Sejeong x Daniel

PRODUCE SERIES One-shot Collections

pd101 athletics class was boring as usual. there was nothing fun in the thought of bathing in your own filth for 5 hours, specially if you're as sensitive as hwang minhyun even with the tiniest drops of sweat.

kang daniel trainee hoped that there will be something new today as he was still feeling all there was to be felt from the ruckus he had caused because of the whole four-cats-emoji issue. he had admitted his fault and had already apologized for it, but still, there was nothing he could do besides continuing to be feeling uneasy.

the other trainees had assured him that it was okay and only a natural mechanism to feel the need to do what he did as the finals were only a few weeks away. of course, there were others that were not accepting of his actions, and feared that bad media for daniel was not bad at all. honestly speaking, he was almost a perfect package. he could sing, he could rap, he could dance-- heck, yes he can dance! and he had the face of an idol. funnily enough, he even had the shoulders of an idol. 60 centimeter shoulders is not something you see everyday. take note of it, almost. under everything about him that meets the eye was something only the heart could feel. it was nothing.

daniel may look like the happiest dog on the face of the earth but deep down, he was someone who was yearning for affection-- this time he was hoping for something real.

they were doing laps around the training camp with, daniel running behind the guys, when their trainer whistled for them to stop.

well this is something new. daniel thought to himself.

" i'll be out for the rest of the week but producers found someone to replace me with. i'm sure you all know of her, and juseyo, as you guys are men and have understandable needs, be on your best behaviour as the replacement trainer is a girl. any unnecessary actions will equate to specific sanctions such as withdrawal. rest assured that she could take you guys down if anything were to happen at all. but please, for the love of all things holy, be on your best behaviour! got it? "

" yes. " a sea of choruses was heard from the remaining trainees. not too long, the trainer blew on his whistle and the boys continued where they left off.

ong sungwoo trainee sat down to where daniel was at and lightly poked him on his side.

" yah! what's the matter, daniel? if it's about the whole sns issue i'm sure everybody will get over it! "

" hyung, am i worrying too much? i just feel like the other trainees will hate me for it. "

yoon jisung trainee approached the two young men and said,

" come on, daniel. it's only normal for them to react the way they do. i mean, you did something wrong and you already apologized for it. just give them time. it'll pass. "

" hyung!! you were literally standing like a meter away and yet you still heard us talking about that? seriously? " ong sungwoo joked which earned him a glared from his hyung and a laugh from the younger.

" they don't call me madame yoon for nothing you kno--"

" everyone! the replacement trainer is he-- oh what?!? kim sejeong?!? " jonghyun blurted out all at once.

" oh... my god. what? oh my god. "

" she's so pretty! "

" gunhee-hyung , hold me. i think i'm gonna faint."

" is this another one of their pranks?"
" hyung, this is mnet. "
" so? "

" nice! "

" good morning everybody! " sejeong greeted. everybody in the room were already in their positions except for the 60 cm shoulder gangster who sat at the back of the room. sejeong sighed and walked towards daniel.

" excuse me, but not everybody has the time to deal with your antics and tantrums. if you're not feeling well then please go to the clinic and i'll have someone you there, if otherwise, please cooperate. "

" uhm--, sejeong-noona? " the little woojin spoke, " daniel-hyung has been feeling a bit down. can we continue without him?"

" yah! that's not fair! if we all have to do it, then there should be no excuses! "

" come on, daniel. are you asking for special treatment?"

" if you wanted to sit down, then you should've gone to a homeware store and bought yourself a chair instead. we're here to do athletics not warm out butts."

having heard that, daniel stood up and walked to his place. all their words were still ringing in his ears. other than the recent issue, he still hadn't moved on with him being a failure of a leader with the get ugly team. so he thought, if there come a time to redeem myself, might as well start now.

" so we'll start warming up. place both of your hands together and lift your head up, 8 counts. push your head down 8 counts, right and then left. can we form a circle, please? start counting minki."

and they did that for 32 counts. as sejeong was only wearing a gray shirt and a pair shorts, most of her skin were exposed. the male trainees couldn't keep their eyes off of her legs. some were pushing each other while motioning to her with their mouths, others were just plain staring at her. daniel saw this and somehow got annoyed at how they were behaving.

when they were asked to sit down on the mats as it was time for flexibility training, sejeong positioned herself to a front split. good thing she was wearing spandex shorts underneath her shorts.

" uh-- uh-m, noon-a... w-we're not q-uite sure we can handle that. "

" she's showing too much. " daniel murmured.

" eh? Jungjung and eunki can do it. you can, too! "

a series of groans and moans from exhaustion filled the room. sejeong, from where she sat, was just laughing at how they looked.

" guanlin-hyung? i can't feel anything from down there."

