Mistakes

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “How’s Yoona?” Everyone crowded around the man in his white robe who just walked out of the operation theatre. Even Kyuhyun who has injured his leg came to ask about her condition instead of resting in his ward.

"Mrs Ok has bruises and a slight concussion but her injuries are not that serious. We've bandaged her wounds but because of the rain, she is still running a high fever, however, I'm sorry but we couldn't protect her baby," the doctor apologized as he gave them a bow. That sentence took many of them a really long time to understand because nobody knew about her pregnancy. The first person that came into her mind when she heard the news was Taecyeon. He was the first person whom she wanted to share the happy news with. She wanted him to be the first to know about her child; their child. But before she can even tell him about the existence of the baby, god had to take the child away from her. Everyone was taken aback by the news. Despite the fact that Yoona is now fine, they knew that she wouldn’t be able to take it if she knows that her child is gone.

“Yoong was pregnant?” Mixed emotions rushed into him as he realized how great of a fool he had been. He was no different from a murderer and with those blood-stained hands of his, he killed his own child. He felt his knees weakened as he fell hard onto the ground. He had taken away almost every part of her and left her with a broken heart because of his lies, his betrayer, and his uncertainty for the love he has for the two women lying in the operation theatre.

"How's Yul?" He asked while hoping for the best.

"Ms Kwon suffered a more serious injury but we have managed to stop the excessive bleeding. However it depends on her will to live to see if she can wake up," the doctor finished his sentence and walked off. That was another strong hit on his heart. It feels as though god had placed him in a forest with no compasses and maps but asked him to figure the way out on his own. He was lost. He wants them to be fine but he didn't know how Yoona is going to accept the fact that their child was gone; he wants them to be fine but he was afraid that his lies and the harsh truth had taken away Yuri's will to fight on. If only he had foreseen these, everything might have turned out differently. If only. He sat at a corner as he tried hard to digest the situation. With those lies that he had never thought much about, he had inflicted so much pain on so many people. A nurse holding on to a tray came out of the operation room last. She handed over the girls’ belongings to the Taecyeon before going for her room inspection. Yoona’s phone screen lit up and it was a message from the Hwang’s family doctor. He swiped her phone screen and a password was required. Without hesitation, he keyed in her favourite numbers but it was wrong. He keyed in her birthday but it was wrong too. With one more try, he keyed in his birthday. The screen changed as a message conversation was displayed on the screen.

 

To Taecyeon<3: I have a surprise for you keke. 

 

It was only at that moment when he realized how much Yoona loves him; it was only at that moment when he realized how he missed the chance to love his child by a message. He had missed the chance to see his own child. He would have known about the existence of his child if he hadn’t gone to find Yuri. Because of his lies, god took away his affinity with that child. At that moment, a Polaroid photo that fell onto the ground had caught Siwon’s attention. He bent down to pick the photo up. Tiffany saw Siwon’s change in expression and she look at what was in his hands. The photo fell onto the ground again as Siwon loosen the grip on it. Everyone saw the photo lying on the ground. Nobody knows that exact meaning about the photo. Or rather, they all knew what the photo meant but they didn’t believe what their eyes saw. What can you infer from a picture that shows Taecyeon kissing Yuri sweetly on her lips? They were more than sure that the girl in the photo wasn’t Yoona and Kyuhyun could recognize that the girl in the photo resembles the girl involved in the accident. They kept telling themselves that the photo was taken long ago before he married Yoona. However, it was clearly dated on the photo that the photo was taken on the day when Jessica and Donghae went for the honeymoon; the day when Yoona’s surprises for him went in vain; the day when Yoona stayed up all night to wait for him; the day when she sprained her ankle trying to decorate the house for him.

“Oppa, why? Do you know how much she loves you?” Tiffany asked as her voice trembled with fear. The guy standing in front of her feels so distant all of a sudden as she realized Yoona’s accident must have something to do with Taecyeon’s betrayer. Taecyeon wanted to explain. However, as he opened his mouth, nothing came out. What was there for him to explain? He was not there when Yoona needed him. All these while, he convinced himself that everything will be over when Yuri leaves but he had never expected that Yoona would have found out everything. One by one, everyone walked away as they left him there except Kyuhyun. He saw how disappointed they were with him, especially Mrs Hwang.   

“Why did you hurt a girl who was willing to give her all for you?” Kyuhyun said as he limped away. He really wishes to give Taecyeon a punch to wake him up from the idea that he can have the best of both worlds. But he didn’t. He knew that no matter how much he had hurt Yoona, she will still go on loving him; despite his betrayer, she will still go on loving him; even with a broken heart, she will still go on loving him. Holding his wedding photo with Yoona and the Polaroid with Yuri, he could totally feel his heart ripping apart. No matter how many sorry he says, it can never replaced the child they've lost; no matter how many sorry he says, it can never change the fact that he cheated on her; no matter how many sorry he says, it can never take away the pain she is feeling right now. He looked at the photo in his hand; a mistake he made had taken away the smile on Yoona's face. Will he ever see her smile again? It was then that he realized how much he misses Yoona. Haven't he realized its been so long since he last saw her smiling sweetly at him; it's been so long since he last do romantic things for her; it's been so long because everything stopped when he confused his feelings for the two girls.  He may be confused about his feelings now but one day he will realized who the one he truly loves now is. However, the problem is when he realized the owner of his heart; will she still be waiting for him?

"I love Yoong, so much more than I ever thought I would," his tears trickled down as he watched every single one of them walking further away and away from him. Is this the feeling of emptiness? Is this what his wife had always been afraid of? To be left behind by your love ones hurts; and what hurts the most was that he had hurt the one he loves the most deeply.

He said it was mistake.

Yoona was sitting on the bed hugging her knees. The bandage on her forehead has spots of redness as her wound was still bleeding. She wasn’t crying. Her eyes were soulless. Perhaps, she was too tired of crying. Or maybe, the pain was so great and she was numb to it. Look closely at her and you can see those tears stains on her cheeks. The door opened and all they could see was the emotionless Yoona sitting there. It hurts them to see her in this state and they all hated the man outside for this. For every yes and no question, she merely nodded and shook her head. No words came out of .

As the door closed behind, she saw him kneeling on the ground outside with his back facing her. It hurts her to see him in that state. She can't believe the man that she gave her all for cheated on her. That back view she sees now was exactly the same as what she saw in the hotel. She wanted to walk up to him to tell him how she still loves with her wounded heart; she wanted to walk up to him to tell him how much she hates him for everything he did and everything he did not; she wanted to cry in his arms to tell him that she wants their child alive; she wanted to hug him tightly. There are so many things she wanted to do but she didn't. Because it hurts; because he is the reason for her broken heart; because he took her heart but he broke it; because he is the reason for the death of their child; because another girl was in his embrace, those arms she naively thought only belong to her. 

“Yoong…” Mrs Hwang called out as she sat down next to her and hug her tightly. It pains her to see her beloved daughter behaving in this manner; it hurts her to see god seemingly taking away her lively daughter away from her once again; it pains her to see how badly hurt Yoona is; it hurts her to see how hard Yoona trying to hide those pains away. Lying in her mother’s arms, she finally felt some warmth again. Yoona smiled. Like a kid, she smiled like it was as though she had never been hurt. It’s not that her pain was gone. It is just that for now, all she wanted is a shelter; a place that can take away these pains that she can no longer endure. It was not long before she closes her eyes and catches some sleep since she is too weak due to the miscarriage. Since Yoona was more or less fine, everyone decided to leave since it was almost the entire night that they did not catch a wink.

The door opened again but the familiar back view she saw just now was no longer there. Yoona wasn’t asleep. She couldn’t sleep. She had heard every single thing about what they were talking about. She was sure that the only way to stop them from worrying ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter