see who will get distracted. Somi on the other hand blushed because of sudden skinship. She didn't look back but instead she walks away and went back to her place acting as if nothing happened. I’m so stupid. I should attract him not embarrass myself.

 

The following days, Somi thought her plan is working since Jihoon is also treating her nice. She also transferred seat beside Jihoon. Their classmates are starting to gossip about them but Jihoon doesn’t care at all since he’s just playing with Somi’s tricks. They go to school together. They walk home together. They eat together every lunch and snack time. They became partners on groupworks which was unfair to others since they are rank 1 and 2.

 

Today is their third week being friends. It’s lunch time and both doesn’t have the appetite to eat lunch so they decided to go to the rooftop. They sat on the bench and watched the busy street of Seoul while swaying their feet. Somi looked down and noticed Jihoon’s shoes. He’s still wearing neon.

 

“Hey, your shoelaces why don’t you stick to one color only and please not neon colored laces.” Somi commented as she looked at Jihoon’s shoes. Jihoon followed her gaze and chuckled.

“Neon shoelaces are precious to me. I can’t live without them. They are my lucky charm. I think I’ll failed if I don’t have them with me.” Jihoon stated. Damn, why did I tell her that? I need to keep my neon shoelaces now.

 

Woah, Jihoon is an idiot too. He gave me an ace. Somi thought as she faked a smile.

 

“Well every one of us has a lucky charm.” She shortly replied and turned her look on the busy street again.

 

The plan continued for weeks until the week before the final exam of the first semester. In this exam, the students will be ranked among all the students in their grade. Somi’s mother paid for private tutoring so she couldn’t hang out with Jihoon most of the times. On the other hand, Jihoon was locked up to his room every weekend and as soon as he went home from school. It was his father’s order.

 

The plan continued and without them knowing it, they are both falling for each other’s bait. Somi’s slowly having an affection towards Jihoon and it’s the same for him. The first two weeks was all an act but the following weeks they started to forget about their agendas and found themselves enjoying each other’s company.

 

Today’s Saturday and on Monday is their final exams. Somi’s private tutoring ended and her mother let her rest in able to have a fresh mind before the exam. Jihoon’s father did the same, he was unlocked now and free. His father told him to relax this weekend because relaxed mind works better.

 

Jihoon grabbed his phone beside his lamp and texted Somi.

 

 

Are you free today? Do you want to stroll around the streets tonight?

 

Few minutes later, he received a reply.

 

Yes! I was about to ask you the same thing. Let’s go!

 

That night Jihoon went to pick her up from her house. They took a bus and dropped at the first station. From there, they started to walk. They tried fishcakes, soondae and deokboki on street stalls.

 

“Somi-ya.” Jihoon called her. She turned her head to face him and their face are just inches apart. Somi’s eyes widened and about to step back but Jihoon suddenly brushed her cheeks with his handkerchief some deokboki sauce smudged on her face and Jihoon wiped it off.

 

“Y-yah You don’t need to do that.” Somi said and looked down hiding her reddish face.

 

“Haha, you’re so cute.” Jihoon said and chuckled.

 

After strolling around the busy streets, they decided to go home since they’re both tired and sleepy. While walking Jihoon noticed that Somi’s just wearing sandals and her feet are swollen.

 

“Hop on.” Jihoon said and offered his back for Somi.

 

“Why? I’m fine.” Somi said, Jihoon slightly tapped her feet and she winced in pain.

 

“See? You’re in pain. Faster, so we can go home.” Jihoon said, Somi hesitated at first but agreed since she’s tired and in pain.

 

Jihoon smiled. He quietly walked and soon noticed that Somi fell asleep on his back. He was on his way to his home since it’s nearer that Somi’s place. He planned to send Somi home through their car. One block away from his home, it started to rain but it didn’t wake up Somi. What a heavy sleeper. Jihoon thought and walks faster. He reached the block where his home belongs in and suddenly heavy raindrops fall.

 

“Oh god.” He heard Somi said.

“Stay still.” He said and started to run but not too fast because Somi is on his back.

 

They reached Jihoon’s place soaking wet because of the rain. His mom welcomed them and assists them.

 

“Kids, you might get sick. Change your clothes now.” Jihoon’s mom said as she handed them towel. Jihoon headed to his room while Somi headed to Jihoon’s mom’s room. Jihoon’s mom handed her clothes.

 

After changing clothes, they both went downstairs. They decided to watch movie while waiting for the rain to stop.

 

“I’ll send you home when the rain stopped.” Jihoon said as he sat beside Somi on the sofa.

“Sorry for being a disturbance, does your back hurts?” Somi asked him.

“No.” He shortly replied as he set up the movie they will watch. They decided to watch wonder woman.

 

They are watching movie while eating fries as their snack. Jihoon done eating his portion of fries but he wants more.

 

“Ah.” He opened his mouth and indicating Somi to give him some fries. Somi chuckled and fed him fries. Jihoon flashes the brightest smile he has and pinches Somi’s cheeks.

 

“You’re so cute!” Jihoon said but quickly releases her cheeks since he felt awkward.

 

They became silent and just quietly watches the movie. Somi felt sleepy. Jihoon noticed it so he rested her head on his shoulders. He chuckled as he watched her sleeping.

 

“If you’re not sincere on being friends with me; If you’re just trying to distract me; If this have something to do with the school rankings, please stop. I stopped you should stop too. If you want the first rank, I’ll give it to you just don’t play bad tricks like this.” Jihoon said as he brushed her hair.

 

He lifted Somi and brought her to his room. He let her use his bed and he just sleep on the floor with a blanket and a comforter. He tucked-in Somi in the comforter before turning off the lamp.

 

“Goodnight. I love you.” Jihoon unknowingly stated the three words. Damn why did I say? What if she hears?

 

“I love you too.” Somi suddenly muttered. Does she sleep talking?

 

The next day Somi woke up first. She noticed that it’s not her room. Where am I? Where the hell is this? She almost freaks out but she saw familiar shoelaces scattered on the floor. This is Jihoon’s place. She looked around and found him lying on the floor. Oh damn, why did he sleep there? She went down from bed and walks near him.

 

“Hey, wake up. Jihoon-ah.” She ducked and tapped rosy his cheeks.

 

“Jihoonie.” She whispered, he opened his eyes and saw a familiar face in front of him. He smiled and stretches while yawning. He’s so cute. Somi thought and chuckled.

 

Jihoon leave her in his room. He went downstairs to prepare breakfast for her. Somi noticed the neon laces again. It’s Jihoon’s lucky laces. Should I? She asked herself but in the end, she picked his lucky shoelaces that have been with him ever since he was in grade school. His lucky shoelaces that he wore the past years while achieving his current achievements. I don’t want to hurt him tho.

 

“Jeon Somi, if you didn’t get the 1st rank this time. I’ll send you abroad.” She remembered what her mom said. Sorry Jihoon I’m doing this because I need to and I don’t want to leave this country. I don’t want to leave you.

 

Jihoon called her so she quickly put the laces on her bag and went downstairs. After eating breakfast Jihoon drive her home.

 

“Sorry I wasn’t able to send you home last night.” Jihoon said.

 

“It’s fine, thank you for taking care of me.”

 

“You’re welcome. It’s my responsibility to take care of you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I care about you and I want to protect you.”

 

“What are you saying so suddenly?”

 

“I remember you saying four words to me last night. I hope you mean it.” Jihoon said making Somi confused.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Remember it yourself.”

 

After 10 minutes of car ride they reached Somi’s place. Jihoon stepped out of the car and opened the door for Somi.

 

“Thank you.” Somi said and smiled, Jihoon smiled back.

 

“Go in.” Jihoon said. Somi was about to open the gate but he grabbed her wrist.

 

“I hope what you said last night is real and I hope whatever your purpose is, you will stop. I’m trusting you, I promise I’ll give you what you want to achieve but do not do that in this way.” Jihoon said confusing her.

 

“What are you saying?” Somi asked, Jihoon flashes a smile before hopping back to the car.

 

Did he found out? What are those four words I told him last night? Somi tried to remember and finally she does. Oh, damn did I just confess my feelings for him? I told him ‘I love you too’ when he told me ‘I love you’. It wasn’t a dream?

 

The final exams came. Jihoon entered the classroom and it shocked everyone. He looks so stressed. Somi looked at him as he entered the classroom and suddenly she felt guilty. I’m sorry Jihoon but I should do this for us and I think you can do well without the shoelaces. I took it because I’m hoping that it can be your distraction.

 

The whole exam, Jihoon was unfocused while Somi did well and very relaxed. Those shoelaces are not just a thing for him but a lucky charm and a memory of his late mom. With the shoe laces, he felt that her mom is always beside him. Now he only wears the original laces of his branded shoes. Mom, I’ll take it back. I promise. Despite of being unfocused he still manage to answer all the questions and he is confident that he can get a high score.

 

After the exam, he didn’t meet Somi. He went straight to the rooftop and waited for the exam results. Their school is not just an ordinary school. The results come out right after the exam. The 1st placer will receive reference letter to Seoul University. He didn’t saw Somi after the exam until 5PM in the afternoon when the results will be out. The bell rang and it indicates that the results came out. The students rushed to the bulletin board but Jihoon decided to stay on the rooftop since he doesn’t want to look at his score while there’s people around him. At 5:30 the students are gone one by one. Jihoon went down to the bulletin board to see the score. Congratulations. He said in his thought as he walks away.

 

Somi watches Jihoon walking away. After he’s gone she went to see her score and she’s the first place. Jihoon’s rank dropped to number five. Somi’s eyes widened and she run after Jihoon.

 

“Jihoon!” She saw him near the gate. He heard her but decided to ignore her.

“Jihoonie!” She called once again but he ignored her again.

“Park Jihoon!” She said and grabs Jihoon’s wrists.

 

“Congratulations.” Jihoon shortly stated and turned his back again but Somi pulled him and hugged him.

 

“I’m sorry. I..I..I did that for us.”

 

“For us? I droppped four ranks Somi and my father would kill me this time.” Jihoon said and pulled away.

 

“Your neon laces are on my place. I got that the morning I woke up in your house. I saw that on the floor. I didn’t expect that it could turn out like this. I admit it, that was my purpose on befriending you. I want to distract you but you accidentally spilled the solution to my problem so I took your lucky charm. Please forgive me. “She said and holds Jihoon’s hands. Jihoon pulled his hands and look straight on her eyes.

 

“You know what? I know your agenda ever since the first day you talked to me. I know that throughout our times together but I decided to just go with the flow. I thought you could change. I thought you will stop. I thought you really mean your ‘I love you too.’ I was wrong. I shouldn’t trust you. I shouldn’t let myself fall for you. I am and idiot and dumbest out of the dumbest people around the world.” He said, Somi suddenly teared up. She’s guilty and disappointed at herself.

 

“Stop crying, even if I am angry at you I don’t like it when a you cry in front of me.” Jihoon said and handed her his handkerchief before walking away.

 

They didn’t talk to each other for one week and every single day was hard for them. Jihoon now understand why she did that. She explains through text which Jihoon ignored. Jihoon is secretly watching Somi and in one week he couldn’t see her smile. She’s back to her old self which is her cold self. She also didn’t do well on academics the past week while Jihoon is fine. His academic performance is fine and every day is just an ordinary day for him but deep inside, he’s not okay. He misses Somi so much. He’s just looking for the right time to talk to her.

 

Meet me at the rooftop later after class.

 

Somi received a text message from Jihoon. She felt relieved. She quickly hides her phone before the teacher see it. Smile flashes on her face and the teacher noticed it.

 

“Jeon Somi? Why are you smiling? Do you know the answer?” The teacher asked her, she read the question on the board and answer it right away.

 

After the class, Somi went to the rooftop first but Jihoon is still not there. After few minutes, she felt someone’s embrace. Jihoon back-hugged her.

 

“I missed you.” He said. Somi faced him and smiled.

 

“You forgive me now? Are we okay now?” Somi asked.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? Now where’s my shoelaces?” Jihoon. Somi hooked the laces from her bag and gave them to him.

 

“Here, thank you for forgiving me. I missed you so much.” Somi said and hugged him.

 

“Now, I should take a revenge. Sit down.” Jihoon said. Somi’s heart beats so fast as Jihoon pushed her to sit on the bench.

 

Jihoon sat on the floor and removed the laces of her shoes. Somi was confused but soon get what he is doing. After removing the laces, he started to attach neon colored laces on her shoes.

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” Somi said.

 

“From now on, you’ll use same shoe laces as mine.” Jihoon said and sit beside her as he finished tying her shoe laces.

 

He wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his shoulders.

 

“I..I love you.” Somi said but quickly hide her reddish face. Jihoon chuckled and cupped her face.

 

“I love you too.” He said and gave Somi a peck on her lips.

 

THE END

 



HAHA! It’s so cheesy. I’m sorry. Here’s your request typicalkpoofan I hope you'll like it!

Bteambaby