A Night of Worry

Oppas' Little Girl

That night, Hoya couldn't sleep. He tossed and his bed, but no matter what he did (he even counted sheep, and he never counted sheep) he could not fall asleep. He sighed and sat up. He glanced at the clock, only to find that it was nine o'clock.

IU isn't back, he thought. Dongwoo hyung isn't back, either.

He felt his fingers tightly grip on his blanket. A sick, uneasy feeling caused Hoya to groan and get up to get some fresh air. All he wondered was when the two would come back from their little "date."

 

"Ow," Sungyeol said, rolling his eyes. Dongwoo had given him a couple of soft punches on the arm, and this time Dongwoo flicked Sungyeol's arm. Sungyeol frowned at Dongwoo, and glanced at IU who had fell asleep on Dongwoo's back. "Why do you get to carry her back home? Why can't I carry her? She's not even heavy, and I've been carrying her the whole day."

"That's because a strong guy like me can carry a beautiful lady like her," Dongwoo replied, sticking out his tongue. Sungyeol frowned and puffed his cheeks as he slipped his hands in his pocket. He took a quick glance at IU and smiled softly.

"Don't you think she's beautiful, hyung?" Sungyeol asked, staring at IU's angelic face. Dongwoo raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I mean, her face literally glows under the moon," Sungyeol pointed out.

"Um, Sungyeol, are you…"

"I want to go to sleep, too." Sungyeol paused, and then flashed Dongwoo a quick grin. "Hey Dongwoo hyung, can I carry her now? I'll bring her to my room since it's the closest and–"

Smack! Dongwoo flicked his fingers on Sungyeol forehead, causing Sungyeol to crouch and groan in pain.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow!" Sungyeol cried, rubbing his red forehead. Dongwoo snickered and quickly walked away from the injured boy.

Okay, good. I thought Sungyeol was going to say something weird again, Dongwoo thought, heaving a sigh. Though Sungyeol was a erted choding, saying things like IU was "beautiful" and her face "glowing under the moon" was definitely not like Sungyeol.

After all, Sungyeol always failed to be a poetic kid.

 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Glancing at the clock, Sungjong sighed. It was thirty minutes past nine, and almost half of the boys weren't here. Woohyun, of course, went out to do whatever he did, Sungyeol said that he was going to hang out with his buddies, and Dongwoo…

The maknae bit his bottom lips and felt his head banging inside. Dongwoo was with IU, and it was getting pretty late. As much as he wanted to go outside and search for the two, he didn't. It would be too weird if he went out this late. Besides, Sunggyu wouldn't allow him to go out this late.

 

"Not sleepy?"

"How can I go to sleep when she's out this late?" Myungsoo asked, scratching his head. He glanced at his watch. In about twenty minutes, it would be ten o'clock. Sunggyu gave Myungsoo a soft smile and took a seat across from Myungsoo.

"Want me to make you something like warm milk?" Sunggyu offered. Myungsoo scoffed.

"I'm not a kid, hyung," Myungsoo said.

"So is IU and Dongwoo. What happened to you watching out for Woohyun these days? If I'm correct, you should be out dragging Woohyun inside the house by the ear," Sunggyu said. Myungsoo turned away from Sunggyu and tapped his fingers on the kitchen table.

"Woohyun isn't a kid now, I guess."

"He still has a nose for trouble," Sunggyu pointed out. Myungsoo glanced at his hyung, who drank small gulps of water.

"You want me to find Woohyun and bring him back in, don't you?" Myungsoo asked, heaving a sigh. Sunggyu grinned.

"Aw, Myungsoo! You'd do that for me? Thanks!" Sunggyu exclaimed, jumping to conclusion. He patted Myungsoo's shoulder, as Myungsoo dropped his jaws.