What is happiness?

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taecyeon was sitting in her ward. His hands had never left her as he prayed continuously for her to wake up. He was there for the entire night. He wants her to be fine; he wants her to wake up. He hates himself so much for the hurt he had brought upon her as he felt her cold hand in his. Is this as cold as her broken heart? His fingers traced her beautiful face as the accident kept replaying in his head. Just how much pain did he cause for her because of his lies? Just how painful it is for her to stand under the rain and watch them? Just how much courage did it take for her to save Yoona? Just how much more can he do to make up for them? 

"Mianhe Yul..." Those words that he spilled, can it ever take away those pain? Can it ever change the fact that he had hurt two girls that were important to him so deeply? If only he hadn't let go of her, she would run onto the road. If only he had chased after her, he could have at least replaced Yuri in lying down here. If only he had stayed in the office and waited for Yoona to tell him about their child, the accident wouldn't happen. It all boils down to one thing. If only he had been honest right from the start, these could have been prevented. Yuri can move on to find a better guy; his marriage with Yoona will continue to be one that everyone will be envious of. Maybe, he just didn't know how much they'll rather to be hurt physically than emotionally because of his lies and betrayer. He just didn't realized how Yuri will want to sleep forever than to wake up to the truth that the guy she thought was perfect for her belongs to another girl. Neither did he realized how badly she wants to hate him for what she saw in the rain but she just can't; she can't bring herself to hate a guy she had loved for 21 years and is still loving. The ward was quiet except for the beeping of machines. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be lying here with uncountable number of needles on her; she wouldn't be using a machine to keep her condition going; she wouldn't need to find the will to live on. Taecyeon looked out of the window and he saw her standing there, Tiffany. 

"Fany..." He started calling out her name so softly it was almost inaudible. He left the ward since only one person can be in there since it is an ICU and he knew Tiffany wanted to speak to him. Perhaps it isn't all about speaking, but rather, some confrontations need to be done. H wanted to speak to her too. He wants to know if Yoona was fine. He closed the door behind him as he slowly approached her. She didn't acknowledge him since it would be hard for her to spill out the word 'oppa' after all the hurt that he had done to Yoona. She had never seen her sister behaving this way and she was sure that it was the last thing she would want to see. Taecyeon was sure that she had many things to ask him but it had been a three minutes of silence before she speaks her first sentence to him ever since they found out the truth. 

"How's she?" 

Taecyeon was surprised at her question. However, he knew Tiffany is a very caring and sweet girl. There was no way she would pretend nothing had happened when she sees someone nearing death even when she hates her. Moreover, she didn't hate Yuri. She will not hate someone unless she is fully aware of the situation. Will you hate a girl who is just another innocent victim if his lies? 

"There is still no improvement in her condition," he replied. Both of them have their eyes on the girl in the ward through the window. It is the first time Tiffany really looked at her. Even just by lying motionlessly on the bed without a trace of make up, her beauty was undeniable. However, it shouldn't be a reason for him to betray Yoona. In fact, no reasons are valid enough for a betrayer. She looked at the guy next to him as she watches how he looked at Yuri. She couldn't figure out what kind of expression was it; she couldn't understand what kind of emotions was seen in his eyes. Is it love? 

"Why?" She asked him sternly this time. There was no hint of forgiveness in her question as she eyed him intently. He knew well enough that she wasn't asking for an answer to Yuri's condition; he knew well enough that it was a confrontation. It was a question that he needs to look deep into his heart for an answer. Why did he betray her? Never once did Tiffany's eyes left the man right in front of her as she waited impatiently for an answer. She wants an answer that can clear her doubts. She wants to believe that he still loves Yoona and Yuri was just his past. Honestly, she trusted Taecyeon to love Yoona forever despite the pain he had once brought upon her. Maybe, being more rationale in love can prevent one from getting hurt. They were all not rationale enough. Taecyeon had no answer to that question. He looked at Yuri as he felt his heart sank once again. It's that type of feelings that you can never get rid of. She was his unforgettable first love; she might still be the one he loves. Yoona is the girl he wanted to love and protect forever; she might still be the one he loves. 

"It’s a mistake but I love Yoong," he started. It was a simple sentence. It comprises of only seven simple words. However, it was enough to bring a smile onto her face. The irony is, if he loves her, why did he do the things that brought so much pain? Is it really love? Or just a simple statement any husbands would tell his wife?

"But you are here when she needs you the most."

It is not that he doesn't want to be there for Yoona but he doesn't know how to; it is not that he doesn't want to visit her to ask if she was fine but he doesn't even have the courage to apologize. He was utterly confused. Will things be simpler if Yuri didn't come to look for him? Maybe in another nine months time, he will be carrying a fragile baby in his arms with Yoona standing next to him. It would have been such a beautiful sight that anyone can dream for. But sometimes, he would wonder how things would have been if Yuri hadn't left for New York back then. Maybe the name of his spouse on his identity card today would be Kwon Yuri; maybe he will be standing side by side with Yuri and Yoona but Yoona remained as his best friend. It isn't wonders that came from nowhere. Because up till today, he still love how Yuri's hand fits perfectly in his; he still love how she felt in his arms. He enjoys every moment with her. However, is it really love? Or the fact that he just wants to experience the love with a girl he can't have since 21 years ago? 

"But I have have responsible for Yuri. It is my fault to keep the truth away from the two of them." 

That sentence was enough to put everything to an end. Tiffany came to speak to him because she genuinely believed that he still loves Yoona. She wanted to help them find their way back to each other. But all she got was conflicting answers from that irresponsible tall guy right in front of her. He is selfish. He is fortunate enough to be loved dearly by two girls but he is selfish enough to think that he can enjoy the privilege of having two women's love forever. With a tight slap, Tiffany left the ward after leaving her last statement.

"You are selfish enough to think that you can have the best of both worlds. You're not worthy for their love. Both Yoong and Yuri. And I've wrongly thought that you have changed." 

Those words were hurtful and somehow she regretted saying it to him. However, she believes that Yoona was hurting way more. She wants him to figure who's the one he really love, and for that, she was convinced that Yoona was still the owner of his heart. From the way he looked at her, it's the deepest love one can find. Because all you can see is pain and love that he had. Taecyeon stood rooted to the ground as he watches Tiffany walked away. The slap on his cheeks felt like nothing. Indeed, it was nothing compared to the pain he had caused for the two girls.

"But the one I love is... Yoong."

A girl who purely wanted to pay Yuri a visit had heard the entire conversation as she felt her heart ripping apart all over again. She just wanted to see a friend, because even if she was the girl who took her husband away, Yuri is still the friend whom she misses dearly; because even if she was the reason for her heartaches, Yuri is lying there lifelessly because of saving her; because she would rather die than to face so many things. The last sentence may be soft; it may be short, but it meant so much to her. it was enough to put a smile on her face. She still loves him; and he was so close to healing her broken heart. So close. Why is it that everything seems to be crushing down on her? How should she behaves knowing that he has a resposibilty for Yuri? For the nth time, she wished the car had hit her hard enough; she wished god could have taken away her life like how he took her baby away. Because it hurts; it hurts so much. Is their love strong enough?

"It's funny how you took an unwavering spot in my heart after all that had happened."

Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.

Donghae and Jessica had just reached Incheon airport but the entire arrival hall was already filled with their fans since last night. There were many fan girls and even Jessica's fan boys. A group of them was screaming her name loudly and Jessica started waving cutely to her fans while Donghae picked up their luggage. However, Donghae was obviously annoyed at those fan boys who were crazily shouting 'saranghae' at his wife. He saw how short Jessica's dress was and after he had taken the luggage, he pulled her into his arms and wrapped his hands around her tightly before they walk into the crowd.

"Oppa! Why are you so violent?" Jessica pouted cutely because Donghae's enormous strength and action nearly made her tripped over her own legs and fall. 

"I'll rather you fall for me instead of those guys outside!" Donghae said as he brings her even closer as though they are stuck together. Jessica saw how childlike he is and giggled because it's just too cute in her eyes. She had only one free arm since the other was holding on to her handbag and she wrapped her tiny arm round his waist. The made the entire arrival to be filled with envy and squeals as they started chanting 'Haesica'. It was honestly no difference from a concert and they both wonder how their fans found out about their arrival date. Even when their surroundings are filled with screams and squeals, the couple never failed to tease each other and started playing like two little kids you see at any playgrounds.

"Did someone put superglue on the both of you? Must you really do this?" A familiar voice sounded and of course, it's Eunhyuk. Jessica ran up to hug her favourite oppa tightly and Donghae stood there eyeing Eunhyuk intently. It was those stares that send shivers down your spine. However, to be hug by the nation's 'Gorjess' is too blissful that Eunhyuk can't be bothered about his buddy. Donghae stood there dumbfounded as he watched how Jessica just throws him at the back of her mind while mingling with the members. The fact that they were all busily hugging his wife made him jealous and wonders why does it seems like they are here to welcome Jessica and just Jessica. 

"Hi guys! Am I transparent?" He asked angrily as he s his arms around Jessica's waist, trying to make his presence more significant. Jessica gave him a quick peck in order to calm him down and bring him back to the right age, which is definitely not supposed to be 3. He grinned widely because of what she did while the members just rolled their eyes and pity Jessica for marrying a kid. 

"Ya you've already taken Sica away for a week!" Heechul fired back as he dragged Sica to the front and started chatting happily. Donghae followed closely but Heechul just had to purposely leave him out in the conversations. It has only been a week away from these boys but Jessica really loves the joy that they can bring. Even with Heechul ignoring him, Jessica still has her hands tightly clinging onto Donghae's arm. The rest of the boys watched enviously while they stood at the back. 

"Why didn't Sica choose me?" Leeteuk said while sounding really love sick and confused. Eunhyuk merely hit his head and shouted wake up while he ran towards the members who were asking about their honeymoon. 

"Yah Lee Hyuk Jae! You're dead!" Leeteuk shouted as he started chasing Eunhyuk. These boys behave like kids wherever they are. Sometimes even they question themselves, are they really idols? 

"Where's Kyu?" Donghae asked as they got into the car. Of course, nobody answered that question. The lively boys suddenly became very quiet as they all go into deep thoughts. They all expected this question to come from the couple since they are the only one who doesn’t know anything up till now. Nobody knew how to answer because at the end of the day, the story will be linked back to Yoona and Taecyeon’s betrayer thereafter.

“Is there something we don’t know?” Donghae asked as he looked at the leader. It was that kind of uneasy feeling that was growing in him.

“He is in the hospital,” Heechul snapped since he hates seeing Leeteuk being unable to speak what was on his mind. The couple got a shock as they waited for someone to narrate the entire story to them. They were sure that there was more into the story, or the members wouldn’t be behaving like this. With a sigh, Leeteuk started. He told them about the accident that happened and everything about Yoona and her loss of her baby. It was supposed to explain better for why Siwon and Tiffany aren’t here to fetch them. Nobody hit the nail yet; nobody mentioned anything about Taecyeon’s betrayer; nobody talked about how the entire incident happened.

“All this happened because he betrayed her.”

That sentence was blurted out unknowingly as Eunhyuk wished he could slap himself again and again. Jessica’s eye widened in shock as she watched the boys’ expression changed into an even more solemn one. That moment, she was more than surer that this isn’t a kind of joke. They were serious. She never expects such a thing to happen. She thought Taecyeon had changed his playboy behaviour; but perhaps, she was wrong. She didn’t understand why something like this would happen. The name Yuri kept replaying in her head. It was then that she realized the guy Yuri had always been telling her about was Taecyeon; it was then that she realized Taecyeon was the guy who she had never forgotten even throughout her 21 years of life. Yuri was Jaejoong’s favourite cousin but she moved to New York at a young age. The first time she met her was when she went back to American and Yuri flew there to visit them. They got along really well but she never knew that the guy she loved was Yoona’s husband. Her sister is in love with her best friend’s husband and they cheated on her best friend. The relationships are starting to get confusing and complicated as she tries to process every single piece of information.

“Princess, kwenchana?” Donghae asked when he felt Jessica’s hands turning icy cold.

“Yul…She’s Jae oppa’s cousin…” Jessica muttered as she looked at her husband. Donghae was stunned. It was as if this couple is stuck in between in this complicated relationship. However, both of them were sure that Taecyeon deserves a punch for all the pain he had caused. The members wanted to send them to Donghae’s house first but the couple insisted on going to the hospital. From the information they heard, every single one of them was sure that something else was going on between Yoona and Kyuhyun. Although the main issue now is taecyeon’s betrayer, the story involves not three people, but four; Ok Taecyeon, Im Yoona, Kwon Yuri, Cho Kyuhyun. The door crept open lightly but all they saw was a girl sitting emotionlessly on the bed. Jessica ran up to hug Yoona tightly. She felt like a bad friend when there is nothing she can do when Yoona is suffering.

“Unnie…” Jessica called out softly, trying to hold back her tears while Yoona returned the hug.

“Sica…” it was a helpless call. She was practically left with nothing except for this group of people. The boys left the ward but they watched them quietly from the outside. Yoona was practically pouring out her pains and sorrows to Jessica as the two girls hugged and cried together. Jessica can totally see those pains in her eyes. She wonders if she had never return, maybe Yoona will be together with Donghae instead and she wouldn’t be going through all these hurt and pains now.

“Pabo Sica, I’m a Haesica fan too!” Yoona joked as the two girls helped each other to wipe those tears away. Perhaps because she had finally said out every single thing that she’s been bottling up, she felt better. It was the first time you can hear her laughter and smile; those genuine ones. Donghae was still jumping with fumes when Jessica said she shouldn’t have come back for Donghae but now that they saw how Yoona smiled and open up; they were all glad and happy. They were all afraid that Yoona will continue bottling up her feelings but they can now put their mind at ease.

"Sica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter