Ditching School

Oppas' Little Girl

At school, Hoya searched for IU through the endless halls. His mind couldn't be comforted with what happened during the morning. He desperately needed to see IU. His heart was greedy for her. All he wanted to do was comfort her and to tell her what Myungsoo had told her – that Sungjong was grumpy beacuse he didn't have enough sleep.

He honestly had no clue why Sungjong was so rude this morning. Even if Sungjong was half-asleep or lacked the sleep he needed, he was never rude to anyone. In fact, he was especially kind to noonas, but had no interest in them. The more Hoya thought about Sungjong and his strange attitude, the more Hoya suspected that the little maknae had feelings for the young girl.

A sharp pain struck his heart as he stopped his feet. He took a deep breath and glanced at his watch. He only had a two minutes before his class started, and his class was three minutes away from where he was.

Wait.

"Shoot! I'm going to be late for Dongwoo's dance class!" Hoya exclaimed. Before he knew it, he took off as fast as he could, forgetting all his troubled thoughts. 

 

Once again, Sungyeol decided to ditch his class. He thought that math was a waste of time and rather be outside. When Sungyeol arrived to a random tree, he quickly rubbed his hands together and glanced his surroundings. So far, he spotted no one around him. Taking a deep breath, he jumped on the tree and started to climb it, being careful not to get any splinters.

In minutes, Sungyeol was up on the thickest and highest branch. He grinned and hid himself above the leaves so that when the teachers looked up, they would only see the bright, green leaves than Sungyeol himself. As he turned around, he almost screamed.

"What…"

"Sh!" the girl whispered. Sungyeol stared at IU, as she pointed above her. There was Woohyun, sleeping soundly right above IU's head. Sungyeol looked back at IU and frowned at her.

"I thought…You…"

IU let out a small, embarrassed chuckle. "It's a long story, but I don't want to go to class today."

"No, not that. I thought you didn't like trees," Sungyeol pointed out. IU bit her bottom lip.

"Well…I saw you climb it and everything, and you seemed to enjoy it. I tried it myself, and I was going to go down, but…it's too high," IU said, her cheeks shaded in deep red. She was obviously embarassed, and she continued, saying, "Plus, Woohyun was up here. If I went down, I might've made a lot of noise. He would get mad."

"Oh, I see. So…are you ditching class because of Sungjong?" Sungyeol asked, leaning his back against the trunk of the tree. IU sighed.

"I guess. I'm not feeling so well, either," IU added.

"You should go home. Sunggyu can take care of you," Sungyeol suggested. IU shook her head. She curled herself up into a ball and rested her head against her knee.

"No, I don't want to bother Sunggyu oppa. He's done so much for me. I would rather ditch school than go home, being all depressed," IU confessed half-heartedly. Sungyeol paused for a moment. Then, a mischievous grin appeared on Sungyeol's face. He quickly dropped down to the ground and landed on his feet perfectly. He looked up at IU and motioned her to jump down the tree. IU quickly shook her head until she saw Sungyeol raising his hands.

"I'll catch you," Sungyeol mouthed silently. IU hesitated for a moment, and then took a deep breath. She quickly closed her eyes and hopped down the tree, praying that Sungyeol could catch her. Before she knew it, her body was in Sungyeol's arm. He stuck his tongue out playfully and helped IU stand back on her feet. "Come on."

He quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her to the front gates of the school. IU's eyes widened as she turned to the building and back at the gates.

"Are we doing what I'm thinking we're doing?" IU asked. Sungyeol stopped, and then grinned at IU.

"If you're thinking about ditching school, then yes, we are," Sungyeol said. IU dropped and desperately wanted to say something, but nothing came out.

 

Myungsoo was paying attention to the teacher's lessons until the corner of his eyes caught two people heading to the school's front gate. He arched an eyebrow and was about to tell the teacher that two students were ditching school. He stopped himself from informing the adult when he noticed that it was Sungyeol and IU. He frowned, and tilted his head.

"Why are they together?" Myungsoo whispered.

"Excuse me, Mr. Kim, but did you say something?" the teacher asked, turning to Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked up and smiled as he shook his head.

"No, nothing. I was just repeating what you said and jotting down the notes," Myungsoo replied, raising his pencil. The teacher nodded his head and continued his lessons. Myungsoo glanced back at the window and spotted Sungyeol helping IU climb over the gate.

He didn't know exactly what he was feeling, but all he knew was that he didn't like the sight of IU being with Sungyeol at all.

 

Sungjong felt guilty. He felt like a monster. He didn't mean to hurt IU's feelings or cause choas in the kitchen this morning. He was just…preventing himself from falling in love with IU even more. He didn't think that he would cause his hyungs to scold him or IU to avoid him.

Now he was thinking about it, it was kind of lonely without IU around him. He sighed, and then played with his pencil as he drifted off with his thoughts. If only I liked noonas in the first place…