You're a beautiful chapter of my life...

Sweetness Of The Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She stood in front of his tombstone, as she recollects on those happy memories they shared during the 6 months they had together. Dressed in a beige loosely tucked chiffon top with a pair of light denim washed jeggings, her hair was combed into a bun with her fringe combed neatly to the side. Her brunette hair shined brightly as the sun rays shone on her. For a petite girl with height that has yet to exceed 170 cm, she wore an elegant pair of heels. Slowly, she removed her Chanel shades. 

"Oppa, How's it like there? I'm sure you are happier. No pain, no struggle." she said as she put her fingers on the photo, slowly tracing the features of that beautiful man. It was her, Jung Jessica. After Donghae left her for Taiwan, she ended her career in Korea for 6 months. She went on a hiatus in her career as she returned back to America with Jaejoong. Jessica accepted Jaejoong wholeheartedly as she held his hands to walk down the remaining road in his life. She did it. As a strong Jessica, she managed to keep Donghae right in her heart. Even though she returned to Korea after Jaejoong's departure, she has yet to contact Donghae. It's been a year...

Jessica's POV:
"Oppa, Gomawo. Thanks for letting me know how much you love me. If you had never left me, we would have been a really happy couple! Look! I'm still wearing the wedding ring! You force it out of my hand that very day, but I was smart enough to chained it and wear as a necklace." I said cheerfully as though he was right in front of me. I placed my palm on the necklace; there were two beautiful rings on it. One of which was my wedding ring.

Flashback:
It’s been a week since Donghae Oppa left. I was on the way to the airport with Jaejoong oppa. Sitting on the bench as I waited for oppa to check in the luggages, I held the envelope from donghae oppa hardly, as though I'll lose it any time soon. 

"Sica! Yah pabo! How can you leave without telling us?" Fany and heechul oppa exclaimed as they took turns to give me a goodbye hug. 

"Give us a call alright! I can't go with you because siwon oppa had ordered your twin to TAKE CARE of me," Fany said sarcastically as she pouted. Heechul oppa gave her a light smack on her head, earning giggles from us. 

"Yeah yeah Fany. Just take care alright! Please invite me for your wedding if you guys are that urgent!" I joked cheerfully as heechul oppa gave me thumbs up. 

"Hey sister, take care alright. Here is a gift from Donghae. I could only pass it to you today as the parcel only arrived yesterday. Anyway, here's a card for you too. I didn't tell him about Jaejoong. But I did mention that when you are ready, you will put it on. Don't disappoint me alright!" Heechul oppa said as he brought me into the last embrace, telling me it's a temporary goodbye for a period of time that no one knows how long. 

"Sica! Be happy! Make oppa happy too!" Fany shouted as I stepped past the check in point. I didn't turn around to face them for I knew I won't be strong enough to handle these sentimental moments. Thanks Fany, I will, because it's the last thing I could do for him. Thanks Heechul oppa, you've done enough for us.  

Sitting next to Jae oppa, I turned to see him sleeping soundly on my shoulders. Sometimes, I miss this feeling, those actions we shared. Seeing that he was asleep, I took out the gift from donghae oppa. It was a beautiful ring, with a pink heart shaped gem on it. The card says:

If this gift would ever reach her hands, I hope she will know this. Just came across the ring in Taiwan. The lady said it is to be given to the girl of your dream. Whether you can have her not, it's the shower of blessings. Love is sacrificial, love is selfless. Letting go is another way of love. This ring seems to read my mind. Take care my dear girl.

I read the card. I don't feel like crying. My heart was shouting for him but I came off strong. I took out the ring and place it on a silver chain as I hooked it around my neck. Oppa, I've placed you at where you ought to be. My heart.

Goodbye Korea, goodbye to my memories with Donghae. If I were to return after don't know how long, I'll promise to be a Jessica that you've never know. A brand new Jessica.

End of flashback.

I zoned out. I placed the bouquet of flowers in front of the tombstone. Oppa, I was really thankful for the 6 months, it was one of those beautiful memories we once shared.

 

Flashback:

 

Back in Ameirca, here I am in the apartment Oppa and I owned. It was a promise that I’ll make the rest of his life a meaningful one. Oppa has yet to know that I’m aware of his condition. I don’t want him to feel that I’m with him out of sympathy. I just want him to end the story of his life sweetly. I've learned that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon. I may not love you anymore, but you are surely one of the men whom I care for the most, one of those whom I once loved with my heart and soul, one of those whom I’ll never thought of leaving the most… In fact, all these while, it has only been you and Donghae oppa, which makes my little world, goes spinning, and my little innocent heart goes skipping.

 

“Oppa, let’s go kite flying?” I suggested as I ran into the bedroom.

 

“Sure Sica, wait for me downstairs alright!” He replied me sweetly as I skipped down the flight of stairs to wait for him. Within minutes, I saw him coming down with two huge kites. I smiled brightly at him, as I linked my arms with his and walked towards to open space filed. We look just like any happy couple on the streets. It felt like a few years back, when we were a real blissful young couple. Today, here we stood happily flying the kite, but will anyone look past these masks and see us tearing apart? Oppa, you are hurting, aren’t you?

 

“OMO! Higher Oppa!” I cheered happily like a three years old kid! I was really excited. We were jumping up and down. It felt like we were so carefree. We were like young little kids. No fear, no worries, just a genuine smile that comes off saying I’m happy. In fact, when we were little, I’m sure the word ‘sad’ had never been in my dictionary.

 

Sitting back to back on the picnic mat under the deep blue sky, everything was so perfect. On the big grass field, there was no one lift except us. It was quiet all along, yet we enjoyed the peacefulness. It was a beautiful silent. What can be better than sitting next to him, and know that he is still breathing. It was all his happiness and longevity that I would wish for now. He’s been through this and he left me because he didn’t want me to suffer with him. He came back, hoping that I would accept him, but to find out another relapse to his illness. It’s unfair. How else would I want when I could hear his breathing clearly, and the warmth of his hands on mine?

There are moments in my life that I'll always remember, not because they were important, but because he was there. He gave me memories that are worth keeping, even if it hurts to a certain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter