Love At First Sight

Oppas' Little Girl

The second IU entered those large, black gates, she knew that her life would be changed forever.

"Lee Ji Eun-ssi–"

"Call me IU," the brown-haired girl demanded. 

The butler shifted himself uncomfortably. "Okay, then. Um, IU-ssi, welcome to your new home." 

With that said, the girl stepped out of the white limousine. Her bright, chocolate eyes shined, as she stared at the huge, white mansion. It was nothing she had ever seen before. A smile warmly crept on her face as she glanced behind her. Behind the limousine was a round fountain with a stoned-cupid on top. Surrounding the fountain were plenty of beautiful flowers, roses to be specific. 

IU unfolded her envelope she had received from her parent's lawyer. She remembered how she was at her parent's funeral, alone, crying and mourning for her parents. Her parents had mysteriously disappeared, and the officers found their body in the ocean. They declared that her parents committed suicide by drowning, but she found it utterly unbelievable that her parents would commit suicide.

She heaved a sigh as she read her letter.

 

To our Ji Eunnie,

Ji Eun-ah, how are you doing? Hopefully you're doing fine. As you can see, we're probably dead right now. We love you, sweetie, we truly do. We would never leave you if it wasn't for faith and our destiny.

 

IU bitterly stared at the last two sentences. If you loved me, then why were your bodies found in the ocean?

 

Ji Eun-ah, I know this might be sudden, but as young adults, your father and I agreed that in case of emergencies like this, we would send you to live with 7 boys. We know their parents very well, so if you have any problems, then just contact the boys' parents. All these boys are brothers, so hopefully they'll get along and make you comfortable. You'll be going to their school, too, and hopefully you'll enjoy their elite school. We love you, Ji Eun-ah. We'll always be with you in spirit, even though you won't be able to see us.

Sincerely,

Your mother and your father

 

Oh boy, IU thought, groaning. Seven boys. Woohoo! Seven boys whom I'll be getting to know with and live with. I bet they're a mess.

IU heaved another sigh. She had to leave so many friends and important neighbors behind, it was really hard for her to let go of her past. She didn't even want to live with these boys. She truly, deeply wished that she could've lived with her friend Jiyeon or even Luna. She stared at her reflection in the fountain and pouted.

"You seem pretty upset. How about a rose for that pretty face of yours?"

IU gasped loudly and stumbled away from the fountain. Her eyes widened and suddenly locked with the stranger's intense brown eyes. She stared at the lovely man who was grinning at her, showing her his killer smile. Her heart raced as she watched the stranger lean towards the flowers. He picked out a red rose from the flower bed and gently handed it to IU. For a second, she stared at the rose, as if she was debating on whether or not to accept it. She glanced at the man, who gave her a slight nod. Then, IU slowly reached for the flower and grabbed it, blushing madly.

"My name is Myungsoo, but everyone just calls me L. Call me whatever you want to call me." Myungsoo paused for a moment. "You're Ji Eun-ssi, right? The girl who's here to live with seven guys?"

A small smile crept on IU's face. "Yes, I am, but please call me IU."

Myungsoo smiled and took IU's milky hand. He brushed his lips against the back of her hand, making her blush even harder. Her heart raced even faster as Myungsoo parted his lips from her hand. He smiled at her and extended his own hand out towards IU.

"Shall we go in, then?" Myungsoo asked. IU shyly nodded as she took Myungsoo's hand.

To her, it was love at first sight.