Sticky Hands

Oppas' Little Girl

"Eh? You saw them, too?" Myungsoo's eyes widened as he watched Woohyun irritatingly scratch the back of his head. Woohyun swallowed a whole chicken piece in whole and wiped his mouth with his sleeve.

"Aish…I just said that I heard them, not saw them. IU seemed really hurt by Sungjong's comment this morning," Woohyun replied. He stripped another chicken meat and gulped it right down. Dongwoo chuckled at the large lump that slowly made its way through Woohyun's throat to his stomach. Hoya gave him a disapproving look, as Dongwoo gave him a glare.

"Hey Woohyun, you should swallow," Hoya said quietly. However, he received a cold look from Woohyun, which immediately caused Hoya to close his mouth. Myungsoo glanced at Sungjong, who looked a lot more pale and tired this morning. Myungsoo slowly leaned towards Sungjong, and tilted his head a bit.

"Sungjong…" Myungsoo started. "Are you sure nothing happened?"

Sungjong jumped from his spot a bit and looked away with a blush on his cheek. "I-I'm sure nothing happened! Why would I have any relationship between IU?"

"Then what's up with your attitude this morning?" Dongwoo asked.

"I-I…I was just angry! I needed to get my anger out on someone!" Sungjong lied.

"Why were you angry?" Hoya questioned.

"I…For a reason!" Sungjong responded, clenching his fist. Myungsoo, who noticed Sungjong's fist, chuckled and scoffed. Myungsoo got up, and smiled at the other boys.

"Well, I'm going out first, okay?" Myungsoo said. Everyone nodded their head as Myungsoo left the group. Suddenly, Hoya looked up at everyone and frowned.

"Wait, did he say that he's going out first?" Hoya asked.

"That's what we heard," Dongwoo replied.

"He said he's going out. As far as I know it, Myungsoo never made a grammar mistake in his life!" Hoya exclaimed. Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungjong exchanged strange glances. Woohyun sighed and chewed on the chicken skin.

"Yeah. When he means he's going out, he means he's leaving the school. You guys are idiots," Woohyun muttered. Right at that moment, Hoya and Sungjong stood up from their seat. They stared at each other, and looked away.

"I…I'll go find Myungsoo," Hoya and Sungjong said in unison. They stared at each other, broke into a grin, and ran to follow where Myungsoo had gone.

Dongwoo was about to follow them until Woohyun said, "Hey, aren't you a teacher here? Shouldn't you be heading to class? Why were you with the students in the first place, any ways?"

Dongwoo bit his bottom lip and scratched the back of his head. "Well…"

"Huh. I won't be surprised if you get fired for this job," Woohyun mumbled. Dongwoo sighed and slipped his hands inside his pocket.

"Oh sheesh, fine! I'll go and teach the students! You know, it's really boring without you guys in that class," Dongwoo said, sighing. Dongwoo left Woohyun alone, who finally finished eating his lunch. Woohyun sighed calmly, and leaned against a nearby tree.

"Man, do I just love sleeping," Woohyun mumbled. He closed his eyes for a few minutes. There wasn't a sound disturbing Woohyun's short nap except for the leaves rustling against each other quietly. Finally, Woohyun sat straight up and groaned. He stood up, and walked up to the school's gate. In just a second, Woohyun was over the gate and out of the school.

"Sheesh. Idiots. Leaving me alone to just take a nap. Who do they think I am? Sleeping Beauty?" Woohyun grunted.

 

"Here's your ice cream." Sungyeol handed an ice cream cone to IU, who gladly accepted the sweet treat. She smiled warmly at Sungyeol, who smiled back.

"Thank you," IU thanked. "I'm sorry for being so selfish. I mean, you dragged me out of school and bought me ice cream!"

Sungyeol just smiled. "Well, you are accompanying me. Hm... How about after this, we go to an arcade and play some games?"

IU laughed. "That sounds fun!"

Sungyeol smiled softly at IU, who happily lapped her melting ice cream. He continued to stare at her, realizing how dazzling she looked when she smiled. He suddenly noticed how bright her eyes were, and how blinding it was to see her face glow with joy and happiness. When Sungyeol stared at IU's soft, pink lips, he wondered if she had ever kissed anyone before. 

Ba-thump.

"Um…Sungyeol oppa," IU said quietly. Sungyeol snapped out of his thoughts and felt his cheeks feel a lot warmer than before.

"Y-Yeah?" Sungyeol asked.

"Your ice cream…" IU used her index finger to point at Sungyeol's ice cream, which was dripped all over his hand. Sungyeol's cheeks flushed as IU scurried to grab some napkins out of her pocket. She quickly grabbed Sungyeol's hand and began to wipe the sticky ice cream. Sungyeol almost heard his heart race, and he was deeply afraid that IU could hear his heart beat.

Slap! IU slowly looked into Sungyeol's eyes, confused. Sungyeol noticed that his hands were brought together and were far away from IU's hand. He widened his eyes, realizing that he had just slapped away IU's hand. He looked away, blushing, and slowly handed IU his icky hand.

"S-Sorry," Sungyeol stuttered. "I-I…You can continue cleaning."

IU stared at Sungyeol, frowned, and shrugged her shoulders as she gently tried her best to wipe off the sticky ice cream from Sungyeol's hand. To Sungyeol, each touch was delicate and soft. He knew that IU was scolding him for being so messy, but his ears were deafened. All he could hear was how loud his heart was pounding against his chest. He hung around with many girls before, and had dated and dumped them plenty of times. However, this was the first for Sungyeol to make his heart beat so loudly. 

Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Ba-thump.