Love is painful

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The corridor felt as empty as ever tonight. Taecyeon didn’t know why but it seems like everything was strange. The hospital was exceptionally quiet; the nurses were especially busy; the ward there used to be Yoona’s is now someone else’s; and even the moon looked eerie. Something was telling him, something was wrong. The door flew open with a creak sound but the bed was empty. It was a little messy but the slight warmth told him the Yuri left not long ago.  He checked the toilet but it was empty and Yuri is definitely too weak to take a stroll in the park since leaving the ward was tough for her. This time, the feeling of uneasiness increased and he hoped for someone to explain to him.

‘Perhaps, she just went for her usual check ups?’ He thought.

“Excuse me, may I know where is Ms kwon? Is she out for a check up or so?” he asked the nurse who just walked into the ward to pick up the file that was probably left behind earlier. She gave him a confused face, as though Taecyeon was conversing in an alien language.

“Ms Kwon was wheeled to the operation theatre minutes ago. She was scheduled for an operation today,” she replied as she looked through the folder, checking the time and the theatre to make sure that everything was right. On the other hand, Taecyeon was shock. He knew nothing about the operation and he clearly remembered the doctor saying that there was no big issue with Yuri at the moment.

“May I know what kind of operation it is?”

“Removing of a dead foetus. It died due to the lack of nutrients when Ms Kwon was in coma. According to the files at hand, this is quite a major operation as Ms Kwon is very weak and prone to viruses currently but the foetus has to be removed before it causes more harm to her.”

He was lost for words. What can he say? What should he say? The girl in the operation theatre is now fighting for another chance to live without telling him. Anyone who is smart enough knows, that child, is his. He killed her again and again with his bare hands and there was nothing he could do for her. Another child of his died in his hands again. He felt like a serial killer. No, he was worse than one and for the nth time of his life, he hated himself to the core.

“Where’s the place?”

“Take the lift at the corner of the washroom. Just turn to your right and it’s the first theatre you see.”

“Kamsahamnida!” he bowed and sped off. He wants to see her before she goes in. He needs to because he was all the reason in the world for all that she had to go through. That moment, he understood Yoona. He finally got what she meant by Yuri needing him more than she did. Because Yoona knew and the least she could do for Yuri was to let Taecyeon be there to give her the support she needed. She is his responsibility.

“Yul!” he shouted before running towards the nurses and doctor who was about the wheel her into the operation theatre. Yuri nodded for the doctor to stop as she waited for him. She wanted to do everything secretly but she figured that he would find out about it either way.

“Yul…” he whisperd, close to tearing as he took her delicate hand that was cold as ice before he continues, “mianhe.”

He owed her too many sorry. It would never be enough for all the pain that he had put her through. All these while, she was fighting those battles alone while he tried his hardest to win Yoona back. He knew how selfish he was and thanks to Yoona, maybe he could do the least by being with her for this last lap. He saw Yuri’s warm smile and it put so much shame on him. He felt so tiny next to the two best ladies in the world.

“I guess you have the right to see your child, at least for the last time before it is gone forever...” she whispered. She sounded so weak. She couldn’t even speak properly without having to pause and catch for her breath.

“Why didn’t you tell me? How could you let yourself go through all these alone and I-” he got cut off as she placed her hand on his lip, stopping him.

“Because I came and messed up your life. Because I owe Yoong too much,” she tears as she looked away. There was another reason that she couldn’t bring herself to say. Because she loves him but she can never have him.

No more words were spoken. She was pushed into the room and he knows, Yuri had always intended to fight that battle alone. All he could do was to stand outside with that door separating them as he pray for her to be fine when his heart yearns for another girl.

“Why are you so silly?”

“This is the only thing I can do for you now, I love you Taec.” She whispered as the anesthesia began to have effect on her. If that was the last time that she will be seeing him, then she thank god for those beautiful moments he had left her with. Perhaps, this is the last thing she can do for Yoona, to leave forever.

Guilt is just another type of pain and love.

“Cut! Okay well done everyone! The next scene would be Tiffany catching Sooyoung with her boyfriend and went up to her to give a slap without thinking. We will be making use of the camera angles so make sure Tiffany, don’t hit it directly alright? Sooyoung’s manager had reminded us umpteen times that she has a commercial film to shoot later so keep that in mind. Just look like you were using a lot of strength but missed it on purpose please.” The director can’t emphasize more. He knew how valued Sooyoung was in the industry and if he wants the drama ratings to be high, he couldn’t afford to lose this actress with any silly mistakes that had been clearly stated to him.

“You were great babe.” Siwon came to her side and passed her a bottle of water before kissing her forehead sweetly. Tiffany was literally panicking over the director’s comment about the next scene and she foreseen the death sign ahead if she were to missed and hit Sooyoung. She had always been told that camera angles are rather hard to film especially that she is new and this time, hundreds of ‘you can do it’ can’t help her too.

“Not very nice to ignore me now right?” Siwon asked again when he saw her in a daze.

“I’m worried for the next scene.”

“You’ll be fine okay?”

“It’s not easy oppa… You don’t understand,” she just can’t seem to explain her fear and worries although he was the only person that she would really want to confide in.

“Looks like Wooyoung’s ‘you can do it’ works better than Siwon’s ‘You’ll be fine’? Don’t worry about it Fany, I can help you later.” Sooyoung’s voice sounded again and somehow, it triggered the anger in Tiffany. Her tone may seem funny and friendly to the others, but definitely not to Tiffany. It was totally provoking and it sounded like she was trying to sow discords between the couple.

“I would appreciate if you would leave us alone Sooyoung-sshi,” she began and half of the studio was staring at her as though she had just sinned by raising her voice, and maybe sounding a little or very unfriendly. Well, now she really looked like the bad person here and it was not doing her any justice because she just looked like a rude rookie, flaring up at someone with certain seniority in acting who had offered her some help.

“Fany?” Siwon was practically looking at her with a bewildered face like anyone else in the room. That wasn’t of any help to her situation and she wished someone could just take her away. She doesn’t even know if it was her fear that made her angst or was it her accumulation of jealousy? She had always been someone who was careful with her emotions and she wondered, will this become tomorrow’s headline?

“I’m sorry but I think I’ll go and prepare first,” Sooyoung spoke again, breaking the really awkward silence before she walked away, with another victory smirk that no one caught. Siwon watched her walked away helplessly but he knew something was wrong and if he were to stop Sooyoung as a friend, another war would continue from last night.

“You know you can just chase her back if you can’t bear to see her walk away,” Tiffany fired again with jealousy boiling in her as she stared at her husband with tears that were threatening to fall. Siwon was still shocked by her outburst but her reddened eyes equally upset him. He wanted to hug her before asking her anything but the moment he took his first step; she turned around with her back facing him.

“I think I’ll go prepare at the corner before I start screwing every single thing up.”

He didn’t like seeing her walk away from him without telling him what was wrong. He felt like he wasn’t the guy that she could trust and it bothered him a lot. Any guy wouldn’t feel good isn’t it? But he knew that things would turn really ugly if he were to confront her at this moment. He was sane enough to wait.

“Are you okay?” Wooyoung asked as he watched the pitiful girl standing by the window with her back facing everyone else.

“What if I say no?” she laughed a little at his silly question when the answer was already clear enough.

“Well, I made you smile anyway.”

“Thanks, it meant a lot.”

“Want to practice the slapping scene with me? Just make sure you don’t injure my beautiful face!” he joked towards the end, earning another laugh from Tiffany. Don’t misunderstand him. He really liked Tiffany as a hoobae because he saw how this girl worked so hard to become who she is and her ‘never say die’ attitude was admirable to him. No other conflicting feelings were involved.

“Haven’t you heard of the saying that you should never mess with women? Especially the angry ones.” She joked as she watched how Wooyoung gave her a shock expression childishly, playing along with her.

“I think we work well together in dramas.” They both laughed before he begins teaching her some techniques that she could use to get the scene done with quickly and perfectly.

Silence could be another way of saying I need your comfort.

“Five six seven eight…” the cue started again. Jessica has been in the practice room since morning. A lot of preparations has to be done for her concert and now that it’s nearing the date, she is nervous yet unprepared because of the preparations of her new album which is to be included into her concert. She has recorded the tracks but the dance steps were still quite rusty and the music videos are to be filmed by tomorrow. Saying that she was mere tired is probably an understatement. Dancing for five hours straight without a break is no joke.

“Take a break?” Hyoyeon, one of the famous choreographers in SM entertainment asked as she approached Jessica with a bottle of vitamin water. Hyoyeon was once a trainee in SM and Jessica became rather close of her during their trainee days. She is also the main choreographer for most of the dances for Jessica’s upcoming album.

“Thanks Hyo… I’m so tired but…”

“You seem to really have a low self esteem huh?” Hyoyeon joked as she tried to cheer the ice princess up.

“I guess, I don’t even know where did I get the confidence to marry the Asia’s fish prince!” the both of them laughed. Jessica told Hyoyeon about their little bicker yesterday and how Donghae was panicking when she acted like she was really angry. Hyoyeon could only laugh at her but who wouldn’t be envious of the happy family that she has? Perhaps, they are the only couple that is complete right now. But nobody knows what might happen in the future.

“Oh Hyo, can you repeat the dance steps just now again? I just can’t seem to do it properly…” Jessica asked as she placed her bottle on the ground and stood up and do a little more stretching before she starts practicing again.

“Yah Sica, you haven’t even rest for five minutes!”

“I really need to practice Hyo… please?” the ice princess gave her infamous pout and puppy eyes. That obviously left her good friend with no choice but to start the practice. Honestly speaking, Hyoyeon was worried for her. These few days have been especially tiring for Sica as she watched her travel amongst the hospital, shooting areas and the studios. She can see Jessica getting stressed out because of the pressing time and her friends were all facing their respective problems which she feel so helpless bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter