The easier way out

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do listen Tiffany's 'By Myself' if you like(: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zojMNsjPcN0

Donghae’s POV:

“She was bleeding profusely in her head but we’ve managed to stop the bleeding. However, I’m very sorry to inform you that during the accident, the impact on her spine was too hard and she might have difficulty with walking if she wakes up,” the doctor said.

 

Did I just hear what he just said? Impact on her spine? Difficulty with walking? What does that even mean? She is a dancer and now you’re telling me she can walk? How can this be?

 

“Andwae, Sica…” Tiffany and Yoona broke down.

 

“She is a dancer, how is she going to face this?” Fanny mumbled.

 

I didn’t know what to say, I can’t believe what my ears heard. Can someone just tell me this is just a dream?

 

“Mianhe,” the doctor bowed and walked away.

 

“Please help her register at the counter while we sent her to her ward now,” said the nurse as she gave us a form and lead her parents to the counter.

 

I ran away, away from everything. It hurts. How is sica going to react to this? How is she even going to promote her second single? How am I supposed to face her now that I can’t even protect her? How am I supposed to face her parents now that I’m the reason why she is lying in there? I ran as far as my legs could carry me. I went to the roof top. Sica, how will you react?

 

“Oppa…” I turned around only to see Yoona.

 

“I can’t face her Yoong, I can’t,” I cried hard as I knelt down on the floor. Yoona is a little sister I’m really close to, someone whom I can confide in. But right now, I’m such a weakling, how am I supposed to be there for Sica.

 

“You have to be strong for her oppa, she needs you, and she sacrificed herself for you, not for you to weep in despair here!” she cried. It’s not that I don’t know, but I can’t. I failed so badly as her boyfriend.

 

“I… I just can’t- ” before I can even complete my sentence, she slapped me.

 

“If I had to choose between loving you and breathing. I would use my last breath to say I love you."

 

That sentence kept repeating in my head. It kept going on and on. That lovely voice I can never get sick of. That slap woke me hard. I’m no longer a little boy, I should be strong enough to protect my girl. How can I let Sica do everything for me, yet I stood here to cry like a baby boy.

 

It’s that look in your eye,
It’s the smile on your face;
That makes time slip by
And I know I'm in a better place.

It’s the memories of you
That make any grey sky turn blue,
And let me know these feelings I have
are true.


Getting lost in my dreams
With the mere image of you.
It’s hard to imagine it seems
A future lost, one without you.

So I leave my arms open,
And I'll wish and may pray,
Eyes focused and open
For your embrace just one more day

 

“Gomawo Yoong, let’s go and see her now?” I wiped those tears of weakness away as we walked towards her ward.

 

The room can never be quieter. All I could hear was the weeping of the girls, crying of her parents, and the beeping of the machine next to her. She used to be such a lively girl but now, she’s lying down there. An hour passed like eternity. She is really a sleeping beauty isn’t she?

 

“Uncle, auntie, why not you all go home and wash up first? I promise I’ll call you once Sica wakes up?” I said.

 

“But -” Mr Jung interrupted his wife.

 

“Donghae is right, Sica is still sleeping. The doctor had said that she might take up to one night before the numbness goes away. I’ll send you home to wash up while I go back to office to settle some paperwork,” Mr Jung said. I know she was worried for Sica.

 

“I’ll always be here for her,” I assured her before they left the ward.

 

I thought it was a dream

I thought it wasn't real
but pain really hurts and it’s really how I feel
Memories keep coming back

And so do all of the tears
I hear your voice

And as quick as the smile came,

It quickly disappears
I don't know what is happening,

Because you always held my hand

Sica, will you wake up?

 

Taecyeon POV:

It hurts to see Sica lying there. She was like a baby sister to me all along. I looked at Yoong crying at it pains me. Everyone was worried for her. Can’t walk? What is going to happen to her career now that she can’t walk? She loves singing, she loves dancing, and she belongs to the stage. Why?

 

“Yoong, you’ve not eaten since we reached Seoul, I’ll go and buy something for you?” I asked as I caressed her face. It was swollen from all that crying.

 

“Oppa, I’m not hungry,” she said weakly as she walked closer to Sica.

 

“She won’t want to see you like these young, eat something light, okay?” I tried to persuade her. All she did was to give a slight nod and a smile. However, it was an unconvincing smile.

 

“I’ll go with you,” Siwon spoke up. The two of us walked slowly to the canteen, leaving the girls and Donghae in the ward with Sica.

 

Siwon’s POV:

The last time I’ve seen Donghae cried this much was when Sica left him. Just when we thought that they’ve finally overcome everything and come together, such thing had to happen.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Taecyeon spoke.

 

“Sica, and Donghae, it was never a easy road,” I sighed. He nodded.

 

“I knew sica since Junior high. She was really an amiable girl who brightens up every one’s day. She used to love Jaejoong a lot, but when I saw the way Donghae and her exchange glances, I knew they were made for each other. Even when Sica was with Jaejoong, she never smiled like she did when she’s with Jaejoong. Even I was surprised because I never thought she would love someone more than she loved Jaejoong,” he said as we looked out of the window.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter