Falling For A Noona

Oppas' Little Girl

It's been three days ever since Sunggyu and IU had their little conversation together. During those past three days, Sunggyu was the only guy who could visit IU in her room. The rest of the guys? They were forced to hang around in the house in boredom, make food for themselves (their meals mostly consisted of ramen), and sometimes tried to eavesdrop on Sunggyu's and IU's conversation.

Myungsoo, who was leaning against IU's door, chewed on his bottom lips irritatedly. He heard them laugh, but for what reason? He heard them clapping their hands, but why? The little maknae crawled next to Myungsoo, and poked his ribs. Myungsoo flinched, and glared at Sungjong.

"Y-Ya!" Myungsoo yelled. "What are you doing?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Sungjong asked. "You're the only one spying. Actually, you're the only one who's been here for the last…two hours. Have you even eaten your ramen?" Myungsoo shook his head in reply. "Okay, good. You shouldn't because Hoya's ramen !"

Myungsoo cracked up into a smile. "It's not his fault. Besides, you're not even allowed to go near the oven."

"I know, I know." Sungjong scowled. "But…what do you think their talking about?"

Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe just about stuff? Or maybe that incident at the street? Or maybe…" Myungsoo paused, leaving Sungjong curious.

"What? Maybe what?" Sungjong asked. Myungsoo slowly turned his head.

"Maybe they're talking about us," Myungsoo whispered.

"No way! Hyung wouldn't do that! And if he did, he would've beaten up IU by now!" Sungjong retorted. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

"Or maybe…Maybe it's because Sunggyu hyung likes IU and won't beat her up for gossiping behind us," Myungsoo said.

By now, Sungjong was feeling sick in his stomach. For some reason, he didn't like the thought of IU talking behind his back.

Of course, it wasn't official decided that IU was gossiping behind his back, right?

 

"It's Thursday. I dread Thursdays," Dongwoo groaned. IU frowned at Dongwoo for a moment, as if she was confused.

"Don't you have work? I thought you were too old to go to high school," IU said. Dongwoo grinned and winked at IU.

"I do, but I got fired again."

"Don't worry about Dongwoo getting fired. He's worked over twenty different jobs, and he's been fired after three days," Myungsoo said, trying to calm down IU's shocked face. IU heaved a sigh in relief, and then turned to Sungjong. She gave him a small smile.

"Sungjong-ah, you've been quiet for a while. Do you have any other news for me or something?" IU asked. Sungjong gave IU a cold look before walking away too quickly. IU dropped , and then closed it. She frowned, wondering if she did anything wrong. Suddenly, Sungyeol snook behind IU and wrapped his arms around IU's shoulder.

"It's okay, IU-ah!" Sungyeol assured. "The little guy's always like this to girls. It takes some time for him to get use to guests, especially if they were hiding in their room for three days straight."

IU blushed, as Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol away from her. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't want to, but…"

"It's okay, IU. We all know that you like Sunggyu now," Dongwoo teased. Myungsoo and Sungyeol shot Dongwoo a cold, hard glare. Sungjong, who wasn't too far from them, heard what Dongwoo had said. Sungjong his dry lips, and nervously wiped his sweaty hands against his uniform.

That can't be. Does she really like Sunggyu hyung? he wondered.

 

During lunch, IU almost screamed. She was sitting with Myungsoo, Hoya, and Sungjong near a cherry blossom tree, and she started to chew on her bottom lips.

"OH MY GOSH! How could I forget my lunch?! Gah! I'm going to starve!" IU whined. She banged her little fist against her forehead, cursing for being such a klutz. Myungsoo grabbed IU's wrist to prevent her from hitting her own forehead.

"Stop that, you're going to lose brain cells," Myungsoo said. Suddenly, IU found a box of rice and kimchi in front of her. She looked up to see Hoya handing his food to IU. His whole face was red, and it was so obvious that he was blushing.

"T-Take mine. I'm not hungry," Hoya lied, chewing his chopsticks nervously. IU brightened up a bit, but then pouted.

"No, I can't. You have a fitness test today. You have to do your best! You all do!" IU exclaimed. She sighed, and brought her knees up to her chest. "I'm such a babo! Aish…"

Then suddenly, IU say a wrapped bento in front of her. She pushed it away, thinking that it was Myungsoo who was handing her his lunch.

"No, I don't want it," IU mumbled.

"Really? You just said that you were hungry," a different voice behind her. IU gasped, and widened her eyes. She turned around, only to find Sunggyu grinning at her. 

"S-Sunggyu oppa! What are you doing here?" IU asked.

"I was on my break, and decided to give your bento. I have to leave right away, though. I need to help Dongwoo find a new job, and I have to find Woohyun and give him his math notebook," Sunggyu said. IU nodded her head, and gratefully accepted her lunch. She beamed, and gave Sunggyu a small hug.

"Thank you so much! I thought I was going to starve!" IU squealed. Myungsoo and Hoya enviously stared at Sunggyu, as Sungjong ignored the scene. Sunggyu smiled, and pushed IU away gently.

"Well, I got to go. Have a good lunch!" With that, Sunggyu took off like the wind. IU unwrapped the handkerchief  and took out the top lid of her lunch box. Her eyes glowed when she spotted her lunch, which consisted of rice and a lot of other healthy vegetables.

"Kya! Sunggyu oppa really is the best!" IU said with a smile. Suddenly, Sungjong stood up and cleaned up the mess he made around him.

"I'm done eating. I'll be going," Sungjong mumbled. He took off at the same direction Sunggyu had went, and left IU, Myungsoo, and Hoya blinking their eyes cluelessly.

 

Sungjong was thankful that Sunggyu was still in school campus. Right when Sunggyu was going to leave the gate, Sungjong was able to catch up with him.

"Hyung! Sunggyu hyung!" Sungjong yelled. Sunggyu turned around, and then smiled at the maknae.

"Oh, Sungjong-ah! Why are you here–"

"Hyung, stop flirting with IU," Sungjong said coldly, panting a bit. Sunggyu's cheeks turned bright red, as he looked away from Sungjong.

"E-Eh? Me? Flirting with IU? T-That's nonsense! I'm too old for her!" Sunggyu protested. Sungjong rolled his eyes, and slipped his hands in his pocket.

"Well then. Tell me what you guys were talking about when IU was stuck in her room. You always looked happier when you got out of IU's room during those past three days," Sungjong grunted. To be honest, Sungjong didn't know where he was going with this. Why was he even questing his hyung? It wasn't like him to do that.

"We were talking about stuff. You know, abut life. That's it," Sunggyu said. Then, he raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me…Do you like IU?"

Sungjong's heart raced. He stared Sunggyu for a second, trying to absorb what he had said. Once he digested Sunggyu's words, Sungjong felt his cheeks feel warmer than usual. He bit his bottom lips, and looked away.

…Shoot. Am I really falling for a noona? Sungjong wondered.