" i think i just ripped my manhood. "

" i don't think i can produce babies anytime soon. "

" donghyun, are you alright? "
" i'm still alive, but i'm barely breathing."

" can we please have a water break? " daehwi said despite his staggered breathing pattern. sejeong nodded in approval and the boys quickly got on their feet to drink water except for hwanwoong and hyunbin who their dragging themselves in a funny worm-like manner.

when their athletics class has ended, everybody bid their thanks and goodbyes as they headed back to their dorms with daniel left behind. he approached sejeong, said he was sorry for the way he acted earlier and that he'll be on his best behaviour the next time meet.

" sejeong, " daniel started, " if i were you, i would wear leggings next time. if you didn't notice, hyungs and dongsaengs were giving you looks. i don't know about you, but i felt weird just by seeing that. thank you again. " he flashed her his brightest smile where his eyes disappeared behind the lids and the corners of his mouth were lifted so high it almost reached his ears.

she noticed how his two front teeth were so big it reminded her of a bunny. she felt the sudden rush of blood enter her cheeks because of how cute he looked. also, sejeong noticed how her heart was almost going crazy just by how fast it was beating behind its cage.

3 days later

" sejeong! "

" yes, daniel? "

" i told you to not wear shorts, right? you know how it makes me feel. "

the two had grown close in just three days when they found out they both enjoyed the same things. they have shared a few jokes, a few drinks, and food here and there. it was crazy how they started off on the wrong foot but were ending in the right path anyway. it might not have been long enough for the two of them to develop feelings for each other, but one thing was for sure. there was something.

after their class that day, daniel felt nothing but annoyance because of the number of guys whose gaze was fixated on sejeong. he was protective of her alright, but daniel asked himself if he the right to feel the way he was feeling given that they were only friends and nothing else. she was the first serious girl-friend he had because his other girl-friends were either asked to stay away from him or they cut communication with him. girls are so troublesome. he groaned. this is why i prefer having guy friends.

" daniel? are you mad at me? " she asked him

" no i'm not. don't you worry yourself." he replied

" then why were you glaring at me the whole day? i could see your face from the mirror you know. i forgot to wash my other pair and it would be worrisome to buy another pair so i wore what i had. i'm sorry. "

" what are you sorry for? i just--," he ran his hand up and down his face and heaved a sigh, " look, i'm not your boyfriend or anything so i don't have anything to be mad about. you don't have to make excuses, okay? i'm just worried something might happen to you. that's all. "

" but i wish for us to be more than friends. " sejeong blurted out suddenly. her hands immediately reached up to cover that had betrayed her.

with eyes wide open, daniel scratched the back of his head and awkwardly let out a laugh.

" it's only been 4 days, sejeong. "

" yeah, but i feel like i've known yoy my whole life. we share the same likes and dislikes. i even share my pack of haribo to you! i don't even share my food with chungha and the other girls. that must mean you're special right? we've been hanging out during breaks and i just feel like you're it for me you know? " she rambled on and on.

" you're holding on to me too much, sejeong. "

" it may have been 4 days only, but when i say you're it, i mean it. i'm not jokin-- do i look like i'm kidding? "

" no. "

" are you saying no to me or to how i look like i'm joking? "

" i'm saying no to both, sejeong. i like you, too. there's no doubt about that. but i just need time. to you know, get to know you better. "

" we can get to know each other in the process, danik."

* * * * * * *

 

from: god sejeong <3

 

goodmorning, jagi *hugs and kisses* happy birthday, love! i won't make this message long because we'll see each other later and i can tell you everything then. enjoy your day, god daniel <3

 

iloveyousomuch (:

 

daniel shook his head at how cliche sejeong had become for the last two years, but of course, he was not gonna lose to her! he was much more cliche than her.

 

to: god sejeong <3

 

goodmorning, baby girl! ah! you don't know how lucky i am to have you as my yeojachingu <3 im always looking forward to seeing that beautiful face of yours (: im on my way to ...

pick you, pick you, pick you up (:

 

iloveyousomuch 101x

 

-

 

from: god sejeong <3

 

staaaaaaahp :(( you're making my heart melt.

 

-

 

to: god sejeong <3

 

isnt that my job though? ;)

 

-

 

from: god sejeong <3

 

stop texting me and keep your eyes on the road. cya later, god daniel :)

 

-

 

to: god sejeong <3

 

laters, baby :)

 

daniel was not expecting anything to happen that day other than to celebrate his birthday with his friends and loved ones, but whatever surprise they had, it surely did surprise him to the core.

 

                                      T H E E N D

 

a/n: im writing this from my phone but i wrote this one originally on wattpad then when i pasted it here the format changed im so sad. i honestly had no idea what i wrote there im just so addicted to epistolaries these days that i end up wanting to write one.

 

p.s : dont forget to read chapter 25 as it is an important notice!

 

p.p.s : have a great day :)