Letters and Goodbyes

Oppas' Little Girl

At midnight, all seven boys sat at the living room, slowly opening the six letters that were rightfully theirs in the beginning. Sunggyu sat still, his hands gripping around the arms of the chair as he could only look down at his shoes in shame. The letters were furiously ripped open, exciting the boys or bringing them curiosity. During the whole time, L couldn't keep his eyes off of Sunggyu. His eyes only parted for a brief moment when he looked at the letter, but the brown orbs rolled back to the leader. After some sort of an awkward pause, Sungjong was the first to speak.

"Our parents are bringing us back?" Sungjong asked in a low voice. Sunggyu could only nod his head. Sungyeol, who was the first to finish reading his letter, laughed and ripped it in half. The rest of the boys stared at him in shock.

"I am definitely not going home. What will my parents say if they see me with a bunch of girls around me?" Sungyeol pointed out. "I'm disgracing my family's name, but I blame my father for my good looks."

"I need to stay," Hoya reported. "Dongwoo hyung and I have an up-coming talent show, and he promised me to help me for something else…"

Dongwoo rolled his eyes in annoyance as Hoya blushed. The other boys couldn't quite figure out what was going on between the two, but they knew that whatever made Hoya blush, he was in love. 

"So that only leaves Myungsoo, Sungjong, and Woohyun," Sunggyu mumbled. 

Woohyun narrowed his eyes as he kept rereading the letter. "Mine seems a bit off. I don't remember my parents asking me to come back after I fought with some loan sharks. Either way, I'm not coming. I'd rather be tied down by Sunggyu's weak leadership than my parent's strict rules. Plus, it seems as if they want me to marry this girl. Psh. I'm never going to marry anyone."

"Myungsoo? Sungjong? Are you guys staying? Majority of us are," Sunggyu asked them. His eyes shined with hope, praying that the youngest would stay behind and stick together like brothers. Sungjong, whose eyes seemed dead, closed the letter and slipped it back into his envelope.

"I'm leaving," Sungjong announced. 

"What?"

"I'm going to leave, too," Myungsoo agreed. Sunggyu dropped his jaws as Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungyoel could only stare at them with wide eyes. Woohyun glanced at the two boys, and frowned.

"Why?" Woohyun asked. Sungjong laughed bitterly and shrugged his shoulders.

"I recently got rejected by a girl who I like. What's the point for me to stay? I don't want to see her. It's embarrassing," Sungjong responded. "Maybe if I go back home, I can return as a man instead of being like a younger brother."

"But we can help you! No, I can help you! I'm really good with girls!" Sungyeol blurted.

"No thanks. If you knew who this girl was, then you guys would all kill me," Sungjong replied, grinning weakly. 

"Then why are you leaving?" Woohyun asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo only heaved a sigh. "Why shoudn't I go back? I have no reputation that would ruin my family's name, my parents don't hate me, and I'm not busy with life except for school."

"When… When are you two leaving?" Sunggyu asked, turning slightly pale. I knew it. I knew this would happen.

"I'll be leaving as soon as I can get a ticket," Sungjong reported. "Maybe next week."

"How about you, Myungsoo?" Dongwoo questioned him.

"Same as Sungjong. Except I'll be squeezing my time to see Hoya's and Dongwoo's talent show. That, I can't miss," Myungsoo replied honestly. 

"You're leaving?" Seven heads turned around to face the young woman who looked like she was going to cry. Myungsoo widened his eyes as he shot up from his seat. He took a step forward, but stopped when he noticed her trembling.

"IU…" Myungsoo was about to explain before IU ran off to a random room in the mansion. He slowly parted his lips, wet them, and closed it back. 

"Wow! Usually, I'm the one who makes that girl cry, but this time, Myungsoo successfully made her cry and run away! Bravo!" Woohyun praised him. His words were deaf to Myungsoo, as he could only stare at the spot where IU stood.

 

"And I can't believe he's leaving! I-I mean, I just came! It's not fair for him to leave me like this!" IU sobbed. Thunder sighed and rubbed his forehead. He almost felt cursed, with IU sleeping in the same bed as him, crying and wetting his pillow. Wooyoung and Yoseob were peacefully trying to sleep, but from IU's unpleasant sounds of tears, they could hardly get any rest.

"Again, why is it that you always come to me when you have emotional problems?" Thunder grunted.

"B-Because you said that you would be my best friend who's going to be there for me!" IU exclaimed.

"I was only ten, alright? Plus, didn't Yoseob and Wooyoung said that they would be your friends, too?" Thunder asked her.

"Y-Yoseob oppa said that he would be my prince charming, while W-Wooyoung oppa told me that he'll be my knight in shining armor," IU mumbled.

"Oh my gosh, I even had the bed all to myself until you came along. Hey, hey! Wooyoung, help!" Thunder yelled. IU began to cry louder, and Thunder could not do anything. He turned his head towards Yoseob and asked him, "Do you want to switch beds?"

"No way," Yoseob murmured, half-awake. "I like my sleep…"

"Wooyoung?"

"Heck no," Wooyoung muttered back. "Tell her to shut up or something."

"Did you not hear me chanting that for the past five minutes?" Thunder asked in disbelief. He was welcomed by soft snores from both of his friends. He groaned, then turned his body to face the sobbing woman. He heaved a sigh, and wiped her tears with his thumb. 

"Tell you what. Tomorrow, I'm going to wake you up. You are going to wear a jacket since it's going to be cold in the morning."

"Where are we going to go?" IU sniffed.

"Somewhere back to the past," Thunder murmured, closing his eyes. "So be quiet and get some sleep. I'll wake you up later…"

With that, the two drifted off to sleep.

 

The next morning, everyone in the house heard Sungyeol scream. L and Sunggyu were the first to get up from their seat to see what was going on. They ran towards IU's bedroom, where they found Sungyeol tossing her blanket and throwing her pillow across the room. Sungyeol stared at L and Sunggyu with wide eyes.

"IU's gone!"