Chance

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls were gathering around in Yoona's ward. Tiffany had a slightly later schedule in the afternoon and is thus able to accompany her sister since she hadn't spend much time with her ever since she was admitted into the hospital. Well, although she's still in her honeymoon period, Jessica was called up for a meeting for her upcoming performances later in the day. As much as the princess wants to sleep in since it's a late meeting, she knows that being there for Yoona was more important than anything else although the ice princess loves to sleep in. This probably explains their gathering in her ward while the Donghae had to go for a show recording and Siwon preparing for his function tonight. On the other hand, Yoona was recovering well, physically, and the doctor had given his approval for her to be discharged. It's just that, who's going to heal her heart? 

"Yoong?" Tiffany waved her hand in front of Yoona when she caught her zoning out while the girls' conversation was still going on. Jessica noticed that as she placed her hand onto Yoona, trying her best to give her all the strength that she will ever need. 

"I'm fine," Yoona assured the girls as she bravely put on a smile that was, bitterly sad. Tiffany shook her head at her sister's 'confession'.

"No, you're not." 

It was equivalent to pulling down the strong front that she had been trying so hard to put on; it was like telling her that she's hurting when she already knows. But what Tiffany really wanted was for her to face up to the truth. It's been four days since the accident but Yoona hadn't spoken anything related to Taecyeon other than her sobbing to Jessica. Neither had she spoke to him. These are only ways to escape from the fact but it's not going to heal her heart. No, it's not and they all knew that; Yoona too. 

"What will you do if Siwon oppa cheats on you?" Her question wasn't supposed to mean anything. Well, just asking for Tiffany's suggestions if she was to be in Yoona's place. She was curious. She wanted an answer since she is too lost and she had no idea on how to move on. She just can't. 

"I don't know," the latter confessed. Yoona's question was something she had never give a thought about. She knows how much that guy loves her and she knows how perfect her marriage is. Why would he do it to her? However, Tiffany realized that a equally perfect marriage like Yoona's didn't turn out well. Fear grew in her unknowingly even with the trust she had for him, because she loves him, Choi Siwon.

"I think it depends on how strong your love is," Jessica started as she gently Yoona's back. To her, it was a sensitive topic and she knows well enough that Yoona blame not be able to take it if they go too deep into it. But on the other hand, she understands that this is unavoidable. Because Yoona loves him so much. 

"I love him, I really do," Yoona confessed softly. It was really soft that it sounded purely like murmurings that shouldn't be heard. But with that sentence, her tears fell. Those tears that she had been consistently swallowing came out. She does, she does love him and that's the most important reason behind her aching heart. Every word she spilled brought back those loving memories they've once shared; those sweet promises they've once made. Have they all gone? 

Jessica and Tiffany saw those tears. They didn't quite understand. Not that they find it ridiculous, but rather why did Taecyeon choose to do something so absurd when every claim he made was that Yoona is the love of his life. They felt useless; like they were of no help. All they could do was to give her the hug and strength she needs but those are not enough. Perhaps, Tiffany had figured out that the best way is for her to talk. Not to anyone, but him, Ok Taecyeon.  

"Talk to him," Tiffany let her thoughts slipped out of just like this. Yoona's teary doe eyes widened in shock as she broke herself from the group hug they were in. She shook her head violently as her eyes avoided the two girls. Do not misunderstand. She missed him. It would be an understatement to say that she misses him though; she wants to see him; she wants to hug him; she wants to find back that warmth whereby it's only him that could give. But she was afraid. She didn't want to let herself crumble and fall in front of him. She didn't want to appear weak, not at this particular juncture. 

"Give it a try, you might be clearer of the road ahead after which," Tiffany said as she tightened her grip on Yoona's. She wants the best for her sister. Yoona wasn't convinced, but even so, her urge to see him gave in. She didn't mind if nothing comes out of during the talk but she wants to see him. She nodded her head as she wonders, is it really what she wants?

"What about Kyuhyun oppa?" Jessica mumbled to herself as she saw the pitiful guy limping away from the ward. Through the slight partings if the curtain, she saw him outside long ago. She didn't know where the conversation was going but she could clearly see those pains in his eyes. It must have hurt. Kyuhyun was outside of the ward all these while as he paid full attention to the entire conversation. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but he just happened to catch the main essence of the talk that was enough to break his heart once again and leave him walking away in pain, wallowing over his own misfortune that no one seemed to bother. Yoona and Taecyeon are the couple here; even with the betrayer, their love was still going strong. To him, there is no room for his existence in her heart. Maybe he is right or maybe not. Because even Yoona herself, was confused.

It was not long before Tiffany had to go for her schedule and had to leave. On the other hand, Jessica wanted to pay Yuri a visit. After all, they were close during her stay in America. 

"Take care," the girls said as they took their leave. Yoona's eyes followed Jessica as though there has been some thing that she wanted to tell her for a long time. 

"Sica, Kyu..." She stopped. She didn't know to continue as her sentence came to a full stop. She had so much to say but she can't put them into words. Jessica was surprised. She assumed that Yoona had heard her mumblings earlier on, which explained her behaviour. Seemingly, she understood what the pale girl was trying to say. She smiled.

"I just want you to be happy, do what you feel it's right." 

Yoona smiled. She was thankful for someone like Jessica who understands her so well. She was glad, but at the same time, absolutely and undeniably confused. She doesn't know what the next step to take is. As she watched the door closes behind, she wondered where Kyuhyun was since he had promised her yesterday that he will visit her again today to keep her accompanied.

The best way to avoid the problems is to face it.

Jessica walked down the hallway and she ended up outside the ICU. She was lost. She wasn't lost physically since it was where she had intended to go. However, she was afraid. She loved Taecyeon because she was once sure that he would cherish Yoona. She trusted that guy to protect her. But she didn't understand what exactly caused her mumblings earlier on which had inevitably confused Yoona. She felt bad. She didn't like the pain she saw in Kyuhyun's eyes because she can tell that he was hurting as well, and the fact that he had heard the girls' conversation about Yoona's undying love for Taecyeon. 

"What's my baby girl thinking about?" A husky voice started next to her ear and the next moment she realized, she was wrapped in a pair of muscular arms from the back. With her head slightly tilted to the side, she was sure that it was her beloved husband since the scent of his cologne was distinct too. 

"Kyuhyun oppa..." She whispered as she recalled that sad face she saw. 

"Ya, I honestly doubt that thinking about another guy would help here!" Donghae pouted as he placed his head on her shoulder. Jessica chuckled and turned to one side.

"That wasn't what I meant!" She clarified cutely as she gave him a peck. 

Jessica narrates the entire story to him as he paid full attention to every single thing which she had mentioned. He knew what kind of difficult situation she was in. Donghae hugged her tightly.

"No matter who she chooses in the very end, we will give her the support, isn't it?" Donghae asked as he looked at his beautiful troubled wife through the reflection on the window. 

She nodded cutely before she continues.

"But I'm afraid that someone will be hurt in the end." The couple sighed. Actually, they're all hurting. Whether is it Yoona who had lost so many things overnight; Taecyeon who aches badly by watching her cry and Yuri losing traces of life; Kyuhyun who wanted to protect her secretly even though he believed that it was an unrequited love or Yuri who was full of guilt. They were all hurting. It's just that at the end of the day, eh oil will be standing by who's side as they heal the broken hearts. 

"I love you so much," Donghae whispered into her ears as the corner of her lips curled up. Saying that they've loved each other to the fullest isn't right since they love each other more and more each day; saying that their love isn't at the fullest isn't right too since they are the love of each other's life. 

"What am I going to do if this happens to us?" Jessica asked bluntly. It just happened to cross her mind and she thought of it as a mere casual question. However, it doesn't seem so for Donghae's case.

"Ya Sica, what are you thinking?" He asked as he raised his voice lightly. He even released her from his embrace as he spun her around to face him. His eyes were locked on hers as he waits for an explanation to the sudden question that almost took away the half of his life. What on earth was his wife thinking about? Jessica was clearly shocked by his sudden change in behaviour as she felt a shiver down her spine with Donghae intense gaze. She didn't enjoy it. It was full of fear, distrust, demand and frustrations. Right, he was obviously demanding for an explanation. 

"I didn't mean that, I mean-" Jessica was explaining halfway but he pulled her into another hug, tightly. It was as though he could crush her if he was to use more strength but he just didn't want to let go. He was afraid that she might let go. This couple had been through so much. The uncountable number of separations was frightening as he recalled on the times when they sillily let go of each other. He didn't like it, in fact he hated it. Jessica's face was buried in the crook of his neck. She knew that Donghae was scared, and her question was threatening. She mentally slapped herself for bringing up such a sensitive issue. Without another thought, Jessica slowly wrapped her arms around his waist tightly as she kept on whispering 'sorry'. 

"I don't even want you to think about such a thing." 

That statement was calming, as it sounded like a demand yet it felt like a plead. But she knows that for whatever it is, their love was going strong and that nothing can bring them down. 

"I love you," she whispered. The conversation had ended long ago. No amount of words can replace the sweetest silence when their hearts beat as one romantically. It was enough. 

"From now on, for every silly question, you have to give me a kiss!" Donghae exclaimed loudly as he gave her a peck on her forehead. Jessica laughed at her childish husband as she hugged him tightly. She was nodding non-stop to her husband's childish bet. One of the gazillion reasons why she loves him. 

"I really hope that Yuri can wake up, and slowly, they'll find their way to the right owner of their hearts," Jessica said as she looked at the sleeping figure in the ICU. Every thing had taken away her smile. She wonders, what happened to that Yuri who will always dance around at the thought of her childhood prince, which happened to be Taecyeon? 

When things are still in place, cherish them.

Being cooped up in the four walls was too t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter