Roses in the MailBox

Oppas' Little Girl

Woohyun was on his way to pick up some stuff he needed later tonight. He stopped by the flower shop, and then bit his lips. He scratched his head, and took a deep breath. He wasn't the type to stop by girly places such as the flower shop, but he had to get some flowers. Woohyun awkwardly stepped inside the shop, and when he did, he partly regretted going inside.

"Ah, you're Woohyun, yes?" a lady asked, wiping her wet hands against her apron. Woohyun kept quiet. He had no clue who this woman was, and didn't understand how she knew his name.

"No ma'am. It's…Woo–"

"Don't you dare lie to me, sir. I know you and your name by heart. You always came here to buy a few flowers and wrote an apology card to go along with those flowers. Now, who did you reject now?" the lady asked. Though her voice was serious, she had a bright smile on her face. Woohyun sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Er, I didn't really reject a girl. I kinda…Well…"

"Well…?"

"Well, I kind of…screamed at her," Woohyun honestly replied. Why the heck am I talking to this lady?

"Go on…"

"What?"

"Go on," she urged. "There must be more. Why did you scream at her?"

"Cause she was being an annoying bug," Woohyun bitterly responded.

"And how was she being an–"

"Can I just buy these stupid flowers and a small card to go along with it? Just thinking about this person makes me sick," Woohyun grunted. The lady frowned, but then grabbed a batch of roses and handed it to Woohyun. She quickly scurried behind the counter, disappeared below, and appeared again with a small card in her hand. Woohyun came over and grabbed a pen from the counter and quickly scribbled a few messages on the card.

"So you screamed at her because she was being annoying, right?" the lady asked. "Why was she so annoying?"

"I don't know! She suddenly wants me to study with her, and I will never study with her. She's not only dumb, but very disturbing–"

"Disturbing? In what way?" the lady asked, widening her eyes.

"Well first of all, she knocks on my door a gazillion time 'till I open it. Then, she–" Woohyun paused, and bit his lips. "Can I have another card? I messed up while talking to you." The lady nodded and handed Woohyun a fresh new card. "Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, second of all, she forces me to eat dinner with the rest of the guys. That just makes things so awkward between us. I think she's trying to get rid of me. Yes! She's definitely trying to get rid of me. I mean, why else would she want to bug me all day?"

"Maybe she likes you," the lady suggested. Woohyun stopped scribbling and froze. He accidentally made an unnecessary mark on the card. He slowly looked up and blinked his eyes.

"What?" he asked. "Oh, and can I have another paper?"

The lady nodded and handed him one more paper. "Maybe the girl likes you and just wants to get you know more better. While she's trying her hardest to get closer to you, all you've been doing is pushing her away in the meanest way possible."

Woohyun blinked his eyes a few more time, and then laughed weakly. "No way. That's impossible. She's just bugging me."

"That can be the reason, but from my point of view, it just seems like she really likes you," the lady said, shrugging her shoulders. Woohyun shook his head.

"No, I will absolutely deny the fact that she loves me. It doesn't make sense. You don't annoy the heck out of someone just because you're crushing on them," Woohyun reasoned.

"Sure, whatever you want to believe. I predict that you'll come to the shop and buy some flowers again real soon," the lady mumbled. Woohyun ignored her and purchased the flowers and the card. He big her a goodbye and left the shop.

There is no way that IU loves me, he thought. Besides, I don't even know her real name.

 

"I'm going to get the mail!" IU called. She walked outside to the mailbox and opened it. She reached her hand into the mailbox, only to find a few letters and something thick and bumpy. She frowned, and peeked inside the mailbox. She gasped and quickly pulled out the roses from the mailbox. Raising an eyebrow, she glanced at the card.

"'Sorry IU,'" she read aloud. She grinned, and knew exactly who these flowers were from. "How pretty. So he does have a sweet side in him."