He loves me; She loves me.

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Several photo shoots that Jessica had signed or were in the process of discussing had either been pushed back or rejected. It's more of rejects since nobody knows how long will the recuperation take and most of the commercials were scheduled on an early date. Although most of them specially wanted Jessica, this was beyond everyone’s prediction. Jessica has yet pick up her feelings although she no longer rejects Donghae. Secretly, she is more than happy to see Donghae by her side every day. However, the two has never spoken a word to each other since that day. Not a single word. Everyone knew from the start that they could not part for long, even if it's physically, their hearts had long been together. Whenever Donghae comes even late in the night to accompany her, she will pretend to sleep peacefully. Because she holds on to the last glimpse of hope that he would go home knowing that she's fine. She doesn't want him to tire himself. She loves him.

What about Donghae? Super Junior has really packed schedules and the only place that he has been to for these few days was just hospital and the venue for his schedule. Everyday, he will go for his schedule with that heavy eye bags. Although Yoona will take time off to accompany Jessica in the hospital, he still couldn't take his mind off her and can't help being worried about her. Did she eat well? How's her therapy going on? When will she talk to me? These are the thoughts that been through his head from dawn to night. Immediately after his last schedule, he would rush off to the hospital to see her. Just watching her was enough; just by making sure that she's fine was enough. It wasn't easy for him to sleep in the small sofa at night. But he wants to keep her accompanied. He don't mind going for work like a zombie, but he minds even if Jessica loses a strand of hair. He would smile to her happily like a little boy just by watching her when she's sleeping and eating. He needs nothing but her. Sometimes, Jessica would smile back. But look deep enough into those two pairs of eyes, there are just too much pain to bear. He loves her.

It was the fifth day of the same routine. 5 in the morning and Donghae was already wide awake. It was impossible for him to sleep well on a couch since it’s too small for a masculine man like him. He walked over to the girl sleeping on the bed. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ears that was previously blocking her flawless face. However, he noticed traces of tears at the corners of her eyes. Those tears told him how much she was dying and struggling on the inside. Those tears reminded him of how much she loves him. Try being her, to know how it feels to be unable to walk; try being her, to know how it feels when you're being a burden to the one you care for; try being her, to know how it feels to see him suffering with her. Try being her, because it was never easy.

"Princess, how can I ever lessen your pain?" He whispered as a tear escaped from his eyes. He took her hand and plant sweet kisses before he walked to the bathroom to wash up.

But little did he know that Jessica was awake too.

Jessica's POV:

Oppa. Mianhe. I don't know how to speak to you. I don't know how to lessen your burdens and pain. I don't know what am I suppose to do. I fear the future lying ahead. I miss talking to you; I miss hearing you calling me princess. I miss you so much I just want to go back to the past, when life was just about me and you. I love the way you look at me; I love the way you smile at me; I love the way you kiss me; and i love the way you hug me. I love you, but I don't know how to face you. I have so much to say, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm sorry I'm a coward. I promise, I’ll stand up strong again one day to be the girl who deserves your love, not one who wallows in self pity. Mianhe.

"Hae! Are you listening?" Asked Leeteuk repeatedly, trying to get his attention. Donghae is supposed to one of the lead dancers, but he had commited so many mistakes in just one dance. Leeteuk didn't want to be that harsh on Donghae but they are running out of time for their performance and he can't slow down the group's progress just for Donghae. Being a leader of a worldwide recognized group, he can't afford to do that, even if he understands the reason behind everything. Even if he knows what is happening to Donghae, he can’t.

"Ne hyung, mianhe," Donghae apologized and they get back to the practice. He was really tired, or rather, absolutely worn out. It wasn't easy trying to recall all their moves for older songs like 'It's You' and ''Boom Boom' since it's a once in a blue moon thing that they need to perform those songs. They had made many mistakes and they just can't seem to coordinate well and move in sync as a group. Some moved to the wrong position, some got the movements wrongly, while others can’t catch up with the music.

"Ya wook! That's the wrong position!" Shindong shouted. The members were all not in a good mood. It's a world tour and as a well-known global group like Super Junior, these shouldn't even be happening. They've spent days rehearsing yet no one can get all the moves right, not even the dancing machine. But the most critical reason was that everyone was too worried for Jessica and Donghae. This is probably the greatest incident that had hit everyone so badly. Even when Jessica left a few years back, it wasn’t this case. Because Donghae thought it was the best for her and as long as her happiness is in her hands, he will always be happy for her even if it breaks him. But today, it isn’t that case. Donghae lost the cheerful Jessica. Jessica lost her smile, lost her hope. 

"Argh!" Heechul flared up and walk away. He just can't believe everything that has happened up till this point of time. From Jessica's accident to every thing that is happening now. The group is in a terrible mess. As much as he is Kim Heechul, he was on the verge of breaking down.

"How do you want them to feel when you walk of just like this?" Leeteuk asked as he followed closely behind Heechul.

"I just cannot see them like this!" Heechul shouted. Heechul may have bad temper, but that is all because he cares for his dongsaeng.

"Have you seen Sica? She's going to have a mental breakdown soon. She's not speaking and this is of no help to her problem! Have you seen Hae? He just looks like a zombie. He's just floating around from places to places just because he is obliged to do so!" Heechul cried.

"And that's why we have to stay strong for them! Think about it chul, think about it. Hae can choose to walk off like you did, but he didn't. He is trying! If everyone walks off like you did, our group is over!"

Heechul thought about his behaviour after he had calmed down. He walked back and apologized to the members sincerely. Leeteuk was right, as a member, he should be encouraging everyone, and not giving up, washing his hands off the issues and walk off like this.

"Woo u biccal Kim heechul! Saranghaeyo Kim Heechul!" Everyone cheered. It was really heartwarming to see your dongsaeng doing these just to cheer you up. Of course, the pretty Heechul won't be angry for long. No matter how big a problem may be, Super Junior can overcome it together. 6 hours of practice passed really quickly and they have finally mastered their dance moves. Hard work does pay off, and we have faith that Super Junior will never disappoint their fans.

"Where's hae?" Eunhuyk asked when he realized someone was missing during their break.

"I think I know where he is," Leeteuk said as he slowly made his way to the rooftop. Being the oldest member, he knew their characters too well, and that included their favourite hideout place. Especially that the rooftop is where Donghae and Jessica loves spending time together during Jessica’s training days.

Donghae was standing right by the railings. He wasn't tearing, he was crying. Crying his hearts out. Of course, it pained the leader knowing that his little brother was suffering. It takes a lot for him to break down like this, but when it comes to Jessica, it's a different story. Donghae is one of the most vulnerable members, and even if he isn’t the youngest, he is not as strong as he comes off to be.

"If it makes you feel better, just let it all out," that was all Leeteuk said as he took a seat next to him. Words wouldn’t help, but strength will.

Donghae cried a river of tears. He was too lost. Everything happened so suddenly he didn't even know what he can do. He was guilty for not being able to protect Jessica; he was guilty for her injuries; he was guilty that he couldn't do anything for her; he was guilty that he is dragging the progress of the member's performance. He was going crazy with so many things bothering him he no longer knows what he can do. Try being him, to know how it feels to be unable to protect the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter